Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Marjorie Taylor Greene Thread

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I wish to explain to you how I can talk with you without ever loosing my patience. As a Christian I am compelled to see you with love. A love that only comes from Jesus. And no matter how frustrating it may be from time to time I cannot allow my personal feelings and knowledge of the truth be dampened by your thoughts. 

Having said that, I feel a very deep pity and sorrow for you. Because I fully understand and believe that you truly think you are correct. And honestly I wonder if anything anyone here says will ever change your perspective. 

I often say that you are being blinded, and you are. But the worst thing is you fail to understand that what you are doing is called "projection". The act of placing on others your own actions. When someone does this they really don't know what they are doing. It's very sad, because Shabbs, you are a good man. And you are better than this. 

So where am I coming from? 

It's a proven fact that the violent people of January 6th were Antifa. The only mistake Trump supporters made was entering the Capitol when the police allowed them to. But NOTHING will ever convince you of this. 

No need for me to add to the condescension, so.........Thank You very much is all I can or wish to say, brother.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

HuffPost

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Trump Supporters Didn't Storm Capitol

Ron Dicker
·General Assignment Reporter, HuffPost
Tue, February 9, 2021, 12:49 PM

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) spouted yet another unhinged conspiracy theory on Tuesday, writing that Donald Trump supporters could not have attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6 because the invaders interrupted Republicans objecting to the election results.

“The attack RUINED our objection that we spent weeks preparing for, which devastated our efforts on behalf of Trump and his voters,” she wrote on Twitter.

In a stunning thread, the QAnon-supporting first-term lawmaker asserted that the attack targeted both parties, so how could Trump followers be involved? Her bonkers defense apparently was all in the name of exonerating the former president, facing his second impeachment trial Tuesday for allegedly inciting the deadly insurrection.

“Once again, Trump is the victim of the never ending hate fueled witch hunt” by Democratic media that has “brainwashed” the masses, she wrote despite a new study indicating that the rioters who were arrested were largely pro-Trump activists.

Greene, who in the past has claimed that school shootings were staged “false flag” events and that 9/11 was an inside job (though she attempted to walk back some of her statements last week), was recently removed from committee duty by the House for her extremist views.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/marjorie-taylor-greene-trump-supporters-capitol-174922612.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:
HuffPost

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Trump Supporters Didn't Storm Capitol

Ron Dicker
·General Assignment Reporter, HuffPost
Tue, February 9, 2021, 12:49 PM

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) spouted yet another unhinged conspiracy theory on Tuesday, writing that Donald Trump supporters could not have attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6 because the invaders interrupted Republicans objecting to the election results.

“The attack RUINED our objection that we spent weeks preparing for, which devastated our efforts on behalf of Trump and his voters,” she wrote on Twitter.

In a stunning thread, the QAnon-supporting first-term lawmaker asserted that the attack targeted both parties, so how could Trump followers be involved? Her bonkers defense apparently was all in the name of exonerating the former president, facing his second impeachment trial Tuesday for allegedly inciting the deadly insurrection.

“Once again, Trump is the victim of the never ending hate fueled witch hunt” by Democratic media that has “brainwashed” the masses, she wrote despite a new study indicating that the rioters who were arrested were largely pro-Trump activists.

Greene, who in the past has claimed that school shootings were staged “false flag” events and that 9/11 was an inside job (though she attempted to walk back some of her statements last week), was recently removed from committee duty by the House for her extremist views.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/marjorie-taylor-greene-trump-supporters-capitol-174922612.html

GO RV, then BV

No doubt of the hundreds of thousands on sight that day there were some bad actors from both sides...

Most were peaceful....

CNN has been running a tape of the violent Trump supporters walking slowly thru the rotunda between the red velvet ropes....taking pictures along the way....but hey, at least they are consistant with the fake news report.....

I also recall one of their reports and reporter, (out west in the past) stating they were witnessing a "mostly peaceful protest"......as the buildings burned behind them...

Guess the MSM is pretty good at making crap up....!

CL 

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 5

The Daily Beast

Marjorie Taylor Greene Replaces Trump as Fundraisers’ New Outrage Fuel

Sam Brodey
Wed, February 10, 2021, 4:57 AM

Photo Illustration by Sarah Rogers/The Daily Beast / Photos Getty
Photo Illustration by Sarah Rogers/The Daily Beast / Photos Getty

After voting to remove Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) from committees last week for her endorsements of political assassinations and bizarre conspiracy theories, many congressional Democrats are eager to begin ignoring the freshman congresswoman who has sucked up so much oxygen already.

