Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mike Pence Is Reportedly Making Plans To Form A Political Committee

Business Insider

Mike Pence is reportedly making plans to form a political committee

Yelena Dzhanova
Sun, January 31, 2021, 9:27 AM

mike pence
Vice President Mike Pence at a joint session of Congress to certify the 2020 Electoral College results on January 6. Erin Schaff/AFP via Getty Images
  • Mike Pence is expected to announce a new political committee within weeks, NBC News reports.

• By starting a 501(c)4 organization, Pence could maintain useful donor relationships.

• Pence is said to be considering a 2024 presidential run.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Former Vice President Mike Pence is said to be making plans to form a political committee, signaling his intention to remain a relevant political player after serving in the Trump administration.

NBC News says Pence will announce the move in the coming weeks.

The political committee would be a 501(c)4 organization that is allowed to participate in politics through purchasing ads, for example. These types of organizations are classified as social-welfare nonprofits, according to the IRS, and must not spend more than half of their funds on political ventures.

The goal of the 501(c)4 would be to outline and push Pence's "consistent conservative philosophy," an unnamed source told NBC News.

By starting a 501(c)4, Pence would be able to maintain significant relationships with GOP donors that might prove beneficial for future campaign-related ventures, NBC News reported.

Pence is believed to be considering a 2024 presidential run.

After attending President Joe Biden's inauguration, Pence and his wife, Karen, were seen vacationing in St. Croix.

Since then, the two appeared to be couch surfing through Indiana. As Business Insider's Tom LoBianco reported, a Trump advisor said Pence had neither a home nor a job after leaving office.

Before Pence left the White House, tensions were high between him and President Donald Trump. Ahead of the January 6 congressional process to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election, Pence faced mounting pressure from Trump and GOP lawmakers to overturn the results.

"I hope Mike Pence comes through for us, I have to tell you," Trump said at a Georgia rally days before the certification was to take place.

"Of course, if he doesn't come through, I won't like him quite as much," Trump added.

Throughout the four years of Trump's term as president, Pence was fiercely loyal to him.

Pence, however, defied Trump's wishes and did not seek to overturn the results of the election, which he had no legal authority to do in the first place.

The decision led to tension between Pence and Trump that could affect the outcome of a 2024 run. With the move, Pence might have lost out on support from within Trump's base, Insider's John Haltiwanger previously reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-pence-reportedly-making-plans-142720595.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Unless Trump backs him (which I doubt) Pence is urinating into a strong wind!

Trump doesn't have the numbers, the party is splitting.....He is literally handing control to the Dems for the foreseeable future....and radicals worse than Steve King, like Marjorie Taylor Greene are helping him do it.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Trump doesn't have to "hand" anything over to the dems as long as they use Dominion voting machines, unsolicited mail in ballots, and judicially usurp states legislation but you keep making this about Trump. 

There is a reason Kasich lost the last time. I don't think he has done anything different to change that.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

Trump doesn't have to "hand" anything over to the dems as long as they use Dominion voting machines, unsolicited mail in ballots, and judicially usurp states legislation but you keep making this about Trump. 

There is a reason Kasich lost the last time. I don't think he has done anything different to change that.

I don't believe Kasich would have to change a thing.....Donald did that for him.  That's why suburban women and college educated Republicans left him in droves, while Republicans on the down ballots cleaned up with many wins as voted on by those same folks who turned their backs on 45.  

GO RV, then BV

10 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Kasich, a big swamp dwelling RINO like McCain (the songbird) and Romney.

I kind of agree with you, except the RINOs are actually in the Trump camp now (perhaps the future Patriot Party)....a completely different party, as opposed to the Grand Old Party of just a few years ago.  

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I kind of agree with you, except the RINOs are actually in the Trump camp now (perhaps the future Patriot Party)....a completely different party, as opposed to the Grand Old Party of just a few years ago.  

GO RV, then BV

Your joking right?

RINOS hate Trump. They are swamp creatures who don't want the Apple cart tipped over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

18 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Your joking right?

RINOS hate Trump. They are swamp creatures who don't want the Apple cart tipped over.

I didn't explain it well enough....I am of the belief that the Republican Party is no longer the Republican Party, but the Party of Trump, which in no way has the same values as the GOP of 5 years ago.  Therefore the RINOs with respect to what the Republican party WAS are now with Donald and his morphed party....leaving the old Republicans (GOP) behind to pick up the pieces of (R).

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious