Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Discussing Forming New Political Outfit Called The Patriot Party, Report Says

The Independent

Trump discussing forming new political outfit called the Patriot Party, report says

Mayank Aggarwal
Wed, January 20, 2021, 4:43 AM

<p>File image: Donald Trump received over 74 million votes in the 2020 presidential elections </p> (AP)

File image: Donald Trump received over 74 million votes in the 2020 presidential elections

(AP)

In a clear indication that Donald Trump is not going to quietly settle down into the life of a private citizen after his White House stint, a new report on Wednesday said he is discussing forming a new political outfit called the Patriot Party.

Following the riots in Washington on 6 January when Trump supporters breached the Capitol after being egged on by the president himself, he has faced severe criticism with many Republicans deserting him and the Congress impeaching him for the second time.

Since then, Mr Trump has discussed the possibility of such a party with several aides and other people close to him. He wants to name it the “Patriot Party,” reported the Wall Street Journal. In his farewell speech too, Mr Trump said his movement is "just beginning.”

A new party by Mr Trump could help him continue exercising influence once he leaves the office of the president.

In a farewell video message released by the White House on Tuesday, Mr Trump told his steadfast supporters, “the movement we started is only just beginning. There’s never been anything like it.”

“I go from this majestic place with a loyal and joyful heart and optimistic spirit, and a supreme confidence that for our country and for our children, the best is yet to come,” Mr Trump said.

While Mr Trump has been criticised for the riots and pursuing an election fraud campaign without offering any evidence, he still has the support of several Republicans, who remained loyal to him during his second impeachment process too.

The former president had a fallout with several allies such as vice president Mike Pence, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, among others. Mr McConnell recently blamed Mr Trump for the Capitol riots stating that the mob was “fed lies”.

But Mr Trump continues to remain popular among Republicans and has a solid base of supporters – something that was visible in the increase in the votes that he got in the 2020 presidential elections.

However, the details for the new party are sketchy and would require a lot of efforts as there will certainly be resistance from the Republican party itself, the report said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-discussing-forming-political-outfit-080323888.html

I imagine a new third party would really shake up our two party system.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Why does he need to start a whole new party?  He already has a massive influence in the Republican Party.  I'll lay odds he takes over the Republican Party and Primaries every single sitting Republican that stabbed him in the back.

I like that, but it's hard for me to believe there will ever be an  honest and fair election again.

• Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Why does he need to start a whole new party?  He already has a massive influence in the Republican Party.  I'll lay odds he takes over the Republican Party and Primaries every single sitting Republican that stabbed him in the back.

Seemed odd to me that he would propose such a thing....perhaps he's simply reminding the Republicans that have swayed from his grip that he still commands his base of millions and that it would be politically savvy of them to return to the fold, be more like Cruz and Hawley for example.....for those two know exactly who's buttering their bread.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

First, the source for this "News" is out of the UK. Just another story dreamed up by some journalist with no real knowledge about the truth - yet, you liberals love it and can't wait to spread it around. Why don't you question these types of articles? Simple, because you hate Donald Trump so much, it doesn't matter if there is truth or not - just spread the gossip like it's true - If you repeat a lie enough times, it will be considered true - isn't that what Goebbels said?

Just because a small group of Trump supporters want to start a new party, it doesn't mean Trump even put forth the idea, much less is the head of it.

If the media wants me to believe anything they post, they better put names for the sources because anonymous doesn't cut it anymore. They have lied for decades and if you have any integrity, you know it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 10

Do you know how many media outlets ran with the story of "Russia Collusion" - not one of them has retracted a word even though the Mueller Report said it didn't exist. All the declassified documents show that it was a put-up job by the Obama CIA, FBI, and DOJ along with complicit journalists (including Jake Tapper) to take down the Trump campaign and later the Trump administration.  As I said just because a lie is repeated by others, it doesn't make it true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1

2 minutes ago, TexasGranny said:

Do you know how many media outlets ran with the story of "Russia Collusion" - not one of them has retracted a word even though the Mueller Report said it didn't exist. All the declassified documents show that it was a put-up job by the Obama CIA, FBI, and DOJ along with complicit journalists (including Jake Tapper) to take down the Trump campaign and later the Trump administration.  As I said just because a lie is repeated by others, it doesn't make it true.

Regarding your last sentence above, especially after the last 2 months, I know exactly what you mean and completely agree.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TexasGranny said:

First, the source for this "News" is out of the UK. Just another story dreamed up by some journalist with no real knowledge about the truth - yet, you liberals love it and can't wait to spread it around. Why don't you question these types of articles? Simple, because you hate Donald Trump so much, it doesn't matter if there is truth or not - just spread the gossip like it's true - If you repeat a lie enough times, it will be considered true - isn't that what Goebbels said?

Just because a small group of Trump supporters want to start a new party, it doesn't mean Trump even put forth the idea, much less is the head of it.

If the media wants me to believe anything they post, they better put names for the sources because anonymous doesn't cut it anymore. They have lied for decades and if you have any integrity, you know it.

Lies have been spread by both sides. Let's be fair about this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, cranman said:

Lies have been spread by both sides. Let's be fair about this.

Sure, you want to be fair now but when everything was being destroyed for the last 4 years - where was the fairness then. Sorry, you don't get a pass when your side deliberately tries to dismantle the entire country.  Any acceptance of this administration by Trump supporters will depend on Biden and his first day is certainly not showing anything positive. He is going to undo everything Trump did that was good for everyone - purely out of spite - to hell with the American citizen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 7

2 hours ago, TexasGranny said:

Sure, you want to be fair now but when everything was being destroyed for the last 4 years - where was the fairness then. Sorry, you don't get a pass when your side deliberately tries to dismantle the entire country.  Any acceptance of this administration by Trump supporters will depend on Biden and his first day is certainly not showing anything positive. He is going to undo everything Trump did that was good for everyone - purely out of spite - to hell with the American citizen.

Didn't ask you for a pass. I simply stated both sides spread lies, picked and chose articles that fit their beliefs and now Trump lost. Someone has to lose.

I am a Trump supporter and wish he would have won. He didn't get elected, or a least he isn't in the office, and we have to deal with it.

Trump undid a lot of things Obama did. Guess what? Every president of the opposite party does it. Nothing new and people get upset.  

This will continue to happen until people realize that one party can't get everything they want and compromise is ESSENTIAL

Half of something good for the people is better than nothing at all.  We all know that everyone has a different idea of what is good for the people.  It has been that for centuries

The world is not going to end. We may see more troubled times ahead. Maybe we won't.

I've always said compromise is key. ALWAYS 

• Thanks 1