Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

cranman VS God

cranman

13 hours ago, cranman said:

Stating someone's destiny is God's will is suggesting that the person has no free will and that their destiny has been pre ordained. 

Great point cranman. Thanks for your comments, they add to the conversation in a meaningful way. 

If it were true that destiny is pre ordained, it would negate any purpose for the bible which I believe serves as a guide to living in harmony with the natural order and allowing for a loving and peaceful life. 

• Like 1

Gentlemen, let me throw this little monkey wrench in here.

Contrary to popular belief man doesn't control anything.

We can't control

weather

Oceans

Women

Our own gutteral feeling or emotions

Tempers

Sun

Planets

Elements

God can see every timeline in our life. He knows at the end of our cycle whether we will choose him or not. 

He can't make us choose him or he defeats the free will of our life.

If you choose to not believe and take the free gift of salvation His SON bought and paid for with HIS life

You choose to be punished at the end. God doesn't want to punish anyone but your choice is what buys that 

consequence. 

If you feel God is a cruel God, wait till you meet the Devil. He does not have a picnic waiting for you. 

He knows our destiny but does not choose to change it. Free will and all.

I don't throw Scripture around because I am no good at. I leave that for the more learned of the group.

I also know that useing the Bible as proof to a non believer is useless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

God can see every timeline in our life. He knows at the end of our cycle whether we will choose him or not.

First  let me say that I don't know if  that is true or not. But there is a lot of support for it. Are you familiar with what is reffered to as the Akashic  Records?

Akashic Records

Akashic Records
In theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records is a compendium of all universal events, thoughts, words, emotions, and intent ever to have occurred in the past, present, or future in terms of all entities and life forms, not just human. They are believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the mental plane. It is believed all thoughts, words, intent etc. generates its own unique "frequency or vibration" which is stored in the Akashic Records.

4 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

First  let me say that I don't know if  that is true or not. But there is a lot of support system" rel="">support for it. Are you familiar with what is reffered to as the Akashic  Records?

Akashic Records

Akashic Records
In theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records is a compendium of all universal events, thoughts, words, emotions, and intent ever to have occurred in the past, present, or future in terms of all entities and life forms, not just human. They are believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the mental plane. It is believed all thoughts, words, intent etc. generates its own unique "frequency or vibration" which is stored in the Akashic Records.

Let me say this:

I believe that the Bible is the Inspired Word of GOD.

That said, I don't trust much on any Humanistic writing coming from men or woman who put their faith and trust in anything coming from themselves or others. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Friend,

I understand what you’re saying. But

also don’t confuse Roman Catholicism with Christianity. Catholicism twists and distorts the Scriptures to their own destruction, in more ways than one. 

2 Peter 3:15-16

15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, cranman said:

I don't believe in God so how can I know his word?

You quoted the Scripture for two reasons. 

On 1/23/2021 at 12:19 AM, cranman said:

I quoted scripture for 2 reasons. One, to show I'm not ignorant of the bible's teachings and secondly that one should not imply ( call)  that someone is a fool just because they are not a believer.

But you had previously stated above that you don’t believe in God, so how can you know His Word. That’s a contradicting statement, because you then turned around and said that you quoted the Scripture for two reasons. In kindness, I say these things. 

I love a good debate as well. But with contradicting statements, it makes it tougher to have an ongoing conversation. Like I mentioned before, I’m not here to be rude or mean. Just pointing out the obvious statements in the conversation. Which as I said before is more difficult over text, than it is face to face. We don’t know the tone and emotions that are being displayed through this type of communication. Understandable. Your frustration with Psalm 14:1 and it being stated by Markinsa, isn’t directly with them. Because the Word of God declares that A fool says in their hearts, there is no God. Your issue is with God and what He has to say about all of mankind. No one is good, no, not even one. God speaks to us through His Word, and when a messenger declares His Word, we can get offended and hurt and upset at the person presenting the Truth of what God says to all of us. It’s not the messenger, it’s God and His Word that offends and convicts. 

Psalm 14:1

The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good.

Psalm 14:2-3

2 The LORD looks down from Heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God. 3 They have all turned aside, together they are corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.

For any one of us to declare the we are good is absolute stupidity. Only God is good, and none of us are God. That is pride from the human heart, to make such a statement. “I’m a good person” we are all wicked. The proof of that is in the cemeteries all around the world. Dead works, we are all deaf dumb and blind spiritually without Christ. Even in Mark 10:17-22 when the rich young man came to Christ and called Him Good Teacher, he was taught a lesson by Jesus.

Mark 10:17-22

17 And as He was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before Him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” 21 And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in Heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

To call Christ good is to recognize that He is God. This is one thing Jesus was pointing out to Him, “so you call me Good Teacher, in saying this are you recognizing that I am God, only God is good. Don’t put me in the category of just being a human teacher that you think is good. I’m not a man like you, I am God in the flesh. ONLY GOD IS GOOD. 

When mankind stands before Jesus and brings their good works and accolades before Him and states look at me and all that I have done; that person will melt like wax before the LORD. 

Isaiah 64:6

But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

What a mockery it is to think that any of us are good. Our good deeds are tainted by sin and are like filthy rags. A modern day resemblance of a filthy rag, would be like a bloody tampon. Mankind presents unclean deeds as something or worth, something good? It’s disgusting. So apart from Christ, we would all present tampons before God and say look at me, look at how good I am and what I’ve done. Those who know Christ have been humbled and know that they have nothing good within them apart from Christ. Every part of man—his mind, will, emotions and flesh—have been corrupted by sin.

Let wisdom speak!

Psalm 16:2

O my soul, you have said to the LORD, “You are my Lord, my goodness is nothing apart from You.”

But thank you, for your sentiment. I’m thankful for the kindness and love of God, that He gave me free salvation in His Son Jesus. I’m forever grateful!!!

Friend, I have no room to look down on any human being. Trust me, I know who I am apart from Christ. I know my wretched, pathetic, prideful wicked heart. I am not the judge, Christ alone is the Righteous One and Faithful Judge. And I will never judge you. The Word of God convicts the heart of man. 

You’re right. Words do carry a great weight. The earth that we live on, was spoken into existence by the Words of God. Words can bring life and can also bring death. Our speech can frame our days. I appreciate that you like to discuss/debate and (not argue) as I’m right there with you in that statement. 

I don’t need to carry on, unless the conversation is presented. But there have been a lot of things that have been presented here, that just aren’t true, and out right out of context, or lies that have been taught as truths that have been embedded in thought processes as age comes. And that comes about with lack of knowledge to some degree. 

Friend, I appreciate the conversation. Let’s all continue to grow as students, before we speak without knowing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1