Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

20 hours ago, bigwave said:

God said that the earth is immovable....

Hmmmm..............

So, how does the "flat" "earth" model SUDDENLY become "immovable" WITHOUT gravity AND "accelerating" "upwards" AT "nominally" 32.174 ft/s2???!!!

Hmmmm..............

2 Bible results for “immovable” from 
New International Version.
 Results 1-2. 
  1. The folds of its flesh are tightly joined; they are firm and immovable.
  2. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.
1 Bible results for “immovable” from 
New English Translation.
 Results 1-1. 
  1. The folds of its flesh are tightly joined; they are firm on it, immovable.
Only even MORE LIES from the "flat" "earthers" to say The Bible notes THEE "earth" AS "flat"!!!

Flat Earth.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Looking at ALL the "flat" "earther" LIES THAT ARE ENTIRELY INSUPPORTABLE AS "fact", WHAT, pray tell, ARE THEE "flat" "earther"s "hoping" TO "achieve"???!!!

Deceiving others for self styled "intellectual" "superiority" based on "flat" "earth" STUPIDITY.

Flat Earth is ENTIRELY STUPID.

Basic observable FACTS, like the sun rising AND setting DAILY, demonstrate "flat "earth" IS A LIE AND ENTIRELY STUPID!!!

The "flat" "earth" "model" has the sun appearing in the sky from the bottom up and disappearing from the sky from the top down.

The sun ACTUALLY appears over the Spherical (geoidal) Earth horizon from the top down AND disappears over the nominally opposite Spherical (geoidal) Earth horizon from the bottom up.

Flat Earth.

Flat Earth is REALLY, REALLY STUPID.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Hmmmm..............

So, how does the "flat" "earth" model SUDDENLY become "immovable" WITHOUT gravity AND "accelerating" "upwards" AT "nominally" 32.174 ft/s2???!!!

Hmmmm..............

2 Bible results for “immovable” from 
New International Version.
 Results 1-2. 
  1. The folds of its flesh are tightly joined; they are firm and immovable.
  2. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.
1 Bible results for “immovable” from 
New English Translation.
 Results 1-1. 
  1. The folds of its flesh are tightly joined; they are firm on it, immovable.
Only even MORE LIES from the "flat" "earthers" to say The Bible notes THEE "earth" AS "flat"!!!

Flat Earth.

Looking at ALL the "flat" "earther" LIES THAT ARE ENTIRELY INSUPPORTABLE AS "fact", WHAT, pray tell, ARE THEE "flat" "earther"s "hoping" TO "achieve"???!!!

Deceiving others for self styled "intellectual" "superiority" based on "flat" "earth" STUPIDITY.

Flat Earth is ENTIRELY STUPID.

Basic observable FACTS, like the sun rising AND setting DAILY, demonstrate "flat "earth" IS A LIE AND ENTIRELY STUPID!!!

The "flat" "earth" "model" has the sun appearing in the sky from the bottom up and disappearing from the sky from the top down.

The sun ACTUALLY appears over the Spherical (geoidal) Earth horizon from the top down AND disappears over the nominally opposite Spherical (geoidal) Earth horizon from the bottom up.

Flat Earth.

Flat Earth is REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

Synopsis,  Good to see you back on DV....Let's hope this is our year...👍👍🙏🙏.

GO RV & RI

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

Synopsis,  Good to see you back on DV....Let's hope this is our year...👍👍🙏🙏.

GO RV & RI

Tigergorzow, It is good to be on such a wonderful forum with folks like yourself!

Thank You!!!

Go Moola Nova!!!

:pirateship:

Conclusion

Are these people who believe in a flat earth for real? It’s hard to say. They could be well-intentioned but seriously misguided people. Or they could be attempting to discredit the Bible and Christianity. If the latter, their approach probably is “If you think that the Bible is literally true, then I’ll show you just how literally true that the Bible is!” But this is a false dichotomy. We here at Answers in Genesis don’t say that the Bible is literally true. Rather, we understand that the Bible is true because it is inspired by God. As such, it is authoritative on all matters and is reliable. The Bible contains imagery and poetry. However, those passages are easy to identify. When it comes down to the sorts of questions that matter here (such as “Did God create the world?”), the Bible must be read and understood historically and grammatically. That is, historical narrative does not lead to symbolic interpretation. Hence, the creation account is literally true.

At least some of the people behind this upsurge in the flat earth movement may be lampooning the creation movement. As such, they clearly are no friends of the church; rather, they oppose Christ and His kingdom. I recommend that Christians be very discerning about their teachings.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/is-the-earth-flat/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Conclusion

These photographs clearly reveal that the hulls of these two ships progressively disappeared as the ships moved farther away. This is consistent with what we would expect if the earth is spherical, but this cannot be explained if the earth is flat. Therefore, this is good evidence that the earth is spherical. The results presented here contradict the many photos on the internet of objects beyond the horizon that supposedly prove that the earth is flat. Those alleged proofs are flawed because they failed to take account of atmospheric refraction due to a temperature inversion. By conducting this experiment when there was no possibility of a temperature inversion, I avoided that complication. The fact that inferior mirages consistently showed up in the photographs prove that there was no temperature inversion, indicating instead that there was a slightly warmer layer of air in contact with the water, with slightly cooler air above.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/flat-earth-proof-just-a-mirage/

