Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

22 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Kind of fun to take them to task.

Like CLEARLY demonstrating YOU, BigWave, are a Dunning-Kruger "peaked" confidence + low/no knowledge poster child with YOUR, BigWave, Flat Earth idioms?

15 minutes ago, bigwave said:

NASA-earth-phots-1978-2012-780x400.jpeg

So what?

The position with relation to the SPHEREICAL (geoidal) Earth is slightly different.

24 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Now I ain't to smart but I did graduate from the 6th grade twice so I really do have a 12th grade education.

What pussells me is why does nasa give us a different picture every time?

image.png.01369bf5aa70a1a26bca2eaded03cc5d.png

Now don't try and talk over me head on this one now....

So what?

Potentially different cameras or film or digital camera or amount of camera lens exposure can readily explain the differences in the picture hues.

Will the "real earth" please stand up?

earth-atmosphere-378679.jpg

1191_JSC2016E096363.jpg

I doubt the Earth "stands".

15 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Amasing that a helochopter can work in 100 times less atmosphere than that on earth - what will "they" think of next?

Mars-Gallery.jpg?w=630

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bigwave said:

The one picture of "mars" is pretty flat and then nasa gives us this:

Gallery-nasa-2.jpg?w=630

Wow mars is as big as a gym ball - who would have thought?

Who cares?

Did NASA represent Mars being as being a big as a gym ball?

The camera may have been designed for very close ups of the surface of Mars and not for the long range picture as shown here.

34 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Sorry LGD, for some reason I could not resist. Kind of fun to take them to task.

It's all good, there's a message in what is happening here now also. 

32 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Yes that’s my pow! The most simplistic way to explain why the earth is not flat is time zones. In a flat earth the sun would come up at the same time over the entire world and set at the same time all over the world. We all know the sun sets and rises at different times. It’s really that simple.

Unless of course the sun not only travels around the earth but moves in towards the center and out towards the edges every year. 

29 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Once a person is exposed to Biblical FALSE Doctrine and sees the outcome in other venues, THEN the Battle becomes REAL at whatever venue because the consequences of the outcome are dire and not without being held to account.

Common Biblical Sense would readily dismiss the Flat Earth "model".

Let's stick to that. Further investigation in the Biblical notations as I have noted previously dismisses ANY Flat Earth Biblical FALSE Doctrine.

The Satanic and Demonic Forces ALWAYS twist Scripture like saying the Earth is Flat.

2 Chronicles 20:15

And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

So why are you the one fighting it?

It makes no matter to me if you believe the truth or not. That is between you and God. And I have no say in such things. Thus I don't see this as a battle. I am but  a voice crying in the wilderness, do with that what you will. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord as directed by the Spirit. I don't get angry anymore and I don't wish to fight with you or anyone ever again. I know that is not my place. I know that if

an army of Egyptians numbering in the thousands come against me they will face the Power of the Almighty. The only thing I have to do is Stand in my Faith that my God is greater than anything and everything as he is the one who Created all of it. Let go of your anger and stop fighting Gods wars. That is what I meant by saying, know your place in the Kingdom of Heaven. 

10 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Like CLEARLY demonstrating YOU, BigWave, are a Dunning-Kruger "peaked" confidence + low/no knowledge poster child with YOUR, BigWave, Flat Earth idioms?

Come on Brother. I know that you love the Lord. But if the Spirit was with you on this one then why the need to be insulting? That is not of the Lord. Don't you know that the Pharisees talked with the same spirit to Jesus? 

We are just the Children of the Most High Living God. He's the Daddy and he's VERY PROTECTIVE of his Children. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

36 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Wow, look at all them satellites, (pretty picture of "earth" in the background too):

ff90a8b5e7870661e7d8b651e7e17d33.jpg

Well, OK, Reason AND, of course, Common Sense notes the point depicting the satellite is FAR greater than the satellite itself in proportion to the Earth's diameter of nominally 7,920 miles at the Equator. The point depicting the satellite is to be visible to the eye on the noted graphic.

The picture is nominally 3" in diameter.

For demonstration purposes ONLY, let's say a satellite is 100 feet in diameter.

SO.........................................................

7,920 miles x 5,280 feet = 41,817,600 feet.

3 inches / 41,817,600 feet x 100 feet x 12 inches/foot = 8.609 x 10^-5 inches.

