Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rebuilding of Iraq as stated via Bible???

FishMan1969

If you believe in the Bible, you may find this analysis of IRAQ very interesting. (Babylon). I know it is a long analysis, but IT MUST REBUILD BETTER THAN EVER in order to be destroyed in the end via the prophecy. We could make a considerable profit while this comes to pass.

We may be at the start of this "massive" rebuilding as mentioned in the Bible.

If you don't believe in the Bible, please don't hate me for posting this, just go read something else.

Sorry the post is soooooo lengthy.......

I found it VERY interesting, and learned some important things that I was unaware of. Just wanted to share it..rolleyes.gif

http://www.frankcaw.com/Babylon-Rebuilt.html

Revelation 18:1-24

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. (KJV)

Contextually-speaking, this great, wealthy city of Babylon is portrayed during a period of time immediately before its destruction, near the time of Armageddon itself. But, obviously such wealth would take time to acquire — a city such as the one described here does not pop into existence overnight. Moreover, it is likely that such impressive wealth and commercial influence would be acquired primarily during the period of peace and prosperity that will exist before the pre-tribulation Rapture takes place. Therefore, since there will NEVER be any peace and prosperity for the world AFTER the Rapture occurs, it is reasonable to assume that Babylon will be rebuilt and accumulate most of its wealth BEFORE the Rapture.

So, it is quite interesting to observe that Saddam Hussein commenced the restoration and rebuilding of ancient Babylon several years ago in an attempt to recapture ancient empire glory while also discrediting biblical Christianity — supposedly because the Christian Bible allegedly predicts Babylon will never be rebuilt. Thus, on that basis, the recent rebuilding efforts in Babylon could represent the initial, literal fulfillment of a very sensational biblical prophecy that will achieve its complete and dramatic fulfillment under the rulership of Antichrist, the future “king” of Babylon. (Isaiah 14:1-10). Therefore, we must conclude that this biblical prophecy concerning Babylon was never intended to symbolize a country or some other city as some would have us believe; instead, it is a literal city coming to life before our very eyes!

The Bible also predicts that the final condition of Babylon will be similar to that of Sodom and Gomorrah, namely complete and utter desolation as a result of massive amounts of fire and brimstone. (Isaiah 13:19) (Jer. 50:40). Obviously such destruction has never happened, yet. Moreover, according to various biblical scriptures, this final cataclysmic destruction must occur near the time of Armageddon, during the great and terrible Day of the Lord, when the entire world will be punished for their evil:

Isaiah 13:1, 4-6, 9-11, 13, 19

The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see... The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of THE KINGDOMS OF NATIONS GATHERED TOGETHER (i.e., Armageddon): the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle. They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land. Howl ye; for THE DAY OF THE LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty...

Behold, THE DAY OF THE LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land DESOLATE: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. FOR THE STARS OF HEAVEN AND THE CONSTELLATIONS THEREOF SHALL NOT GIVE THEIR LIGHT: THE SUN SHALL BE DARKENED IN HIS GOING FORTH, AND THE MOON SHALL NOT CAUSE HER LIGHT TO SHINE. AND I WILL PUNISH THE WORLD FOR THEIR EVIL...

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the DAY OF HIS FIERCE ANGER... And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. (KJV)

If we read and interpret this passage of scripture literally, it states that when obvious signs of Christ’s Return are seen in the heavens, then the city of Babylon, which once was the “glory of kingdoms” and the “beauty of the Chaldees excellency” during the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, “shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.” In spite of this very plain, explicit wording, however, some people insist on interpreting the word “Babylon” in a figurative or symbolic sense so that it can represent New York City or the United States in prophecy passages such as this one. They pursue this line of reasoning even though this scriptural passage states very clearly that the “Babylon” portrayed in this scripture is the Babylon that was ruled over by King Nebuchadnezzar and the Chaldeans in the ancient land of Babylon, now modern-day Iraq. However, as we demonstrated earlier, there are basic, fundamental reasons why we should be interpreting biblical passages such as this one in a sensible, literal manner. Therefore, the Babylon portrayed in Isaiah 13 at the time of its destruction, just before the Battle of Armageddon commences, will be the Babylon that was geographically located in ancient Babylon, now modern-day Iraq, and was ruled over by Nebuchadnezzar and the Chaldeans.

Jeremiah 51:59-64

59 The word which Jeremiah the prophet commanded Seraiah the son of Neriah, the son of Maaseiah, when he went with Zedekiah the king of Judah into Babylon in the fourth year of his reign. And this Seraiah was a quiet prince.

60 So Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil that should come upon Babylon, even all these words that are written against Babylon.

61 And Jeremiah said to Seraiah, When thou comest to Babylon, and shalt see, and shalt read all these words;

62 Then shalt thou say, O LORD, thou hast spoken against this place, to cut it off, that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but that it shall be desolate for ever.

