Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

19 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Sorry for the delayed response (I misunderstood moderator approval for initial posts).

Yet you are either unable or unwilling to perform the pretty basic math that easily shows many of your so called "proofs" to be nonsense.  Or the basic analysis of the observations of the sun from various parts of the earth that perfectly fits a tilted orbiting sphere but can not be explained with the a flat earth model.  That's pretty basic methodology of testing a hypothesis against observation.

Obviously the white house call was going to NASA and feeding into a radio link and required a custom setup they worked out in advance.  They are not "chatting", it was all very scripted.  The round trip time to the moon averages 2.56 seconds.  Get out the stopwatch app on your cell phone and time the lag between the end of Nixon's "...return to earth."and Aldrins "thank you". Mine says 2.5secs. 

With all the orbiting junk there are far more objects than that.  Sure its a lot of effort but it's been going on for a long time, what's your point?

Because it's expensive to launch and maintain a satellite and communications lag (even the tiny one from synchronous orbit is bad for a lot of data communications).  The "cables" are fiber now of course which have huge bandwidth and are much shorter than the distance to synchronous orbit so much less lag.

Because your cell phone does make calls via satellite but via cell towers (it gets GPS via satellite and your GPS app will still work in Tijuana or even in the middle of the ocean.  Your phone's map may not since it gets map data over the cell link, but if you have map app that has a map it keeps on your phone or just a dedicated GPS app it will work).  While there likely are cell towers in Tijuana you have to pay for international roaming for your cell service provider to let you use them if you have a US number.  Or buy a phone in Tijuana.

Because the satellite is in stationary or synchronous orbit so its position is fixed.  Knowing where you are on the ground tells you generally where to point the dish.  It can be fine tuned with a signal strength meter (you can do it yourself with the signal strength display the box provides to a TV channel) and it doesn't have to be perfect.

Now all those are obvious and easy yet you again are either unable or unwilling to understand them.    This is why debunking your claims seems pointless, and I did so here only as an example.  Will you now respond to explain those points or just cut and past more?

Peace to you as well and I have researched it, you are wrong as wrong can be.  The entire modern world is built on science and claiming it works great for the things you like (computes, satellite TV it seems, materials, energy, and so much more) but not where it conflicts with your ideology is wildly inconsistent.

in your interpretation that is.  In any case the Bible was written to match the understanding that people had around 3,000 years ago, is largely symbolic, is about religion and clearly not a science text.

Have you actually seen the lunar lander that was used in the "moon landing" ...what a joke. Also warner von Braun which was the first director of nasa who was also a Nazi scientist left the verse psalm 19:1 on his tombstone. Also the water level is flat everywhere. If we're using math, then why does the declination of the alleged curve not match what's happening when we use our eye balls. The satellite argument is so worn out and covered relentlessly...and yes there are scientists today and in the past who are geocentrists...if your looking at government (control mind) textbooks or corporate texts....that's your first clue that you are fed propaganda...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

Have you actually seen the lunar lander that was used in the "moon landing" ...what a joke. Also warner von Braun which was the first director of nasa who was also a Nazi scientist left the verse psalm 19:1 on his tombstone. Also the water level is flat everywhere. If we're using math, then why does the declination of the alleged curve not match what's happening when we use our eye balls. The satellite argument is so worn out and covered relentlessly...and yes there are scientists today and in the past who are geocentrists...if your looking at government (control mind) textbooks or corporate texts....that's your first clue that you are fed propaganda...

And yet flat earth folks want us to believe the flat Earth is encompassed by a massive ice wall that keeps the Earth's oceans safely in place.....no pics of the entire thing, no pics of all the continents at once, no viable explanation of how it ever gets dark on the flat Earth, no distances given to the sun and moon, no explanation why the earth is flat like a quarter lying on a table, yet the sun and moon are like quarters standing on edge on same table, no existence of dark forces protecting the ice walls from prying eyes.....it's really just too ridiculous to believe there's 45 pages on this nonsense in this thread.  Good Morning, by the way, Brandy.

GO RV, then BV

• Pow! 3

12 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

And yet flat earth folks want us to believe the flat Earth is encompassed by a massive ice wall that keeps the Earth's oceans safely in place.....no pics of the entire thing, no pics of all the continents at once, no viable explanation of how it ever gets dark on the flat Earth, no distances given to the sun and moon, no explanation why the earth is flat like a quarter lying on a table, yet the sun and moon are like quarters standing on edge on same table, no existence of dark forces protecting the ice walls from prying eyes.....it's really just too ridiculous to believe there's 45 pages on this nonsense in this thread.  Good Morning, by the way, Brandy.

