Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance Minister: We will take a package of measures to mitigate the effects of devaluation within two weeks

yota691

•  
 2021-01-13 07:44

Shafaq News / Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi announced, on Wednesday, his intention to take a package of measures that mitigate the effects of devaluation within two weeks.

A statement by the office of the head of the State of Law coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, received by Shafaq News, said, "The latter received Allawi, today, and the meeting dealt with the necessary means to support Iraq to face the current financial crisis and the plans and measures required to overcome it, and the importance of uniting efforts and solidarity among all to reduce the deficit in the general budget in order to achieve Social Justice".

Al-Maliki stressed, according to the statement, "the necessity of carrying out appropriate reforms that contribute to rationalizing spending and preserving public money, stressing that" economic treatments to get out of the current situation should not affect the layers of limited income, employees, retirees and their pension obligations. "

The head of the State of Law coalition renewed his call on the government to "not neglect the rights of peasants and farmers and to delay the payment of their dues."

In his turn, the Minister of Finance reviewed the procedures followed by the ministry in dealing with the economic and financial conditions.

Allawi stressed, according to the statement, that "the ministry will take a package of measures within two weeks to mitigate the effects of devaluation," calling for "concerted efforts to overcome the current stage and its repercussions on public life."

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 2

I think this is the delete the zeros adjustment.  Then imports would cost less and not harm the citizen.  THis will help them the most since they are an importing nation.  The best policy would be to get the national products going, but until then, this move would help with investment and imports costs.  Also that is when we would get off this rodeo.  If they stay at 1450 then it would be after delete the 3 zeros from the nominal value 1450 =1.45  then for the conversion to dollars  1/1.45= ~.69 cents per dinar we would get.  Thas is if they don't adjust the 1450 too.   SO we should look for a bank change in around two weeks?   JMO

Edited by RJG
add more thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Pow! 3

24 minutes ago, RJG said:

I think this is the delete the zeros adjustment.  Then imports would cost less and not harm the citizen.  THis will help them the most since they are an importing nation.  The best policy would be to get the national products going, but until then, this move would help with investment and imports costs.  Also that is when we would get off this rodeo.  If they stay at 1450 then it would be after delete the 3 zeros from the nominal value 1450 =1.45  then for the conversion to dollars  1/1.45= ~.69 cents per dinar we would get.  Thas is if they don't adjust the 1450 too.   SO we should look for a bank change in around two weeks?   JMO

I like your thinking :twothumbs:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Finance Minister announces a package of measures to mitigate the effects of raising the dollar

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi, revealed the ministry's intention to take measures to mitigate the repercussions of the decision to raise the dollar exchange rate against the dinar.

This came during his meeting with the head of the State of Law coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, today, Wednesday.
During the meeting, Allawi reviewed the procedures followed by the ministry in dealing with the economic and financial conditions, stressing that "the ministry will take a package of measures within two weeks that mitigate the effects of devaluation," calling for "concerted efforts to overcome the current stage and its repercussions on public life.
" to support Iraq to face the current financial crisis, plans and actions required to overcome, and the importance of uniting efforts and solidarity among all to reduce the deficit in the general budget in order to achieve social justice. "
the al - Maliki"
The head of the State of Law coalition renewed his call on the government not to neglect the rights of peasants and farmers and to delay the payment of their dues. "
Ammar Al-Masoudi

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

%D8%AB%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%B1-%D8%B0%D9%8A%D8

Information / Special ...

On Wednesday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee described the statements of the Ministry of Finance as confusing the economic situation and the Iraqi market, indicating that the budget picture was not completed until after the second reading.

A member of the Finance Committee, Thamer Theban, told Al-Maouma that "some statements about the economic situation are unsuccessful, including those of the Ministry of Finance."

He added that "the statements of the Ministry of Finance confused the Iraqi market and shook the economy directly, and the vocabulary must be launched accurately."

Theban clarified that "the Financial Committee will seek the assistance of economic experts for the ambiguous paragraphs and the financial mandate and take them out in a manner different from what the government sent."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Iraqi Finance Minister: A package of measures will be taken to mitigate the effects of devaluation

Iraqi Finance Minister: A package of measures will be taken to mitigate the effects of devaluation
Iraqi Finance Minister

Mubasher: The head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, discussed with the Iraqi Minister of Finance Ali Allawi the importance of uniting efforts to reduce the deficit in the public budget, while Allawi referred to a package of measures that would be taken to mitigate the effects of devaluation.

The media office of the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, said in a statement today, Wednesday, that "Al-Maliki received in his office today, Minister of Finance Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi."

He pointed out that "the meeting dealt with the necessary means to support Iraq to face the current financial crisis, the plans and measures required to overcome it, and the importance of uniting efforts and solidarity among all to reduce the deficit in the general budget in order to achieve social justice."

He added, "The Minister of Finance stressed the need for appropriate reforms that contribute to rationalizing spending and preserving public money, stressing that economic treatments to get out of the current situation should not affect the layers of limited income, employees, retirees and their pension obligations."

And that "Al-Maliki renewed his call to the government not to neglect the rights of peasants and farmers and to delay the payment of their dues."