I hardly think the eye could see a dot THAT small if in relation to the size of the SPHERICAL (geoidal) earth. Most screen densities do NOT have a technology to represent a dot THAT small.

So, BigWave, WHAT, pray tell, is YOUR point with espousing the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine?

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

Yes that’s my pow! The most simplistic way to explain why the earth is not flat is time zones. In a flat earth the sun would come up at the same time over the entire world and set at the same time all over the world. We all know the sun sets and rises at different times. It’s really that simple.

Great Point, CaddieMan!!!

Many, many people have had teleconferences with others on the opposite site of the world AND must account for the noted time zones on a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth.

Hey, stay tuned, likely even MORE Flat Earth idioms on the way!!!

something to think about....

I do know that our God is a God of order.  His handiwork is constantly on display as a testament to His awesomeness.

Step back, look at the big picture of God's precision and creation.  Ask yourself this question.

Why does the rest of the observable universe display spherical stars, planets, and moons, along with their orbits and relationship to each other, but the Earth would break from this overarching theme?

I have never read any scripture that plainly states the Earth is flat or spherical...

It is not a salvation issue.

It can be a false doctrine issue.

If there is a verse that stands out and doesn't seem to fit quite right, run it through the filter of the rest of scripture.  Let God's word interperet and fortify itself.  Pray for clarity and disernment. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

17 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Come on Brother. I know that you love the Lord. But if the Spirit was with you on this one then why the need to be insulting? That is not of the Lord. Don't you know that the Pharisees talked with the same spirit to Jesus? 

We are just the Children of the Most High Living God. He's the Daddy and he's VERY PROTECTIVE of his Children. 

Titus 1:12-16

New International Version

12 One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”[a] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

1 Timothy 1:3-7

Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

As gently and firmly as I can warn You, LadyGrace'sDaddy and BigWave, drop AND renounce the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine since the Bible does NOT say there is a Flat Earth while the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine ONLY further leads to lies.

What kind of testimony to the WONDERFUL TRUTH of Salvation will be rejected by others because YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy And BigWave, promote the FALSE Doctrine of a Flat Earth?

1 Timothy 1:18-20

The Charge to Timothy Renewed

18 Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, 19 holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith. 20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

2 Timothy 2:16-18

16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, outlawclg said:

I do know that our God is a God of order.  His handiwork is constantly on display as a testament to His awesomeness.

Step back, look at the big picture of God's precision and creation.  Ask yourself this question.

Why does the rest of the observable universe display spherical stars, planets, and moons, along with their orbits and relationship to each other, but the Earth would break from this overarching theme?

I have never read any scripture that plainly states the Earth is flat or spherical...

If there is a verse that stands out and doesn't seem to fit quite right, run it through the filter of the rest of scripture.  Let God's word interperet and fortify itself.  Pray for clarity and disernment. 

Thank You for Your wonderful and gracious comments, outlawclg.

Here is a Scripture I believe depicts the Earth is SPHERICAL:

Isaiah 40:21-22

New English Translation

21 Do you not know?
Do you not hear?
Has it not been told to you since the very beginning?
Have you not understood from the time the earth’s foundations were made?
22 He is the one who sits on the earth’s horizon;[a]
its inhabitants are like grasshoppers before him.[b]
He is the one who stretches out the sky like a thin curtain,[c]
and spreads it out[d] like a pitched tent.[e]

Read full chapter

Footnotes

Isaiah 40:22 tn Heb “the circle of the earth” (so KJV, NIV, NRSV, NLT).

Isaiah 40:22 tn The words “before him” are supplied in the translation for clarification.

Isaiah 40:22 tn The otherwise unattested noun דֹּק (doq), translated here “thin curtain,” is apparently derived from the verbal root דקק (“crush”) from which is derived the adjective דַּק (daq, “thin”; see HALOT 229 s.v. דקק). The nuance “curtain” is implied from the parallelism (see “tent” in the next line).

Isaiah 40:22 tn The meaning of the otherwise unattested verb מָתַח (matakh, “spread out”) is determined from the parallelism (note the corresponding verb “stretch out” in the previous line) and supported by later Hebrew and Aramaic cognates. See HALOT 654 s.v. *מתה.

Isaiah 40:22 tn Heb “like a tent [in which] to live”; NAB, NASB “like a tent to dwell (live NIV, NRSV) in.”

Here the Earth's Horizon is depicted as "the circle of the earth".

