Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Supreme Court Won't Halt Turnover Of Trump's Tax Records

Full text of Trump’s response to Supreme Court ruling on his taxes

Former President Donald Trump hit back at the U.S. Supreme Court today over his tax returns. "It just never ends!," he wrote in a statement.
Former President Donald Trump hit back at the U.S. Supreme Court today over his tax returns. “It just never ends!,” he wrote in a statement.
By JOE DWINELL | joed@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED:  | UPDATED: 

Former President Donald Trump came out swinging today after the U.S. Supreme Court announced it won’t block the turnover of his tax records to a New York state prosecutor.

“It just never ends!” Trump wrote. “The Supreme Court never should have let this ‘fishing expedition’ happen.”

Here is Trump’s full response from his 45 Office email account:

“This investigation is a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country, whether it was the never ending $32 million Mueller hoax, which already investigated everything that could possibly be investigated, ‘Russia Russia Russia,’ where there was a finding of ‘No Collusion,’ or two ridiculous ‘Crazy Nancy’ inspired impeachment attempts where I was found NOT GUILTY. It just never ends!

So now, for more than two years, New York City has been looking at almost every transaction I’ve ever done, including seeking tax returns which were done by among the biggest and most prestigious law and accounting firms in the U.S. The Tea Party was treated far better by the IRS than Donald Trump. The Supreme Court never should have let this “fishing expedition” happen, but they did. This is something which has never happened to a President before, it is all Democrat-inspired in a totally Democrat location, New York City and State, completely controlled and dominated by a heavily reported enemy of mine, Governor Andrew Cuomo. These are attacks by Democrats willing to do anything to stop the almost 75 million people (the most votes, by far, ever gotten by a sitting president) who voted for me in the election—an election which many people, and experts, feel that I won. I agree!

The new phenomenon of “headhunting” prosecutors and AGs—who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon—is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty. That’s what is done in third world countries. Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent. That’s fascism, not justice—and that is exactly what they are trying to do with respect to me, except that the people of our Country won’t stand for it.

In the meantime, murders and violent crime are up in New York City by record numbers, and nothing is done about it. Our elected officials don’t care. All they focus on is the persecution of President Donald J. Trump.

I will fight on, just as I have, for the last five years (even before I was successfully elected), despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me. We will win!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Understood.  When a prosecuting attorney confiscates Biden's tax returns, I'll be sure to forward any articles covering it.  

GO RV, then BV

Oh Shabs. You get bonus points from my side for your intelligent stick to it attitude. My fear is that you are admirably urinating up the rope. The comments from others only demonstrate their parochial and lemming like support of DJT. Please all, just leap off the cliff and end this madness.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So that's why you come here daily 

First and foremost, I come here when I do because of my IQD investment....and yes, as we wait for our original investment to come to fruition, I have found politics on this site to be an enlightening experience into the human condition.....And through all the fits, barbs, attacks, and laughter, I've managed to learn more about our form of government and justice that I thought I already knew....I happily learn something new every day, which is a plus, and something we should all strive for.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rafiki1 said:

Oh Shabs. You get bonus points from my side for your intelligent stick to it attitude. My fear is that you are admirably urinating up the rope. The comments from others only demonstrate their parochial and lemming like support system" rel="">support of DJT. Please all, just leap off the cliff and end this madness.

Everybody has an opinion and should be afforded the opportunity to give it, respectfully, of course.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Week

Journalist Tim O'Brien, who's seen Trump's taxes, thinks Trump's accountant will now flip in D.A. inquiry

Peter Weber
Fri, February 26, 2021, 1:27 AM

d71ef07f2d6e76070da499fa61518b8c

Bloomberg's Tim O'Brien, one of the few journalists who has seen former President Donald Trump's tax returns, told MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell on Thursday night he will sleep better now that Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance finally has eight years of Trump's financial documents, from 2011 to 2019. Trump "is very afraid of what's in these documents, I think," because they put him in serious criminal jeopardy, O'Brien said, but he isn't the only one implicated.

O'Brien went on to explain why he thinks it's likely Trump's chief accountant, Allen Weisselberg, will flip on Trump. "The thing to really focus in on here is that it's not just the tax records that Cy Vance has now," O'Brien said. "He probably has reams and reams of the accountant's work product. This is a criminal case, they're going to need to prove criminal intent on the part of Trump, his three eldest children, Allen Weisselberg, and anyone else in the Trump Organization who's fallen under the parameters of this investigation. And if there are email and notes and other records of communication about what they intended to do when they inflated the value of buildings so they could get loans against them and then turned around and deflated the value of the buildings so they could pay lower taxes on them, and there's a communication around that that predates any of these tax entries, that is gold for a prosecutor."

