Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

40 minutes ago, bigwave said:

image.png.4327d2f93084936f805b6ce53c991139.png

Search NASA.gov
Jul 7

Not-Unsolved Mysteries: The “Lost” Apollo 11 Tapes

With the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing approaching, reports have resurfaced that NASA lost some precious video footage of that first moonwalk.

Before diving into the details of two distinct events that seem to have become conflated, it’s worth emphasizing three key points:

• NASA searched for but could not locate some of the original Apollo 11 data tapes – “original” in the sense that they directly recorded data transmitted from the Moon. An intensive search of archives and records concluded that the most likely scenario was that the program managers determined there was no longer a need to keep the tapes — since all the video and data were recorded elsewhere — and they were erased and reused.
  • The data on those tapes, including video data, were relayed to the Manned Spacecraft Center (now the Johnson Space Center), during the mission. The video was recorded there and in other locations; there is no missing video footage from the Apollo 11 moonwalk.
  • The search discovered high-quality broadcast versions of the footage. NASA worked with Lowry Digital, a premier film restoration company, to process the video using techniques unavailable in 1969. The restored video was released in HD as part of the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11.

Further explanation means diving into the details of how Apollo sent data back to Earth and how NASA collected it.

Data from the Apollo 11 mission were sent from the spacecraft to three ground stations, one in California and two in Australia, which retransmitted it to the Manned Space Flight Center in Houston. The ground stations also recorded the data on special 1-inch, 14-track tapes, one track of which was for video. The video footage was recorded in "slow scan" — 10 video frames per second — which meant it couldn't be directly broadcast over commercial television. The video was converted for broadcast and uplinked to a satellite, then downlinked to Houston, from which it was sent out to the world.

In early 2005, responding to inquiries from NASA retirees and others, NASA began a search for the 14-track data tapes. Ultimately, the agency couldn’t find the tapes and determined that they had most likely been erased and used again, which was standard practice at the time. The search, led by NASA engineer **** Nafzger, focused on finding the specific tapes, knowing the data had all been recorded and saved elsewhere.

"There was no video that came down slow scan that was not converted live, fed live, to Houston and fed live to the world," Nafzger said at press conference showing some of the restored footage in 2009. "So, just in case anyone thinks there is video out there that hasn’t been seen, that is not the case." 

During the search, though, Nafzger's team came across video that had been converted to broadcast which was much higher quality than what they had been seeing. 

“The team of people that I worked with, including myself obviously, was desperate to do something for history, if we could," said Nafzger. "We came across broadcast-converted tapes during this search that were much better than we had seen. . . . We had tapes recorded in Sydney, Australia, during the mission. (We) found kinescopes at the National Archives that had not been viewed in 36 years that were made in Houston. We went to CBS archives and we found tapes that had been fed directly from Houston to CBS . .. . the raw data as recorded and archived.”

Working with a California company, NASA restored portions of the video and enhanced it for viewing in high definition and released the HD Apollo 11 videos in July 2009.

In 2019, a one-time NASA intern is selling what he describes as videotapes of the Apollo 11 moonwalk that he bought at an auction of surplus government goods. If the tapes are as described in the sale material, they are 2-inch videotapes recorded in Houston from the video that had been converted to a format that could be broadcast over commercial television and contain no material that hasn't been preserved at NASA.

Last Updated: Jul 10, 2019
Editor: Brian Dunbar
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

8 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

reports have resurfaced that NASA lost some precious video footage of that first moonwalk.

Too Funny

I just wonder how the real to real tape survived the temperatures:

When illuminated by the sun, the surface of the moon can reach up to 127 degrees Celsius (260 Fahrenheit). When the illuminated side moves into darkness, the temperature falls significantly. Since the sun no longer heats the surface, the moon’s surface can drop to -232 Celsius (-387 F).

• Pow! 1

6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Too Funny

I just wonder how the real to real tape survived the temperatures:

When illuminated by the sun, the surface of the moon can reach up to 127 degrees Celsius (260 Fahrenheit). When the illuminated side moves into darkness, the temperature falls significantly. Since the sun no longer heats the surface, the moon’s surface can drop to -232 Celsius (-387 F).

Reel to reel tapes weren't on the Moon or in space. Data was sent to Earth by radio signal and stored on Earth.  

If you had read the post you would have seen this: 

"they are 2-inch videotapes recorded in Houston from the video that had been converted to a format that could be broadcast over commercial television and contain no material that hasn't been preserved at NASA."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Okay, here is a clear picture from the moon. Clearly marked 11-40-5926.

How come the 10,000 pound thruster did not kick up any "moon dust?"

