Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HCL Done. Kurds Receive Their allocations.

Luigi1

Luigi found this article of Dinarian interests...

It looks like the HCL in principle is done.

The Kurds will be paid their allocation retroactive beginning of 2020.

Treat as a rumor. Not varafied. Your opine.

KTFA:   Guru Samson:

Baghdad announces an agreement with Kurdistan on the 2020 Budget. The Finance Minister announced on Saturday the agreement has been reached indicating that the current delegation is discussing it's allocation for the year 2020. HCL deal reached.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

So what's the timing on this.....Deal is made with Kurds......and the same day they are told......btw.....we're reducing the value by 20%.....

Or....we're reducing the value by 20%......sign here to get screwed out of 20%...

Common sense.....something stinks....

CL 

Yep they know all about. It was probably their idea! 

4 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

So what's the timing on this.....Deal is made with Kurds......and the same day they are told......btw.....we're reducing the value by 20%.....

Or....we're reducing the value by 20%......sign here to get screwed out of 20%...

Common sense.....something stinks....

CL 

The Finance Committee may be making some moves to get IQD investors to dump their IQD. Then they'll raise the rate to a sucker rate at some dated time. Many will get of the ride with the sucker rate. Then after the street count is down to a manageable level, the big RV will come. It's all about reducing the total note count off the streets. Cash in a little Dinar to get you by at the sucker rate. Then hold the bulk of it. We waited 15 years. We can wait another year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Luigi1 said:

The Finance Committee may be making some moves to get IQD investors to dump their IQD. Then they'll raise the rate to a sucker rate at some dated time. Many will get of the ride with the sucker rate. Then after the street count is down to a manageable level, the big RV will come. It's all about reducing the total note count off the streets. Cash in a little Dinar to get you by at the sucker rate. Then hold the bulk of it. We waited 15 years. We can wait another year.

You have been around long enough to know that this is 100% false!! The CBI DOES NOT have to cover anything outside of Iraq, they are only responsible to cover what is actually circulating inside of iraq period that’s how this process works!! There will be NO sucker rate of say .84 cents and then $3.00 later that is guru talk that will never happen!! All of our dinars here in America will go to the US Treasury and be counted in our foreign currency reserves! What they do with them after has nothing to do with us investors. The dinars inside of Iraq also do not get a sucker rate as a dinar is a dinar is a dinar inside Iraq what they get is much greater purchasing power period that’s all!! So the theory of why the CBI has dropped the rate to 1450 is to get as much of the dinar off the streets before they say would RV the currency! Kazemi has promised the citizens currency reform and this is also in the white papers so tell me how currency reform is by dropping the value by 22%??? How is that currency reform it isn’t of course so this must be a very short term process like say two weeks is my guess but we shall see!! IMO

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

28 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

You have been around long enough to know that this is 100% false!! The CBI DOES NOT have to cover anything outside of Iraq, they are only responsible to cover what is actually circulating inside of iraq period that’s how this process works!! There will be NO sucker rate of say .84 cents and then $3.00 later that is guru talk that will never happen!! All of our dinars here in America will go to the US Treasury and be counted in our foreign currency reserves! What they do with them after has nothing to do with us investors. The dinars inside of Iraq also do not get a sucker rate as a dinar is a dinar is a dinar inside Iraq what they get is much greater purchasing power period that’s all!! So the theory of why the CBI has dropped the rate to 1450 is to get as much of the dinar off the streets before they say would RV the currency! Kazemi has promised the citizens currency reform and this is also in the white papers so tell me how currency reform is by dropping the value by 22%??? How is that currency reform it isn’t of course so this must be a very short term process like say two weeks is my guess but we shall see!! IMO

Sounds like you dont believe it will float?

7 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

It will be a managed float and pegged to the dollar most likely but possibly the SDR basket. But even a float has nothing to do with a sucker rate it would just float like the stock market wherever investors decide to buy it. 

good point. it does make a sense. i like the way you think.

11 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

What do you base this on. I'm asking because I don't know. If it is kept in US bank someone has to pay the cash in. 

14 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Iraq must draw in the foreign investors, rebuild their economy over time, then strengthen their currency as the economy improves. That is why I believe the RV will come out low, then rise as conditions improve. IMO.

