Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

13 minutes ago, bigwave said:

1892 flat Earth map by Alexander Gleason -

American machinist and civil engineer

You did not say how he got it. I could draw something and without proof say it is accurate.

I did find this though:

https://flatearth.ws/gleason

Gleason Map

gleason.jpg

The so-called “Gleason Map” is an old map published in the 19th century. The author was a flat-Earther who claimed the map as the “flat Earth map.” In reality, the map is just a normal azimuthal equidistant map centered on the North Pole.

From the map’s patent, we know the author was aware and in full knowledge that the map was just a projection of the spherical Earth, contradictory to the claims in his book.

Gleason might have claimed that the map is the “flat-Earth map” but his explanation written in his patent for the map is contradictory:

“The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles.” —US Patent No. 497,917 by Alexander Gleason

From the registered patent, he never mentioned that the Earth is flat. On the contrary, he said that he made the map from a globe, which explains how a north-pole centered azimuthal equidistant map is designed.

References

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

12 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Flattening "flat" Earth errant assertions since the Beginning Of Creation.......

I’ve also noticed that flat-earthers generally don’t understand, and hence don’t engage in, rational arguments. Many flat-earthers use memes to make their case for flat earth on social media. Usually, they post these memes without comment, apparently thinking that the meme makes all the appropriate and necessary comments. Many of these memes contain misspellings and grammatical errors, which makes them difficult to follow sometimes. Most of the memes contain false information. These memes must pass around within flat-earth groups in social media where they receive zero scrutiny. When flat-earthers finally post the memes outside of the flat-earth echo chambers, they often are surprised by the sharp, and well deserved, criticism that they encounter. Yet, the firm believers of a flat earth are never deterred by this, because, as I pointed out before, flat-earthers have zero skepticism of flat-earth claims and impossibly high skepticism for any opposing positions.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/reflections-flat-earth-movement/

Well, NOW, we have seen plenty of flat-earther memes WITHOUT any comment today NOW haven't we.

THIS was noted earlier in THIS thread at the top of THIS page.

Proof POSITIVE.

"flat" Earth.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Yep.

WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.

WOWZERS!!!

@oopssteptinit awarded ME the coveted Red Ruby Citation as a Badge Of Honor for ME for “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power” for rightly and accurately noting @oopssteptinit’s “intellectual” “status”.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU @oopssteptinit!!!

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bigwave said:

image.thumb.png.29bee42b341c3504f66002a20516da4e.png

As most all can agree; Men are from Mars, Women, are’ from Venus...

In considering the newly discovered information presented in supporting a flat Earth argument. This should be a good opportunity for considering the proposal too, agree to disagree. 

In all, 105 pages of argument’s put forth we now have ample and clear evidence’s for concluding, Flat earth followers are from a flat earth— Globe earth followers are from a globe earth.

In the event that flat earth followers are not willing or able to concur, only’ lends others to conclude, flat earth followers argument is simply for the sake of argument and there is no general purpose, reasoning or conclusion behind said argument its simply futile.

Concluding: as Men are from Mars, Women, are’ from Venus— 

Globe earth followers are from a globe earth, flat earth followers are from flat earth.

; )

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, bigwave said:

1892 flat Earth map by Alexander Gleason -

American machinist and civil engineer

Your being played, toolman already had his response and only asked his original question to give him a chance to use it. 

15 minutes ago, Fly said:

In the event that flat earth followers are not willing or able to concur, only’ lends others to conclude, flat earth followers argument is simply for the sake of argument and there is no general purpose, reasoning or conclusion behind said argument its simply futile

I thought you gave an excellent response until this. 

As you stated, "105 pages of arguments put forth", showing clear evidence for both sides of the debate. 

Then you follow up with, " flat earth followers argument is simply for the sake of argument".🤔 

So which is it?

And for anyone actually wanting to know where the flat earth argument derives from,..... read the Bible. 

It's pretty clear about what God created. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

Your being played, toolman already had his response and only asked his original question to give him a chance to use it. 

I thought you gave an excellent response until this. 

As you stated, "105 pages of arguments put forth", showing clear evidence for both sides of the debate. 

Then you follow up with, " flat earth followers argument is simply for the sake of argument".🤔 

So which is it?

And for anyone actually wanting to know where the flat earth argument derives from,..... read the Bible. 

It's pretty clear about what God created. 

You already answered!

7 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

Your being played, toolman already had his response and only asked his original question to give him a chance

You give me far more credit than I deserve. My wife calls me a blunt instrument. A bull in a China closet. No finesse when it comes to answering a question when finesse is called for.

I asked where the map came from.

BW gave the name of the person.

I then said, BW did not say where it came from.

I took his name and googled it.

Then I put the info out there. 

I thought it was a legitimate question. How did we get the image of the flat earth map if no one has been high enough to see it. And if they did, where is the photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Flattening “flat” Earth errant assertions since The Beginning Of Creation…….

HOW, pray tell, can ANYONE say The Bible says or even infers the Earth is “flat”???!!!

The sun (and moon) rise AND set.

A readily observable physical phenomena repeated EVERY day.

For a Spherical (geoidal) Earth NOT a “flat” Earth.

The stars do NOT travel around THEE “South” “ice” “wall” at Mach 8.78+ as noted earlier.

”flat” Earth.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Yep.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Without ANT doubt.

Wait for it…….

Wait for it…….

Wait for it…….

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Red Ruby Meisters for according ME the coveted Red Ruby Citation(s) as Badges Of Honor For ME For “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power” for noting YOUR “intelligence” “status” AND Biblically “moral” “standing”!!!