We clearly see foot prints in the in the back ground, so we know the dust is of fine powder / dust.

My philosophy is that when you catch nasa in a lie or two, or three, the whole narrative must be suspected as fraud.

Why would nase have to lie at all if it was so true?

Again, just a rhetorical question

image.png.cd74be08d986e114822da5ce6cce2fac.png

• Pow! 2

11 hours ago, bigwave said:

How about "Professor Dave's" qualifications to bad mouth flat earth(ers)?

Hmmm………..

Another nuisance post by @bigwave

THEE ONLY “flat” “earth(ers)”BAD MOUTHING is from THEE “flat” “earth(ers)” THEMSELVES SPEWING FLAT EARTH STUPIDITY!!!

The “flat” “earth” “propaganda” is deep, wide, and of infinite breadth for THEE “flat” “earthers” STUCK IN “it”.

It is OBVIOUS MULTIPLE INDEPENDENT SOURCES have provided more than ample evidence to show WITHOUT A DOUBT the Earth is Spherical (geoidal) in shape NOT FLAT.

The ONLY “conspiracy” is THEE CONSPIRACY OF A “flat” “earth”.

THEE “flat” “earthers” ARE SELF DECEIVED AND WISH TO DECEIVE OTHERS TO BE “accepted” AS “intelligent”.

Flat Earth IS REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!!

Flat Earth.

:facepalm3:  :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

• Thanks 3

So, the Red Rubymeister has yet, again, accorded ME with THEE Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Red Rubymeister!!!

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

Hey, Red Rubymeister, as long as YOU are according ME with THEE Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" then, please (OH, PLEASE!!!) accord ME with YET ANOTHER Badge Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" for THIS POST!!!

WHAT, pray tell, is errant about Answers In Genesis???!!!

WHY, pray tell, "conflict" with Answers In Genesis honest and grounded bases that EXPOSE AND DEMONSTRATE THEE "flat" "earth" AS LUDICROUS???!!!

I quoted what Answers In Genesis posted and YOU, Red Rubymeister, are embolden to accord ME with Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"???!!!

Wuhsa matter, Red Rubymeister???!!!

No more ability to promote THEE FALSE DOCTRINE of "flat" "earth"???!!!

After ALL, Global Positioning Satellites DO NOT EXIST IN A "flat" "earth" "model".

Man Made Global Positioning Satellites DO, of course, EXIST AND ARE USED FREQUENTLY AND REGULARLY!!!

AND "flat" "earth" EMPHASIZES THEE SUN DOES NOT RISE AND SET (while ANYONE can see the sun rising and setting with REGULAR OCCURANCES)!!!

THEE 'flat" "earth" EMPHASIZES THEE SUN "appears" AND "disappears" IN THEE SKY DAILY!!!

Which, of course, THEE SUN DOES NOT "appear" AND "disappear" IN THEE SKY DAILY!!!

Flat Earth.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Flat Earth IS REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!!

Simple investigations and examinations PROVE CONCLUSIVELY AND INDEPENDENTLY BY HONEST OBSERVERS THE EARTH IS SPHERICAL (geoidal) IN SHAPE, GRAVITY IS REAL, AND "flat" "earth" IS A FALSE DOCTRINE!!!

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Bigwave under attack by Synopsis………..get your popcorn ready!………this going to be epic!

Promote that discord on DV....perfect example of what I have illustrated is allowed by 2 members on this site.....

What would be "epic" is to remove the agitators...

JMO......CL

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 3

12 hours ago, bigwave said:

Okay, here is a clear picture from the moon. Clearly marked 11-40-5926.

How come the 10,000 pound thruster did not kick up any "moon dust?"

We clearly see foot prints in the in the back ground, so we know the dust is of fine powder / dust.

My philosophy is that when you catch nasa in a lie or two, or three, the whole narrative must be suspected as fraud.

Why would nase have to lie at all if it was so true?

Again, just a rhetorical question

image.png.cd74be08d986e114822da5ce6cce2fac.png

Is it too late take the "rhetorical question" remark out?

Why  would nasa gives us the above picture?

So clean and shinny after a 10,000 pound thruster just blasted the area.

• Pow! 1

22 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Makes sense to me. Look at the landing pad. You see the grey part of the pad?

Part of the protective covering is gone. The downward thrust goes down and out taking the dust out with it. When the engine is shut off, the low gravity allows the dust to continue to drift out and settle further out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, caddieman said:

Bigwave under attack by Synopsis………..get your popcorn ready!………this going to be epic!

