Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It amazes me that some people, in spite of all rational assessments, still hold a flat earth view.

A flat earth isn't possible for basic reasons:

• The sun and moon rise and set as noted in the Bible. A flat earth model has the sun and moon disappearing in the sky and reappearing in their circular orbit above the flat earth. This just isn't possible.
  • Oriented by the poles of a spherical (geoidal) earth, there are stars in the Northern Hemisphere not able to be seen in the Southern Hemisphere. Likewise, there are stars in the Southern Hemisphere not able to be seen in the Northern Hemisphere. A flat earth model would have all stars equally visible at all points on the flat earth. Another reason flat earth is not possible.
  • The circumpolar route in the Antartic Ocean is a much smaller distance than the distance around the earth on the Equator. This, again, is yet another reason flat earth is not possible.
  • From a modern standpoint, Global Positioning Satellites are not possible with a flat earth. Depending on the orbit of the satellites around a spherical (geoidal) earth, some satellites are orientable at a given point on a spherical (geodial) earth at a given time. As the satellites orbit, some will arrive above the horizon into an orientable position while others will leave an orientable position having passed over the horizon. A flat earth model would have all satellites detectable at all points on a flat earth. So, another reason a flat earth isn't possible.

The premises a flat earth are based on do not account for basic principles such as light diffraction and, amazingly, gravity and are based among many other inconsistencies. The flat earth hypothesis is easily and readily dismissed.

A common theme I have had in discussing what flat earth proponents are interested in is the flat earth proponents are interested in deceiving the gullible as a power trip. Likely the flat earth proponents are fully aware of the lies they are promoting yet gain great pleasure in deceiving others.

Time to realize the flat earth philosophy for what it is - A BLATANT LIE!!!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Time to realize the flat earth philosophy for what it is - A BLATANT LIE!!!

I say to you sir:

The earth is tilted at 66.6 degrees and "wobbles" while spinning like a top at 1,000 mph.

The earth also is leaping around the sun at 66,600 mph.

The earth and sun are in the "spiral arm" of the milky way galaxy and traveling at 249,000 mph.

And,

The whole universe is expanding at 2 million miles per hour.

So,

We will never be "here" again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, bigwave said:

I say to you sir:

The earth is tilted at 66.6 degrees and "wobbles" while spinning like a top at 1,000 mph.

The earth also is leaping around the sun at 66,600 mph.

The earth and sun are in the "spiral arm" of the milky way galaxy and traveling at 249,000 mph.

And,

The whole universe is expanding at 2 million miles per hour.

So,

We will never be "here" again.

No, the earth is NOT tilted at 66.6 degrees.

The spherical (geoidal) earth polar axis is tilted at 23.4 degrees from the mostly circumferential orbital path around the sun. A 66.6 degree tilt is nonsensical from an axis of rotation stand point. Rotational inertia and gravitational effect of the sun/spherical (geoidal) earth determine the 23.4 degree tilt and rule out a 66.6 degree assessment entirely.

For the rest of Your comments, gravity is ABSOLUTELY real as noted earlier AND for constant velocity, no acceleration effects are realized.

So we all are spinning at nominally 1,000 mph at the spherical (geoidal) earth at a constant angular velocity. Due to gravity, the earth’s atmosphere is held so that we can move within that atmosphere accordingly.

As objects (human beings included) are propelled above the earth’s atmosphere, they orbit the spherical (geoidal) earth at a faster angular velocity up to the geo synchronous orbit of nominally 19,000 miles above the mean sea level of the spherical (geoidal) earth. Farther than that, the orbit is slowed below the earth’s rotation.

So, again, why the flat earth lies?

Flat earth has no basis whatsoever in, especially, a Biblical framework and BASIC reason shows readily a flat earth is not a depiction of reality.

No relevant credentials support a flat earth.

Only LIES support a Flat Earth!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

No, the earth is NOT tilted at 66.6 degrees.