63 And it shall be, when thou hast made an end of reading this book, that thou shalt bind a stone to it, and cast it into the midst of Euphrates:

64 And thou shalt say, Thus shall Babylon sink, and shall not rise from the evil that I will bring upon her: and they shall be weary.... (KJV)

The above passage of scripture clearly corroborates Isaiah 13 when it predicts that the final destruction of the city of Babylon must occur at the geographical location of the Babylon that was familiar to both Seraiah and the prophet Jeremiah. In other words, they both understood Jeremiah’s prophecy as one that applied to the Babylon they knew, not to some city or country that would exist someday, in the far distant future, on the other side of the world. Moreover, it predicts that this Babylon must be destroyed through violence that will sink it just like a rock will sink when it is thrown “into the midst of (the) Euphrates” River, and that once Babylon sinks, it will never rise again. Furthermore, this prophecy also predicts that “none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but that it shall be desolate for ever.” So, without question, the preceding prophecies in Jeremiah 51:59-64 must apply to a rebuilt Babylon in our future that will be located near the Euphrates River in modern Iraq.

Other scriptural proofs that confirm the ancient city of Babylon will be rebuilt are many. For example, Babylon will never be inhabited again after its final destruction — a prophecy which obviously has never been fulfilled yet, since the city of Babylon is inhabited by people at this very moment. Likewise, Isaiah 13:20 predicts that Arabs will never dwell there after its final demise, and that neither will shepherds. But, in modern times, both Arabs and shepherds have been dwelling there. Similarly, both Isaiah 13:21-22 and Jeremiah 51:37 predict that wild creatures of the desert will dwell around its desolate edges after its final and complete destruction. Jeremiah 51:26 also predicts that the stones of Babylon will never be used again for building purposes AFTER the final destruction of Babylon, but they are being used now. In all of these prophecies we have just mentioned, the context clearly indicates, in each instance, they refer to the Babylon that was geographically located in ancient Babylon, thereby precluding the possibility that these scriptures could be focused on a symbolic Babylon located elsewhere:

Isaiah 13:19-22

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged. (KJV)

Jeremiah 51:26, 29, 37, 42-43

26 And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith the LORD.

29 And the land shall tremble and sorrow: for every purpose of the LORD shall be performed against Babylon, to make the land of Babylon a desolation without an inhabitant.

37 And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwellingplace for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant.

42 The sea is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof.

43 Her cities are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land wherein no man dwelleth... (KJV)

Jeremiah 50:39-40

39 Therefore the wild beasts of the desert with the wild beasts of the islands shall dwell there, and the owls shall dwell therein: and it shall be no more inhabited for ever; neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation.

40 As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the LORD; so shall no man abide there, neither shall any son of man dwell therein. (KJV)

As we observed earlier in Jeremiah 51:59-64, Babylon must be thrown down with great violence so that it will sink like a rock will sink when it is thrown into the Euphrates River — something that has never happened yet. (Cf. Rev. 18:21). In fact, a survey of Babylon’s history will show it was never destroyed in the various ways described in scriptures, and that its modern-day condition was simply the result of continued neglect and decay throughout the last several centuries of time. Actually, Babylon was a populated city during the time of the apostles (I Peter 5:13), and was still existent five hundred years after Christ when the Jewish academies located there produced the Babylonian Talmud.

Furthermore, the site of ancient Babylon will be one of the openings to the eternal “lake of fire” soon after Babylon’s final destruction:

Revelation 19:2-3, 20

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (KJV)

Revelation 14:9-11

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (KJV)

Isaiah 66:22-24

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (KJV)

Isaiah 34:8-15

8 For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

9 And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.

10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

11 But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.... (KJV)

Jeremiah 49:13, 17, 18, 33

13 For I have sworn by myself, saith the LORD, that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproach, a waste, and a curse; and all the cities thereof shall be perpetual wastes.

17 Also Edom shall be a desolation: every one that goeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss at all the plagues thereof.

18 As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it.

33 And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, and a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor any son of man dwell in it. (KJV)

Zechariah 5:5-11 predicts that a symbolic “wicked woman” (i.e., Mystery Babylon; Satan’s church) will literally FLY (by aircraft) to the “land of Shinar” (i.e., ancient Babylon; Iraq) to establish its new religious headquarters (i.e., “to build it an house”). Obviously this extraordinary biblical prophecy has never been fulfilled, so it must represent a future fulfillment:

Zechariah 5:5-11

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base. (KJV)

“Ephah.” The ephah basket measured at about one bushel and three pints. Accordingly, in this biblical prophecy, the basket symbolizes the economic and financial system that will support and undergird the empire of the Antichrist. Moreover, because it carries the wicked woman inside of it, the combination of these two symbols represent the close alliance and collaboration that will exist between the economic and religious systems within the empire of Antichrist. That is why we should not be surprised to see the rebuilt city of Babylon become the religious headquarters for the Antichrist while also functioning as a center of world trade and commerce during the “time of the end.” Evidently the melding of financial power and religious power and influence, combined with the miraculous abilities and prestige of the Antichrist, will simply overwhelm the sensibilities and intellectual honesty of most people. Thus, the rebuilt city of Babylon, the economic system, will coexist with Mystery Babylon, the religious system, at the same geographical location in modern-day Iraq.

