Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After lurking here for sometime I thought I'd create an account so I could ask a question of the flat-earthers about consistency.   The flat-earthers here of course could just be trolls who enjoy winding people up and don't believe a word they post.  There really is no way to tell.   If they are not trolls then they are have forsaken reason for ideology.  That doesn't seem like a good choice to me, but to each their own.  Some claim to think that they and those generating the things constantly being cut and pasted here are better at science than the many hundreds of thousands of folks who have dedicated their lives to scientific pursuits over the past 100 years or more.  Obviously a silly notion.  But again those who have forsaken reason are unlikely to change their mind by being presented with reason, so I will not do so.  I will add that those accepting the spherical earth might apply that same reasoning methodology to the RV, but since that topic is not allowed I will not engage in that subject.

What I will ask (finally!) is a question about consistency.  I presume that all those claiming the earth is flat and that the likely 100's of thousands of folks directly related to industries involving space flight (gps, weather, commercial navigation, broadcast entertainment, etc) are all involved in by far the largest conspiracy in history, are themselves NOT using gps on their phone or car, or satellite TV, or satellite weather maps, flying commercially, etc.  Right?

But that is not nearly enough.  Exactly the same methodology that figured out the characteristics of mass and gravity that produced space flight and today's vast number of satellites was used to figure out the characteristics of the electron that lead (with a bootstrap from the space program) to the device you are using at this very moment to read this.  Indeed the entire modern technological world is inescapable.  No one reading this is living in a hut in the wilderness with only implements made a few 100 years ago.   It seems wildly inconsistent to me to say the scientific methodology is correct when it produces something you like (computers, the internet, materials, energy, and on and on) but completely false and embodying a vast conspiracy when it produces something that conflicts with your ideology (space flight).  So how do you answer that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 2

17 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

how do you answer that?

Dear IChooseReality:

1st and foremost, if it was directed at me, I am not a troll. I got "pumped" in many years ago and choose Adams site because he was grounded and was producing some very good information with the aid of some very savvy newshounds. Thank you all...

I 1st started to question the goberment narrative when they told us that 2 planes took out 3 buildings and the only thing that was left was a passport found 3 blocks over. Then I started to look over in PA where a "jumbo jet airliner" hit the ground and the reason we could not see the plane, passengers, luggage, etc was because it all "vaporized". And then I saw pictures of the Pentagon where a "plane"  hit the building. Two things I learned. #1 the hole was way too small for a 747. and #2 the "plane" hit exactly where an 125 independent accountants were that were trying to find a "lost" 1 Trillion dollars. Remember Rumsfeld saying the day before that they could not account for it? 

Now I am not here to toot my own horn, but I have multiple degrees, and studied physics, chemistry, mathematics, human anatomy, physiology and many others. 

I regurgitated the information that was given to me, so well that I actually passed the tests. LOL.

As my career moved along, I put myself in position to make decisions that effect many people which requires me to research. And I research quite a bit.

Back in the day, I was watch with my own eyes on TV, Neil Armstrong jumping out of the lunar lander and then standing on the moon. Wow I was hooked. BTW, at the time I did not know I was watching a production that was a 2nd generation film. All of the nooz agencies had to film a very grainy film that was produced by nasa.

For time brevity I will not reproduce the many proofs I have already posted.

Then as I grew and started to poke my head up, I thought it was kind of funny how Nixon was talking to the "people on the moon" with a regular telephone. They were supposed to be 239,000 miles away and he was chatting like they were in a "Hollywood basement" (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Our cell phones today go out of service when we are in a store or under a darn bridge and here is "Tricky ****" (Nixon) talking away , with zero lag time, with the biggest smile of all time with someone that is 239,000 miles away with 1960's technology.

@hit I, I ate it up hook, line and sinker. Gulp.

As far as satellites go, I have posted a picture of what should be up there, many thousands (In fact Musk and Starlink is said to have nearly 350 already. Wow can you imagine the effort that it takes to blast off 350 satellites?