The spherical (geoidal) earth polar axis is tilted at 23.4 degrees from the mostly circumferential orbital path around the sun. A 66.6 degree tilt is nonsensical from an axis of rotation stand point.

Let's see:

23.4 - 90 degrees is   

Wait for it....

66.6 degrees.

We obviously have to agree to disagree on this one...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Let's see:

23.4 - 90 degrees is   

Wait for it....

66.6 degrees.

The description I gave is obvious to note the 23.4 degree tilt NOT the 66.6 degree tilt since I did note ACTUAL gravity and REAL rotational inertia of the rotating spherical (geoidal) earth orbiting the sun.

Foolish to propose a Flat Earth with intent to deceive.

So, indeed, Flat Earth proponents DENY global positioning satellites.

I can say from personal experience that global positioning avionics were manufactured and used in personal and private aircraft long before cell towers or other stationary orientable devices (except for OMNI stations). were built.

Further factual  notations that a Spherical (geoidal) earth is, and always has been and always will be, the case until the New Heaven and the Neq Earth are here.

Flat Earth is a nonsensical attempt to deny physical and repeatedly provable facts proving the spherical (geoidal) earth that Flat Earth suppositions vehemently DENY.

Flat Earth is, obviously, a LIE!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Let's see:

23.4 - 90 degrees is   

Wait for it....

66.6 degrees.

Not sure where or how you came to that.  The earth being tilted at 23.4⁰ degrees is based on a 360⁰ . If the axis tilts to the right of 0⁰ it is 23.4⁰. If it tilts to the left of 0⁰ it would be 336.6⁰. 

Explain where the 90⁰comes into play

Are you saying that the flat earth it tilted at 66.6⁰and isn't truly laying level? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, bigwave said:

image.png.97eaff1b8ccb61dc321cf9cd1e011db9.png

What part is religion besides the earth is round? ( in your opinion)

Other planets aren't round?

Others planets don't exist?

Other planets don't orbit the sun?

Is earth the only flat piece of rock in our solar system? 

Do you believe in the existence of the  solar system?

It's very vague.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, cranman said:

Are you saying that the flat earth it tilted at 66.6⁰and isn't truly laying level? 

I said all of that to Synopsis -

I am definitely a flattie and believe we are on a flat level plane. I believe that we are like an island surround by an ice wall with a firmament too.

When I was in school studying gravitational pulls of the planets the professor was telling us all about it. The earth is tilted on its axis at 23.4 degrees. If you take a x y axis image.png.ff4e4cd739c29de6b9131b0594cedb26.pngand tilt the earth 23.4 degrees (like nasa tells us) there is 66.6 degrees left over. Oddly enough the 666 mark of the beast appears.

When I was talking about the earth spinning around the sun, ironically it is leaping around, (again according to nasa) at 66,600 miles per hour. another 666 mark of the beast.

16 minutes ago, cranman said:

Other planets aren't round?

This I don't know - they appear circular though.

16 minutes ago, cranman said:

Do you believe in the existence of the  solar system?

My belief is what is in the Bible that God has placed it all within the firmament.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bigwave said:

I said all of that to Synopsis -

I am definitely a flattie and believe we are on a flat level plane. I believe that we are like an island surround by an ice wall with a firmament too.

When I was in school studying gravitational pulls of the planets the professor was telling us all about it. The earth is tilted on its axis at 23.4 degrees. If you take a x y axis image.png.ff4e4cd739c29de6b9131b0594cedb26.pngand tilt the earth 23.4 degrees (like nasa tells us) there is 66.6 degrees left over. Oddly enough the 666 mark of the beast appears.

When I was talking about the earth spinning around the sun, ironically it is leaping around, (again according to nasa) at 66,600 miles per hour. another 666 mark of the beast.

This I don't know - they appear circular though.

My belief is what is in the Bible that God has placed it all within the firmament.

Ok.  Thanks for responding.  I know you were responding to Synopsis.  It just made me curious on other thoughts you may have.