We can't compare Iraq to Kuwait. Kuwait already had it's infrastructure in place before it revalued. Iraq has a lot of work ahead of them. This cannot be ignored by the currency holders. IMO.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

This is a google pic of Iraq infrastructure 2020.  It looks ok to me.

3840460.jpg

Believe me. There is no infrastructure in place. There are still large regions without power, drinking water, sewage & basic services. I was a DOD Contractor twice in 2008 & 2014. My company is still there & they're telling me not much has changed. Unemployment is still above 50% & over 70% are living in poverty. Picture are deceiving. Yes, everything appears rosy but it's only on the surface. Int'l investors still needed.

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

Riddle me this:

Why is the Forex still showing the 1190 rate? Is it to prevent people buying cheap dinars, or something else?

https://forex.tradingcharts.com/chart/US Dollar_Iraqi Dinar.html

A different reason may be that we're in the holiday season. While currency trading is still open for individuals, the whales (or large trading institutions) are typically on break and it may take until after the holidays to show. In my opinion, this would be a good time to make changes👍

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, Luigi1 said:

That is why I believe the RV will come out low, then rise as conditions improve. IMO.

it depends how low the rate would be. if the rate range between 0.10 - 0.99, then i can still live with that.  on the other hand, if the rate is under $0.01, then hell no. never. i prefer hold it for unlimited time until the rate increase at least 1:1.

• Upvote 6

On 12/24/2020 at 2:20 AM, rvmydinar said:

it depends how low the rate would be. if the rate range between 0.10 - 0.99, then i can still live with that.  on the other hand, if the rate is under $0.01, then hell no. never. i prefer hold it for unlimited time until the rate increase at least 1:1.

It has to be on par with or more than the dollar. It’s the only way to de-dollarize like they want. As long as the dollar has more purchasing power than the dinar, then the citizens will keep using it. That’s not what they want. They want to return the dinar to its former glory and use it as their currency. Too many articles have stated that. So, I believe when the switch is flipped, then it will be at 1-1 or a little more north of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, 8th ID said:

It has to be on par with or more than the dollar. It’s the only way to de-dollarize like they want. As long as the dollar has more purchasing power than the dinar, then the citizens will keep using it. That’s not what they want. They want to return the dinar to its former glory and use it as their currency. Too many articles have stated that. So, I believe when the switch is flipped, then it will be at 1-1 or a little more north of that.

Totally agree.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Do you all not remember the chat Adam did awhile back where he reasoned in detail why he still believed it would come out at around .10?  I will try to find it later today.  I believe he has credible boots on the ground in which to base his reasoning.  We all are hoping for more, but I am basing my plans on .10.  Anything else is a blessing.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

Do you all not remember the chat Adam did awhile back where he reasoned in detail why he still believed it would come out at around .10?  I will try to find it later today.  I believe he has credible boots on the ground in which to base his reasoning.  We all are hoping for more, but I am basing my plans on .10.  Anything else is a blessing.

Yes, I remember his chat and I respect his thoughts. However, I listen to what they (Iraq) say and investigate things myself. I also know how people operate and if the dollar has more value, then that is what they will want. That rule applies anywhere you go in the world today where currency exchanges occur. You want more “bang for the buck” if you will, more purchasing power. I know the value of the dinar used to be $3.22-$1 or something like that when it was devalued. I do not believe it will be that high. I could make and see an argument on why it should be, but realistically do not see it right away. I do see them making it a little more than the dollar. It is the only way to get our dollar off of their streets, which is one of their goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

Yes, I remember his chat and I respect his thoughts. However, I listen to what they (Iraq) say and investigate things myself. I also know how people operate and if the dollar has more value, then that is what they will want. That rule applies anywhere you go in the world today where currency exchanges occur. You want more “bang for the buck” if you will, more purchasing power. I know the value of the dinar used to be $3.22-$1 or something like that when it was devalued. I do not believe it will be that high. I could make and see an argument on why it should be, but realistically do not see it right away. I do see them making it a little more than the dollar. It is the only way to get our dollar off of their streets, which is one of their goals.

Believe me, I hope you are right.

• Thanks 1