GO RV, then BV

Good morning shabs!

Just like the ball earthers...nonsense! Haha. At the end of the day it's *** for tat. I will add that the earth at the center is literally what we see. Why don't we trust our own sense. Cuz the nasa budget works hard to CONvince you.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Water WOULD be flat everywhere.

Is the surface of water in a bowl flat? Yes

Is the surface of water flat in a pan with a dent upward in the middle? Yes

Does the surface of the water reflect what the bottom contour is? No. 

No.it would have to declinate according to ball earth math.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Good Lord , your unwillingness to read others post is exhausting. EVERYTHING you just asked for has been presented in THIS THREAD. :facepalm1:

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Says the "flat earth" guy  :lol:  

GO RV, then BV

Excuse me, but I used to believe the same lies as you. Studied for nearly all my life because as a child I thought the idea of space travel fascinating. I not only started this thread but I've read every single word in it. Sometimes more than once. 

You constantly make post showing not only that you haven't read the previous post but that you don't even care to. And to think that I mistakenly thought your liturgical tap dances and sarcasm were intelligence.  :facepalm1:

15 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Excuse me, but I used to believe the same lies as you. Studied for nearly all my life because as a child I thought the idea of space travel fascinating. I not only started this thread but I've read every single word in it. Sometimes more than once. 

You constantly make post showing not only that you haven't read the previous post but that you don't even care to. And to think that I mistakenly thought your liturgical tap dances and sarcasm were intelligence.  :facepalm1:

Again, so says the "flat earth" guy.  :rolleyes:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PeaceSign said:

Have you actually seen the lunar lander that was used in the "moon landing" ...what a joke.

Well the one that landed is still there, but yes I have seen its twin in the Simthsonian AaS.  What about it?

Also warner von Braun which was the first director of nasa who was also a Nazi scientist left the verse psalm 19:1 on his tombstone.

Yes, so what?  Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."  says nothing of a flat earth.

Also the water level is flat everywhere. If we're using math, then why does the declination of the alleged curve not match what's happening when we use our eye balls. 

Water is effected by gravity just like everything else.  on a clear enough day ships sailing away appear to sink.  why is that?

So with your own eyeballs:

Why does the moment of sunrise and sunset vary by longitude , yet all experience them in the same way (the sun rising from or dipping behind the horizon)?

Why does the apparent path of the sun and the length of the day/night vary based on latitude and season?

Why is the night sky different in the northern and southern hemispheres?

Why are other planets clearly spherical?  as well as our own moon clearly seen via telescope or even decent binoculars?

Easily explained by a slightly tilted spinning sphere orbiting the sun, not explainable at all with a flat earth.

If you are not going to accept the scientific method for evaluating theory against observation then this conversation is pointless so I doubt I will continue but couldn't help myself from making a reply.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

So learned scholar what shouldn't be taken literally?

I'm no learned scholar, and never claimed to be....that said, the plank in the eye bit from the Bible is one of my favorites....certainly it isn't literally referring to an actual physical plank made of wood.

GO RV, then BV 

6 hours ago, PeaceSign said:

No.it would have to declinate according to ball earth math.

No, H2o seeks its own level. It does not care about the container it is in. Did you not read the 3rd point in my post?

As long as the container (ocean bed, sea bed, lake bed) holds the water it will be flat. The water conforms to whatever shape the bottom is.

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I'm no learned scholar, and never claimed to be....that said, the plank in the eye bit from the Bible is one of my favorites....certainly it isn't literally referring to an actual physical plank made of wood.

GO RV, then BV 

I bet it's one of your favorites. A plank comes in handy when you want to beat a TRUE follower of Christ upside the head. 

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I bet it's one of your favorites. A plank comes in handy when you want to beat a TRUE follower of Christ upside the head. 

Not in the biblical sense it doesn't....as the "plank" is metaphorical not literal.  ;)  And a perfect example of this post of yours.

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not in the biblical sense it doesn't....as the "plank" is metaphorical not literal.  ;)  And a perfect example of this post of yours.

GO RV, then BV

Metaphorically speaking, you beat everyone here daily with your "planks" of LSM  Propaganda pieces. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Well the one that landed is still there, but yes I have seen its twin in the Simthsonian AaS.  What about it?