For his part, the Minister of Finance reviewed the procedures that the ministry is following in dealing with the economic and financial conditions, stressing that, "within two weeks, the ministry will take a package of measures that mitigate the effects of the devaluation, calling for concerted efforts to overcome the current stage and its repercussions on public life."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Finance Minister: We will take a package of measures to reduce the effects of devaluation

Baghdad: Morning

Finance Minister Ali Abdul Amir Allawi revealed the implementation of a package of measures that reduce the effects of devaluation, while the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, called for appropriate reforms that contribute to rationalizing spending.
The Minister of Finance discussed, according to a statement with Al-Maliki, the necessary means to support Iraq to face the current financial crisis, the plans and measures required to overcome it, and the importance of uniting efforts and solidarity among all to reduce the deficit in the public budget in order to achieve social justice.
The Minister of Finance reviewed the procedures followed by the ministry in dealing with the economic and financial conditions, stressing that "the ministry will take, within two weeks, a package of measures that mitigate the effects of devaluation." 
Allawi called for concerted efforts to overcome the current stage and its repercussions on public life.
For his part, Al-Maliki stressed the need for appropriate reforms that contribute to rationalizing spending and preserving public money, stating that "economic treatments to get out of the current situation should not affect the layers of limited income, employees, retirees and their pension obligations."
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, pokebu said:

I don't think this is going to last the "two" weeks promised to Maliki.  He's been making a ton of outrageous complaints about Kazemi.  No way they let the date of release align with his demands so he can take credit for the change.   Kazemi I am sure has his eye on scumbag Maliki and is just waiting his chance to strike and take him out ASAP.   IMHO many on this forum have been so battered with Iraq's recent history that they have greatly downplayed the historic changes K is putting in place.  Years of promises and failures they have given us used to lead to nothing.  NOW, Kazemi has been brutal in pushing his  plan forward.  Now, usually dissenters are only getting a chance to make one loud complaint so it gets on the record and then they are muzzled and told to "play ball".  I believe it's a key sign that the entire delete the zeros project is planned, organized, and led by a dedicated, very carefully picked intelligent, and strong leader, at last.

The swamp is being drained,  I think you're right about Maliki.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I guess the term “peasants” in Iraq doesn’t have the same negative connotation as it does here ... 

Although, it’s becoming more obvious that’s how our government sees all of us taxpayers. 

I love that HCR. Political Correctness has reclassified us from "Peasants" to "Taxpayers".  We jumped right over Indentured Servants. 

• Upvote 5

On 1/14/2021 at 5:14 AM, RJG said:

Let’s see what happens in two weeks all I know is I bought my last 11,000,000 shares so I am ready

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

On 1/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, GreedyDinar07 said:

Maliki is the cause of all of this!!  this man sold his Country and People out to Iran. He is the one that needs to be assassinated!!

What do you think Biden will do to the US now that he has the keys to the bank ? JMHO . I do not trust either, the same way .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

What do you think Biden will do to the US now that he has the keys to the bank ? JMHO . I do not trust either, the same way .

Biden has the keys to nothing he has no power to enact anything and never will relax trump will remain as President...impeachment will go no where fbi has closed investigation into trump and ruled he did not encite and now trump is declassify all documents watch what happens next 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

4 minutes ago, screwball said:

1st impeachment was a scam he is entitled to ask for a two year extension if he can prove they impeded his first term in office he can prove this this will all be released over next few days. Steele dossier Russia collusssion etc will be proven to be a lie by the Democrats Obama and HRC

This second kangaroo Congressional sham show is a lie too! I wished President Trump would declare Marshal Law and arrest all of these subversive criminal DemoRats! What is wrong with people now?? How can you violate the constitution and stay in power! Are their any honorable and honest federal judges or lawmen now! How did our country become so corrupt? Right is Right and wrong is Wrong!! Case closed! JMHO :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

On 1/14/2021 at 1:14 AM, RJG said:

If they stay at 1450 then it would be after delete the 3 zeros from the nominal value 1450 =1.45  then for the conversion to dollars  1/1.45= ~.69 cents per dinar we would get.  Thas is if they don't adjust the 1450 too.   SO we should look for a bank change in around two weeks?   JMO

we don't mind waiting for 2 weeks for a rate change and 2 weeks aren"t a long wait for us. and if a rate change starts from 0.69 cents, it's not bad. after that, hopefully, the rate will start moving up from 0.69 cents to over 3 usd. only time will tell and we can only hope that rv will really happen in 2021.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/14/2021 at 10:11 PM, pokebu said:

I don't think this is going to last the "two" weeks promised to Maliki.  He's been making a ton of outrageous complaints about Kazemi.  No way they let the date of release align with his demands so he can take credit for the change.   Kazemi I am sure has his eye on scumbag Maliki and is just waiting his chance to strike and take him out ASAP.   IMHO many on this forum have been so battered with Iraq's recent history that they have greatly downplayed the historic changes K is putting in place.  Years of promises and failures they have given us used to lead to nothing.  NOW, Kazemi has been brutal in pushing his  plan forward.  Now, usually dissenters are only getting a chance to make one loud complaint so it gets on the record and then they are muzzled and told to "play ball".  I believe it's a key sign that the entire delete the zeros project is planned, organized, and led by a dedicated, very carefully picked intelligent, and strong leader, at last.

Yes you are correct huge inroads many changes 

• Upvote 2