“Wicked Woman.” As we will demonstrate in chapter 4 of this book, the symbolic “wicked woman” represents the mysterious, ancient Babylonian cult beliefs and rituals that dominated, or will dominate, the seven biblical world empires that oppress Israel at various times throughout her history. Because Satan is super intelligent and quite devious in his methods, these vile pagan and occult beliefs and practices dominated the religious beliefs and activities that prevailed in the ancient biblical world empires. Since it is more difficult for people, generally, to discern the true nature of false religious beliefs if they are blended in with significant amounts of perceived truth, that is precisely the strategy which Satan frequently employed, and will employ, to deceive people spiritually.

“Talent of Lead.” A talent of lead weighed over 122 lbs., which was an extreme amount of weight for a lid covering the top of an ephah basket. Even so, despite the unusually heavy weight of the lid, that still did not hold the “woman of wickedness” down, thus illustrating the power of evil.

“Two Women.” It is possible that the “two women” who carry the “wicked woman” to Babylon represent two major world religions, perhaps Islam and “professing” Christianity consisting of Roman Catholicism and mainline Protestant denominations.

“Wings.” The “wings” probably refer to the mode of travel employed when the “wicked woman” is transported to rebuilt Babylon, i.e., air-travel by modern airplanes.

As further corroboration of our interpretation of Zechariah 5:5-11, a careful analytic comparison of both Revelation 17 and 18 establishes the singular fact that “Mystery Babylon” (i.e., Satan’s church) and the city of Babylon will be located geographically at the exact same place near the time of their final and complete destruction. Here are excerpts:

Revelation 17

“The judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication (spiritual unfaithfulness).... and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy.... And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus... And the woman which thou sawest is that great city....” (KJV)

Revelation 18

“For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, AND THE MERCHANTS OF THE EARTH ARE WAXED RICH THROUGH THE ABUNDANCE OF HER DELICACIES... Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins...

“Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: FOR STRONG IS THE LORD GOD WHO JUDGETH HER. And the kings of the earth who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, alas, alas, that great CITY Babylon, that mighty CITY! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

“And the MERCHANTS of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls... and SOULS OF MEN.... Alas, alas, that great CITY, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls....

“And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, what CITY is like unto this great CITY! ...for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; FOR BY THY SORCERIES WERE ALL NATIONS DECEIVED. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.” (KJV)

Jeremiah 51:6-8

6 Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence.

7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed. (KJV)

One final reason which proves the ancient city of Babylon must be rebuilt at its original geographical location in modern Iraq is the prophetic prediction that the final overthrow of Babylon will be followed by “blessings” upon the nation of Israel. Furthermore, Isaiah 14:1-10 very clearly indicates that these blessings will be bestowed upon the nation of Israel during the Millennium, which will commence immediately after the demise of Antichrist, the king of Babylon, and their oppressor. (Isa. 13:19-22) (Isa. 14:1-10) (Jer. 50:4-7, 20).

Isaiah 14:1-10

1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

2 And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,

4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? (KJV)

So far, we have established in several scriptural analyses above that the ancient city of Babylon must be rebuilt at its original geographical location in modern-day Iraq. However, although the following scriptural references in Revelation can not likewise be used to prove conclusively that ancient Babylon will be rebuilt, they do provide interesting insight as to how rebuilt Babylon will be totally destroyed forever, near the time of Armageddon. For example, the rebuilt city of Babylon must be destroyed “suddenly” and in “one hour” of time. (Isa. 13:19) (Jer. 50:40) (Jer. 51:8) (Rev. 18:8-10, 17-19) (Isa. 47). Also, Babylon must be burned with fire, something which likewise has never happened, yet. (Rev. 17:16-18) (Rev. 18:8-10, 18) (Rev. 19:1-3). Additionally, Babylon must be destroyed by an earthquake, which never has happened, and that earthquake must occur during the seventh plague, just before Armageddon and the Return of Christ. (Rev. 16:16-21). Finally, the soldiers of Antichrist must destroy Babylon with fire, very possibly even with a bomb. (Rev. 17:16-18) (Rev. 18:15-17, 21) (Jer. 51:59-64).