But on the battleground of electoral politics, Greene figures to be front-and-center to Democrats’ strategy heading into 2022. Top party leaders have vowed to make her the face of the GOP—Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has dubbed it the “GQP”—in order to connect every member of the party with extremism in its ranks.

Greene, however, has also proven politically valuable to Democrats in another sense: replacing Donald Trump as the favored foil in fundraising pitches to outraged liberals.

Since late January, when CNN’s KFILE kicked off a new round of reporting on Greene’s past comments, over 50 Democratic campaigns and aligned organizations have sent fundraising emails with Greene’s name in the subject line, according to a review of the Archive of Political Emails, which collects emails from political organizations.

That group includes 25 House Democratic lawmakers, at least one U.S. senator, the official Democratic House and Senate campaign organizations, labor unions, and the political action committees associated with top Democrats including Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD), the second-ranking House Democrat. Gun safety groups, incensed by Greene’s denials of school shootings, have been particularly active.

Even Democrats with a tenuous or non-existent connection to Greene are trying to get a cut of the action. The campaign of Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), unable to vote on Greene’s censure or removal, nevertheless sent out an email saying she “must be condemned.” Terry McAuliffe, the former DNC chair running again for governor in Virginia, is fundraising off Greene, too.

“With Trump mostly out of the picture, there’s a new Republican foil, and that’s the role she is serving right now,” said Sarah Elizabeth Pole of Grassroots Analytics, a Democratic digital strategy firm. “Whether she remains in that spotlight, only time will tell.”

Cheney Survived, but Greene Thrived in House GOP Showdown

In the wake of an election, it’s typically a lean time for political fundraisers—especially those in the Democratic Party who have relied on Trump for the last four years to scare up dollars. Those familiar with political fundraising say that Greene, at least for now, is driving the kind of outrage that few politicians are capable of mustering.

“Emotion opens emails,” said Jared Leopold, a longtime Democratic strategist. “This is what is driving emotion right now… Donors are still extremely angry about what happened at the Capitol and motivated to get rid of Donald Trump’s politics. In some ways she’s a stand-in for the justified anger among the Democratic base about Donald Trump.”

Greg Berlin, the founder of Mothership Strategies, a leading progressive digital fundraising firm, says Greene’s extremism is a rare commodity in the field; it speaks for itself.

“She as a congresswoman is becoming a brand emblematic of the entire GOP,” said Berlin. “That’s the message Democrats are driving toward… every time a video is passed around of what she’s saying, any time any oxygen is given to her, it becomes a story.”

Within Democratic circles, there’s little consternation about casting Greene as a villain, since nearly everyone in the party believes she is one. Privately, however, some Democrats are wary of Greene becoming a more high-profile figure in the process, increasing her influence and the reach of her extreme viewpoints—especially since the GOP closed ranks around her.

Experts who track right-wing extremism say the caution is valid. “There is a concern that she’ll become a martyr figure,” said Jared Holt, a research fellow at the Atlantic Council who has tracked QAnon and Greene. “If this isn't paired with meaningful action or strategies to address a broader problem of disinformation and extremism brewing in this country... I worry the issues that contributed to Greene’s rise are going to continue to get worse. I’d hate to think that the Democratic strategy on addressing disinformation and extremism is just more electoralism.”

Many lawmakers are certainly serious about that project: the Democratic-controlled House and Senate, plus the Biden White House, have announced their intent to probe disinformation and extremism, and how they influenced the Jan. 6 attack.

But with Greene still fresh in many would-be donors’ minds, the raft of fundraising emails tend to emphasize the need to condemn her—and then defeat her, and her enablers, at the ballot box next year.

Several solicitations from AMERIPAC, Hoyer’s committee, arrive with tags like “END HER CAREER” and “DEFEAT” Greene. “Look, we can’t stress this enough,” reads one email. “Marjorie Taylor Greene is one of the most dangerous Republicans in Washington. So we need you to rush $5 to defeat Republicans like Marjorie Taylor Greene.”