For example, the Earth's horizon is as laterally as far as the eye can see in every direction on every point on Earth. In every direction the Earth is viewed as a circle at every point on Earth. This can ONLY happen if the Earth is a SPHERE while it would be a FALSE interpretation to say the Earth is Flat.

Also, God (He as noted in the verse) is infinite so no matter where HE is, the Earth would be viewed as a circle further AND strongly indicating the Earth is SPHERICAL.

Again, the main consideration is other's hearing that people who believe in the TRUTH of the Bible that ALSO believe the Earth is Flat will then reject the Gift Of Salvation knowing a FLAT Earth is a LIE incorrectly believing the rest of the Bible is a lie, too.

The futile attempts of Flat Earth proponents to disprove a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth by baseless claims, viewpoints, and incorrect use of physical phenomena are a laughing stock to others who know the physical truth the Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) and FALSELY laugh at the rest of the Bible.

So, YES, ABSOLUTELY, dispensing the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine is critical so non believers in Jesus Christ have further reason to note the TRUTH of the Free Gift Of Salvation in God The Son Jesus Christ from the ABSOLUTELY TRUTHFUL Bible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

As gently and firmly as I can warn You, LadyGrace'sDaddy and BigWave, drop AND renounce the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine since the Bible does NOT say there is a Flat Earth while the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine ONLY further leads to lies.

What kind of testimony to the WONDERFUL TRUTH of Salvation will be rejected by others because YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy And BigWave, promote the FALSE Doctrine of a Flat Earth?

As I've told you, you cannot change my mind from believing what God himself has told me. 

You can rebuke me and like that little annoying  @Fly drop your rubies but I simply am not  going to deny what the Father of all Creation has personally told me. You can call me a heathen and mock my salvation to all ends but you will never take away my relationship with God the Father Almighty. Remember, I am not fighting a battle, you are. Thus you may be fighting against the very God you love. 

Oh and how this for a biblical reference to the shape of the earth?

Isaiah 40:22

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

WOW, He sees men as grasshoppers. Talk about knowing your position. 

First you should understand that a CIRCLE is not a SPHERE.

Now please show me how you would put a CANOPY on a sphere, or how you would 

put a tent over a sphere. The only explanation you have here is to claim that the word of 

God is wrong. Not that God is wrong but the men that he chose to write his word were wrong. But what does that say about God who thus allowed this to happen?

Please do not think that I'm suggesting that the earth is some kind of Flat thing floating around in space like you see on Star Trek. The above verse tells you exactly where the earth is. In the Throne Room of God before the very THRONE OF GOD. 

Isaiah 66:1

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You for Your wonderful and gracious comments, outlawclg.

Here is a Scripture I believe depicts the Earth is SPHERICAL:

New English Translation

21 Do you not know?
Do you not hear?

Read full chapter

Footnotes

Isaiah 40:22 tn The words “before him” are supplied in the translation for clarification.

Isaiah 40:22 tn The otherwise unattested noun דֹּק (doq), translated here “thin curtain,” is apparently derived from the verbal root דקק (“crush”) from which is derived the adjective דַּק (daq, “thin”; see HALOT 229 s.v. דקק). The nuance “curtain” is implied from the parallelism (see “tent” in the next line).

Isaiah 40:22 tn The meaning of the otherwise unattested verb מָתַח (matakh, “spread out”) is determined from the parallelism (note the corresponding verb “stretch out” in the previous line) and supported by later Hebrew and Aramaic cognates. See HALOT 654 s.v. *מתה.

Isaiah 40:22 tn Heb “like a tent [in which] to live”; NAB, NASB “like a tent to dwell (live NIV, NRSV) in.”

Here the Earth's Horizon is depicted as "the circle of the earth".

For example, the Earth's horizon is as laterally as far as the eye can see in every direction on every point on Earth. In every direction the Earth is viewed as a circle at every point on Earth. This can ONLY happen if the Earth is a SPHERE while it would be a FALSE interpretation to say the Earth is Flat.

Also, God (He as noted in the verse) is infinite so no matter where HE is, the Earth would be viewed as a circle further AND strongly indicating the Earth is SPHERICAL.

Again, the main consideration is other's hearing that people who believe in the TRUTH of the Bible that ALSO believe the Earth is Flat will then reject the Gift Of Salvation knowing a FLAT Earth is a LIE incorrectly believing the rest of the Bible is a lie, too.

