Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is really very simple, to deny the earth is God's Footstool is either a matter of choice or ignorance of the word of God. In any case one creates a choice that will reverberate throughout eternity. 

EITHER THE WORD OF GOD IS TRUE, OR IT'S A LIE. 

IT CANNOT BE BOTH. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, bigwave said:

How come over that last 3,000 years have sailors used the NorthStar as a reference? In  fact all

navy ships still rely on the NorthStar as a back up - just like in the olden days? 

Taking turns as the North Star

A motion of Earth called precession causes our axis to trace out an imaginary circle on the celestial sphere every 26,000 years. Thousands of years ago, when the pyramids were rising from the sands of ancient Egypt, the North Star was an inconspicuous star called Thuban in the constellation Draco the Dragon. Twelve thousand years from now, the blue-white star Vega in the constellation Lyra will be a much brighter North Star than our current Polaris.

Polaris could be a name for any North Star. Our current Polaris used to be called Phoenice. It is the 49th brightest star in the sky. It is not known for its brightness, but for its unique position in the sky.

https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/north-star-movement/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, bigwave said:

This, I feel, is absolutely false as we are stationary.

Keep posting to DEMONSTRATE the ABSOLUTE ABSURDITY of "flat" Earth "mentalities" THAT DEFY actual reality like gravity AND physically verifiable phenomena to PROVE a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth NOT a "flat" Earth.

So, @bigwave, affirm OR deny the statements POSITED EARLIER:

On 6/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, Synopsis said:

So, @bigwave, utilize YOUR "free" "speech" to PERSONALLY affirm OR deny the sun AND moon rises in the East AND sets in the West below nominally 66◘30' N AND above nominally 66◘30'S.

Furthermore, @bigwave, utilize YOUR "free" "speech" to PERSONALLY affirm OR deny the sun AND moon appear from the top down during their respective rising AND disappear from their bottom up during their respective setting.

21 hours ago, bigwave said:

nasa says we are spinning like a top at 1000 miles per hour, leaping around the sun at 66600 miles an hour, and the milkyway spiral arm is expanding at nearly 500000 miles per hour and that the whole universe is expanding at 2 million miles per hour.

The Earth's diameter at the Equator is about 12,756 kilometers (7,926 miles). At the poles, the diameter is about 12,714 kilometers (7,900 miles). The Earth's equatorial bulge is about 43 kilometers (27 miles).

So, WHAT, pray tell???!!!

The tangential velocity of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth IS:

7,926 miles x PI / 24 hr = 1,037.51 miles/hr AT A CONSTANT ROTATIONAL VELOCITY AT THE EQUATOR.

At the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth's North AND South Poles, the tangential velocity is ZERO.

94.502 million mi

image.jpeg.5b383c27bd892e52e64680518fa9ba28.jpeg
As noted earlier, Earth's average distance to the Sun is about 93 million miles (150 million kilometers)

For the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth ROTATING AROUND THE Sun:

94,502,000 miles x 2 x PI / 8,760 hrs/yr = 67,782 miles/hr WITH A DISTANCE VARIATION OF NOMINALLY +/-1% DUE TO A MINOR ELLIPTICAL ORBIT AT A CONSTANT VELOCITY.

CONSTANT VELOCITY = 0 ACCELERATION

Basic Physics ACCURATELY notes objects traveling at a constant velocity (rotational, translational, OR otherwise) do NOT experience a change in momentum relative to the object of contact.

22 hours ago, bigwave said:

If we are spinning around like a top and expanding like nasa say -

Why do we see the north star every clear night?

How come over that last 3,000 years have sailors used the NorthStar as a reference? In  fact all

navy ships still rely on the NorthStar as a back up - just like in the olden days? 

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Do YOU, @bigwave, see how STUPID THIS STATEMENT IS OF YOUR OWN VOLITION???!!!

I had stated earlier I have been to South Africa AND Botswana. THE NORTH STAR IS NOT VISIBLE FROM THESE SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth's LATITUDES.

THEE SOUTHERN CROSS IS VISIBLE FROM South Africa AND Botswana NOT THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE OF THEE SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth!!!