Most of the hundreds of emails urge the recipient to sign a petition condemning Greene—which typically lead to an ask to donate. Others are more direct: an email from Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) noted his support for Greene’s removal, saying, “if you can, make a donation today to show that I have your support in calling for hearings to expel Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress.”

Some lawmakers and organizations are vowing to keep up the pressure on removing Greene from office altogether, even though leadership has shown little interest in that, especially not in the days since the bruising floor vote to remove her from committees last week. A resolution to expel Greene from the House picked up momentum and sponsors last week but has since fizzled and does not seem to be headed to a vote anytime soon.

“While this is a step in the right direction, it’s not enough,” said an email from the campaign of Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) after the vote on Thursday. “Greene has proven she is completely unfit to serve our nation, and Gerry is still calling for her expulsion from Congress.”

And while Democrats worry about enlarging Greene’s profile and setting her up for more power, some fundraisers have already floated her name for higher offices before she herself has. A solicitation from Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) claims “we’ve heard” that Greene might challenge newly elected Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA), though no press reports have confirmed the rumor.

“Marjorie Taylor Greene is dangerous, and if she does decide to run there is a chance she could win,” reads Johnson’s email. “Can you make a donation so we can have the resources to combat her lies and smears against President Biden and our great Democratic Senators?”

Veteran fundraisers say they are not sure if Greene will become a long-term rainmaker for Democrats, or whether her appeal may fizzle out.

“Fundraising is difficult absent of a news cycle,” said Berlin, of Mothership Strategies. “Fundraising follows the news cycle almost wholly. To the extent the press is focusing on Greene, fundraising is going to follow, and I think you’re seeing that.”

The day after the vote to remove her, Greene staged a defiant press conference that was well attended by Capitol Hill press. And since, she has continued a steady stream of comments seemingly designed to trigger the very people who might open their wallets for her political antagonists.

On Tuesday, for example, Greene—who apologized just days ago to her House GOP colleagues for embracing conspiracies—questioned the accepted reality that the Jan. 6 insurrectionists were Trump supporters by suggesting real Trump supporters would not have disrupted their objections to the 2020 election.

But Democrats are not the only ones raising money off of her time in the spotlight; she is, too. While the most recent federal filings are not yet public, Greene claims she raised over $325,000 for her campaign in the two days before the committee vote last Thursday.

“I and the America First agenda are not going anywhere!,” said a Jan. 3 email from Greene’s campaign. “More importantly I need you, the People, to have my 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-replaces-trump-095707098.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Shabbs, I think that you're just against Big Beautiful Women that know how to take charge and show spineless men who da boss is. But I guess after a lifetime of looking and the creature from Jackal Island Pelosi that makes since

Nah, conspiracy crackpots are the focus.....makes no difference that MTG is a woman.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The Independent

Father of child with Down’s syndrome confronts Marjorie Taylor Greene over disabled slur at GOP meeting

Gino Spocchia
Fri, February 12, 2021, 9:00 AM

<p>Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene</p> (AP)

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene

(AP)

A father to a 10-year-old boy with Down’s syndrome confronted congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene over past comments she made about the condition, and many deemed to be offensive, at a GOP meeting on Tuesday.

Shaun Holmes, a Whitfield County Republican, reportedly addressed Ms Greene about comments she made about Down’s syndrome, and said he decided to speak-up on Tuesday because his son can’t, WTVC NewsChannel 9 reported.

Ms Greene, who represents Georgia's 14th congressional district, was recently condemned after she described Down’s syndrome sufferers as “retards” who were “so stupid”, in a video shared on social media. It was recorded and uploaded before she was elected to Congress in November.

"I'm sorry, I know that's an offensive word, and I'm not trying to talk down on people with Down syndrome — but that's what these people are." Ms Greene added in the video.

Mr Holmes, who was not aware Ms Greene would be attending the weekly meeting of the Whitfield County Republican Party, confronted the congresswoman in front of other GOP officials — some of whom said they supported the congresswoman, according to NewsChannel 9.

“He’s my buddy, he's, you know, has changed me a lot”, said Mr Holmes, who demanded Ms Greene respond to criticism about the video calling Down’s syndrome people “stupid”.

"I just want a response from you,” said Mr Holmes. “To call people retarded and then say no offence to people with Down syndrome. I mean that's bull****,” he added.

Ms Greene responded, and said she was "just being a regular person, a lot of times I use slang word[s] and using that term," before Mr Holmes interrupted her, saying: "No, no, that is not acceptable."

