Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Supreme Court Won't Halt Turnover Of Trump's Tax Records

Editorial: Trumped, finally: The Supreme Court says Trump can’t stop his accountant from complying with a grand jury subpoena

cfacca6d7c731a8692637174a6e78dc3

Daily News Editorial Board, New York Daily News
Tue, February 23, 2021, 1:10 PM

When District Attorney Cy Vance and the 23 Manhattanites comprising his grand jury probing the possible criminality of Donald Trump served a binding legal subpoena for his financial records, the documents should have been surrendered immediately. Instead, the standard legal demand ran up against an obstinate president asserting boundless executive power.

That was almost exactly 18 months ago. Trump, despite being president at the time, had no right to have his accounting firm, Mazars, withhold the returns and other files. But he tried, suing in federal court and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing and losing. Two fruitless trips up to the U.S. Supreme Court only delayed the inevitable, which was one of Trump’s goals.

On Monday the matter was settled, with a one-sentence denial by a high court Trump had helped remake with three of his own appointees. That the finality came down on George Washington’s birthday is fitting. No one, even a president, is above the law. And a grand jury is the law.

In Chief Justice John Roberts’ opening words last summer, he wrote: “In our judicial system, ‘the public has a right to every man’s evidence.’” And then the chief cited Thomas Jefferson, who complied with a grand jury call for evidence. Trump thought the rules that had applied to Jefferson didn’t cover him.

None of this means anyone outside Vance’s grand jury will see Trump’s long-hidden tax returns. That public airing will only happen if there are felony charges and the 1040s are entered into evidence. We’ll see how severe criminal allegations are, if any materialize. For years, Vance has had Trump’s New York state returns, which contain much of the same information. His continued pursuit of the federal papers points to a sound reason.

The happy expiration of Trump’s term of office has finally, formally stripped him of any immunity to prosecution he may have claimed. Now he’s just plain old Trump, naked before the law.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/editorial-trumped-finally-supreme-court-181000887.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

19 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Comey, Clapper and Clinton.....

Kind of catchy......The CCC....reminds me of the KKK....

That is catchy and very funny.  I would like to see those 3 hold up to the dissection that Trump has had to endure the last 5 years.   

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nobody is above the law, fr8dawg, Dems included.

If you truly believe that then start putting out some articles on Dems who need to be investigated.  You can start with the CCC 3.   There is enough criminal activity by those 3 to keep the DOJ busy for years. You can throw in Biden and Hunter too.  

4 hours ago, rw.sutton said:
On 2/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Shabs, please post your taxes, we all want to really see the True Shabs!

That is funny.  

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

1 minute ago, Pitcher said:

If you truly believe that then start putting out some articles on Dems who need to be investigated.  You can start with the CCC 3.   There is enough criminal activity by those 3 to keep the DOJ busy for years. You can throw in Biden and Hunter too.  

Notice how you never hold the Right's feet to the fire, only the Left's.....but you think I should be the even handed one?  Not to fret though....as you're clearly not alone on the Right in that hypocritical endeavor.  

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

I think any Republican that has broken the law should be held accountable. I have stated as much numerous times.  

Can you say the same thing?   If your answer is yes let’s start discussing the CCC3 and all the ways they have broken the Law.  And of course Biden too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

5 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I think any Republican that has broken the law should be held accountable. I have stated as much numerous times.  

Can you say the same thing?   If your answer is yes let’s start discussing the CCC3 and all the ways they have broken the Law.  And of course Biden too.  

I already said the same thing in this very thread....pretty much one of the reasons you chose to jump in.  That said, while we're discussing the 3 C's, we can discuss Trump too....in the spirit of fairness, and equal justice.

GO RV then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

That said, while we're discussing the 3 C's, we can discuss Trump too....in the spirit of fairness, and equal justice.

Sure why not.  😂 😆. I guess the last three years you haven’t discussed Trump at all.  😂 😆 😝 

• Haha 3
  • Pow! 2

6 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Sure why not.  😂 😆. I guess the last three years you haven’t discussed Trump at all.  😂 😆 😝 

Nor have you and most of the political forum occupants discussed the 3C's and all the rubbish that comes with them.  ;)  Heaven forbid the word "Texas" gets uttered, or the whole forum goes into a tailspin of anger.....In fact, I'll probably get in trouble for saying now.  :huh:  As always, just my opinion, not meant to offend, particularly anybody from the Lone Star state.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nor have you and most of the political forum occupants discussed the 3C's and all the rubbish that comes with them.  ;)

We haven’t discussed them near as much as you have trashed Trump.  

