Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

We need to close this box of fruit loops, my head is about to explode!!! Jeeeez!

Being self analytical is the key to expanding ones mind.

So ask yourself, why does a discussion make your mind want to explode? And what is it that draws you back into it? 

• Pow! 1

11 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

I am still waiting for the picture of the flat earth showing all seven continents as the UN shows on their map.

And I am still waiting for a picture of an airplane flying upside down coming up around the "horn" or sideways from SF to HI.

BTW Phuket Word breaks down the "floating" ship if you have not seen it:

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Being self analytical is the key to expanding ones mind.

So ask yourself, why does a discussion make your mind want to explode? And what is it that draws you back into it? 

So explain to me if the earth is flat why is there true north and magnetic north? Why before better technology did an airplane instruments become completely unreliable for navigation if you flew directly over the north or south pole? And what is the great circle route? Answers please!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

2 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

So explain to me if the earth is flat why is there true north and magnetic north? Why before better technology did an airplane instruments become completely unreliable for navigation if you flew directly over the north or south pole? And what is the great circle route? Answers please!!!

Please don't take me wrong but I really don't want to get to deep into the debate of the shape of the earth. Maybe  @bigwave will give you the response you are looking for. I know what I believe and what I see before my eyes everyday. And I know that most people will not give  a truthful attempt at understanding this issue. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

So explain to me if the earth is flat why is there true north and magnetic north? 

It seems to me I read something about this;  I think Magellan or Cook wrote in their journal that they had to make small adjustment of approximately 2° each night.

Many things I don't know but from what I researched we are flat as a pancake.

In fact I was listing to a mathematician - Decimole Z (Dr Zack) and he was giving me a math lesson:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bigwave said:

How about calling Admiral Byrd liar?:

Do all lines of longitude pass through poles?

All lines of longitude pass directly over the poles. They merge toward each other at the poles and are a greater distance from each other at the equator when divided into equal increments. All lines of longitude make the same size circle since they all pass through both poles.

So the 75 fth longitude and the 122 longitude will have the greatest distance apart closer to the Equator and basically meet at the poles. 

And to answer your question about a plane. A plane will always keep belly down, in optimal conditions, in relation to earth. If you took a picture of the earth from space and could see the plane flying in the Southern hemisphere  it would look upside down. Unless you oriented the camera so the plane was rightside up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/20/2021 at 10:15 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And still I've not once insulted you nor called any names. 

Your inability to carry on this discussion without doing so shows your sinful nature and insecurity. And I will not be able to continue responding to your post if you cannot show respect. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, Synopsis said:

Matthew 18:1-7

New International Version

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven

18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

Causing to Stumble

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!

You see, LadyGrace'sDaddy, THIS is where the LIE of the Flat Earth leads. Little kids are led astray.

18 hours ago, bigwave said:

How can "Wide Awake" see 8.1 miles with plenty of horizon to spare?

According to the Earth Curvature Calculator there should be a drop of 26 feet.

According to the horizon calculator we should not see more than 1.9 miles.

4 minutes:

Light direction transitions at the interface of differing media with differing indexes of refraction.

So, again, WHY, pray tell, THEE Flat Earth LIES???!!!

Just because Flat Earth "believers" HATE TRUTH AND ACTUAL PHYSICAL PHENOMENA DOES NOT MEAN THEE Earth IS IN ANY WAY Flat.

Matthew 18:1-7

New International Version

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven

18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

Causing to Stumble

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!

Do YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND BigLIE, REALLY HATE LITTLE KIDS SO MUCH???!!!

The Earth is OBVIOUSLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape AND Flat Earthers LIE PROLIFICALLY!!!

Schools teach little kids the Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape BECAUSE THAT IS THEE TRUTH. Schools even go to the extent of showing how little kids can view physical phenomena to come to THEIR OWN conslusion the Earth IS SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape. Gravity is REAL and little kids are taught how to witness the effects of gravity. Index of Refraction is real and kids are shown real life examples of how light distorts due to traveling through differing media AND differing densities in media.

So, WHY, pray tell, DO Flat Earth "believers" HATE TRUTH AND LOVE LIES AND HATE LITTLE KIDS, TOO???!!!

LadyGrace'sDaddy, YOU can NOT believe in Global Positioning System Satellites AND A Flat Earth.

Well, I trust YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy (AND BigLIE), believe in Global Positioning System Satellites SO YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE IN A Flat Earth.

For GRAVITY:

What is the speed of light in 1 second?

Speed of light, speed at which light waves propagate through different materials. In particular, the value for the speed of light in a vacuum is now defined as exactly 299,792,458 metres per second.

standard acceleration of gravity

Numerical value9.806 65 m s-2

299,792,458 m/s / 9.80665 m/s^2 / 60 s/min / 60 min/hr / 24 hr/day =

353.823 days OR eleven (11) months AND twenty (20) days.