“I guess it was a slang word. You can actually look it up in the dictionary,” continued Ms Greene. “There is a definition that means ‘stupid.’ But it’s not about people with Down’s Syndrome... I do apologise for that being offensive to anyone.”

Mr Holmes told NewsChannel9 afterwards that Ms Greene owed his son and people with Down’s syndrome an apology, and that "Right now, I mean, she doesn't represent my son or my family”.

Another parent and the chairman of the neighbouring Gordon County Republican Party, Kathleen Thorman, added to NewsChannel 9 that the congresswoman had been compassionate with her own daughter, who also has Down’s syndrome.

“She’s always been very compassionate and kind,” said Ms Thorman. “I think the gentlemen last night never had the opportunity to see what I saw. And like I said, it’s more about what people do, rather than what people say.”

Ms Greene, meanwhile, provided NewsChannel9 with a list of 15 pieces of legislation she has co-sponsored since being elected to Congress, which included an impeachment article against US president Joe Biden, and a law protecting unborn children with Down’s syndrome from abortion.

Members of the House last week overwhelmingly voted to remove Ms Greene of her committee assignments, following a number of other controversies and previous support for online conspiracies, including QAnon.

https://news.yahoo.com/father-child-down-syndrome-confronts-134958923.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:
The Independent

Father of child with Down’s syndrome confronts Marjorie Taylor Greene over disabled slur at GOP meeting

Gino Spocchia
Fri, February 12, 2021, 9:00 AM

<p>Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene</p> (AP)

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene

(AP)

A father to a 10-year-old boy with Down’s syndrome confronted congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene over past comments she made about the condition, and many deemed to be offensive, at a GOP meeting on Tuesday.

Shaun Holmes, a Whitfield County Republican, reportedly addressed Ms Greene about comments she made about Down’s syndrome, and said he decided to speak-up on Tuesday because his son can’t, WTVC NewsChannel 9 reported.

Ms Greene, who represents Georgia's 14th congressional district, was recently condemned after she described Down’s syndrome sufferers as “retards” who were “so stupid”, in a video shared on social media. It was recorded and uploaded before she was elected to Congress in November.

"I'm sorry, I know that's an offensive word, and I'm not trying to talk down on people with Down syndrome — but that's what these people are." Ms Greene added in the video.

Mr Holmes, who was not aware Ms Greene would be attending the weekly meeting of the Whitfield County Republican Party, confronted the congresswoman in front of other GOP officials — some of whom said they supported the congresswoman, according to NewsChannel 9.

“He’s my buddy, he's, you know, has changed me a lot”, said Mr Holmes, who demanded Ms Greene respond to criticism about the video calling Down’s syndrome people “stupid”.

"I just want a response from you,” said Mr Holmes. “To call people retarded and then say no offence to people with Down syndrome. I mean that's bull****,” he added.

Ms Greene responded, and said she was "just being a regular person, a lot of times I use slang word[s] and using that term," before Mr Holmes interrupted her, saying: "No, no, that is not acceptable."

“I guess it was a slang word. You can actually look it up in the dictionary,” continued Ms Greene. “There is a definition that means ‘stupid.’ But it’s not about people with Down’s Syndrome... I do apologise for that being offensive to anyone.”

Mr Holmes told NewsChannel9 afterwards that Ms Greene owed his son and people with Down’s syndrome an apology, and that "Right now, I mean, she doesn't represent my son or my family”.

Another parent and the chairman of the neighbouring Gordon County Republican Party, Kathleen Thorman, added to NewsChannel 9 that the congresswoman had been compassionate with her own daughter, who also has Down’s syndrome.

“She’s always been very compassionate and kind,” said Ms Thorman. “I think the gentlemen last night never had the opportunity to see what I saw. And like I said, it’s more about what people do, rather than what people say.”

Ms Greene, meanwhile, provided NewsChannel9 with a list of 15 pieces of legislation she has co-sponsored since being elected to Congress, which included an impeachment article against US president Joe Biden, and a law protecting unborn children with Down’s syndrome from abortion.

Members of the House last week overwhelmingly voted to remove Ms Greene of her committee assignments, following a number of other controversies and previous support system">support for online conspiracies, including QAnon.

https://news.yahoo.com/father-child-down-syndrome-confronts-134958923.html

GO RV, then BV

Once again you are misinformed the MSM...