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, nstoolman1 said:

Thought it was a legitimate question. How did we get the image of the flat earth map if no one has been high enough to see it. And if they did, where is the photo.

Forgoing ancient mapping techniques which were accurate enough to sail the oceans, the Bible gives a very accurate description that would have been used in the creation of said map.

• Confused 1

Continuing in all honesty and sincerity, the “flat” Earth “adherents” have chosen to be blinded by obvious facts and greatly misconfigure the statements from The Bible while taking the portions of The Bible completely out of context as a basis and pretext for “flat” Earth.

Obvious facts such as the rising and setting of the sun and moon proving the Earth is not “flat” are completely disregarded.

For “flat” Earth to be viable, the sun and moon would ALWAYS rise and set over the “south” “ice” “wall” while the sun and moon would rise and/or set simultaneously over the North Pole AND “south” “ice” “wall” along a line across the face of the “flat” Earth running from the “south” “ice” “wall” through the North Pole then to the “south” “ice” “wall”.

We NEVER see this.

”flat” Earth is OBVIOUSLY, of course, FALSE.

The notion the “flat” Earth sun and moon appear in the sky from the bottom up then disappear in the sky from the top down is ALWAYS opposite of what we see with the sun and moon appearing from the top down when rising and disappearing from the bottom up when setting.

”flat” Earth is OBVIOUSLY, of course, FALSE.

“flat” Earth “adherents” DENY THESE FACTS.

So, intervention is in order to divert and wrest the “flat” Earth “adherents” from the brain washed and brain dead “flat” Earth CULT.

I do not want to be right.

I want to be on the side of right.

I do not want to harm others.

I do not want others to harm themselves.

I do not want others to harm others.

I do not want to be harmed by others.

”flat” Earth is OBVIOUSLY a harmful CULT belief system that denies OBVIOUS realities and The Bible as The Bible states IN CONTEXT.

So, WHERE, pray tell, does “flat” Earth lead for “flat” Earth “adherents”???!!!

It is NOT good at ALL for themselves or others!!!

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Chapter, verse(s) please.

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 40:22

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Revelation 7:1

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Psalm 104:5

The ball earth theory clearly states that the earth is flying through a vacuum of nothing at nearly the speed of light 

The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 93:1

THIS WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE IF THE EARTH WERE A BALL 

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Matthew 4:8

AGAIN, IMPOSSIBLE ON A BALL EARTH 

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:7

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED THAT CREATED THE DOME ABOVE US. 

AND A FOUNDATION IS NEVER A BALL. 

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isaiah 48:13

A FOOTSTOOL WOULD HAVE FOUR LEGS 

for the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and he hath set the world upon them.

1 Samuel 2:8

THESE ARE JUST A FEW. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say that to believe this earth is a ball is to express a lack of understanding of the Word of God. 

Remember, as I've explained to you before this acceptance of the shape of the earth has nothing to do with one's salvation. It is simply an acceptance of God's written word. As it is written. And it's my Personal belief that full acceptance of God's word brings with it GREATER BLESSINGS. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Revelation 7:1

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Psalm 104:5

The ball earth theory clearly states that the earth is flying through a vacuum of nothing at nearly the speed of light 

The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 93:1

THIS WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE IF THE EARTH WERE A BALL 

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Matthew 4:8

AGAIN, IMPOSSIBLE ON A BALL EARTH 

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:7

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED THAT CREATED THE DOME ABOVE US. 

AND A FOUNDATION IS NEVER A BALL. 

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isaiah 48:13

A FOOTSTOOL WOULD HAVE FOUR LEGS 

for the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and he hath set the world upon them.

1 Samuel 2:8

THESE ARE JUST A FEW. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say that to believe this earth is a ball is to express a lack of understanding of the Word of God. 

Remember, as I've explained to you before this acceptance of the shape of the earth has nothing to do with one's salvation. It is simply an acceptance of God's written word. As it is written. And it's my Personal belief that full acceptance of God's word brings with it GREATER BLESSINGS. 

I don’t think it’s a lack of understanding, it’s a question of interpretation. You are taking the Bible literally word for word. Other believe in the word of God just as much as you do that don’t take it literally. 
According to your interpretation the earth is not only flat but a square. “I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth”

Look at exodus 21-7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.

so can I sell my daughter, And my Son?

exodus 35-2 Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

So can I kill you if I catch you mowing your lawn on Sunday?

I could go on and on but everyone gets the point. Because people don’t take the Bible literally does not mean the don’t believe in the word of God. Or try and practice his teachings. 

Edited by caddieman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

According to your interpretation the earth is not only flat but a square. “I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth”

EXACTLY.  

The earth is God's "Footstool" which usually is square in shape. 

So explain this verse,  

11 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth

Simply put we live in a completely enclosed environment surrounded by water. Which is sitting in the center of a design resembling a Footstool complete with 4 legs described as "the 4 PILLARS" of God.

Thus " he sits on the circle of the earth and looks down upon men as grasshoppers ".

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

Because people don’t take the Bible literally does not mean the don’t believe in the word of God

Believe me,  I never meant to imply otherwise. 

It's not just about interpreting God's word literally. I've seen nothing whatsoever to even suggest a heliocentric view of the earth in the Bible. 

Therefore, given the lack of any kind of "other" interpretive description of the earth in God's word I'm compelled to believe that God intended us to BELIEVE the description as stated. 

However, I can almost GUARANTEE you that not understanding this mystery of God will in no way cause anyone who truly believes that Jesus is Lord and is Baptized to loose their salvation. 

• Upvote 1