We get it, you hate Trump and anyone who supported him.  I don’t hate the CCC3, Biden or even you.   I would just like to see the same scrutiny that they pushed on Trump placed on them.  A Phony Russian Dossier and Spying on a President, why wasn’t that ever exposed in a Court of Law or Congress?  

I will I’ll tell you another thing, if you disappeared from this web site the board would probably rarely discuss Trump, Comey, Clapper or Hillarious,  We just don’t get paid enough to belabor the point.  We all know they are crooked and we all know they are getting a pass. (except Trump). 

I think a poster recently called you a cancer of this site.  That is a little harsh.  I think you like to argue the Dems side and I think you love to egg people on.  No, you may not be a cancer but you are full of hate for Trump.  That’s why people push back on you.  You enjoy stirring the pot and we enjoy it too are we wouldn’t even engage and enduldge in your TDS.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

7 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

We get it, you hate Trump and anyone who supported him.  I don’t hate the CCC3, Biden or even you.   I would just like to see the same scrutiny that they pushed on Trump placed on them.  A Phony Russian Dossier and Spying on a President, why wasn’t that ever exposed in a Court of Law or Congress?  

I will I’ll tell you another thing, if you disappeared from this web site the board would probably rarely discuss Trump, Comey, Clapper or Hillarious,  We just don’t get paid enough to belabor the point.  We all know they are crooked and we all know they are getting a pass. (except Trump). 

I think a poster recently called you a cancer of this site.  That is a little harsh.  I think you like to argue the Dems side and I think you love to egg people on.  No, you may not be a cancer but you are full of hate for Trump.  That’s why people push back on you.  You enjoy stirring the pot and we enjoy it too are we wouldn’t even engage and enduldge in your TDS.  

Perhaps....Most of you can't seem to keep the interaction civil though.  And no matter how many times you people say it, I really don't hate Trump.....I just hate to see good people duped by a lifelong grifter.  Obviously the vast majority of voters felt the same way.  

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

8 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Interestingly enough....when the GOP controlled everything, the executive, the legislative and the judicial branches, they couldn't seem to bring the people you mentioned to justice....Why is that?  Who knows, perhaps Durham will finally bring the justice you've all waited so long for.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

The sad part of all of this :bs: is they have NOT proven Jack Schitt against Trump. Maybe his taxes will. But they will go to the ends of the earth and back to trash Trump and investigate investigate, investigate lies, no mater the cost to the taxpayer or country. And yet, there is Mountains of evidence against the 3 Cs, Joke Biden & his coked up son and nobody with the authority to do anything gives 2 Schitts. You don't find that odd huh Shabs.?Oh well, you can lead a horse to water.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

they couldn't seem to bring the people you mentioned to justice....Why is that?

Perhaps because the Swamp is deeper than anyone imagined and consists of scumbags on both sides of the isle. I want this whole corrupt system cleaned up, the guilty are the ones who will police themselves and there in lies the problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

52 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

just hate to see good people duped by a lifelong grifter.  Obviously the vast majority of voters felt the same way.  

I just hate to see normal people get caught up in a McCarthy Era type of group think.  The Dems and many Reps are all saying the same thing and that makes me nervous for our Country.

Especially when Laws are broken and people like Pelosi say it’s ok.  It’s never ok to to break Laws to obtain a desired result.  You cannot justify a loss of the First Amendment Rights of an entire group of people because they supported or voted for Trump. Not when they gave BLM and Antifa a free ride.  Dems imo are pushing us to a Civil or Race War.  The Reps are complicit by not pushing back on the radical Left anti American  policies

Nobody is more a grifter than the Clintons or Biden’s.  They have peddled so much influence they should be set for 5 life times. 

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 4

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Interestingly enough....when the GOP controlled everything, the executive, the legislative and the judicial branches, they couldn't seem to bring the people you mentioned to justice....Why is that?  Who knows, perhaps Durham will finally bring the justice you've all waited so long for.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

Because it was the FBI , The DOJ and the Pelosi’s , Schumer and Schiffs covering for them.... as smart as you portray yourself to be, you don’t see any of the cover up ???