SO, a Flat Earth can NOT travel "up" at a rate of one (1) g to "give" A "false" "impression" OF Gravity. OTHERWISE WE WOULD BE TRAVELING ASTRONOMICALLY FASTER THAN THEE SPEED OF LIGHT AND INCREASING IN SPEED.

Do YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND BigLIE, see how REALLY STUPID Flat Earth "postulations" ARE AND HOW Flat Earther's DENY ACTUAL PHYSICAL PHENOMENA AND DOCTOR INFORMATION???!!!

• Upvote 3

Check out Dr Zack's explanation above - he is waaay smarter than me.

The question posted is for the answer given. They do all meet at the poles. The distance between the longitude will be wider closer to the equator. 

Take a desk top globe and look at it. Using a flat map to check a globe doesn't work. 

• Pow! 2

3 hours ago, Synopsis said:

You see, LadyGrace'sDaddy, THIS is where the LIE of the Flat Earth leads. Little kids are led astray.

So, again, WHY, pray tell, THEE Flat Earth LIES???!!!

Just because Flat Earth "believers" HATE TRUTH AND ACTUAL PHYSICAL PHENOMENA DOES NOT MEAN THEE Earth IS IN ANY WAY Flat.

Do YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND BigLIE, REALLY HATE LITTLE KIDS SO MUCH???!!!

The Earth is OBVIOUSLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape AND Flat Earthers LIE PROLIFICALLY!!!

Schools teach little kids the Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape BECAUSE THAT IS THEE TRUTH. Schools even go to the extent of showing how little kids can view physical phenomena to come to THEIR OWN conslusion the Earth IS SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape. Gravity is REAL and little kids are taught how to witness the effects of gravity. Index of Refraction is real and kids are shown real life examples of how light distorts due to traveling through differing media AND differing densities in media.

So, WHY, pray tell, DO Flat Earth "believers" HATE TRUTH AND LOVE LIES AND HATE LITTLE KIDS, TOO???!!!

LadyGrace'sDaddy, YOU can NOT believe in Global Positioning System Satellites AND A Flat Earth.

Well, I trust YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy (AND BigLIE), believe in Global Positioning System Satellites SO YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE IN A Flat Earth.

For GRAVITY:

What is the speed of light in 1 second?

Speed of light, speed at which light waves propagate through different materials. In particular, the value for the speed of light in a vacuum is now defined as exactly 299,792,458 metres per second.

standard acceleration of gravity

Numerical value9.806 65 m s-2

299,792,458 m/s / 9.80665 m/s^2 / 60 s/min / 60 min/hr / 24 hr/day =

353.823 days OR eleven (11) months AND twenty (20) days.

SO, a Flat Earth can NOT travel "up" at a rate of one (1) g to "give" A "false" "impression" OF Gravity. OTHERWISE WE WOULD BE TRAVELING ASTRONOMICALLY FASTER THAN THEE SPEED OF LIGHT AND INCREASING IN SPEED.

Do YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND BigLIE, see how REALLY STUPID Flat Earth "postulations" ARE AND HOW Flat Earther's DENY ACTUAL PHYSICAL PHENOMENA AND DOCTOR INFORMATION???!!!

When you can explain why a self professed Christian is so comfortable calling another self professed Christian names and issue insults I will answer your questions. 

Again, we will have to agree to disagree on this one Synopsis...

There are NO two ways about the shape of the Earth. The Earth is OBVIOUSLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape NOT Flat.

YOU, BigLIE, have NOT answered the question as to WHY, pray tell, YOU are LYING.

image.thumb.png.64e62dc15ce91667808f84750286ef35.png

image.thumb.png.9ffa7811950defa9af9fda6c1931f7f4.png

Do YOU, BigLIE, see how STUPID Dr. Z's video is???!!!

The Sun is nominally 93,000,000 miles from the SPHERICAL (geoidal) earth as well.

7 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

When you can explain why a self professed Christian is so comfortable calling another self professed Christian names and issue insults I will answer your questions. 

There are NO two ways about it, LadyGrace'sDaddy. To propose a Flat Earth is to LIE. No, I do NOT believe the LIE of the Flat Earth.

Flat Earth "proponents" are CLEARLY LIARS.

The irrefutable FACTS about a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth AND THE LIES OF THE Flat Earth have CLEARLY BEEN articulated.

BigLIE keeps recycling the SAME badgering FALSE Doctrine rhetoric that has been CLEARLY refuted.

So, WHY, pray tell, CONTINUE TO badger with the FALSE Doctrine rhetoric WHEN ALL KNOW IT IS A LIE???!!!

WHY, pray tell, tell little kids the LIE the Earth is Flat so THEY can be ridiculed and cause THEM to reject Jesus?

Would ANY professing believers, such as YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND BigLIE, cause the little kids to stumble by teaching the LIE of a Flat Earth?

16 minutes ago, bigwave said:

For some reason I thought that you and the others were an adults.

WHY, pray tell, deflect from the subject of YOU BigLIE, LYING to little kids NOT on THIS forum???!!!