Not epic, just sad. Sad that certain people don't know how to see themselves, much less the moon. Sad that their incapable of presenting their own dissertation using their own words but only resort to copy and paste of Propaganda. Sad that one resorts to using LARGE font (which is seen as yelling) throughout an entire post believing that doing so is helping their case. 

11 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Promote that discord on DV....perfect example of what I have illustrated is allowed by 2 members on this site.....

JMO......CL

I see only one "agitator" as described above. And believe me he will most likely get Moderated again if he continues down this path. 

9 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Makes sense to me. Look at the landing pad. You see the grey part of the pad?

Part of the protective covering is gone. The downward thrust goes down and out taking the dust out with it. When the engine is shut off, the low gravity allows the dust to continue to drift out and settle further out. 

I work with concrete every day and have for years. Believe me nothing creates more dust. And I can guarantee you that what you describe is not how dust behaves. It takes extremely little to stir up dust and once done, dust will settle everywhere. The thing that amazed me the most was how a company would spend $140 thousand dollars on a truck and simply not be concerned about how the dust destroys its value. 

But when you consider that the company makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year selling DIRT, I guess it makes sense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

I was at my church last night. I asked my (a) Pastor there if he had any interactions with people who believe in a flat earth. He said, “Yes”. He then noted they “truly” “believe” the earth is flat, “believe” the Bible says the earth is flat, and they “believe” NASA is promoting a conspiracy we had put men on the moon and brought them back.

Well, at least flat earth “believers” are “consistent”.

Consistently wrong, of course.

He then went on about how a friend of his is an international airline pilot who explained to another acquaintance that flat earth is impossible based on simple navigational distances that are impossible on a flat earth but could only be possible on a spherical earth.

We also talked about Answers In Genesis about how grounded Answers In Genesis is in regard to Biblical references and scientific explanations.

Answers In Genesis, of course, independently provides real assessments for why flat earth is not a reality.

So what is at stake?

Flat earth is a mental disorder that gets progressively worse with time and intends to spread and infect others with senseless and baseless perspectives that deny independently verifiable physical conditions to conclusively indicate the earth is spherical (geoidal) in shape. Intervention is mission critical and necessarily compassionate to segregate the faithful from their flat earth mental disorder.

Flat earth is a false doctrine. Non believers (not born again) have grounds to be critical of the Bible and born again believers since self proclaimed Bible believers and self proclaimed born again profess the earth is flat when the non believers (not born again) know conclusively due to actual physical principles the earth is spherical (geoidal) in shape.

So what is the result?

Persecution of believers (born again).

Due to the brutish perception of believers (born again) regarding worth and value, the believers (born again) will in varying regards be stripped of rights and voice in personal and societal affairs subsequently being subjected to hardships or dire physical experiences. Partially due to the flat earth false doctrine.

All the while the Truth of the Bible and the Power Of The Gospel is disregarded by non believers (not born again) because the flat earth “adherents” falsely advocate their “belief” the earth is flat and The Bible says so. So the non believers (not born again) dismiss the Bible and the Power Of The Gospel.

God does not lie.

God does not tell people the earth is flat.

The Bible does not say the earth is flat.

Hebrews 6:17-20

New International Version

17 Because God wanted to make the unchangingnature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priestforever, in the order of Melchizedek.

I can not agree to flat earth practice intervention as being in any way abusive.

After all, flat earth “adherents” bad mouth and abuse themselves and others who present honest and physically verifiable independent information to show the earth is physically spherical (geoidal) in shape, the Bible does not say the earth is flat, and man has actually gone to the moon and back to live and tell about it.

To support flat earther self abuse and the abuse of others is unconscionable.

10 hours ago, bigwave said:

You realize it's IMPOSSIBLE to carry on a conversation with someone who actually believes you are suffering from a severe mental disorder, right? 

Again, Sad that someone believes they are qualified to make such a diagnosis with just the evidence of a few words typed into a computer. Sad that someone is incapable of seeing what that says about them. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I see only one "agitator" as described above. And believe me he will most likely get Moderated again if he continues down this path. 

Interesting how you note you’ll be put on Moderator review for your behaviors.

Personally, it is not something I would do while a necessary thing to give you pause to the senseless and baseless promotion of a flat earth for the reasons I did not copy and and paste above from an external source(s) (except for the one Biblical reference).

I can not imagine DinarVets would support or promote readily identifiable false pretenses such as a flat earth.

Flat earth type mentalities or support of flat earth mentalities do have far reaching detriment on a variety of different things DinaVets seeks to provide for paid participants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You realize it's IMPOSSIBLE to carry on a conversation with someone who actually believes you are suffering from a severe mental disorder, right? 