• Thanks 2
  • Pow! 3

14 hours ago, Shelley said:

Because it was the FBI , The DOJ and the Pelosi’s , Schumer and Schiffs covering for them.... as smart as you portray yourself to be, you don’t see any of the cover up ???

How is it the self proclaimed smartest business mogul, who only hires the "best people", managed to hire Wray and Barr to head the FBI and DOJ, respectively.....and they managed to keep their jobs through Trump's entire tenure, Barr, just a month short of that, if they were part of the problem, or failed to bring the results he and his base demanded?  Add to that 3 conservative justices added to tip the scales heavily in the SCOTUS....and yet Donald has lost at almost every turn.  How do you explain that, with Trump being so immensely superior in his hiring practices and judgment  of people?    

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

17 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

And no matter how many times you people say it, I really don't hate Trump.....I just hate to see good people duped by a lifelong grifter. 

Two things wrong with this one....

1.  You are obsessed in your hate of Trump....!

2.  You care so much about members here that in "your judgement" you have decided those who support Trump are being duped....

Apparently you hold yourself, and your beliefs, above others here......guess compared to you, everyone is uninformed, delusional,  stupid.....inferior????

Kind of demeaning don't you think?    CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

And this grifter thing you have going.....

Perhaps this is more pertinent today.....

President Biden.......the Racist Rapist......(at least according to his own VP)

Bla, Bla, Bla.......

Guess I could lead with that for Biden........that would be the righteous way.....(the Shabs method)......to go with....

Right?       CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

14 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

And this grifter thing you have going.....

Perhaps this is more pertinent today.....

President Biden.......the Racist Rapist......(at least according to his own VP)

Bla, Bla, Bla.......

Guess I could lead with that for Biden........that would be the righteous way.....(the Shabs method)......to go with....

Right?       CL

Hypocritical opinion from the "middle of the road"....twist and deflect.  Who'd Biden allegedly rape, by the way?....Are we to believe Biden's accuser but not the 2 dozen accusers of Trump?

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hypocritical opinion from the "middle of the road"....twist and deflect.  Who'd Biden allegedly rape, by the way?....Are we to believe Biden's accuser but not the 2 dozen accusers of Trump?

GO RV, then BV

If your saying our current V.P. is a liar she should be impeached, right?

You could at least acknowledge he is an accused rapist. 

He is of the party that says you must believe the accuser. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

How is it the self proclaimed smartest business mogul, who only hires the "best people", managed to hire Wray and Barr to head the FBI and DOJ, respectively.....and they managed to keep their jobs through Trump's entire tenure, Barr, just a month short of that, if they were part of the problem, or failed to bring the results he and his base demanded?  Add to that 3 conservative justices added to tip the scales heavily in the SCOTUS....and yet Donald has lost at almost every turn.  How do you explain that, with Trump being so immensely superior in his hiring practices and judgment  of people?    

GO RV, then BV

Barr and Durham did what they were supposed to do by exposing that Russia gate was a hoax , that the Trump campaign was spied on and that the dirty dossier was bought and paid for, so I don’t consider that a loss 

2 impeachment’s 0 convictions = No Loss . 
I truly believe that no other president could’ve handled all the investigations mud slinging , intrusions and all the lies the way Trump did , still getting great things done for all Americans 

Now anything that Trump put forth that was great for Americans , Biden and cohorts are doing away with .,, 

Americans will be the losers , when they try and do away any kind  Republicans , conservatives and independent minded people.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Two things wrong with this one....

1.  You are obsessed in your hate of Trump....!

2.  You care so much about members here that in "your judgement" you have decided those who support system" rel="">support Trump are being duped....

Apparently you hold yourself, and your beliefs, above others here......guess compared to you, everyone is uninformed, delusional,  stupid.....inferior????

Kind of demeaning don't you think?    CL

I have never said anyone on this site is delusional, stupid or inferior, not ever.......and I don't attempt to steal their opinions, or silence their voices either, as has been done to me.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Pow! 1

14 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

If your saying our current V.P. is a liar she should be impeached, right?

You could at least acknowledge he is an accused rapist. 

He is of the party that says you must believe the accuser. 

And yes, I do acknowledge President Biden is an accused rapist/sexual assaulter.

GO V, then BV

• Like 1