A few hours earlier, O'Brien told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace that the particular eight years of documents Vance's team has "is important, because it predates Trump's ascent into the White House, and I think helps build the narrative around the money trail and Trump's motivations for his destructive and obscene dance with people like Vladimir Putin. It's a shame they couldn't go back further — think this is one of the tragic misses of Robert Mueller's investigation, he could have gone back further, I think, than Cy Vance is able to into Trump's finances."

O'Brien also underscored that the investigation implicates at least Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump, and "it also targets people inside the Trump Organization who might flip on Trump if they're exposed to criminal liability," but "the brass ring in all of this is that if Trump has a criminal conviction, he cannot run for president again, and that's looming over this entire thing as well."

GO RV, then BV
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

First and foremost, I come here when I do because of my IQD investment....and yes, as we wait for our original investment to come to fruition, I have found politics on this site to be an enlightening experience into the human condition.....And through all the fits, barbs, attacks, and laughter, I've managed to learn more about our form of government and justice that I thought I already knew....I happily learn something new every day, which is a plus, and something we should all strive for.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Relax Brother, it was just a joke. :lmao:

32 minutes ago, TexasGranny said:

So much for NOT leaking Grand Jury documents.  🤬 AND, innocent until proven guilty! Yeah, that Constitution thing again.

:cowboy2:

Tim O'Brien must have seen those millions of tax docs months ago to glean the info he is espousing.....It's reasonable to think it would take a person months to go through that many pages, let alone, make heads or tails of any malfeasance.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Tim O'Brien must have seen those millions of tax docs months ago to glean the info he is espousing.....It's reasonable to think it would take a person months to go through that many pages, let alone, make heads or tails of any malfeasance.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

Then he is guilty of breaking the law.

Who Has Access to Your Tax Records?

By law, the public does not have legal access to any individual’s tax return. Income tax records are both private and privileged information. Likewise, private investigators also cannot obtain this information. Only government agencies have the ability to obtain this information, but only by following specific protocol.

The taxing authorities within the state or at the federal level can have access to all income tax records. Additionally, the court system has the ability to order the release of any individual’s tax return data under specific circumstances. However, these are not public records, nor can they be made public, without the individual’s consent.

He has just admitted he broke the law. 

Also, anyone who leaks that info has broken the law.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 5

31 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

He CAN'T break the law! He's a stinking RAT and they NEVER break the law and if per chance they do the their water carrying LSM just sweep the mess under the rug. "Nothing to see here. move along"

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Then he is guilty of breaking the law.

Who Has Access to Your Tax Records?

By law, the public does not have legal access to any individual’s tax return. Income tax records are both private and privileged information. Likewise, private investigators also cannot obtain this information. Only government agencies have the ability to obtain this information, but only by following specific protocol.

The taxing authorities within the state or at the federal level can have access to all income tax records. Additionally, the court system has the ability to order the release of any individual’s tax return data under specific circumstances. However, these are not public records, nor can they be made public, without the individual’s consent.

Certainly sounds like he broke the law, as well as any leaker, if there truly was one.  Also, as I read in one of the other articles, Trump's taxes will remain private unless entered as evidence in a trial, should there be one.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

GO RV, then BV

So, O'Brien had access to private/confidential/privileged tax information months ago that was just released to the Grand Jury THIS WEEK and you're okay with that because he's going after Donald Trump.  OR, he has just made the entire thing up out of whole cloth to fit a narrative that you apparently think is true - without any evidence AT ALL. It's either one or the other.

• Pow! 8

Just now, TexasGranny said:

So, O'Brien had access to private/confidential/privileged tax information months ago that was just released to the Grand Jury THIS WEEK and you're okay with that because he's going after Donald Trump.  OR, he has just made the entire thing up out of whole cloth to fit a narrative that you apparently think is true - without any evidence AT ALL. It's either one or the other.

It's not about me....I simply responded to your first post, and to nstoolmans's as well.  I'm not okay with anybody breaking the law, political affiliation makes no difference. 

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

GO RV, then BV

Perhaps O'Brien is just pulling  "Schiff" and he hasn't seen anything....and has no real information...

I would think having access to another person's tax records, with out their permission, would be a crime.....   that's why I doubt O'Brien.....

Unless he's really stupid enough to want to be locked up.....

Logic....Common Sense ???

CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

33 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

I would think having access to another person's tax records, with out their permission, would be a crime.....   that's why I doubt O'Brien.....

Unless he's really stupid enough to want to be locked up.....

He's supposedly a journalist, so he doesn't have to reveal his sources, though a judge could hold him in contempt of court and stick him in the slammer until he breaks.  Otherwise, your assessment seems to be in lock step with the consensus of the group.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

He's supposedly a journalist, so he doesn't have to reveal his sources, though a judge could hold him in contempt of court and stick him in the slammer until he breaks.  Otherwise, your assessment seems to be in lock step with the consensus of the group.

GO RV, then BV

Lock step with the law!

CL

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3