Again, Sad that someone believes they are qualified to make such a diagnosis with just the evidence of a few words typed into a computer. Sad that someone is incapable of seeing what that says about them. 

Well, OK, could you explain how your statement above could in any way be valid since you primate a flat earth that does not exist for numerous independently provided and actual reasons anyone can investigate for themselves to show the earth is spherical (geoidal) in shape?

The rising and the setting of the sun, for example, that only occurs with a spherical (geoidal) shaped earth that is impossible with a flat earth.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Synopsis said:

Well, OK, could you explain how your statement above could in any way be valid since you promote a flat earth that does not exist for numerous independently provided and actual reasons anyone can investigate for themselves to show the earth is spherical (geoidal) in shape?

The rising and the setting of the sun, for example, that only occurs with a spherical (geoidal) shaped earth that is impossible with a flat earth.

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I work with concrete every day and have for years. Believe me nothing creates more dust. And I can guarantee you that what you describe is not how dust behaves. It takes extremely little to stir up dust and once done, dust will settle everywhere. The thing that amazed me the most was how a company would spend $140 thousand dollars on a truck and simply not be concerned about how the dust destroys its value. 

But when you consider that the company makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year selling DIRT, I guess it makes sense. 

Thanks LGD.

I work right next to a rock place that does large rock, to road base and on to cement. It is dusty around here.

I wanted to give you a image.png.421f322d1b8191dccd217adcab630433.png but I gave you the image.png.3e27d54350bb8d72b85d1f91100f1063.png so with this post you get the 2 up-votes. LOLOL

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Interesting how you note you’ll be put on Moderator review for your behaviors.

Personally, it is not something I would do while a necessary thing to give you pause to the senseless and baseless promotion of a flat earth for the reasons I did not copy and and paste above from an external source(s) (except for the one Biblical reference).

I can not imagine DinarVets would support system" rel="">support or promote readily identifiable false pretenses such as a flat earth.

Flat earth type mentalities or support system" rel="">support of flat earth mentalities do have far reaching detriment on a variety of different things DinaVets seeks to provide for paid participants.

First of all I've repeatedly asked you to not respond to me. Please refrain from doing so.  

Second, the subject of my cosmic beliefs was brought up when I was considered for the Moderator position. The General consensus was no one truly will know until they take the "dirt nap".

Therefore, it was deemed that I could Moderate as the guidelines of Dinar Vets specifically promote the dissemination of free and open thoughts. However,  a certain level of respect for others with differing views is expected. Something you need to apply in your discourse.

You should already be under Moderator review for saying that certain members suffer from mental illness.  Consider this your last warning. 

• Downvote 2

Seems EVERYONE has opinions these days, so I'll chime in.  Not about flat earth 'cause I don't care.  But, I absolutely hate beating a dead horse. 

@Synopsis, I used to have great respect for you.  Your posts were informative and appreciated.  But, then you seemingly fell in love with being a wordsmith,  and I honestly couldn't stomach it.  Now, you seem to relish debate and conflict, and that has become your main focus on DV.  Truly sad.

@ladyGrace'sDaddy, you and I have butted heads several times and have probably blocked each other more than once.  I obviously don't agree with you on some things, but I see your heart.  You have a desire to help people, and that is what drives you.  You have knee-jerk reactions at times, but you have dealt with alot in your life.  I have learned that sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on.

Can we please put flat earth to rest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

@ladyGrace'sDaddy, you and I have butted heads several times and have probably blocked each other more than once.  I obviously don't agree with you on some things, but I see your heart.  You have a desire to help people, and that is what drives you.  You have knee-jerk reactions at times, but you have dealt with alot in your life.  I have learned that sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on.

I very much appreciate your comments. 

I try to live my life by standard beliefs. One of them being never think I know everything. Doing so cuts off emotional growth and causes one to stagnate. My wife constantly reminds me about what "the old Scotty" used to do. Saying it's hard to keep up with all my ever changing ways. 

I just tell her that's the best compliment because it shows the Holy Spirit working in me. God always wants us to change for the better. Bless you Sister, and know that while I've been upset with you at times, I've never put you on block. You're a child of God. And the one thing that DV has taught me most is to respect and be tolerant of all people. 

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Okay I'll change the subject:

image.png.e9a2b173ed8afd56039ee404a2b63385.png

LOLOL

ROTFLMBO

Talk about Nothing you see here is real :lmao: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

JMO......CL

Lighten you Francis…….it’s a joke. You don’t let an opportunity to pass to take a dig at people you dislike. No matter what they post or a neg given. 

#aesthetic #freetoedit #mirror

• Haha 1