The futile attempts of Flat Earth proponents to disprove a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth by baseless claims, viewpoints, and incorrect use of physical phenomena are a laughing stock to others who know the physical truth the Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) and FALSELY laugh at the rest of the Bible.

So, YES, ABSOLUTELY, dispensing the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine is critical so non believers in Jesus Christ have further reason to note the TRUTH of the Free Gift Of Salvation in God The Son Jesus Christ from the ABSOLUTELY TRUTHFUL Bible.

Sorry my friend but this is where I leave you to your own devices. It is imposable to teach someone that cannot see what is the differences between a circle and a sphere. And to continue in this conversation is only going to illicit further anger. I Love you and wish you well my Brother. :tiphat:

2 Thessalonians 2:11

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

As I've told you, you cannot change my mind from believing what God himself has told me. 

You can rebuke me and like that little annoying  @Fly drop your rubies but I simply am not  going to deny what the Father of all Creation has personally told me. You can call me a heathen and mock my salvation to all ends but you will never take away my relationship with God the Father Almighty. Remember, I am not fighting a battle, you are. Thus you may be fighting against the very God you love. 

Oh and how this for a biblical reference to the shape of the earth?

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

WOW, He sees men as grasshoppers. Talk about knowing your position. 

First you should understand that a CIRCLE is not a SPHERE.

Now please show me how you would put a CANOPY on a sphere, or how you would 

put a tent over a sphere. The only explanation you have here is to claim that the word of 

God is wrong. Not that God is wrong but the men that he chose to write his word were wrong. But what does that say about God who thus allowed this to happen?

Please do not think that I'm suggesting that the earth is some kind of Flat thing floating around in space like you see on Star Trek. The above verse tells you exactly where the earth is. In the Throne Room of God before the very THRONE OF GOD. 

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

14 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

New English Translation

21 Do you not know?
Do you not hear?

Read full chapter

Footnotes

This should explain your misunderstanding of what Scripture ACTUALLY says.

A pitched, tent?

ABSOLUTELY, the Earth's atmosphere covers the SPHERICAL Earth like a tent or thin curtain. The reference notes a parallelism from the Hebrew is used and noted here.

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Isaiah 66:1-2

New English Translation

66 This is what the Lord says:
“The heavens are my throne
and the earth is my footstool.
Where then is the house you will build for me?
Where is the place where I will rest?
2 My hand made them;[a]
that is how they came to be,”[b] says the Lord.
“I show special favor[c] to the humble and contrite,

who respect what I have to say.[d]

Read full chapter

Footnotes

Isaiah 66:2 tn Heb “all these.” The phrase refers to the heavens and earth, mentioned in the previous verse.

Isaiah 66:2 tn Heb “and all these were.” Some prefer to emend וַיִּהְיוּ (vayyihyu, “and they were”) to וְלִי הָיוּ (veli hayu, “and to me they were”), i.e., “and they belong to me.”

Isaiah 66:2 tn Heb “and to this one I look” (KJV and NASB both similar).

Isaiah 66:2 tn Heb “to the humble and the lowly in spirit and the one who trembles at my words.”

Psalm 110:1

New English Translation

Psalm 110[a]

A psalm of David.

110 Here is the Lord’s proclamation[b] to my lord:[c]
“Sit down at my right hand[d] until I make your enemies your footstool.”[e]

Read full chapter

Footnotes

Psalm 110:1 sn Psalm 110. In this royal psalm the psalmist announces God’s oracle to the Davidic king. The first part of the oracle appears in v. 1, the second in v. 4. In vv. 2-3 the psalmist addresses the king, while in vv. 5-7 he appears to address God.

Psalm 110:1 tn The word נְאֻם (neʾum) is used frequently in the OT of a formal divine announcement through a prophet.