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Satan’s world—his organized human society—is made up of various closely connected parts. An important part is false religion. In the Bible false religion is represented as a “great harlot,” or prostitute, with the name “Babylon the Great.” She is a world empire, as shown by the fact that she “has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” (Revelation 17:1, 5, 18) But what proves that Babylon the Great is a religious world empire?

Since “the kings of the earth” are said to ‘commit fornication’ with her, Babylon the Great could not be a political world empire. And since the “traveling merchants” of the earth stand at a distance and mourn at her destruction, she is not a commercial world empire. (Revelation 17:2; 18:15) However, that she is really a religious empire is shown by the Bible’s statement that by means of her “spiritistic practice all the nations were misled.”—Revelation 18:23.

Also proving that Babylon the Great is a religious empire is her relationship to a “wild beast.” In the Bible such beasts represent political governments. (Daniel 8:20, 21) Babylon the Great is described as “sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast . . . that had seven heads and ten horns.” She has thus been trying to exercise influence over this “wild beast,” or world government. (Revelation 17:3) And it is a fact that throughout history religion has been mixed up with politics, often telling governments what to do. She has indeed exercised “a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”—Revelation 17:18.

So actually Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion. Not an actual city.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank you so much for this excellent post!!! I am so glad you brought to our attention just what the Bible has to say about Babylon and end time events!!! None of this going on is by accident.....all part of a much bigger plan!!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it must have taken him fifteen whole seconds to copy and paste it. :lol:

I believe the bible but I don't use it as an investment guide, especially the eschatological (bible prophecy) parts. Thanks anyway.

It took less than 15 sec to copy and paste, I am slightly quicker than that. If putting my efforts down on this post makes you feel better, congrats..!!

Money gained in this investment will only bring out more of this type of attitude in you.(Pride) It will be REALLY sad for those who live around you.

I wish you the best anyways. biggrin.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Satan’s world—his organized human society—is made up of various closely connected parts. An important part is false religion. In the Bible false religion is represented as a “great harlot,” or prostitute, with the name “Babylon the Great.” She is a world empire, as shown by the fact that she “has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” (Revelation 17:1, 5, 18) But what proves that Babylon the Great is a religious world empire?

Since “the kings of the earth” are said to ‘commit fornication’ with her, Babylon the Great could not be a political world empire. And since the “traveling merchants” of the earth stand at a distance and mourn at her destruction, she is not a commercial world empire. (Revelation 17:2; 18:15) However, that she is really a religious empire is shown by the Bible’s statement that by means of her “spiritistic practice all the nations were misled.”—Revelation 18:23.

Also proving that Babylon the Great is a religious empire is her relationship to a “wild beast.” In the Bible such beasts represent political governments. (Daniel 8:20, 21) Babylon the Great is described as “sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast . . . that had seven heads and ten horns.” She has thus been trying to exercise influence over this “wild beast,” or world government. (Revelation 17:3) And it is a fact that throughout history religion has been mixed up with politics, often telling governments what to do. She has indeed exercised “a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”—Revelation 17:18.

So actually Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion. Not an actual city.

I agree 100% w/you Bane- your comment has the ring of "Truth"

I have no problem with Fishman's conclusion that Iraq will come to prominence in the last days, but as you have so well stated here, The Rev 18 passage is speaking of the world empire of false religion. Rev 18 is part of the overall pic, but cannot be included as referring to Babylon the city or even the re-emerging head of gold Iraq spoken of in Dan. 2

• Upvote 2

Actually, this is EXACTLY what I based my decision to invest a large amountof USD on ... if I don't see a hugh return, there's no doubt my children will...sometimes it all comes down to faith -- remember that saying: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Edited by TMills6864
  • Upvote 2

I have no problem with Fishman's conclusion that Iraq will come to prominence in the last days, but as you have so well stated here, The Rev 18 passage is speaking of the world empire of false religion. Rev 18 is part of the overall pic, but cannot be included as referring to Babylon the city or even the re-emerging head of gold Iraq spoken of in Dan. 2

This is why it's a bad idea to invest based on bible prophecy, because it's so open to interpretation. Do you take it literally or figuratively? Will it happen this year, next year, 20 years from now, or 200 years from now? Too many variables for me. I'll stick with facts and numbers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I for one did not invest for pride.....nor did i consult the good book before buying the Dinar.Bottom line its an investment thats all-nothing more. My belief process leads me to a thought if you must bring religion into it.....I believe-----ITS NOT WHAT YOU GAIN IN THIS LIFE BUT WHAT YOU GIVE AWAY MATTERS.

Edited by FOUNDIT
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Fish. Certainly could be the beginning of Babylon becoming a power again and could definitely point to not just an RV but a substantial one. The bible is a how to guide, how to live your life, so it makes sense that it would also speak to investments. Good read. Thanks again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1