Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Flat Earth-ers ? Whaaaat ? This pseudo thinki g reached DV . Whoever started this has got issues. I had a close friend try and convince me the earth was flat. Said you could see someplace in Arizona from Catalina Island , Ca . How wld I explain that ? My first thought was Psychedelics.  While I was thinking, well where was this person at the time ? Cld they do that from the highest point in Catalina, doubtful. The he told me the guy was in a plane. Doh. Well of course you might see this spot in Arizona from 8,000 feet up, but could you see France ? I might believe flat earthers if I could see this spot on ground level with a telescope . Because I value this friendship I told him we will have to agree to disagree . So on that, we have. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Flat Earth-ers ? Whaaaat ? This pseudo thinki g reached DV . Whoever started this has got issues. I had a close friend try and convince me the earth was flat. Said you could see someplace in Arizona from Catalina Island , Ca . How wld I explain that ? My first thought was Psychedelics.  While I was thinking, well where was this person at the time ? Cld they do that from the highest point in Catalina, doubtful. The he told me the guy was in a plane. Doh. Well of course you might see this spot in Arizona from 8,000 feet up, but could you see France ? I might believe flat earthers if I could see this spot on ground level with a telescope . Because I value this friendship I told him we will have to agree to disagree . So on that, we have. 

Ouch....that's not going to set well.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

If there's water above the ice and water below the ice.....then water is spilling into space at the edge of flat Earth.  Sheeeeesh, common sense.  B)

GO RV, then BV

Who said water beneath the Earth.?

The water is above the firmament and below the firmament. Like  a Bathysphere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here is another Physics debunking of flat earth theories :

Different stars are visible from different parts of the Earth, in two very peculiar ways. First, there is the division between the northern and southern hemispheres. So, you can see Polaris, the star nearly directly above the north geographic pole of the Earth quite easily in northern latitudes. 

But, as you travel south, approaching the equator, Polaris sinks lower and lower toward the horizon. Once you’ve crossed that boundary, you can’t see it at all — it’s blocked by the curve of the Earth in that direction.

Here is another Physics Phact , that does not support the flat earth theory :

During a lunar eclipse, the Earth passes between the sun and the moon, allowing the Earth to cast its shadow on the moon. That shadow is always, always always a circle, no matter where you are on the planet, no matter the timing of the eclipse. Always..

The only way to always cast a circular shadow is if the thing casting the shadow — in this case, the Earth — is a globe. It’s just a matter of geometry.

6 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Here is another Physics debunking of flat earth theories :

Different stars are visible from different parts of the Earth, in two very peculiar ways. First, there is the division between the northern and southern hemispheres. So, you can see Polaris, the star nearly directly above the north geographic pole of the Earth quite easily in northern latitudes. 

But, as you travel south, approaching the equator, Polaris sinks lower and lower toward the horizon. Once you’ve crossed that boundary, you can’t see it at all — it’s blocked by the curve of the Earth in that direction.

Sorry but Polaris isn't blocked by anything, the further away from it you get the lower it is on the horizon until finally you can no longer see it. 

The problem here is found in the question, how far can you see? 
Polaris visible from the Southern Hemisphere?

But all this assumes you’re viewing in 2018. The gravitational pulls of the Sun and Moon cause Earth’s axis to precess slowly. During a 25,800-year cycle, the position of Earth’s axis in space traces out a 46.88°-wide circle on the sky. In 12,600 years, Polaris will reach its lowest declination of 44.62°. At that time, Polaris will be visible anywhere north of 45.95° south latitude (90°–44.62°+0.57°), and our current “North Star” will grace the skies above all of Africa and Australia

10 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Here is another Physics Phact , that does not support system" rel="">support the flat earth theory :

During a lunar eclipse, the Earth passes between the sun and the moon, allowing the Earth to cast its shadow on the moon. That shadow is always, always always a circle, no matter where you are on the planet, no matter the timing of the eclipse. Always..

The only way to always cast a circular shadow is if the thing casting the shadow — in this case, the Earth — is a globe. It’s just a matter of geometry.

:lmao:You might wanna rethink your physics Brother. 

I can take a circular piece of paper and hold it in front of a map on the wall with  a flashlight behind it and  get the same effect. 

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Sorry but Polaris isn't blocked by anything, the further away from it you get the lower it is on the horizon until finally you can no longer see it. 

The problem here is found in the question, how far can you see? 
Polaris visible from the Southern Hemisphere?

But all this assumes you’re viewing in 2018. The gravitational pulls of the Sun and Moon cause Earth’s axis to precess slowly. During a 25,800-year cycle, the position of Earth’s axis in space traces out a 46.88°-wide circle on the sky. In 12,600 years, Polaris will reach its lowest declination of 44.62°. At that time, Polaris will be visible anywhere north of 45.95° south latitude (90°–44.62°+0.57°), and our current “North Star” will grace the skies above all of Africa and Australia

It will do that, long after I am gone, because the earth is a sphere and not because it is flat . How does gravity work on a flat earth ?

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

:lmao:You might wanna rethink your physics Brother. 

I can take a circular piece of paper and hold it in front of a map on the wall with  a flashlight behind it and  get the same effect. 

We are discussing planets, physics, geometry , global positioning, not spit wads my friend . In my backyard, I can swing a bucket of water, on a rope and not spill a drops of agua. Thats called evidence of centrifugal force,  something that requires, gravity, which you cannot have on a flat celestial surface .