Well okay then - why is there a need for continued "hardwire" communications around the world?

Further if the satellites work so well, why is it when you go down to Ensenada the cell service ends at Tijuana? 

When the TV man comes out and puts your "satellite" dish up does he aim it at a particular satellite or does he just aim it in a Sothern direction (in my neck of the woods) and call it good. How did he know the position of the satellite and then gets it right every time, house after house.

BTW nasa says we are spinning on an axis of 66 degrees off center at 1000 mph, leaping around the sun at 66,600  mph, expanding in the milkyway galaxy, at 495,000 and the whole universe is said to be expanding at 2 million mph and the TV man pinpoints a supposed satellite that you can't see perfectly every time, (Just in time for I Love Lucy). Wow modern technology at its finest and the technician is cool too.

After all they call it satellite TV so if you say there is a tower over there that they use, then someone should do a class action law suit for lying to us....

Weather maps are pieced together - look it up.

Commercial flying: Next time you go for a ride listen for the captain say something like: "We have reached our cruising speed and altitude, it will be smooth flying so you can take your seat belt off and walk around."

Then get your P1000 out with a infrared lens and take a look how flat it is. It is freaking flat. And when you go over Kansas you will see why they say Kansas is flat as a pancake.

If the world was round, Kansas would necessarily be bent north to south at the same time be bent east to west and not "flat as a pancake".

Peace to you my friend. 

Research it out.

BTW, I would start with the over 200 reference that the bible says we are flat.

Come on RV.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

The flat-earthers here of course could just be trolls who enjoy winding people up and don't believe a word they post

This is your First WARNING. 

Here at DV we don't call members names. And we certainly don't attack Adams Moderators (of which I am one). See forum rules here .

You have the right to Express your opinions, but please do so without calling members TROLLS. 

As someone who believes that God described the world as his Footstool, I could care less for the "Thousands" of so called scientists "Consensus" on their ball earth lies.

As a Moderator with more than 10 years posting and thousands of posts with nearly 56,000 in reputation points I'd hardly qualify as a TROLL. Furthermore, I'm probably the ONLY member here that has actually posted pictures of his family and even told everyone where I live. 

So please don't ever refer to me as a TROLL again. 

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, bigwave said:

Now I am not here to toot my own horn, but I have multiple degrees, and studied physics, chemistry, mathematics, human anatomy, physiology and many others. 

Come on RV.

Odd combination of scientific education and non-scientific faith to square against each other.....How do you choose which to rely on?  Educated and funny....what a rarity.  :lol:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Could a moderator please either approve the two posts of mine in this thread that still are awaiting such due to my recent newbieness, or delete them so I could repost the contents and not have a duplicate if they later are approved.  Thanks in advance.

If'n your post haven't been approved already it's because my FELLOW MODERATORS find them inappropriate and most likely just an attempt at creating a problem. 

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

If'n your post haven't been approved already it's because my FELLOW MODERATORS find them inappropriate and most likely just an attempt at creating a problem. 

OK, its hard to tell that response apart from just no one getting around to it.  If that is the case please just delete them.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the delayed response (I misunderstood moderator approval for initial posts).

On 5/9/2021 at 8:34 AM, bigwave said:

Yet you are either unable or unwilling to perform the pretty basic math that easily shows many of your so called "proofs" to be nonsense.  Or the basic analysis of the observations of the sun from various parts of the earth that perfectly fits a tilted orbiting sphere but can not be explained with the a flat earth model.  That's pretty basic methodology of testing a hypothesis against observation.

Then as I grew and started to poke my head up, I thought it was kind of funny how Nixon was talking to the "people on the moon" with a regular telephone. They were supposed to be 239,000 miles away and he was chatting like they were in a "Hollywood basement" (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Our cell phones today go out of service when we are in a store or under a darn bridge and here is "Tricky ****" (Nixon) talking away , with zero lag time, with the biggest smile of all time with someone that is 239,000 miles away with 1960's technology.