Polaris (the North Star) is visible for navigation of land, marine, AND air craft in THEE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE AND SEASONALLY FOR LOCATIONS SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF THEE SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth Equator DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF NIGHT AND SEASON!!!

Due to Europe AND much of the habitable land masses with the associated maritime trade being in the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth NORTHERN HEMISPHERE, navigation could be made from Polaris NOT A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.

All in all, THESE STUPID AND COMPLETELY FALSE "statements" OF THEE "flat" Earth "proponents" MUST BE SHOWN FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE - Biblical HERESY AND PATENT LIES.

THEE "flat" Earth FALSE TEACHING AND HERESY:

• Must NEVER be associated with the Bible since it is an ABSOLUTE LIE.
  • Must NEVER be mentioned in Churches EXCEPT as LIES.
  • Must NEVER be mentioned to children EXCEPT as LIES.
  • Must NEVER be taught in Churches as a viable explanation of the shape of the Earth since the Earth is verifiably SPHERICAL (geoidal).
  • Must NEVER be mentioned to non born again believers in God The Son Jesus Christ as a Biblical view since "flat" Earth IS A LIE.

"flat" Earth.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This is really very simple, to deny the earth is God's Footstool is either a matter of choice or ignorance of the word of God. In any case one creates a choice that will reverberate throughout eternity. 

EITHER THE WORD OF GOD IS TRUE, OR IT'S A LIE. 

IT CANNOT BE BOTH. 

Here by YOUR OWN words, @ladyGrace'sDaddy, YOU demonstrate "flat" Earth is a LIE AND ARE DELIBERATELY IGNORANT OF The Bible.

NOWHERE DOES The Bible STATE THE Earth IS "flat".

Job 26:6-11

New English Translation

6 The underworld[a] is naked before God;[b]
the place of destruction lies uncovered.[c]
7 He spreads out the northern skies[d] over empty space;[e]
he suspends the earth on nothing.[f]
8 He locks the waters in his clouds,
and the clouds do not burst with the weight of them.
9 He conceals[g] the face of the full moon,[h]
shrouding it with his clouds.
10 He marks out the horizon[i] on the surface of the waters
as a boundary between light and darkness.
11 The pillars[j] of the heavens tremble
and are amazed at his rebuke.[k]

Read full chapter

Footnotes

Job 26:6 tn Heb “Sheol.”

Job 26:6 tn Heb “before him.”

Job 26:6 tn The line has “and there is no covering for destruction.” “Destruction” here is another name for Sheol: אֲבַדּוֹן (ʾavaddon, “Abaddon”).

Job 26:7 sn The Hebrew word is צָפוֹן (tsafon). Some see here a reference to Mount Zaphon of the Ugaritic texts, the mountain that Baal made his home. The Hebrew writers often equate and contrast Mount Zion with this proud mountain of the north. Of course, the word just means north, and so in addition to any connotations for pagan mythology, it may just represent the northern skies—the stars. Since the parallel line speaks of the earth, that is probably all that was intended in this particular context.

Job 26:7 sn There is an allusion to the creation account, for this word is תֹּהוּ (tohu), translated “without form” in Gen 1:2.

Job 26:7 sn Buttenwieser suggests that Job had outgrown the idea of the earth on pillars, and was beginning to see it was suspended in space. But in v. 11 he will still refer to the pillars.

Job 26:9 tn The verb means “to hold; to seize,” here in the sense of shutting up, enshrouding, or concealing.

Job 26:9 tc The MT has כִסֵּה (khisseh), which is a problematic vocalization. Most certainly כֵּסֶה (keseh), alternative for כֶּסֶא (keseʾ, “full moon”) is intended here. The MT is close to the form of “throne,” which would be כִּסֵּא (kisseʾ, cf. NLT “he shrouds his throne with his clouds”). But here God is covering the face of the moon by hiding it behind clouds.

