Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

48 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Still no picture of Earth and the 7 continents.

Someone in the Flat Earth Society can launch a balloon to the edge of space and take a picture.  :shrug: 

i can't tell where you are going with this...oh wait, i see, you think the flat earth is going to show seven continents all at once. and you would be right. but all the images we have are of nasa cgi!!!

7 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Yeah, I agree, LadyGrace'sDaddy, it is VERY sad when people can harass others with FALSE Flat Earth Doctrine and decry those who point out the errors of Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine.

Synopsis, this is actually fun stuff. I am having a good time. The reason i come to DV is cuz i like to go into threads to peak my curiosity... its not harassment when you open the door yourself...or is it?!

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

This as well as ALL other Flat Earth postulations have been addressed.

For review:

Earth/Diameter
7,917.5 mi

image.jpeg.7732709316d038f2f3c04e0a9f3a0dac.jpeg

Earth/Circumference
24,901 mi

image.jpeg.c7545e415905ff97dacf15a0db09e4a4.jpeg

There are 24 hrs x 60 minutes = 1,440 minutes.

There are 360 degrees in a circle taken to be the circle at the Equator of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth.

1,440 minutes / 360 degrees = Four (4) minutes per degree of rotation.

Would ANYONE be able to see the Earth spin AT THAT RATE???!!!

Sure, tangential velocity IS at the Equator of SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth:

24,901 miles / 24 hours = 1,037.54 miles per hour.

The angular velocity of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth is fifteen (15) degrees per hour and is CONSTANT.

THEREFORE, NO ONE IS THROWN OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH DUE TO THE CONSTANT RATE OF ROTATION OF THE EARTH.

Driving a car at a constant speed of 70 miles per hours does NOT mean the cell phone will smash into the rear window when You drop it into the console, front seat, etc.

SAME THING with a CONSTANT angular velocity of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth of fifteen (15) degrees per hour having a constant tangential velocity of 1,037.54 miles per hour at the SPHERICAL (geoidal) shaped Earth Equator.

Make sense NOW how STUPID AND "intellectually" "challenged" Flat Earth "beliefs" are when REAL Logic, Decency, Reason, AND, of course, Common Sense is applied???!!!

Your math is correct. Why can't we see it spin, i can see the second hand move, why don't we have video of it moving?

And i just had a thought, if at the equator the distance is 24k and moving at 1000 mph (give or take) then what is happening at the top and bottom of the spinning globe...does time stop...

7 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

and the test you are talking about is called "operation fishbowl"

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that don't tell ya all you need  to know.

1 minute ago, PeaceSign said:

Synopsis, this is actually fun stuff. I am having a good time. The reason i come to DV is cuz i like to go into threads to peak my curiosity... its not harassment when you open the door yourself...or is it?!

You should know, a few yrs ago when you posted under the avatar of Peace, I followed a thread where you were questioning the shape of the earth. At the time I thought you were insane but I read with an open mind. I couldn't deny that some  of the evidence you posted made sense so I did the one thing that no one here will do. I took it to God in prayer. And by that I mean deep and long prayer for several months. I made it clear to the Lord that I wasn't going to stop asking until he told me himself the truth. Then one day, SUDDENLY, I received my answer. 

I wanted you to know that it was your thoughts and ponderings on this issue that brought me to a clearer understanding of not only this world but of my Lord himself. 

God bless you and thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Global Positioning Satellites are NOT possible in a Flat Earth model.

I believe THIS is Your noted "Common Frame of Reference".

IF You or anyone believe in a Flat Earth, then the very same person(s) can NOT believe in Global Positioning Satellites whereas Global Positioning Satellites then become a part of the conspiracy narrative stating a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth is a conspiracy.

59 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Still no picture of Earth and the 7 continents.

Someone in the Flat Earth Society can launch a balloon to the edge of space and take a picture.  :shrug: 

Unfortunately, the true flat earth society was hijacked in the seventies (the date is off) it is now controlled opposition. The couple who started it and had their own resevoir of info had a thief burn their house down... to me it is another takeover of an organization...kinda like how all grassroot organizations get taken over by the opposition. like the tea party hijacked by freedomworks, the occupy movement hijacked by moveon.org and how the original black panther party was about equal rights but was hijacked and turned into the new black panther party which has nothing to do with the original. the hijack and control. its what "they" whom control the narratives do.

govern = control

ment= mind

who is in control of your mind...God or Man ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You should know, a few yrs ago when you posted under the avatar of Peace, I followed a thread where you were questioning the shape of the earth. At the time I thought you were insane but I read with an open mind. I couldn't deny that some  of the evidence you posted made sense so I did the one thing that no one here will do. I took it to God in prayer. And by that I mean deep and long prayer for several months. I made it clear to the Lord that I wasn't going to stop asking until he told me himself the truth. Then one day, SUDDENLY, I received my answer. 