Psalm 110:1 sn My lord. In the psalm’s original context the speaker is an unidentified prophetic voice in the royal court, likely addressing David, the head of the dynasty. In the course of time the psalm is applied to each successive king in the dynasty, and is likely understood as such by David (see 2 Sam 7:11-14, 19). Since the Psalm as a whole is attributed to David, it is appropriate to speak of any of its parts as coming from him, whether he composed them, reported them, or commissioned them. Ultimately these words come to apply to the ideal Davidic king, specifically Jesus Christ, the Son of David. Thus, in the irony of the incarnation, the lord who receives the promise is the Lord who made the promise. This creates some complexity in typographic convention, as NET chooses to use lower case here in the Psalm (“my lord”) due to its original context, even though we now know it to be ultimately fulfilled by our Lord. The Greek translation introduces more difficulty because it uses κύριος (kurios, “lord”) for both the Lord’s name, יהוה (YHWH, probably pronounced “Yahweh”) and the title אֲדוֹנַי (ʾadonay, “Lord”) (the word here is not the title, but simply “lord” [אָדוֺן, ʾadon] with the suffix “my”). This complexity and irony are the grounds for the riddle posed by Jesus in the gospels (Matt 22:43-45; Mark 12:36-37; Luke 20:42-44), which the Pharisees could not solve because they were not expecting the Davidic lord to be the Lord. Peter incorporates the answer “that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ” into his sermon at Pentecost (Acts 2:34-35).

Psalm 110:1 sn To sit at the “right hand” of the king was an honor (see 1 Kgs 2:19). The Lord’s invitation to the Davidic king to sit down at his right hand reflects the king’s position as the Lord’s vice-regent. In Ugaritic myth (CTA 4 v. 108-10) the artisan god Kothar-wa-Khasis is described as sitting at the right hand of the storm god Baal. See G. R. Driver, Canaanite Myths and Legends, 61-62.

Psalm 110:1 sn When the Lord made his covenant with David, he promised to subdue the king’s enemies (see 2 Sam 7:9-11; Ps 89:22-23).

The term "footstool" likely references ALL Creation as being subject to HIM. If not now because of rebellion then ultimately at the time of HIS choosing and accountability.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Sorry my friend but this is where I leave you to your own devices. It is imposable to teach someone that cannot see what is the differences between a circle and a sphere. And to continue in this conversation is only going to illicit further anger. I Love you and wish you well my Brother. :tiphat:

New English Translation

11 Consequently[a] God sends on them a deluding influence[b] so that they will believe what is false.

Read full chapter

Footnotes

2 Thessalonians 2:11 tn Grk “and for this reason.”

2 Thessalonians 2:11 tn Grk “a working of error.”

So, why, LadyGrace'sDaddy, espousing or defending the FALSE Doctrine of a Flat Earth? The Holy Spirit would NEVER tell or incline ANYONE to believe a LIE.

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

I am doing everything I can to Love You, LadyGrace'sDaddy and BigWave, as noted in verse 5 to present clear Biblically based doctrine to give clear reason to renounce and repent of Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine so the both of You are not as susceptible to other FALSE Doctrines then falsely representing Scriptures to others as a basis for others rejecting the TRUTH of the Scriptures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, outlawclg said:

Well thought out, good post.

There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He is stretching out the heavens like a fine gauze, And he spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isa 40:22)

Circle

CIRCLE, noun

1. In geometry, a plane figure comprehended by a single curve line, called its circumference, every part of which is equally distant from a point called the center. Of course all lines drawn from the center to the circumference or periphery, are equal to each other.

2. In popular use, the line that comprehends the figure, the plane or surface comprehended, and the whole body or solid matter of a round substance, are denominated a circle; a ring; an orb; the earth.

Another scripture to humbly consider if wondering what the point is too a thread entitled, “NOTHING YOU SEE HERE IS REAL”

Heb 4:12—For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.

8 hours ago, outlawclg said:

Actually none of the planets or the sun or the moon are shown to be spherical with the naked eye. The moon always appears to be one sided and flat and circular. The seven planets are called "wondering stars" and if you look through a telescope they look exactly like a star just bigger and of a different color. And it looks like light. The pics NASA shows you are not real. They say it themselves. 

Also here is something interesting. The first director of NASA was a Nazi scientist, brought over during "operation paperclip" and on his tombstone it simply is written. Psalms 19:1 

Psalms 19:1

1. The heaven declare the glory of God; and the FIRMAMENT sheweth his handywork.

and if you continue reading through 19:1 - 6 it talks about the sun being set on a circuit. Not orbit around a ball but a circuit applies to a circle.

The only proof at the the end of the day isn't from books or other men. It is from our own perspective. Here is mine. I am standing on the Earth. So since that is my perspective of all the other planets i argue on the side of geocentrics (earth centered) vs heliocentrics which is (sun centered).