Greene was not demeaning anyone with down syndrome.....

Her comments were directed at the Democrats who were against funding the wall.....she called them retards for not seeing the value of a border wall....

Click link.....tiny video on left of what she actually said....wonder why it is so hard to find truthful stuff these days.....CL

https://eturbonews.com/2752398/congresswoman-marjorie-taylor-greene-r-ga-history-of-conspiracy-theories/

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) history of conspiracy theories

Recently a video that Rep. Greene posted prior to taking office has resurfaced on social media platforms. In her video, Rep. Greene, when speaking of other elected officials, says, "Stupid simple – Retards; I'm sorry, I know that is an offensive word. I am not trying to talk down on people with Down syndrome, but that's what these people are. These people are so stupid and ignorant that they cannot put something common sense in place."

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Her comments were directed at the Democrats who were against funding the wall.....she called them retards for not seeing the value of a border wall....

Click link.....tiny video on left of what she actually said....wonder why it is so hard to find truthful stuff these days.....CL

https://eturbonews.com/2752398/congresswoman-marjorie-taylor-greene-r-ga-history-of-conspiracy-theories/

Recently a video that Rep. Greene posted prior to taking office has resurfaced on social media platforms. In her video, Rep. Greene, when speaking of other elected officials, says, "Stupid simple – Retards; I'm sorry, I know that is an offensive word. I am not trying to talk down on people with Down syndrome, but that's what these people are. These people are so stupid and ignorant that they cannot put something common sense in place."

This has got anything to do with truthfulness. Or MSM. Either he confronted her or he didn’t. He did it’s a fact. It’s not in dispute. He said he confronted her.

Now to you the term *********** means nothing but to a Down syndrome parent it’s highly offensive. I have a friend who has a Down syndrome child. That word wherever and however used make his blood boil.

and I see that very word here on this form is edited out!

Edited by caddieman
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

How am I misinformed?......Her quoted comment revealed she realized people associated with Down Syndrome might be offended.  If MTG, or AOC are the future of the political landscape, we are all in deep trouble.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, caddieman said:

You are unbelievable! I’ll stop there before I get kicked! WHO CARES says it all!🤮 Have a great night!

All I'm trying to say is there are far too many people crying about being offended and far too many people not tempering their words. So at this point if someone says something you're offended by simply ignore them. 

• Pow! 1

I will agree some words are indeed hurtful.......Or they could be Hurtful.....Myself, I don't claim any fame to what ever nor have I really taken any offense by being called some sorta Racial Slur.....Just the Average White Guy looking to get ahead With a Liberal Administration that Killed my Business to get rid of Orange Man.....They did the same to so many other small business owners and could give a crap.....They Won or so they think.

Here is the Hurtful, Inciting Racist Talk but it doesn't come from the Right.....It comes from the Left, it comes from people that demand Unity, It comes from Caddie what ever, Shabs and the rest of his Klan.....They Demand We Conform and accept what the World Knows is Wrong........

Listen for yourselves what the Hate the Left Has for anything American.

Karsten

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

The Independent

Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for armed troops to be placed in schools on Parkland anniversary

Graig Graziosi
Mon, February 15, 2021, 11:23 AM

(AP)
(AP)

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene called for thousands of armed troops to be placed in schools on the anniversary of the Parkland school shooting.

The congresswoman, who was recently stripped of her committee appointments by House Democrats for controversial social media posts posted her idea for military-occupied schools on Twitter.

"@JoeBiden had 30,000 armed guards at his inauguration, he clearly believes in good guys with guns. The best way to prevent school shootings is to repeal all gun free school zones and protect our kids like he protects himself. #FixIt," she wrote.

The troop presence Ms Greene was referring to was the National Guard, which was deployed in response to the violent insurrection Donald Trump's supporters participated in two weeks before the inauguration.

Among the rioters were numerous QAnon supporters, a cult-like movement of conspiracy theorists who look forward to the trial, conviction and mass execution of Democrats and moderate Republicans. Ms Greene posted about the conspiracy, but claims she no longer holds those beliefs. She made that claim while trying to convince Democrats not to strip her of her committee appointments.