Job 26:10 tn The expression חֹק־חָג (khoq khag) means “he has drawn a limit as a circle.” According to some the form should have been חָק־חוּג (khaq khug, “He has traced a circle”). But others argues that the text is acceptable as is, and can be interpreted as “a limit he has circled.” The Hebrew verbal roots are חָקַק (khaqaq, “to engrave; to sketch out; to trace”) and חוּג (khug, “describe a circle”) respectively.

Job 26:11 sn H. H. Rowley (Job [NCBC], 173) says these are the great mountains, perceived to hold up the sky.

Job 26:11 sn The idea here is that when the earth quakes, or when there is thunder in the heavens, these all represent God’s rebuke, for they create terror.

Verse 7 notes the earth hangs over NOTHING.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

It took a little time to find it.

This 6 minute video sums it up pretty good.

In other words you believe in evaluation and I believe in creation.

WHAT A STUPID VIDEO.

THEE Earth was created SPHERICAL (geoidal) NOT "flat".

"flat" Earth.

"flat" Earth IS INCREDIBLY STUPID!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigwave said:

image.png.251e8ae288a3338d74fb5bae23afc5a0.png

John Calvin did not know much of ANYTHING. I grew up in a Reformed Church and was taught Calvinist teachings.

As I matured in God The Son Jesus Christ, I realized the ONLY teacher is God The Holy Spirit NOT any "extra" Biblical prolific babblings like Calvinism about the Bible OR Reality.

God The Holy Spirit reveals the TRUTH of Scripture NOT some "man" writing about the TRUTH of the Bible.

John 14:15-31

New International Version

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.

Any tools HE uses MUST be kept in PROPER perspective and NOT confused with the DIVINE CRAFTSMAN!!!

Matthew 24:35

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

I'll stick with HIS words. ALL else will burn away.

1 Corinthians 3:12-14

12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.

Matthew 7:24-26

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

Yeah, what JESUS said NOT man.

Just now, bigwave said:

As the ol' saying goes: "You see yourself in others."

Hmmmmm...................

So, YOU, @bigwave, LIE about the Earth being "flat" THEN babble prolifically about nonsensical "flat" Earth idiocy???!!!

So, @bigwave, affirm OR deny the statements POSITED EARLIER:

On 6/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, Synopsis said:

So, @bigwave, utilize YOUR "free" "speech" to PERSONALLY affirm OR deny the sun AND moon rises in the East AND sets in the West below nominally 66◘30' N AND above nominally 66◘30'S.

Expand  

On 6/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, Synopsis said:

Furthermore, @bigwave, utilize YOUR "free" "speech" to PERSONALLY affirm OR deny the sun AND moon appear from the top down during their respective rising AND disappear from their bottom up during their respective setting.

Expand  

image.jpeg.fe5501cdf5c4a9ad7a3f716263c2ad24.jpeg
When Galileo pointed his telescope into the night sky in 1610, he saw for the first time in human history that moons orbited Jupiter. If Aristotle were right about all things orbiting Earth, then these moons could not exist. Galileo also observed the phases of Venus, which proved that the planet orbits the Sun.Jul 7, 2009

Yes, as STUPID as YOUR, @bigwave, "flat" Earth free speech is, one can misappropriate the opportunity like YOU, @bigwavedo, to utilize free speech to promote deception and to advance one's "cause" to the detriment of others.

[1Co 4:16-21 NASB20] 16 Therefore I urge you, be imitators of me. 17 For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, and he will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, just as I teach everywhere in every church. 18 Now some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I shall find out, not the words of those who are arrogant, but their power. 20 For the kingdom of God is not in words, but in power. 21 What do you desire? That I come to you with a rod, or with love and a spirit of gentleness?

• Thanks 1

Please, @Markinsaand other mods, appeal to Adam to put a cease and desist on flat earth discussion.  I believe that there is almost as much discussion about this as dinar.  It is glaringly obvious that no opinions are being changed, and I bet there are other websites where this debate can be taken.

And, in the words of Hilarious,  "what difference does it make?".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fed Chairman blames inflation on the Unvaccinated…

Posted by Kane on June 30, 2022 11:58 pm

“What did we get wrong? — Believing everyone would get vaccinated and the millions of people who dropped out of the labor force would come back and the wages wouldn’t be under such pressure.”