Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WEAK LEADERSHIP: Mitch McConnell Censured By Kentucky GOP For Betraying Trump, Siding With Schumer

WEAK LEADERSHIP: Mitch McConnell Censured By Kentucky GOP For Betraying Trump, Siding With Schumer

The now-Senate Minority Leader is being held accountable for abandoning his Republican brethren and siding with Democrats and Progressives in his condemnation of Trump

January 21, 2021

nf01212021-5-750x394.jpg

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), has been censured – in a unanimous vote – by a Kentucky County Republican Party for defying the Republican Party in Congress last week when he lashed out against President Trump, seemingly siding with Democrats in a move to impeach one of the most popular Republican presidents.

“The last time the Senate convened, we had just reclaimed the Capitol from violent criminals who tried to stop congress from doing our duty. The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the President and other powerful people,” McConnell said in a speech on the floor of the US Senate. “And they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

“But we pressed on. We stood together and said an angry mob would not get veto power over the rule of law in our nation, not even for one night. We certified the people’s choice for their 46th president,” McConnell added.

McConnell’s Senate floor speech prompted Nelson County, Kentucky GOP leaders to convene an emergency session to address McConnell’s conduct. The Republican organization voted unanimously to censure the Senator for his comments.

“This has shown his true colors,” Nelson County GOP Chairman Don Thrasher said. “We felt today during his floor speech in the Senate where he impugned the character of President Trump was unacceptable to us. His whole behavior overall through this whole process of the last week is not consistent with what he promised us when he was running for re-election.”

McConnell has been evasive when asked if he will vote to convict in any impeachment that may come before the Senate for trial. He has stated that any vote cast will be a “vote of conscience,” a statement that saw US Rep. Liz Cheney censured by a Republican organization in Wyoming.

In light of the prospect of an impeachment trial in the Senate, Thrasher has also proposed a resolution calling on McConnell to vote to acquit former-President Trump.

Thrasher said the move is “basically calling for Senator McConnell to support President Trump and denounce the second impeachment as divisive.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

McConnell is just another Beholden to China through contacts his wife has.....She is a Chinese Nation with a family that owns a Huge Shipping Fleet.....One can only dream of what the are getting past Port Custom Agents.

The Swamp is Deep and who knows just how Deep it will go but Trump has been finding out by giving them just enough rope.....Stay the course as I don't thing this is over yet.

Trump loves to make Liberal Tears Flow so Ya'll better have some Extreme Wet Weather Gear Stock Piled.

Karsten

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, WheresmyRV? said:

Last night I changed my party affiliation from Rep to Ind.  The GOP party is dead and has joined forces with the dems.  McConnell and all the rest of them can walk off a dead end pier. 

My buddy in Florida said he is doing the same thing! I will most likely do this as well. I am still praying for the Military to take over and arrests all these traitors as it has been proposed in several threads! Either way if not Trump will start his own party and I bet will get close to 80+ million supporters!! The issue is we know he won by a landslide so unless Dominion gets the boot and we get a handle on this BS fraudulent voting system we have then the outcome will be the same they will steal it again!!!

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Cocaine Mitch ! Even I have a problem with that being said . Be careful where you step my friend. You wouldn't want Biden's SS to just walk up and knock on your door.

They have no jurisdiction over/in my "plan B"

And honestly I have a hard time believing that is how America ends up......the "people" would never allow it!    CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1