Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New embargo on Iraq eBay listings being stopped


Recommended Posts

I sell some Dinar on eBay today my listings have all been stopped and I received this from eBay itself 

 

Your listing was removed: Embargoed goods policy


Hello 

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Embargoed goods policy. Goods from embargoed countries aren’t allowed.

What activity didn't follow the policy

 

The item you listed originated from Iraq, a country against which the United States is imposing an embargo. Because eBay is a company based within the United States, it and its subsidiaries are bound by the trade restrictions of the United States Government. As a result, we do not allow any products from Iraq regardless of if they were made or brought into the country before the embargo. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

What you need to do next

 

You can't relist items we've ended. Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

 

What is the policy

- Sellers can’t list embargoed goods or pre-embargoed goods from these countries or regions: 
-- Cuba
-- Crimea region of Ukraine (as defined under applicable sanctions)
-- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea)
-- Iran
-- Syria
- Organisations, businesses, or individuals based in or from the countries listed above, or those on the United States’ Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs) list can’t register accounts on eBay

How this affects your account

Because we have sent you an educational notice about this policy previously, we want to give you this final warning.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended. 

  • We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).
 
 
Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.  All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

 

Why we have this policy

 

This policy helps ensure that important government regulations are followed.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dinarbeleiver said:

I sell some Dinar on eBay today my listings have all been stopped and I received this from eBay itself 

 

Your listing was removed: Embargoed goods policy


Hello 

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Embargoed goods policy. Goods from embargoed countries aren’t allowed.

What activity didn't follow the policy

 

The item you listed originated from Iraq, a country against which the United States is imposing an embargo. Because eBay is a company based within the United States, it and its subsidiaries are bound by the trade restrictions of the United States Government. As a result, we do not allow any products from Iraq regardless of if they were made or brought into the country before the embargo. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

What you need to do next

 

You can't relist items we've ended. Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

 

What is the policy

- Sellers can’t list embargoed goods or pre-embargoed goods from these countries or regions: 
-- Cuba
-- Crimea region of Ukraine (as defined under applicable sanctions)
-- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea)
-- Iran
-- Syria
- Organisations, businesses, or individuals based in or from the countries listed above, or those on the United States’ Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs) list can’t register accounts on eBay

How this affects your account

Because we have sent you an educational notice about this policy previously, we want to give you this final warning.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended. 

  • We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).
 
 
Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.  All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

 

Why we have this policy

 

This policy helps ensure that important government regulations are followed.

 

 

 

DB Thanks,  Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.  Come on Iraq git er done boys and girls. 

 

GO RV / RI

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a quick check and there are almost 1,000 activve Iraqi dinar listings on ebay as I write this.   I also looked at the countries on which Ebay apparently said had embargos (in the initial post above) and Iraq was not listed.  So this post doesn't make sense to me..... just saying.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KristiD said:

I just did a quick check and there are almost 1,000 activve Iraqi dinar listings on ebay as I write this.   I also looked at the countries on which Ebay apparently said had embargos (in the initial post above) and Iraq was not listed.  So this post doesn't make sense to me..... just saying.