Yes, so what?  Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."  says nothing of a flat earth.

Water is effected by gravity just like everything else.  on a clear enough day ships sailing away appear to sink.  why is that?

Why does the moment of sunrise and sunset vary by longitude , yet all experience them in the same way (the sun rising from or dipping behind the horizon)?

Why does the apparent path of the sun and the length of the day/night vary based on latitude and season?

Why are other planets clearly spherical?  as well as our own moon clearly seen via telescope or even decent binoculars?

Easily explained by a slightly tilted spinning sphere orbiting the sun, not explainable at all with a flat earth.

If you are not going to accept the scientific method for evaluating theory against observation then this conversation is pointless so I doubt I will continue but couldn't help myself from making a reply.

Lol. You lost me at "Smithsonian". It's is golden aluminum foil and curtain rods!! And the firmament goes hand in hand with flat earth. The moon is circular and appears flat. We literally only ever see one side...I wonder Why? It also has its own light. I have a sweet binoculars on tripod set up and watch the moon and I recently watched the Saturn and Jupiter conjunction which was spectacular (you literally can't see a ball) (Dec. 2020) you see bright colors. I love the night sky so many clues. 

If the earth is hurling through space then why are the constellations trekking in the same exact pattern from ancient times. It's because earth is stationary and the stars are attached to the formant moving around in a circle above us. With the wondering stars (planets) being able to move. Bye way the word plane is in planets. 

Also if gravity is your argument for water...it would still declinate! And it doesn't.

I don't understand why the apparent path of the sun disproves a flat earth.

19 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV 

It's talking about not judging your brother. Because if you judge your brother you are automatically judging your self. 

20 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Also the lander would have melted...but I guess they pick and choose the severity of the radiation emitted by the van Allen belts as it suits whatever narrative. 

22 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

It's talking about not judging your brother. Because if you judge your brother you are automatically judging your self. 

Yes, that's exactly how I understand it as well.....the conversation was about not everything in the Bible has a literal meaning....at which I gave this example.   

GO RV, then BV

3 hours ago, PeaceSign said:

Lol. You lost me at "Smithsonian".

You'll have to let me in on the joke.  LM-2 is at the Air and Space Museum which is part of the Smithsonian Institution.

It's is golden aluminum foil and curtain rods!!

Yep, a wrong step and they could have poked a foot through the wall/floor.  So what?  It was build for one very well defined narrow purpose.

Also the lander would have melted...but I guess they pick and choose the severity of the radiation emitted by the van Allen belts as it suits whatever narrative. 

Why would it have melted?   The danger from the Van Allen Belts is not that they have enough energy to melt a spacecraft but to damage human tissue or disrupt electronics.  This was avoided by some shielding and careful mission planning and being willing to accept some risk (perhaps higher long term cancer risk for example)  https://science.thewire.in/the-sciences/apollo-11-van-allen-radiation-belts-translunar-injection/

And the firmament goes hand in hand with flat earth.

For you maybe, but it says nothing about a flat earth in the psalm so what it meant to Van Braun is pure speculation.  Given the obvious fallacy of a flat earth it seems extremely unlikely that he saw it as you do.

The moon is circular and appears flat. We literally only ever see one side...I wonder Why? It also has its own light. I

Why do the craters near the edge all seem like you are looking at them from an angle compared to the craters in the middle?   We only see one side due to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking .  No its only reflected light.

If the earth is hurling through space then why are the constellations trekking in the same exact pattern from ancient times.

Because those stars are in the same galaxy that we are and are wildly far away compared to earths orbit (if that is the "hurtling" you are talking about.

Also if gravity is your argument for water...it would still declinate! And it doesn't.

It does if the container does.  why does a ship appear to sink as it sails into the distance? 

If you have a flat dish then the water is not going to pile up in the middle and this is what smaller lakes are.  Once the "dish" gets big enough that it is no longer flat but follows the curve of the earth, so does the water.

I don't understand why the apparent path of the sun disproves a flat earth.

Why do the poles experience times when they have a 24 hour day or 24 hour night but this not experienced in other pats of the planet say at the equator at the same time?  How could that happen on a flat earth?

Why is the night sky different in the northern vs southern hemispheres?

Why do we NOT all experience sun rise or sunset at the same moment yet we all experience it in the same way (at the horizon).

• Upvote 1