I'm not standing on the sun. My perspective is standing on the Earth. So already im gonna have to start from there. Then when you observe the night sky you will always see one star fixed, and you will see the stars moving around it. The constellations don't morph into new constellations, why is that?! I mean if we were hurling and spinning and spiraling through the void then our parallax (angle to any point) would be constantly changing, and so the constellations would be morphing into different connect the dot structures. But that is not what is happening, we continue to see the same fixed constellations. And within the zodiacal belt (the 12 major constellations where the sun travels in a circuit) all the other planets move also on a circuit in concentric rings. Closer or further away. Saturn is the furthest circuit. Its like the hole in the center of the record is earth (which is fixed), then all those concentric rings are the circuits of the planets, going around in a circle, some moving faster, like the moon goes faster than the sun, saturn is the slowest taking 29 years to make one circle. That is what we see. So why hasn't the circuits changed? Or the shapes of the constellations?

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

6 hours ago, Synopsis said:

New English Translation

11 Consequently[a] God sends on them a deluding influence[b] so that they will believe what is false.

Read full chapter

Footnotes

2 Thessalonians 2:11 tn Grk “and for this reason.”

2 Thessalonians 2:11 tn Grk “a working of error.”

So, why, LadyGrace'sDaddy, espousing or defending the FALSE Doctrine of a Flat Earth? The Holy Spirit would NEVER tell or incline ANYONE to believe a LIE.

I am doing everything I can to Love You, LadyGrace'sDaddy and BigWave, as noted in verse 5 to present clear Biblically based doctrine to give clear reason to renounce and repent of Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine so the both of You are not as susceptible to other FALSE Doctrines then falsely representing Scriptures to others as a basis for others rejecting the TRUTH of the Scriptures.

I don't see how a flat earth is diverting from the Law?

The Law is the knowledge of one Power. Not two Powers. The story of Adam and Eve is describing how they ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge between good and evil, where they fell and became aware of two powers. Good and Evil. The Law is remembering that there is only one power and that the belief in two powers is error. 

The belief in good and evil is mans current dilemma. Because once i say or believe something is good im automatically implying that there is an opposite ergo evil. or the moment is say something is evil i auto imply its opposite, that something is good. The reality is that good and evil are on the same line just opposite one another. So the challenge for man is to stop believing in two powers. 

Which brings me to the one power which is that there is a prime mover (the one) NOT many just One. And that this prime mover is the only truth. If you stray from the recognition of the one power you have "fallen". Your belief in good and evil has causen you to see through blinders.

One Will and that is Gods Will to Truth which is that there is only one Power and to get in line with that so that we can move gracefully onward. God doesn't want us to error but we have free will. That is the challenge of being here is to awaken to the one power and not two. 

The actual Law. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Here the Earth's Horizon is depicted as "the circle of the earth". we agree with that, of course im speaking for others, but i think i can get away with saying, YES.

For example, the Earth's horizon is as laterally as far as the eye can see in every direction on every point on Earth. In every direction the Earth is viewed as a circle at every point on Earth. This can ONLY happen if the Earth is a SPHERE while it would be a FALSE interpretation to say the Earth is Flat. The first two lines are correct. but then you threw in a sphere...the earth is flat as far as you see if you use your body and turn 260 degrees that is the circle. No sphere. Circle.

Also, God (He as noted in the verse) is infinite so no matter where HE is, the Earth would be viewed as a circle further AND strongly indicating the Earth is SPHERICAL. do you see how this entire statement conflicts itself? the first part you agree with the circle but then strongly indicate it is a sphere...which is it?

Again, the main consideration is other's hearing that people who believe in the TRUTH of the Bible that ALSO believe the Earth is Flat will then reject the Gift Of Salvation knowing a FLAT Earth is a LIE incorrectly believing the rest of the Bible is a lie, too. "That is just like your opinion, man." -The Dude

The futile (opinion) attempts of Flat Earth proponents to disprove a SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth by baseless  claims (says you), viewpoints, and incorrect use of physical phenomena are a laughing stock to others who know the physical truth the Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) and FALSELY laugh at the rest of the Bible. The bible is my favorite book, i don't laugh at it, i meditate with it.

So, YES, ABSOLUTELY, dispensing the Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine is critical so non believers in Jesus Christ have further reason to note the TRUTH of the Free Gift Of Salvation in God The Son Jesus Christ from the ABSOLUTELY TRUTHFUL Bible. not so in some cases, maybe so in others, and who cares if it forces people to question...at the end of the day, they have to open the bible to question it, ultimately getting closer to God whether conscious or not.