Among Ms Greene's controversial claims was support for the conspiracy theory that the Parkland school shooting was a "false flag" event mean to provide the government with an impetus for stripping people of their Second Amendment rights. The school shooting did actually happen, and left 17 people dead and another 17 wounded.

In a video shared by Ms Greene prior to her election, she can be seen following David Hogg, a survivor of the Parkland shooting, around on the street and harassing him. She asks him why he's trying to use the school shooting to strip Americans of their gun rights.

Ms Greene defended her actions in the video by claiming that Mr Hogg was 19 at the time.

Mr Hogg tweeted his feelings about the video when it resurfaced earlier in February.

“It’s so frustrating that we have people like [Ms Greene] in Congress that would rather spread conspiracies about mass shootings than confront the reality people are dying everyday from gun violence. I just want to do the work and help end gun violence,” Mr Hogg wrote.

He said he'd rather be living life as a normal young adult rather than spending his time engaged in activism, but people like Ms Greene force him to act.

“You think we want to be doing this? @mtgreenee No — I’d much rather be able to be a college student but I & others can’t & you know why? Bc corrupt politicians like you have made it so it’s on the survivors of Gun violence to end gun violence bc you can’t do your damn job,” he said.

Just before the House voted to remove her from her committees, Ms Greene claimed she understood the "fear" that the Parkland students felt on the day of the shooting, citing her own brush with school violence in 1990.

Ms Greene was a student at South Forsyth County High School in 1990 when a student took hostages at gun point.

The congresswoman was not one of the students that was taken hostage, as she was in another classroom at the time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-armed-162356545.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Business Insider

A close associate of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene participated in the Capitol riots, according to a report

Lauren Frias
Thu, February 25, 2021, 2:58 AM

• Social media posts revealed close associate of Greene participated in the Capitol riots, CNN reported.

• Conservative activist Anthony Aguero posted on social media saying he had been among the mob that entered the Capitol building.

• Aguero said in a January 7 video that it was "Trump supporters" who stormed the Capitol. "I'm the first to admit it, being one myself."

• Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

An ally whom Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene described as "one of my closest friends" admitted to participating in the Capitol riots on January 6, CNN's KFile reported.

The freshman congresswoman was among a number of conservative lawmakers who promoted conspiracy theories that the 2020 election was fraudlent and maintained that former President Donald Trump won the election, despite losing the election to Joe Biden.

The conspiracy fueled the deadly insurrection at the US Capitol building on January 6, as Congress voted to certify Biden's victory in the election.

Conservative activist and videographer Anthony Aguero, an associate of Greene, took to social media to say he had been among the mob that entered the Capitol building and refuted the false claims that the attack was done by members of "antifa," a "far-left" anti-fascist and anti-racist political movement often villainized by Republicans.

"We were all there. It was not Antifa, and it was not BLM," Aguero said in a video the day after the insurrection, citing a report from CNN. "It was Trump supporters that did that yesterday. I'm the first to admit it, being one myself."

Later in the video, Aguero expressed his support for "people like Marjorie Taylor Greene proudly."

"That woman has more courage than most of the men that were in that building," Aguero said. "No, not most. That woman has more courage than every single man that was in that Capitol yesterday."

In a now-deleted livestream video of the Capitol riots, Aguero said he "was able to make it inside the chambers," but before CNN published their report, the video appeared to be deleted. When asked for comment, Aguero confirmed to CNN that he was at the Capitol and said he was attending as an "independent journalist" reporting the incident. He also told CNN, "videos uploaded compiled [sic] are not mine. They're screen recorded from other posts that I saw."

As a livestreamer and videographer, Aguero's videos include the activities of right-wing groups and militias, such as the Proud Boys.

Greene and Aguero have worked closely throughout 2019, CNN reported, and Aguero was photographed with Greene at the "March for Trump" rally on November 14, 2020, where she served as a speaker at the event. He was also seen in a video accompanying Greene off-stage, according to the CNN report.

Greene's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/close-associate-rep-marjorie-taylor-075800130.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Some time ago there was a program in the schools in some states....Pretty sure it was called DARES.....

1 armed cop per school building....kids got to know them as people.....they helped keep the drugs out of schools....and of course provided that layer of safety...

Of course today the left wants to defund the police....keep the borders open to the flow of drugs....and remove bail for criminals.....

Just how things are these days.....     CL

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

4 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Of course today the left wants to defund the police....keep the borders open to the flow of drugs....and remove bail for criminals.....

