Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament postpones its session to the fifth of next month

yota691

•  Time: 11/26/2020 14:34:39
  •  
  •  Read: 1,274 times

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The House of Representatives postponed its session until Saturday, the fifth of next December.

Earlier today, the council postponed its session to half an hour due to the lack of a quorum.
Ammar Al-Masoudi

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, yota691 said:
  •  Time: 11/26/2020 14:34:39
  •  
  •  Read: 1,274 times

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The House of Representatives postponed its session until Saturday, the fifth of next December.

Earlier today, the council postponed its session to half an hour due to the lack of a quorum.
Ammar Al-Masoudi

Good morning Yota and Happy Thanksgiving sir 🙏

I know they are making progress, I know they are moving forward, we can see the president has a vested interest in his country. 
But, man these folks sure can stall a situation into making it practically move backwards, but, since I’m here till the end, no matter what, I/we patiently wait...... 

Happy thanksgiving to all 🦃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiljor said:

Good morning Yota and Happy Thanksgiving sir 🙏

I know they are making progress, I know they are moving forward, we can see the president has a vested interest in his country. 
But, man these folks sure can stall a situation into making it practically move backwards, but, since I’m here till the end, no matter what, I/we patiently wait...... 

Happy thanksgiving to all 🦃

Actually that is the source of hope I see these last 6 months.  Kazemi has an immensely strong program now.  And the glacial speed of progress over these last 10 years for me clearly has given way to a real plan.  He has marshalled most every international organization from the IMF and the AMF to WB, WHO UN etc. behind him and I see the powerful and once again, (finally) involved hand of Sistani and others. Objections from typically the Maliki et al wing of the Shiite world arise and quickly are disposed of and an almost seemingly, globally agreed upon series of changes are set in stone and underway.  We are very near to our goal at last imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Soon .. Parliament votes on the Freedom of Expression Act

Baghdad: Mustafa Ibrahim 

The Parliamentary Human Rights Committee has finalized the draft freedom of expression bill, and it will soon be submitted to the vote, indicating that there are three other laws sent to the Presidency for discussion.
The head of the committee, Arshad al-Salihi, said: “The committee has completed all the joints agreed upon in the Freedom of Expression of Opinion Law, and it remains only to include them for voting,” indicating that “there is a final meeting in which we will take the opinions of other committees, but on our part as a committee, we have finished all the paragraphs of the law. , And will soon be presented to vote ».
He added that «we had a difference of views between the political blocs and the relevant committees regarding the demonstration, will it be absolute or limited, as there were several opinions».
He continued, "The government proposed project stipulates that the demonstrations take place through obtaining approval from the government or the head of the administrative unit, and then after the approval of the latter, demonstrations can take place."
He emphasized that «there is another proposal adopted by the committee by taking the experiences of some countries, which is to tell the head of the administrative unit to assemble or demonstrate, as well as to the organizing party to give a clear message about the goals and the location of the gathering. We also added to the law changing the address, which is the law of peaceful protest, taken From Article 38 of the Constitution ».
He pointed out that «some points have been added to the law, which allow the media, political blocs and the citizen to highlight his role and what he wants, and we imposed the issue of the sit-in, which was not present in the constitution, as we added a paragraph on the right of the demonstrator to turn his demonstration into a sit-in, and this can be encountered Rejection by some, ”stressing“ not allowing anyone to object to it, because we took their views for several years. ”
He explained that "there are three laws sent to the Presidency, which are the Law on the Protection of Diversity and the Prevention of Discrimination, the Law on Protection from Enforced Disappearance, and the Law against Torture, and we stressed the need for the Commission to discuss them again, so that we can present them to the vote."
  • Upvote 1