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Four decades ago, I learned a valuable lesson from a Bible professor from whom I took two semesters of Pauline epistles. He said that if you see something in a passage that no one else has seen before, there’s probably a very good reason: it isn’t there. But flat-earthers typically are undeterred by such advice. They dismiss it as the mere teaching of a man. They proudly proclaim that they want to stick solely with what the Bible says. They fail to understand the importance of sound teaching taught in the very Bible they profess to uphold. God has ordained the church for several purposes, including instruction in the Scriptures. 1 Timothy 3:2 says that an overseer must be able to teach. But flat-earthers frequently dismiss instruction from Godly men, insisting that they know more about what the Bible says than men who have devoted many decades to prayerful study of the Scriptures. It never occurs to flat-earthers that they may be wrong in their understanding of the Bible. Nor does it occur to them that they have set themselves up as authorities on the meaning of the Bible, but their approach completely undermines the possibility of such an authority in the first place. Flat-earthers attempt to use lexicons and other resources regarding the meaning of Hebrew words in the Bible, while dismissing conclusions about the meanings from godly Hebraists who have spent decades pursuing a deep understanding of the Hebrew language. Nor is this burn-it-to-ground sort of attitude restricted to biblical studies. Some flat-earthers also fashion themselves to be experts on science and the methodology of science. Consequently, they think of themselves as competent to dictate to scientists, both godly and ungodly, on how science ought to be conducted. But their definitions and practice of science appear to be formulated to make science as generally understood impossible.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/reflections-flat-earth-movement/

Flat Earth IS REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!!

Flat Earth.

• Downvote 1

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/reflections-flat-earth-movement/

Reflections on the Flat-Earth Movement

Yep.

The "flat" "earth" "movement" IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN INTELLECTUAL BOWEL MOVEMENT!!!

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/ok-flat-earthers-you-win-the-earth-is-flat-now-what

CULTURE Miles Klee 3 years ago

Article Thumbnail

OK, FLAT EARTHERS, YOU WIN: THE EARTH IS FLAT. NOW WHAT?

Like anyone with a Wi-Fi connection and a morbid curiosity as to the strangest things real humans believe, I’ve been amused for years by the Flat Earthers — those dogged skeptics who insist our globe is no globe at all, but altogether more pancake-shaped. YouTube, Facebook, and other social web platforms have brought these self-taught astrophysicists together and fueled a pronounced expansion of their movement. Flatheads host conventions to discuss research and swap theories. Neil deGrasse Tyson has repeatedly debunked their claims, but his desperate lessons aren’t sinking in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhmj8g4zhw

If there’s one quality that unites the Flat Earthers, who subscribe to a vast range of planetary models despite more or less agreeing on a basic premise, it’s their confidence. They know, with complete certainty, that scientists have lied to us about the cosmos and how we fit into it. This week, a British man was delighted to report that several bookmakers had rejected his proposed bets — of up to £100 — that Earth is indeed a level surface. “I think the reason that they won’t accept my bet is because they know that I am right in saying that the Earth is flat, and if other people joined me in placing the bet they could lose millions,” he said. I’m more of the opinion that the bookies turned him down because, as deGrasse Tyson could probably tell you, these folks have a way of dismissing any evidence of Earth’s roundness; there’s literally nothing you could show them to disprove what they hold to be verifiably true.

0n09bRqlrTVKzmatT-3.html-charsetutf-8

So, fine. On behalf of all us brainwashed dupes who never questioned the accepted idea of a spherical Earth, I’m throwing in the towel. You win: Earth is flat. Now what?

I’m serious. You’ve convinced me that water doesn’t stick to a spinning ball and that observing solar eclipses as we do would be impossible on curved ground. I’m sure Shaquille O’Neal wasn’t just trolling when he said, “I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle, and all that stuff about gravity, have you looked outside Atlanta lately and seen all these buildings?” Everything adds up here. Thank you for opening my eyes, really. But also, uh, what the **** do you want me to do with this information?

I ask this because sometimes I get the feeling y’all haven’t considered your long-term goals. You know, beyond securing bragging rights for when the United Nations accepts your arguments as fact and NASA is formally dissolved. What do we gain by coming to your side? I suppose they say knowledge is its own reward. Still, that would be kind of a cop-out, right? And while a few Flat Earthers are coming from a place of Biblical literalism, it seems as if many more disavow any religious affiliation, meaning there’s more to your crusade than making god happy. I’ve been messaging your august organizations to understand where a consensus on Flat Earth theory might take us as a species, and, I gotta tell you, I’m a little annoyed that I keep getting the brush-off. Sadly, I’m not finding anything in the Flat Earth Society FAQ section regarding next steps.

0Qknq4Q_cuIfGxxxI-3.html-charsetutf-8

Honestly, I respect your commitment. I like that you resist assurances from experts and trust in the empirical data available to your senses. I’m concerned, however, that once your persuasive memes and thought experiments break the dam of propaganda that keeps the world blind to Flat Earth, you won’t have much left to do but say “Told you so!” You should be examining what a Flat Earth means for projections of climate change and intercontinental travel, how it could revolutionize our view of earthquakes or the fossil record. And if you can’t even decide what’s on the other side of Flat Earth, how the hell are we going to explore it? The masses may not be ready to handle your radical refiguring of the solar system, but you’re not prepared to act on it! For crying out loud, at least pick up a telescope and start scouting out some other flat planets to colonize!

It’s only natural, at a moment when the Flat Earth hypothesis invites knee-jerk scorn and mockery, that your focus would be largely devoted to outreach and basic reeducation. But it’s never too early to start planning for the Flat Earth utopia that awaits us — and how to make the most of it. Correcting the greatest misapprehension in history is no small job, as you’re well aware, though the work hardly ends there. When the awakening comes to pass, there will be further confusion, new questions, perhaps fear and hysteria. We will turn to you, oh wise prophets of a limitless horizon, for comfort and guidance in the change. Do not fail the delicate souls you’ve led out of the dark at last.

• Downvote 1