I wanted you to know that it was your thoughts and ponderings on this issue that brought me to a clearer understanding of not only this world but of my Lord himself. 

I remember the moment it was september 2015! i was asking google, why do chicagoans see a green beam of light from japan? i didn't know iota on the flat earth, didn't know it was a thing, but then youtube started recommending flat earth videos (strange ones) and i initially laughed then one night i saw ten flat earth proofs from eric dubay and i was actually like, "uuuuhhhhhhhhh what he said just made sense" and that is what opened the door for me...i couldn't remember my last screen name! so i couldn't find all that ! thanks for reminding me...

• Thanks 1

Global Positioning Satellites are NOT possible in a Flat Earth model.

I believe THIS is Your noted "Common Frame of Reference".

IF You or anyone believe in a Flat Earth, then the very same person(s) can NOT believe in Global Positioning Satellites whereas Global Positioning Satellites then become a part of the conspiracy narrative stating a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth is a conspiracy.

why cant they be fixed?

18 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

i just tried to search youtube for that 10 minute video by eric dubay on the flat earth proofs, cannot find it?! but boy do i find all flat earth debunked stuff....i remember when there were loads of flat earth videos coming out,,, you can't find them anymore!!! they harangue you with how flat earthers are trolls...lol...and thats how they do it.

1 hour ago, PeaceSign said:

why cant they be fixed?

The SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth gravitational rotational inertia is a key force that keeps SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth satellites in SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth orbit.

In a Flat Earth model, what goes up MUST come down due to gravity. So, NO Global Positioning System Satellites POSSIBLE with a Flat Earth.

NO doubt about it.

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

After nearly 80 yrs of so called space travel this is the reason that the Space Station is only 400 miles up. And at that distance you cannot see the whole of the circumference of the earth. But you can see enough to know that the earth is not a sphere. 

Pretty cool SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth Space Station Video!!!

9 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Yeah, I agree, LadyGrace'sDaddy, it is VERY sad when people can harass others with FALSE Flat Earth Doctrine and decry those who point out the errors of Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine.

Well, OK, opening the door of Biblical FALSE Doctrine like a Flat Earth is NOT my idea of a good thing.

• Like 1

Your math is correct. Why can't we see it spin, i can see the second hand move, why don't we have video of it moving?

Try looking at an hour hand on a 24 hour clock. I doubt anyone could see the instantaneous movement on the 24 hour clock hand. Same thing with the Earth. Fifteen (15) degrees of 360 degrees in an hour is pretty hard to detect with the naked eye unless using sped up time lapse.

And i just had a thought, if at the equator the distance is 24k and moving at 1000 mph (give or take) then what is happening at the top and bottom of the spinning globe...does time stop...

It is the same SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth that rotates at the same angular velocity relative to the axis of spin no matter where the point of reference. So, no, time does not stop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i just tried to search youtube for that 10 minute video by eric dubay on the flat earth proofs, cannot find it?! but boy do i find all flat earth debunked stuff....i remember when there were loads of flat earth videos coming out,,, you can't find them anymore!!! they harangue you with how flat earthers are trolls...lol...and thats how they do it.

The "so" "called" Flat Earth "proofs" have valid physical phenomena associated with the "proofs" overlooked or just plain misrepresented by Flat Earth "proponents".

The US Navy has been bouncing lasers from the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth surface to man made SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth satellites in SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth orbit then back to the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth surface with high precision since the 1970's.

The physical SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth world as we know it would NOT be possible with simultaneous FLAT Earth phenomena simultaneously existing.

Flat Earth is a conspiracy to dumb people down so we can ALL pick out who the "affected" are.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

The SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth gravitational rotational inertia is a key force that keeps SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth satellites in SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth orbit.

In a Flat Earth model, what goes up MUST come down due to gravity. So, NO Global Positioning System Satellites POSSIBLE with a Flat Earth.

NO doubt about it.

In a "flat earth model" its not called gravity it is called density and what goes up may not necessarily come down...Yes GPS is possible on a flat earth because it is flat! There is def doubt.

Those satellites will fall once they run out of gas. Its not held magically in orbit...Just like those rockets that you always see going up and then immediately curving downward and crashing. No orbital pull. Now if you can make a rocket out of gas that is less dense than the gas beneath it then a rocket is possible...its density not gravity.

17 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

The "so" "called" Flat Earth "proofs" have valid physical phenomena associated with the "proofs" overlooked or just plain misrepresented by Flat Earth "proponents".

The US Navy has been bouncing lasers from the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth surface to man made SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth satellites in SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth orbit then back to the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth surface with high precision since the 1970's.

