Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

2 minutes ago, TexasGranny said:

The liberal hate will be rampant with this news - if you want to see real evil - read the comments from dems celebrating his death.

:cowboy2:

Sadly, it happens from many engulfed deeply in opposing views.  Sad state of affairs, as the mortal death of a loved one, for those left behind is so final.  There were some pretty nasty things said about Bush the elder, and Sen. McCain when they passed as well, among others.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Sadly, it happens from many engulfed deeply in opposing views.  Sad state of affairs, as the mortal death of a loved one, for those left behind is so final.  There were some pretty nasty things said about Bush the elder, and Sen. McCain when they passed as well, among others.

GO RV, then BV

From your chosen news source.  I rest my case!

Huffpost.png

• Pow! 2

Just now, TexasGranny said:

From your chosen news source.  I rest my case!

Huffpost.png

Yeah that's awful.....I didn't realize we were debating though, or that you had a case to make.  Is this the point where I'm supposed to go out and find something nasty from a conservative site disrespecting RBG?....or can we just agree that the kind of nastiness displayed in the graphic you posted is not exclusive to one political ideology....and that the most important thing is the passing of Rush and how his family must feel?  Your call.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Yeah that's awful.....I didn't realize we were debating though, or that you had a case to make.  Is this the point where I'm supposed to go out and find something nasty from a conservative site disrespecting RBG?....or can we just agree that the kind of nastiness displayed in the graphic you posted is not exclusive to one political ideology....and that the most important thing is the passing of Rush and how his family must feel?  Your call.

GO RV, then BV

No Shabbs, this was the place where you were supposed to just let it go and feel sympathy for someone that worked a lifetime serving his nation as he saw best. Someone who rose to  heights in media that none other had  ever reached. Like him or not decency dictates that a gentleman would Pay his respects and forget about politics just this one time. Even if others wont. 

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 4

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

No Shabbs, this was the place where you were supposed to just let it go and feel sympathy for someone that worked a lifetime serving his nation as he saw best. Someone who rose to  heights in media that none other had  ever reached. Like him or not decency dictates that a gentleman would Pay his respects and forget about politics just this one time. Even if others wont. 

I agree completely and that is the path I chose from the onset of this thread, and this very sad time for Rush's family.  Again....RIP, Rush.  

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been at home for the whole week because of the brutal cold and snow. It just wasn't safe enough for driving. That is why I've been posting so much lately. 

HOWEVER, with this news I must ask for some time to myself in an effort to find my bearings. While I knew this day would come it didn't stop me from asking my Lord every day for a miracle. I have listened to and grown to love Rush as so many of his followers. I did not always agree with his point of view but I loved how he presented it. This man has become more a part of my life than most people will ever know. Suffice it to say that if I was on the phone with my wife and 11 o'clock rolled around she would say, "I guess I'll have to let you go so you can listen to your boyfriend". For more than 20 yrs Rush has been an intrigant  part of not only my life, but the lives of millions of Americans. 

I must get my head on right, otherwise I will say something that I will regret. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

RIP Rush.  :(

Thanks for the thought Shabs.... Love him or hate him people were astonished by his candor.....In a way it was refreshing....

Rush revolutionized talk radio and I recall numerous conversations with my more liberal friends wishing they had a voice, and force  that would rival his passion for his conservative beliefs....

We are all on the same team....Team America.....Rush was a player on that team.....he loved his country.....RIP

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

15 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Thanks for the thought Shabs.... Love him or hate him people were astonished by his candor.....In a way it was refreshing....

It's a sad day for Rush's family, and I'm sure for his millions of listeners also....I don't take death lightly, no matter who it is, as it's so final for those left behind.  I've seen on this very site people talk about stringing people up, and this person or that person deserves death and to burn in hell.  I simply don't view death like that.  Haters of Rush need to be kind, for it's the right thing to do.  Most of us were raised to know right from wrong, with respect to the dead.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1