Obviously the white house call was going to NASA and feeding into a radio link and required a custom setup they worked out in advance.  They are not "chatting", it was all very scripted.  The round trip time to the moon averages 2.56 seconds.  Get out the stopwatch app on your cell phone and time the lag between the end of Nixon's "...return to earth."and Aldrins "thank you". Mine says 2.5secs. 

As far as satellites go, I have posted a picture of what should be up there, many thousands (In fact Musk and Starlink is said to have nearly 350 already. Wow can you imagine the effort that it takes to blast off 350 satellites?

With all the orbiting junk there are far more objects than that.  Sure its a lot of effort but it's been going on for a long time, what's your point?

Well okay then - why is there a need for continued "hardwire" communications around the world?

Because it's expensive to launch and maintain a satellite and communications lag (even the tiny one from synchronous orbit is bad for a lot of data communications).  The "cables" are fiber now of course which have huge bandwidth and are much shorter than the distance to synchronous orbit so much less lag.

Further if the satellites work so well, why is it when you go down to Ensenada the cell service ends at Tijuana? 

Because your cell phone does make calls via satellite but via cell towers (it gets GPS via satellite and your GPS app will still work in Tijuana or even in the middle of the ocean.  Your phone's map may not since it gets map data over the cell link, but if you have map app that has a map it keeps on your phone or just a dedicated GPS app it will work).  While there likely are cell towers in Tijuana you have to pay for international roaming for your cell service provider to let you use them if you have a US number.  Or buy a phone in Tijuana.

When the TV man comes out and puts your "satellite" dish up does he aim it at a particular satellite or does he just aim it in a Sothern direction (in my neck of the woods) and call it good. How did he know the position of the satellite and then gets it right every time, house after house.

Because the satellite is in stationary or synchronous orbit so its position is fixed.  Knowing where you are on the ground tells you generally where to point the dish.  It can be fine tuned with a signal strength meter (you can do it yourself with the signal strength display the box provides to a TV channel) and it doesn't have to be perfect.

Now all those are obvious and easy yet you again are either unable or unwilling to understand them.    This is why debunking your claims seems pointless, and I did so here only as an example.  Will you now respond to explain those points or just cut and past more?

Peace to you my friend. 

Research it out.

Peace to you as well and I have researched it, you are wrong as wrong can be.  The entire modern world is built on science and claiming it works great for the things you like (computes, satellite TV it seems, materials, energy, and so much more) but not where it conflicts with your ideology is wildly inconsistent.

in your interpretation that is.  In any case the Bible was written to match the understanding that people had around 3,000 years ago, is largely symbolic, is about religion and clearly not a science text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Pow! 1

38 minutes ago, AdamHenry said:

😂 that's for sure! I agree with you there. Who doesn't like pizza?

While I doubt there has been any serious rethinking of anyone's viewpoint here, I can think of no greater commonality than "everyone loves pizza!".  If only resolving our differences were as easy as deciding on the menu.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

While I doubt there has been any serious rethinking of anyone's viewpoint here, I can think of no greater commonality than "everyone loves pizza!".  If only resolving our differences were as easy as deciding on the menu.

I think you would find it easier to understand my comments in understanding that the only higher education I have is in Psychology. 

As you both seemingly subconsciously went Exactly where I intended. :tiphat:

35 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I think you would find it easier to understand my comments in understanding that the only higher education I have is in Psychology. 

As you both seemingly subconsciously went Exactly where I intended. :tiphat:

and where would that be exactly?  BigWave simply withdrew.  Pizza was just friendly banter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You just answered your own question. "Friendly banter". Also in my belief pizza is also a circle, most of the time :lol:

Fair enough.  A circle is a good shape for a pizza (though I have to say since starting to make them myself mine tend to come out more blob like, still delicious though).   Circles for pizza, spheres for planets.  nite.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1