The physical SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth world as we know it would NOT be possible with simultaneous FLAT Earth phenomena simultaneously existing.

Flat Earth is a conspiracy to dumb people down so we can ALL pick out who the "affected" are.

The same argument can be made for flat earth. Let me show you.

"The US Navy has been bouncing laser from the FLAT (geocentric) Earth surface to man made Flat (geocentric) Earth satellites in Flat (geocentric) Earth CIRCUIT then back to the Flat (Geocentric) Earth surface with high precision since the 1970's."

"The physical Flat (geocentric) Earth world as we know it would be possible without simultaneous Globe Earth phenomena simultaneously existing."

"The Globe Earth is a conspiracy to dumb people down so we can ALL pick out who the "affected" are."

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Try looking at an hour hand on a 24 hour clock. I doubt anyone could see the instantaneous movement on the 24 hour clock hand. Same thing with the Earth. Fifteen (15) degrees of 360 degrees in an hour is pretty hard to detect with the naked eye unless using sped up time lapse.

It is the same SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth that rotates at the same angular velocity relative to the axis of spin no matter where the point of reference. So, no, time does not stop.

Again, where is the video, i mean i want to watch it, i have the time to.  So as an independent researcher i should be able to acknowledge this myself, not blindly believe it.

we are not spinning. but the sun is going around us in a 24 hour period in a circuit, above a fixed earth.

Just now, PeaceSign said:

In a "flat earth model" its not called gravity it is called density and what goes up may not necessarily come down...Yes GPS is possible on a flat earth because it is flat! There is def doubt.

Objects regardless of density respond to gravity. Without gravity, objects will remain in a fixed position or trajectory with respect to each other.

So, NO, GPS is NOT possible with a Flat Earth since the gravitational pull of the (Flat in THIS instance) Earth will pull the satellites back down.

The concept of "density" NOT gravity is a FALSE concept Flat Earth proponents use as THEIR conspiracy to dumb people down so we ALL know who the "affected" are.

5 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

Those satellites will fall once they run out of gas. Its not held magically in orbit...Just like those rockets that you always see going up and then immediately curving downward and crashing. No orbital pull. Now if you can make a rocket out of gas that is less dense than the gas beneath it then a rocket is possible...its density not gravity.

Once in orbit, the ONLY fuel the rockets use is for minute course correction. SO, NO "gas" is needed to keep them in orbit. The SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth rotational inertia is what keeps the satellites in orbit without the aide of fuel.

Again, the issue of "density not gravity" is a Flat Earth conspiracy to dump people down so we ALL know who the "affected" are.

For example, gravity is active in the vacuum of space so the SPHERICAL Moon orbits AROUND the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth. The vacuum of space has extremely minute amounts of matter except for rare passing of interplanetary material like asteroids.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

Objects regardless of density respond to gravity. Without gravity, objects will remain in a fixed position or trajectory with respect to each other.

So, NO, GPS is NOT possible with a Flat Earth since the gravitational pull of the (Flat in THIS instance) Earth will pull the satellites back down.

The concept of "density" NOT gravity is a FALSE concept Flat Earth proponents use as THEIR conspiracy to dumb people down so we ALL know who the "affected" are.

Once in orbit, the ONLY fuel the rockets use is for minute course correction. SO, NO "gas" is needed to keep them in orbit. The SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth rotational inertia is what keeps the satellites in orbit without the aide of fuel.

Again, the issue of "density not gravity" is a Flat Earth conspiracy to dump people down so we ALL know who the "affected" are.

For example, gravity is active in the vacuum of space so the SPHERICAL Moon orbits AROUND the SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth. The vacuum of space has extremely minute amounts of matter except for rare passing of interplanetary material like asteroids.

if the vacuum of space were real then everything would be imploding in on itself. it isn't real. There wouldn't even be an atmosphere. Becaue if a true vacuum is in play then everything would be smashed toghether. No vacuum. And not everything that rises falls. Helium and Neon hang out up at the top...and the satellites that do fly in the air need gas which is why they have gas. Now most of the satellites are fixed because the earth is flat. This is why when you visit flagstaff you see those towers on top of the mountain cuz they need the high point for the signals to pass. its flat and the "satellites" are on tops of buildings and mountains.

9 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

who the "affected" are.

Look at the Nile river run "up-hill":

OB-WV150_0325ha_J_20130325175233.jpg

http://historicaleve.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/map-with-nile-river-basin.-Where-was-the-nile-river-born.png

Look where Kenya is- down by the equator so the longest river in the world runs up hill when it only has a drop of about 1 foot the whole way:

R7379093_R7379093_A.jpg

image.png.ce39a168c647d042e0aa1dd0baa6e4ca.png