Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dominion Files $1.3 Billion Defamation Lawsuit Against Rudy Giuliani

Dominion files $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani

c6deabaa632ef2fecea805ef89482aa0

Axios
Axios
Mon, January 25, 2021, 7:28 AM

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani on Monday seeking $1.3 billion in damages for his "demonstrably false” allegations about the company's voting machines, the New York Times reports.

Why it matters: Giuliani led former President Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the election and spread the baseless conspiracy theory that Dominion's voting machines flipped votes from Trump to Joe Biden.

support safe, smart, sane journalism. Sign up for Axios Newsletters here.

• Another one of Trump's allies, Sidney Powell, is also facing a defamation lawsuit for falsely claiming that Dominion was part of an international communist plot to rig the election.

• The lawsuit against Giuliani is based on more than 50 statements he made at hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in media appearances, including after Dominion sent him a legal notice calling on him to stop, according to the Times.

This story is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

https://news.yahoo.com/dominion-files-1-3-billion-122843680.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HuffPost

Dominion Voting Systems Sues Rudy Giuliani For Defamation, Seeks $1.3 Billion

Hayley Miller
Hayley Miller
·Senior reporter, HuffPost
Mon, January 25, 2021, 8:59 AM

Dominion Voting Systems on Monday filed a lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani, alleging former President Donald Trump’s personal attorney defamed the voting software company with incessant lies about election fraud.

The 107-page lawsuit, first reported by The New York Times, was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., and accuses Giuliani of having “manufactured and disseminated” false claims that Dominion voting machines threw out or changed votes for Trump.

This “Big Lie” of a stolen election “deceived millions of people into believing Dominion had stolen their votes and fixed the election,” the lawsuit alleged.

Giuliani “cashed in” on those defamatory claims by reportedly seeking $20,000 a day from the Trump campaign and hosting a podcast where he repeatedly peddled the lies, the lawsuit contended.

“Even after the United States Capitol had been stormed by rioters who had been deceived by Giuliani and his allies, Giuliani shirked responsibility for the consequences of his words and repeated the Big Lie,” the lawsuit said.

Dominion is seeking $1.3 billion in damages.

Dominion has also taken legal actions against other Trump allies who helped the ex-president peddle outrageous and baseless conspiracy theories involving the company.

Earlier this month, Dominion sued former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell for $1.3 billion over her accusations that the company’s machines rigged the election in favor of President Joe Biden.

Dominion sent a cease and desist letter to MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a Trump confidante, ordering him to “preserve and retain all documents relating to Dominion and your smear campaign against the company” and promised “imminent” litigation.

In December, a Dominion worker filed lawsuits against several parties who pushed the stolen election lie, including Trump and conservative media outlets OAN and Newsmax, claiming the falsehoods led to death threats.

Dozens of prominent attorneys in New York state have called for Giuliani’s censure for his role in inspiring the Jan. 6 insurrectionist mob attack against the Capitol. The chairman of the New York state Senate judiciary committee called for the state court system to disbar Giuliani.

On Thursday, a national group of lawyers filed a lengthy ethics complaint against Giuliani that alleged he knowingly lied about the election. The nonpartisan group Lawyers Defending American Democracy urged the state of New York to investigate Giuliani’s actions and suspend his law license in the meantime.

https://news.yahoo.com/dominion-sues-rudy-giuliani-135904023.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boosterbglee said:

This should be interesting!

Yes it should. What better way to get the evidence into court.

Judge: Dominion, what are you suing for?

Dominion: The former mayor lied and defamed us with false accusations.

Rudy: Here are my witnesses and proof they rigged an election.

Judge: The former mayor is innocent. I want a warrant out for the arrest of all Dominion executives.

Same with Sydney Powells case.

• Pow! 1

4 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

This should be interesting!

I think so too....other than the awful pandemic situation, the news...er...drama, has gotten somewhat boring under this new administration....such is the humdrum daily grind of the business of actually governing, I suppose.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

6 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Yes it should. What better way to get the evidence into court.

Judge: Dominion, what are you suing for?

Dominion: The former mayor lied and defamed us with false accusations.

Rudy: Here are my witnesses and proof they rigged an election.

Judge: The former mayor is innocent. I want a warrant out for the arrest of all Dominion executives.

Same with Sydney Powells case.

You really think Dominion is setting themselves up for a huge takedown of.....themselves?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

I think so too....other than the awful pandemic situation, the news...er...drama, has gotten somewhat boring under this new administration....such is the humdrum daily grind of the business of actually governing, I suppose.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

Man you are right it is boring! Daily truthful, informative press conferences! Pandemic press conferences that actually follow scientific facts. No more injecting Clorox. Or claims of the pending miracle disappearance of covid........its great to have boredom in ones life!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

None of the courts seemed to think there was any worth while evidence...time will tell.....   CL

Tough too see any worth of an object when a person refuses to even look at the object.

All these crooked judges need to be called on the carpet for it.

• Pow! 2

17 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Taking into account, of course, that some of those "crooked judges" are Donald appointees.

GO RV, then BV

I don't care who appointed them. Crooked is crooked. They have just learned to keep their crooked connections secret unril they are called upon to do their masters bidding and expose themselve for what they are. 

They are puppets for a regime that want to keep the American people under control.

• Pow! 1

6 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I don't care who appointed them. Crooked is crooked. They have just learned to keep their crooked connections secret unril they are called upon to do their masters bidding and expose themselve for what they are. 

They are puppets for a regime that want to keep the American people under control.

The mounting numbers alone expose DJT as the common denominator, i.e. the tip of corruption......Donald is a prime example of someone who's had 25 jobs in his life, all of them ending badly, but according to him it's never once been his fault.  Why do his fans refuse to see?

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

Orange man bad blah, blah blah. You distain for Trump keeps shining through.

You obvious have not heard of sleepers in government. Trump did not make those judges corrupt. 

They put on a good show to get appointed and when the American people needed them to do their dury they failed. They have exposed themselves for the cowards and treasonous people they are. They do the bidding of a shadow group. 

Conspiracy? I think not. The proof is in the pudding.

Judges are paid to hear cases. They are not paid to pre judge a case without seeing the evidence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

27 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Orange man bad blah, blah blah. You distain for Trump keeps shining through.

You obvious have not heard of sleepers in government. Trump did not make those judges corrupt. 

They put on a good show to get appointed and when the American people needed them to do their dury they failed. They have exposed themselves for the cowards and treasonous people they are. They do the bidding of a shadow group. 

Conspiracy? I think not. The proof is in the pudding.

Judges are paid to hear cases. They are not paid to pre judge a case without seeing the evidence. 

Common denominator in all of it is Donald, plain and simple.

GO RV, then BV

This will open up all the dirty files and expose just what was happening November 3rd.

POTUS also has this to use as well.......Writ of Quo Warranto

https://noqreport.com/2021/01/20/writ-of-quo-warranto-how-the-election-can-be-corrected-after-inauguration/?fbclid=IwAR1wDwkJimYp8a1dQe7dxAKn7WqBeZjnK76hA5Sn9kYY_uTBMgx7mcUMRG0

Karsten

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

None of the courts seemed to think there was any worth while evidence...time will tell.....   CL

No that is not what the courts said. The courts denied to look at the evidence by summarily dismissing the case without even hearing the case. To hear evidence in a court the Courts would have to take the case which none of them did, including SCOTUS. Thus no evidence was brought to the courts via a case. You cannot say a court seemed to think there was not any worthwhile evidence when the courts never even heard the case. All cases were dismissed before they were brought to trial. Something you casually overlook in the crap you robotically spout back.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1