I have been onto online chat about this and it appears they are taking all listing down in batches. I don’t know what to say about it but I haven’t seen anything in Iraq going back under sanctions 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But eBay have also taken another sellers listing down last week here in the uk. I thought he was bs but obviously not. I sold two 10,000 notes to someone and I had to go on chat to make sure eBay wouldn’t take the money back out of paypal for items. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
02:00:14 UTC buyrialuk
As they are saying it’s an embargo on iraq
02:00:22 UTC Diana Rose
Thank you for sharing your concern, to confirm this is for the item  - Iraq Iraqi Dinar 10,000 IQD 1 X10000 Note Uncirculated, right?
02:00:30 UTC buyrialuk
Yes
02:00:38 UTC buyrialuk
I have sent the item
02:00:48 UTC buyrialuk
2 x 10,000 notes
02:00:56 UTC Diana Rose
May I know if you have the tracking number on the tiem?
02:00:59 UTC Diana Rose
*item?
02:01:06 UTC buyrialuk
Yes one sec
02:01:16 UTC Diana Rose
Take your time
02:01:53 UTC buyrialuk
Xxxxxxxxxx
02:02:11 UTC buyrialuk
I sent it today before receiving the message 
02:02:25 UTC buyrialuk
That my item is now prohibited 
02:02:34 UTC Diana Rose
Thank you, since you already shipped the item and the listing was removed. In order to resolve this in the best possible manner, I would require to transfer your chat to our dedicated team. Rest assured, the team I am transferring to is specialized to address your concern. Shall I go ahead and transfer the chat?
02:02:51 UTC buyrialuk
Yes
02:03:19 UTC buyrialuk
I bought my Iraq Dinar in the uk
02:03:38 UTC buyrialuk
And can see there are still loads of listings for the Iraqi Dinar too
02:03:44 UTC Diana Rose
Please stay connected. There may be wait time once you get connected with this next department
02:03:52 UTC buyrialuk
Ok
02:04:03 UTC Diana Rose
I will now transfer this chat to the appropriate department, stay  connected
02:04:09 UTC buyrialuk
Ok
02:04:25 UTC Carl Francis
Welcome to eBay Live Chat, my name is Carl. Please allow me to read what you have discussed with my colleague so I can help you today with your concern.
02:04:34 UTC buyrialuk
Ok
02:04:58 UTC buyrialuk
It’s regarding the Iraqi dinar I sold and have already sent off before my listing got stopped 
02:05:24 UTC buyrialuk
Xxxxxxxxxx
02:05:34 UTC buyrialuk
Is the tracking 
02:06:08 UTC Carl Francis
Hi there,good afternoon. Thank you for sharing the details of your concern about the "Iraq Iraqi Dinar 10,000 IQD 1 X10000 Note Uncirculated". I'm more than willing to help you and check this for you.
02:06:11 UTC buyrialuk
Is Iraq about to go under sanctions again ?
02:06:23 UTC buyrialuk
I have sent the item 
02:06:55 UTC buyrialuk
What I am making sure of is eBay won’t try to get my money for the item I sold before you went ahead and put restrictions on me
02:07:30 UTC buyrialuk
I noticed as well that other sellers listings of Iraqi dinar are still live
02:08:35 UTC buyrialuk
And I can’t find anywhere in the news that Iraq is going back Under an embargo 
02:09:42 UTC buyrialuk
I originally bought my dinars from eBay itself as well as currency exchanges in the uk
02:11:28 UTC buyrialuk
Are you still there Carl 
02:11:48 UTC Carl Francis
Thank you for sharing the details I checked the account and can see that yes Iraq is under embargoed countries. Since the listing was removed by eBay, it means that the transaction is already cancelled through eBay but nothing to worry because since you already shipped the item, you can continue the transaction as normal through PayPal.
02:12:04 UTC Carl Francis
Yes I'm really sorry for the delay to respond.
02:12:18 UTC buyrialuk
It’s a bit of a shock this
02:12:28 UTC buyrialuk
When did this decision get made
02:12:39 UTC buyrialuk
And are all sellers affected ?
02:14:25 UTC buyrialuk
Also can I have the restrictions lifted on my account 
02:14:33 UTC Carl Francis
I'm really sorry but I understand how alarming this for you. All sellers are affected by this. With regards to when did the decision happen, currently we are unable to disclose it but you can check the link bellow to see the list of countries. https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/embargoed-goods-policy?id=4323
02:14:35 UTC buyrialuk
I won’t list any dinars 
02:14:58 UTC buyrialuk
Can I have the restrictions taken off my acocunt 
02:15:11 UTC buyrialuk
I have always been an honest seller and buyer
02:15:20 UTC buyrialuk
And I can’t help world matters 
02:15:44 UTC buyrialuk
But I will cancel all my listings as you have failed to stop all my listings of Dinar 
02:17:00 UTC buyrialuk
I have stopped all listings of Iraq dinar
02:17:03 UTC Carl Francis
Yes right at this point, I strongly suggest to not to list any items that are related to the countries about eBay's Embargoed goods policy to avoid possible defect or legal issue and even account restriction. Also nothing to worry because I can see that the account is not restricted. The notice that you received is mainly a reminder only about the policy but rest assured that it will not affect the account.
02:17:06 UTC buyrialuk
I won’t list again 
02:17:28 UTC buyrialuk
Ok thank you Carl 
02:17:40 UTC buyrialuk
This must have been recent 
02:17:50 UTC buyrialuk
The embargo that is
02:19:07 UTC Carl Francis
You're most welcome. Thank you for understanding. By the way, let me just share to you that we are doing this to protect as our eBay seller here in eBay which is why we want you to be aware without any strikes to your eBay account.
02:19:23 UTC Carl Francis
Please let me know if there would be anything else that I can help you?
02:20:11 UTC buyrialuk
No it’s cool gutted about Iraq I thought they were going to do ok but looks like that country is staying in a rogue status
02:20:51 UTC buyrialuk
I have bought some dinar
02:21:00 UTC buyrialuk
Off a seller in Egypt 
02:21:05 UTC buyrialuk
On ebay
02:21:13 UTC buyrialuk
Will this be affected too
02:21:31 UTC buyrialuk
I won an auction 
02:23:34 UTC Carl Francis
I understand how you feel  but I really appreciate your understanding. With regards to the other items, due to high volume of items we review, we are unable to review all at once which is why we review it batch by batch. This is also the reason why you can still see other same listing on the site. But rest assured that same action will be applied. Since you are a buyer, nothing to worry because it will not affect you. This only affects to the sellers. But in the event that the item was removed but you already paid for it, you can continue the transaction as normal through PayPal.
02:25:33 UTC Carl Francis
Hi, I’m just checking to see if you are still online with me?
02:27:23 UTC Carl Francis
Hi, as I have no response in the last 5 minutes, I will end this chat session. Apologies if there has been a technical issue on our side and please come back to us so we can help you with your query.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Out of curiosity I went to look at Dinar on EBay. If it isn’t being shut down and I could sell Dinar it appears I could double my money at least. Prices are really high. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cws said:

Wow!  Out of curiosity I went to look at Dinar on EBay. If it isn’t being shut down and I could sell Dinar it appears I could double my money at least. Prices are really high. 

May be the iqd is so scarce and it is difficult to bring the iqd out of iraq. That's why the price is so high. May be this is just Demand and supply or will the rv really come close where the least nobody expect it. Come rv.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

May be the iqd is so scarce and it is difficult to bring the iqd out of iraq. That's why the price is so high. May be this is just Demand and supply or will the rv really come close where the least nobody expect it. Come rv.


Well if they really want to do it when no one is paying attention. I’d say this would be an ideal moment. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Thanks everyone maybe ebay is confusing Iraq with Iran?

I just googled Iraq and it is currently subject to financial sanctions. It states that there is a current list

 of designated persons sanctioned nothing about the whole country. www.Gov.UK

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markb57 said:

running about $1650.00@million. what the heck is going on?

Double the price. This is getting good if this is a sign of rv coming close. But the rate in cbi still remains the same 1:1190. questions come to mind, is there a possibilitity that ebay is a pumper and want to get a double profit on purpose? Do you all think ebay know more about rv coming close than the cbi itself? Or may be the reason is iqd is so scarce ( supply and demand )therefore the price is double because it is difficult to bring iqd out of iraq. Come rv.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Double the price. This is getting good if this is a sign of rv coming close. But the rate in cbi still remains the same 1:1190. questions come to mind, is there a possibilitity that ebay is a pumper and want to get a double profit on purpose? Do you all think ebay know more about rv coming close than the cbi itself? Or may be the reason is iqd is so scarce ( supply and demand )therefore the price is double because it is difficult to bring iqd out of iraq. Come rv.

During the first lockdown the Dinar went up five times on eBay now it has settled to around £30-£45 but noticed prices are rising recently again but still bargains to be had 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.