34 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

I don't see how a flat earth is diverting from the Law?

The Law is the knowledge of one Power. Not two Powers. The story of Adam and Eve is describing how they ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge between good and evil, where they fell and became aware of two powers. Good and Evil. The Law is remembering that there is only one power and that the belief in two powers is error. 

The belief in good and evil is mans current dilemma. Because once i say or believe something is good im automatically implying that there is an opposite ergo evil. or the moment is say something is evil i auto imply its opposite, that something is good. The reality is that good and evil are on the same line just opposite one another. So the challenge for man is to stop believing in two powers. 

Which brings me to the one power which is that there is a prime mover (the one) NOT many just One. And that this prime mover is the only truth. If you stray from the recognition of the one power you have "fallen". Your belief in good and evil has causen you to see through blinders.

One Will and that is Gods Will to Truth which is that there is only one Power and to get in line with that so that we can move gracefully onward. God doesn't want us to error but we have free will. That is the challenge of being here is to awaken to the one power and not two. 

The actual Law. 

Thank You for Your comments, PeaceSign.

I don't understand much of what You are saying here.

13 minutes ago, PeaceSign said:

In Your notations, are You saying You believe in a spherically (geoidal) shaped Earth?

The quotation along with the notations I made I believe stand for themself.

18 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

In Your notations, are You saying You believe in a spherically (geoidal) shaped Earth?

My bad. I thought i was attaching the Law conversation to someone else.

I don't actually care one way or the other if its flat or concave or spherical...at the end of the day i just want to be at peace with my soul. But having said that I find it a fascinating subject. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I will add though that as a person who has questioned so many things, it has been those questions that has led me closer to realizing that there has to be One Truth and that that Truth is whole and that has led me to have conversations with God that I never had before. So really being a sceptic of everything has shown me the Grace and Mercy of God. But i realize too that we are all getting there in many different ways and rates.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PeaceSign said:

My bad. I thought i was attaching the Law conversation to someone else.

I don't actually care one way or the other if its flat or concave or spherical...at the end of the day i just want to be at peace with my soul. But having said that I find it a fascinating subject. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2021 at 6:28 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Lens issue..

On 2/19/2021 at 8:04 AM, Synopsis said:

One of the tools

Don't think I forgot:

I just want to see 1 picture of an airplane flying upside down coming "around the horn" or side ways flying  from SF to HI.

I'll wait.:rocking-chair:

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

Don't think I forgot:

I just want to see 1 picture of an airplane flying upside down coming "around the horn" or side ways flying  from SF to HI.

I'll wait.:rocking-chair:

Yet even MORE Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine NONSENSICAL (obviously, of course) rhetoric???!!!

What, pray tell, for???!!!

To FURTHER PROVE Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine TO BE NONSENSICAL???!!!

There are EXENSIVE REAL WORLD EVERYDAY EXPERIENCES HERE AND ELSEWHERE NOTING THEE FALSE PRIMISES OF Flat Earth "hypotheses".

So, go ahead and post even MORE nonsensical Flat Earth "proofs".

Here is an interesting article noting the ludicrous idiocy promulgated by Flat Earth "adherents" You may use as a basis to note Your "theorized" "inaccuracies" in the ACTUAL SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth shape.

https://www.livescience.com/24310-flat-earth-belief.html

The Zetetic Method

The theory follows from a mode of thought called the "Zetetic Method," an alternative to the scientific method, developed by a 19th-century flat-earther, in which sensory observations reign supreme. "Broadly, the method places a lot of emphasis on reconciling empiricism and rationalism, and making logical deductions based on empirical data," Flat Earth Society vice president Michael Wilmore, an Irishman, told Life's Little Mysteries. In Zetetic astronomy, the perception that Earth is flat leads to the deduction that it must actually be flat; the antimoon, NASA conspiracy and all the rest of it are just rationalizations for how that might work in practice.

Those details make the flat-earthers' theory so elaborately absurd it sounds like a joke, but many of its supporters genuinely consider it a more plausible model of astronomy than the one found in textbooks. In short, they aren't kidding. [50 Amazing Facts About Planet Earth]

2 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

"proofs"

Show me a picture of a plane flying sideways from SF to Ft. Lauderdale or a plane flying upside down over the "south pole" and I will give it a rest.

You know - a picture is worth a billion words.