Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Early Morning Opinion @ 8:30 AM CST - 1/28/2021

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:

*** MilitiaMan *** Article: "Al-Halbousi and the Emir of Kuwait discuss activating the joint governmental and parliamentary committees between the two countries"   This is about tens of billions of dollars for re construction. Clearing and Settling payments goes hand and hand with this. If we cannot see what is at play by now, one may never get it.. Wow! This is good... imo! :twothumbs:

:easyrider:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1
6 hours ago, Bob said:

Thursday morning not Friday!!  Just sayin!    Sofa King Thursday!

At least I got the date right ... LOL..!  Once I realized it it was too late to edit it.

4 hours ago, Schella said:

The good thing about being retired is you get 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.

LOL..!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • yota691 changed the title to Friday Early Morning Opinion @ 8:30 AM CST - 1/28/2021

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Mnt Goat *** Iraq is filthy rich...If they could only get the political scene straightened and get rid of the corruption that is stealing their wealth, the nation of Iraq could flourish to unbelievable heights. We read this period of an existence of a surplus in oil revenues of $7 billion, at a minimum, at the end of last month. Then the Parliamentary Oil and Energy Committee in Iraq announced that the accumulated sums from the “petrodollar” fund for previous years are estimated at $25 billion. Oil companies desire to come into Iraq and drill yet more wells to pump yet more oil. Then the World Gold Council announced, on Sunday, that Iraq possesses more than 96 tons of gold in reserves. WOW! What wealth! But the most important point today is this – Why is Iraq telling us this today at this time..? 

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Frank26 *** They are going to raise the value of their currency...articles are casting a shadow of the evidence that they're raising the value of their currency and that's all there is to it.  I know you want it like this [Snap] but you can't do that to yourself. This is the Middle East for crying out loud...

*** Pimpy *** Article: "The government succeeded in filling the deficit gap and facing the recession within a year"  That is great news.  The deficit is being taken care of. Thank goodness for higher oil prices...remember I told you guys we were looking for other signs - good signs that we just don't have to rely on the RV/RI announcement. There are other indicators out there that will tell you that the value of the dinar would go up.  The fact that they're taking care of their deficits - this is good. Making more money than was anticipated - this is good...this is what you want to see.

• By ronscarpa

*** Petra  ... More articles discussing France and China engagements (contracts) all are telling a very exciting story for the strength growing daily of the IQD...Many more articles... demonstrate that Iraq is getting financially stronger and truly getting their house in order under the direction of the IMF/WB/UST...

*** Pimpy   We already know they're implementing their white papers.  We already know they're underway into this new budget.  I know there's supposed to be some amendments but you got one group saying that's not going to be amended, others saying that they're hoping for it.  We'll keep an eye on this.  Oil prices continue to go up.  This really benefits Iraq in a lot of different ways as long as they invest the money into opening the private sector...I know they're saying no supplementary budget but I'm thinking there will be one...

*** Frank26  If you look at the CBI website everyday and you say to yourself, 'Oh, my goodness they just announced that they de-pegged from the American dollar...!' You should get excited...contracts and the budget are both waiting for a new exchange rate...

*** Petra   Article: "Ziad Khalaf: The Iraqi Summit For Digital Transformation Is A Gateway To The Country's Development"  This is key: "the direct cooperation between the Central Bank of Iraq and the providers of electronic lift services has contributed to the consolidation of the electronic payment infrastructure, in terms of the database, governance rules and instructions, and local and international compliance. He pointed out that the companies licensed by the Central Bank, Visa and MasterCard, and the two operators were able to support most banks in issuing international cards and portraying the reality of electronic payment services."  Key words: consolidation, infrastructure, governance, local AND INTERNATIONAL compliance, INTERNATIONAL cards...etc. Really a huge article and note...this meeting is in the past!! IMO...

• By ronscarpa
      Today is The National Day of Prayer - Pray for our Nation, it's Government, Our People.

** Frank26 ** The Unpegging of the American dollar from the Iraqi dinar will allow the 1 to 1 rate domestically and will allow the 1 to 1 rate to leave Iraq and go into the international community where it's going to float...the day that I see the Iraqi dinar has been unpegged it may be like 3 seconds and then we'll see the new rate...more than likely IMO...the moment you see the CBI talking about unpegging, holy cow, hold on tight. 

** Pimpy ** I know somebody out there in the YouTube sphere told everybody that there was an in-country rate change which is not true...

** Mnt Goat ** Article: "ACTIVATING THE ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES OF IRAQ" Quote: "...activating economic activity between Iraq and the major economic blocs, is one of the things that contribute to activating economic activities, by investing in advanced technology for investment companies and transferring them to the country."   All good signs that Iraqi is moving ahead - not backwards.

Today is The National Day of Prayer - Pray for our Nation, it's Government, Our People.
    • By ronscarpa

*** Breitling  I don't see anything bad coming down the road...But they've got to do it correctly...the people that I know who helped set this up (I don't know them personally) they still have dinar.  They all have faith in it.  I know there's governors, there's senators...they still have it.  Whenever this comes down, at what rate, at what pace that's our lot.  There's nothing negative here.  Don't worry about that...

*** Pimpy  Article: "What is the area in which the central bank moves in the area of controlling the currency exchange?"  When it's a "free float" then it's up to supply and demand. That means the market decides the value of the exchange.  You have a "fixed rate".  That's where we are right now.  They're telling you right now you get 1460 dinars for every $1.  That's a fixed rate..(Post 1 of 2).. 

*** Pimpy  A "dirty float or managed float" you let the market determine the value of the currency but if it goes too far one way or the other the bank can intervene and fix it.  In other words peg it to something for a second.  There's been a lot of talk about the currency.  Are they going to free float it?  The funny thing is why are they having these types of conversations?  If we're being told the rate is going to remain the same for the next 3 to 5 years whey do they have these conversations going on...I'll tell you why.  It's because they have no intentions of on keeping this rate fixed for that long.  It's just not going to happen..(Post 2 of 2)..

That's all there is for today...Blessings...Ron
  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

• Live Exchange Rate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.