16 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Pretty interesting choice of words "big lie" the same as used by Hillers and his propagandist. 

Flat Earth IS a LIE AND PROPAGANDA AS HAS BEEN PROVEN OVER AND OVER IN THIS THREAD.

The Flat Earth "proofs" AND videos ARE REALLY, REALLY STUPID AND OBVIOUS "dumbing" "down" TOOLS!!!

WHY, pray tell, ARE YOU, BigLIE, STUCK ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE CURVE AT THE HIGH POINT???!!!

The Dunning Kruger Effect - DEV Community

6 hours ago, Synopsis said:

YOU, BigLIE, have NOT answered the question as to WHY, pray tell, YOU are LYING

Please refrain from calling other members names and issuing insults. I don't care what you think gives you the right to do so. It's a violation of forum rules and I've given you enough hints about it. 

CONTINUE TO VIOLATE THE RULES AND YOUR POST WILL BE MODERATED. 

8 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Please refrain from calling other members names and issuing insults. I don't care what you think gives you the right to do so. It's a violation of forum rules and I've given you enough hints about it. 

CONTINUE TO VIOLATE THE RULES AND YOUR POST WILL BE MODERATED. 

Stop Lying

The REAL questions go unanswered.

The REALITY is WHEN a person LIES about the Earth Being Flat THEN THEY WILL LIE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.

HOW, pray tell, am I to trust YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND/OR BigLIE, FOR ANYTHING???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, else are YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy AND/OR BigLIE, willing to LIE about???!!!

EVEN INTENT on LYING to little kids.

NO mention is made regarding the RIDICULOUS Badgering Rhetoric of Flat Earth STUPIDITY CLEARLY EVIDENT THIS WHOLE THREAD.

WHY, pray tell, would ANYONE WANT TO BE DUMBED DOWN INTO BELIEVING THE LIE THE Earth is Flat???!!!

HERE are THEE IRREFUTABLE Flat Earth PROOFS:

As noted earlier:

In Summary For The Flat Earthers:

1. The Earth is FLAT NOT ACUTALLY BEING SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape.
  2. Gravity does NOT exist.
  3. An ACTUAL SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth rotating at four (4) minutes of time per degree of 360 degree of rotation would fling objects off the Equator at nominally 1,037.54 miles per hour.
  4. Planes travel much faster from East to West on an ACTUAL SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth since the Earth spins in a counter clockwise direction viewed from the North Pole.
  5. Global Positioning System Satellites DO NOT EXIST FOR A FLAT EARTH.
  6. The Sun AND Moon are ALWAYS above the plane of the Flat Earth AND EACH shine like a flash light to specific regions of the Earth WHILE NEVER SETTING OR RISING.
  7. The FALSE Doctrine of the Bible noting the Earth is Flat.

However, STUPID Flat Earth "proofs" DENY:

• Light direction transitions at the interface of differing media with differing indexes of refraction.
  • Gravity is real.
  • Constant angular and/or translational velocity is the basis for NOT experiencing calculable seemingly astronomical projections (acceleration or deceleration).
  • Planes fly in a generally upright position and always have an upright position in normal flight no matter what position in the sky above the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth since gravity is oriented to the center of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth.
  • There are NO Global Positioning System Satellites orbiting the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth in regular AND predictable orbital positions relative to the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth.
  • Satellites are able to orbit the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth in regular AND predictable orbital positions relative to the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth without the constant expulsion of fuel.
  • The sun rises or sets.
  • Amature astronomers are able to observe celestial bodies to note their shapes (SPHERICAL) and their trajectory in space. Additionally, software is available to predict the position of these celestial bodies whether it be planets AROUND the sun AND/OR moons around the planet. The software ALSO projects the position of the celestial bodies AND the view from ANY point on the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth AT ANY DATE OR TIME.
  • Flat Earth philosophies are a REAL practice to dumb people down to get more Liberal "thinkers" AND OTHER "useful" "idiots".
  • Flat Earthers are LIARS AND concoct THEIR FALSE "evidence" in an attempt to dumb others down and to join their "woke" ranks.
  • Flat Earthers LOVE LIES AND HATE THE TRUTH.
  • BigLIE has been LYING this WHOLE thread.

NOTHING I have posted HERE is a LIE.

So, again, the question THAT remains unanswered is, "WHY, pray tell, the LIES of a Flat Earth???!!!"

37 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

NOTHING I have posted HERE is a LIE.

As is NOTHING I  and or Bigwave have posted is a lie to us. Your failure to grasp the difference between an opinion and a lie lowers your argument the level of elementary bickering and is not worth continuing. 

His Screen name is BIGWAVE. 

And we are not proposing anything WE CONSIDER a lie. We are simply giving our opinions. 

2nd warning 

I like you and I know you are smarter than your debate here. You are capable of understanding the difference between a liar and an opinion. 

Please don't make unwarranted false representations of people's screen names and stop calling people liars simply because you disagree with their opinions.

You're not going to like what happens if you continue to violate forum rules.