Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi security forces remove an explosive device from the hull of a ship at the Basra oil port

yota691

Iraqi security forces remove an explosive device from the hull of a ship at the Basra oil port

Friday January 01, 2021 - 11:26 GMT

Al-Alam correspondent confirmed that the Iraqi security forces are working to dismantle a mine attached to a ship in the Basra oil port.

World - Private Reporters

In a direct interview with Al-Alam TV, our correspondent said: "Iraqi parties accuse countries in the Persian Gulf of working to destabilize the security of Iraq with this step.

He stressed that the security forces have found a mine attached to a tanker off the coast of the country and are working to dismantle it.

The Al-Alam correspondent added that this incident preoccupied the Iraqi public, which is the first of its kind in the country.

He added that the security forces are working to dismantle the 28 kilogram mine attached to the ship.

He confirmed that the reports said that the tanker was coming from the UAE coasts.

Today, Friday, the Security Media Cell issued a clarification regarding the rescue operation of a SOMO ship in international waters, to which a foreign object had been attached, which it believed was "a marine mine."

The cell said in a statement, "At exactly four o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday 31 January 2020, a foreign body was noticed stuck to one of the ships in the ship waiting area in international waters, 28 nautical miles from our oil ports in front of the Iraqi ports, and it turned out that this ship was leased from the SOMO company. "The explosives handling team was formed from the Ministry of the Interior, and it was airlifted to the FAO, in coordination with the Iraqi Naval Force," he said.

And she continued, "The team went to the ship in question, and despite the high and intense wave movement, it managed to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship that showed a large marine mine adhered to it, and the treatment team is still working to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and our naval forces make a great effort with Treatment team to get the job done. "

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8

Al-Noor News / Baghdad
The Security Media Cell announced today, Friday, the evacuation of a ship in international waters after a large marine mine was attached to it, indicating that it belongs to the SOMO Oil Company.

In a statement received by "Al-Nour News" a copy of it, Al-Hilya stated, "At exactly four o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday, a foreign body was noticed attached to one of the ships in the ship waiting area in international waters, which is 28 nautical miles from the Iraqi oil ports."

She added, "This ship turns out to be chartered from the SOMO Oil Marketing Company, and next to it is another ship that refueling from it." "To the ship in question, despite the high and intense wave movement, he was able to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship that showed a large marine mine attached to it."

The statement continued, "The treatment team is still continuing to work to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and the Navy is making a great effort with the treatment team to accomplish this mission."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On Friday, the Security Media Cell issued a clarification regarding the rescue operation of a SOMO ship in international waters, to which a foreign object was attached, believed to be a marine mine.

The cell said in a statement that Alsumaria News received a copy of, “At exactly four o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday, 31 January 2020, a foreign body was observed attached to one of the ships in the waiting area for ships in international waters, 28 nautical miles from our oil ports in front of the Iraqi ports, and it turned out that This vessel is chartered from the SOMO Oil Marketing Company, and next to it is another ship that refueling from it. An explosives handling team was immediately formed from the Ministry of Interior, and it was transported by air to the FAO, in coordination with the Iraqi naval force. "

And she continued, "The team went to the ship in question, and despite the high and intense wave movement, it was able to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship that showed a large marine mine attached to it, and the treatment team is still working to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and our naval forces make a great effort with Treatment team to get the job done. "
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

photo 2021 01 01 13 20 30

photo 2021 01 01 13 01 07

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} A clarification was issued by the Security Media Cell of the Joint Operations Command, about a foreign body attached to a ship coming to Iraqi ports.

A cell statement said that the Euphrates News Agency received a copy of it, "At exactly four o'clock in the afternoon, yesterday, Thursday, a foreign body was observed sticking to one of the ships in the ship waiting area in international waters, 28 nautical miles from our oil ports in front of the Iraqi ports."
He added, "It was found that this ship was chartered from the National Oil Marketing Company (SOMO), and next to it was another ship that refueled from it, and immediately a team for handling explosives was formed from the Ministry of Interior, and it was transported by air to the FAO, and in coordination with the Iraqi naval force, it went to the ship in question. Despite the height and intensity of the wave movement, he was able to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship that showed a large marine mine attached to it. "   
The statement pointed out that "the treatment team is still continuing to work to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and our naval forces are making a great effort with the treatment team to accomplish this mission."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Iraqi security works to dismantle a mine attached to a ship carrying oil in international waters

Iraqi security works to dismantle a mine attached to a ship carrying oil in international waters
Archives

Mubasher: The Security Media Cell in Iraq announced today, Friday, the evacuation of a ship in international waters after sticking to a large marine mine.

The Security Media Cell stated in a statement carried by the Iraqi News Agency (INA) that at exactly four o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday, a foreign body was observed attached to one of the ships in the ship waiting area in international waters, which is 28 nautical miles from the Iraqi oil ports.

The Security Media Cell added that this ship turns out to be chartered from the SOMO Oil Marketing Company, and next to it is another ship that refueling from it.

And she continued: "Immediately, a team for handling explosives was formed from the Ministry of the Interior, and it was transported by air to the Fao, and in coordination with the Iraqi naval force, it went to the ship in question, and despite the high and intense wave movement, it was able to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship that showed a large marine mine attached to it." ".   

The Security Media Cell confirmed that the treatment team is still working to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and that the Navy is making a great effort with the treatment team to accomplish this mission.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

•  Time: 01/02/2021 00:39:44
  •  
  •  Read: 3,146 times
SOMO issues a statement about the marine mine incident

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The National Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) issued a statement about the incident of finding a marine mine in one of the company's ships off Iraqi ports.

Sumo said in her statement that the Euphrates News Agency received a copy of it, "an indication of what has been reported by some media outlets and social networking sites about what happened about the presence of a foreign object classified as a mine attached to the hull of the tanker {M / T Pola} and what was accompanied by these trades of speculations. It is based on the reality of linking this matter to Iraqi crude oil exports from the Basra oil port. "
It indicated that "the aforementioned tanker is leased by a company contracting with the Oil Marketing Company to operate as a floating tank for the product of black oil (fuel oil) produced from Iraqi refineries for export purposes and its handling of carriers of international companies that buy it. Therefore, SOMO denies that the tanker is heading to the ports of exporting crude oil."
"The aforementioned tanker has been in the area of the hatch near Khor Al-Zubair since the date of the fifth of November and has not come now from any of the ports of the regional neighboring countries, unlike what some sites have mentioned," Sumo explained.
She pointed out that "the whole matter is far from the Basra oil port, and there is no danger to the export of crude oil, nor to the incoming and vertical tankers to load crude oil and export continues according to the planned rates."
She indicated that "the naval and technical cadres of the Ministry of Oil / Basra Oil Company (equipment and personnel) are coordinating with other government agencies to provide support and attribution to ensure that this issue is addressed as soon as possible, as the management of this file in its entirety is subject to direct directives from the highest security authority in the state." .
SOMO added, "The security and support agencies of the state concerned with the safety of Iraq's ports and waters are now working to address the issue and limit its impact, and the Oil Marketing Company will provide updates in this regard by issuing a subsequent statement."
The Security Media Cell issued a clarification today: “At four o'clock in the afternoon yesterday, Thursday, a foreign body was observed sticking to one of the ships in the waiting area for ships in international waters, 28 nautical miles from our oil ports in front of the Iraqi ports.”
She added, "This ship was found leased from the National Oil Marketing Company (SOMO), and next to it was another ship that refueled from it, and immediately a team for handling explosives was formed from the Ministry of Interior, and it was transported by air to the FAO, and in coordination with the Iraqi naval force, it went to the ship in question." Despite the high and severe wave movement, he was able to evacuate the other ship and keep the ship, which showed a large marine mine attached to it. 
The statement pointed out that "the treatment team is still continuing to work to neutralize this mine and evacuate the target ship, and our naval forces are making a great effort with the treatment team to accomplish this mission."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

After the discovery of a mine attached to an oil tanker .. Iraq: There is no danger to crude exports

After the discovery of a mine attached to an oil tanker .. Iraq: There is no danger to crude exports
oil

Mubasher: The Iraqi Oil Marketing Company "SOMO" has issued an explanation regarding what has been circulated about the presence of a foreign body on an oil tanker.

The Iraqi Oil Marketing Company indicated in a statement issued today, Saturday, that the oil tanker is leased by a company contracting with the Oil Marketing Company to operate as a floating tank for the black oil product "fuel oil" from Iraqi refineries for export purposes and handling it for international companies' carriers.

SOMO denied that the tanker was heading to the ports of exporting crude oil.

It indicated that the aforementioned tanker has been in the anchorage area near Khor Al-Zubair since last November 5, noting that the incident is far from the Basra oil port, and there is no danger to the export of crude oil nor the incoming and moored tankers to load crude oil, and that the export operations are continuing according to the planned rates. to her.

She emphasized that the marine and technical cadres of the Ministry of Oil and the Basra Oil Company are coordinating with other government agencies to provide support and assistance to ensure that this issue is addressed as soon as possible.

And it reported that the entire file management is subject to direct directions from the highest security authority in the country.

The media and social networking sites hinted at the presence of a foreign object classified as a mine attached to the hull of the tanker (M / T Pola), with estimates not based on reality regarding linking the incident to Iraqi crude oil exports from the Basra oil port, according to SOMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The POLA oil tanker mine" .. the full story

Monday, January 11, 2021 12

"The POLA oil tanker mine" .. the full story

Baghdad: Hoda Al-Azzawi 

The country was crowded, hours before the end of the black year 2020; With the news of the mined ship in the port of Basra, which almost caused heavy losses were it not for the championship of Iraqi divers who went to the water and had no experience in dealing with marine mines and saved the port from a major disaster.
"Al-Sabah" publishes a unique story; Dismantling the marine mines attached to the ship (POLA) specialized in loading oil, and sheds light on the tremendous efforts made by the specialized technical team, and its dismantling and detonation of marine mines.
The Director of the Explosives Control Training Center, Brigadier General Riyad Shua'a Howeidi, narrated the details of the accident and how to destroy the marine mine in Basra Governorate, saying: On 1/1/2021, a call was received by the assistant director of the Basra explosives department, Colonel Ali Nehme, about the threat of a foreign body sticking to one of the ships Al-Tijaria, and after making sure that the UFO is (a marine mine), we took permission to move to Basra by air with experts in explosives, divers (Brigadier General Ahmad Jihad Qasim and Brigadier General Riyad Hatem Abbas). ” 
Regarding the details of the accident, Brigadier General Howeidi said: “In the side loading area (STS) on the morning of December 31, 2020, the Basra Oil Port Operations Center was contacted by the ship (NORDIC FREEDOM) carrying the Bahamas flag and moored on the tanker (POLA) leased from The company (SOMO) that carries out the side loading (STS) on which the marine mine is fixed.
The captain of the ship (NORDIC FREEDOM), who holds Russian citizenship, requested assistance due to the sight of a foreign object attached to the hull of the ship (POLA) in the first quarter at the front of the ship, the right side, after which a patrol boat charged with the duty of ocean defense headed for the floating oil platforms to the site of the ship, where a team revealed Initial searches for that body, and they were informed of the presence of a sticky device that works with the stun gun (according to what they claim).
The length of the oil tanker (POLA) to which the marine mine was (affixed or stuck) is (274) meters long, and it is flying the flag of Liberia and its cargo (150,000 tons) of crude oil, and it has been in the loading area since November 8, 2020, i.e. The mine spent more than 50 days, and it is working for the Iraqi Oil Marketing Company (SOMO). As for the specifications of the (NORDIC FREEDOM) vessel anchored on the tanker (POLA) and its tonnage (150) thousand tons, it is intended for the transport of crude oil. 
As for the specifications of the marine mine attached to the ship, it is conical and weighs approximately 180 kg. It carries explosive materials of the type (TNT) weighing approximately 10 to 30 kg, and the detonation mechanism via the mechanical timing starts from 1 to 9999 minutes (approximately seven days), and the hull The mine is made of heavy aluminum, with a magnet at its base for attachment to ships.
  • Thanks 2