Just how things are these days.....     CL

Sorry, but I'm glad I don't live in the United States right now. In my town, we have our own crime issues. 5.5 years ago we had a guy get a ticket for no seat belt. Yup I kid you not, were a regular Chicago.... lol

pp

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Sorry, but I'm glad I don't live in the United States right now. In my town, we have our own crime issues. 5.5 years ago we had a guy get a ticket for no seat belt. Yup I kid you not, were a regular Chicago.... lol

pp

In the States....in many of the more liberally run States and Cities......the Covid Cops are fining businesses thousands of dollars for not having covid plans, or logs up to date, social distancing etc.....

It's bad enough these oppressive State and Local Governments are bankrupting these businesses......and now going after them financially.......CL

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Business Insider

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forces Congress to delay vote on $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus package

Oma Seddiq
Wed, March 10, 2021, 11:03 AM

georgia rep marjorie taylor greene gop congresswoman

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) reads an objection on January 7, 2021 to the counting of the certificate of vote from the state of Michigan during a joint session of Congress after the session resumed following protests at the US Capitol in Washington, DC. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images
  • Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene delayed congressional business by forcing a vote to adjourn the House.

• Wednesday's move pushed back the scheduled vote on Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package.

• Republicans are frustrated with Greene's machinations and 41 GOP lawmakers voted against her motion.

• Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Wednesday once again used procedural tactics to hold up congressional business - this time to delay the House vote on President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus package.

The Georgia Republican called for a motion to adjourn the House just as the chamber prepared to begin debate on the COVID-19 bill. The move forced every Congress member to cast a vote to keep the House in session, a lengthy process that pushed back the scheduled vote on the stimulus legislation.

"I just made a motion to adjourn to stop Congress from passing the $1.9 trillion dollar massive woke progressive Democrat wish list," Greene tweeted. "The GOP has messaged against this ridiculous bill. We should do everything to stop it. Pay attention if Rs vote to adjourn. Or with the Dems."

Democrats and many Republicans, however, are fed up with Greene's disruptions. Her motion was unsuccessful and struck down in a 149-235 vote, with 41 GOP members voting against it.

"Unfortunately some Republicans are voting with Democrats to continue business as usual," Greene tweeted after the vote.

The freshman firebrand has halted the day's work on several occasions since she was stripped from her committee assignments last month. House Democrats removed Greene from the Education and Labor Committee and the Budget Committee to rebuke her past social media activity peddling in controversial and racist comments as well as her support for conspiracy theories and political violence.

Greene has sought to strike back at Democrats and exercise her limited power in any way she can, such as forcing votes to adjourn the House. But Republicans are growing increasingly frustrated with her ongoing scheme.

"It's a pain in the a--," Republican Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan told CNN.

Democrats, who are in the majority, are considering ways to prevent Greene from continuing her interference. Rep. David Cicilline of Rhode Island told reporters on Wednesday that he may propose a rule to bar lawmakers not on committees from calling motions to adjourn.

"I'm dead serious," Cicilline said, per CBS News.

"It's unconscionable that they are doing everything they can to try to, again, delay getting aid to the people, including their constituents who are in desperate need," Democratic Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts told Reuters' Susan Cornwell on Wednesday.

The House is likely to pass the massive economic relief package on Wednesday, sending the bill over to Biden's desk for his signature. So far it's unclear whether any Republicans, who claim to have been shut out of the negotiating process, will support the legislation, which includes $1,400 direct payments to Americans, extended unemployment benefits, vaccine funding, and other measures.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-forces-160328421.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, coorslite21 said:

So much for the 1st Amendment and free speech.....I saw a UFO once....guess I better keep quiet....the cancel culture will haul me away.....

Unrelated.....I see San Francisco is renaming 1/3 of the public schools and buildings because of racist names......that includes Abraham Lincoln....can you say cancel culture....

Anyone else troubled by what's occuring?    CL

It goes along with the Statues coming down all across the USA. especially in the South

On 2/12/2021 at 5:54 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

All I'm trying to say is there are far too many people crying about being offended and far too many people not tempering their words. So at this point if someone says something you're offended by simply ignore them. 

I will just leave this right here......

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Guess what happens when you're offended? NOTHING! Now, act like an adult and move on!'

Karsten

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2