Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"WE ALREADY HAVE WON": President Trump and VP Pence address supporters at White House

2 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

There is a process when opening mail-in ballots.  Once the ballot is opened and separated from the envelope there is no way to verify its authenticity. Once the ballot is added to the pile it is counted no matter what.

It might be better to have everyone vote in-person over a one week period. Why do we only vote in-person on one day for 12 hours?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

Seeing Trump and his supporters not trusting our democracy

Your actions show just who you are. Just like being banned here at DV under B/A because you didn't go by the rules. Then you decide to upon yourself to cheat the system and sneak back in under a new name. You wanna express your democracy thoughts when you have no integrity to rules and guidelines here at DV.. Double standards...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Your actions show just who you are. Just like being banned here at DV under B/A because you didn't go by the rules. Then you decide to upon yourself to cheat the system and sneak back in under a new name. You wanna express your democracy thoughts when you have no integrity to rules and guidelines here at DV.. Double standards...  

?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Straight up BUSTED!!!👍🇺🇸👍🇺🇸👍

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Amen!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Dinar said:

Donald Trump Files With SCOTUS To Stop PA Vote Count; Joe Biden Wins Wisconsin & Moves Towards Electoral

Ok, but look at the link below.  I think the vote count should be stopped too, until the proper people are in place to make sure ALL the votes are counted.  Watch the vid of the counter throwing. Trump Votes in the trash. Is this how you Dems want to win.  120% votes in some precincts.  

Why should we expect anything less from the Dems than outright Fraud.  For 4 years they have broken every law and norm to get rid of this President.  

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Personal attacks....the Trump go to staple adopted by his supporters when they don't have the ability to debate facts.

GO RV, then BV 

Ya might wanna back up brother. As Moderators here their are ways to know for sure if someone has more than one account and Johnny Boy happens to be one of those accounts.

I have no doubt that this issue will be  dealt with soon. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Ya might wanna back up brother. As Moderators here their are ways to know for sure if someone has more than one account and Johnny Boy happens to be one of those accounts.

Dying to see who actually is this "Johnny Dinar"!!! Does he have face mask not covid?

33 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Johnny Boy happens to be one of those accounts.

Wouldn’t surprise me.  I always thought they were related or working in the same office.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Even if that's true....there's no excuse for personal attacks.

GO RV, then BV

22 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Personal attacks

Far from a personal attack. It called rules in which I didn't make. I just go by them.  Boston Angler aka B/A / Johnny Dinar made his own bed, without anybody assistance. Now you accuse me of Personal Attack, (that why B/A was booted) are you defending cheating the system @ DV, or are you trying to spin the subject and accuse me that I'm making personal attacks. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, yota691 said:

Far from a personal attack. It called rules in which I didn't make. I just go by them.  Boston Angler aka B/A / Johnny Dinar made his own bed, without anybody assistance. Now you accuse me of Personal Attack, (that why B/A was booted) are you defending cheating the system @ DV, or are you trying to spin the subject and accuse me that I'm making personal attacks. 

I really think you are confused... I don't know you and have not attacked anyone. I'm sorry we disagree but I don't really have problem with you. I actually appreciate your effort to bring dinar news, I just don't agree with the conspiracy theories I see daily. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, yota691 said:

I'm simply saying when we're discussing a topic and it turns to personal attacks against members it's wrong.  It says right in the forum rules to be respectful of each other.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

Politics

Biden eases ahead in Georgia; Trump attacks election process

JONATHAN LEMIRE, ZEKE MILLER and WILL WEISSERT
Associated PressNovember 6, 2020

5fa49d2542977000016a10e1_1280x720_FES_v1.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrat Joe Biden narrowly overtook President Donald Trump in the vote count in Georgia early Friday and was steadily gaining ground in Pennsylvania, with the presidency hinging on the outcome of tight contests in key battleground states.

Neither candidate has reached the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win the White House, though Biden has the advantage after eclipsing Trump in Wisconsin and Michigan, two crucial Midwestern battleground states. That left both campaigns increasingly focused on developments in Pennsylvania and Georgia, where Biden had an advantage of more than 900 votes on Friday morning.

It could take several more days for the vote count to conclude in some states, allowing a clear winner to emerge. With millions of ballots yet to be tabulated, Biden has already received more than 73 million votes nationally, the most in history

As Americans entered the third full day after the election without knowing who won the race, anxiety about the outcome was building. With his pathway to reelection appearing to narrow, Trump was testing how far he could go in using the trappings of presidential power to undermine confidence in the vote.

On Thursday, he advanced unsupported accusations of voter fraud to falsely argue that his rival was trying to seize power in an extraordinary effort by a sitting American president to sow doubt about the democratic process.

“This is a case when they are trying to steal an election, they are trying to rig an election,” Trump said from the podium of the White House briefing room.

Biden spent Thursday trying to ease tensions and project a more traditional image of presidential leadership. After participating in a coronavirus briefing, he declared that “each ballot must be counted.”

“I ask everyone to stay calm. The process is working,” Biden said. “It is the will of the voters. No one, not anyone else who chooses the president of the United States of America.”

Trump showed no sign of giving up and was was back on Twitter around 2:30 a.m. Friday, insisting the “U.S. Supreme Court should decide!”

Trump’s erroneous claims about the integrity of the election challenged Republicans now faced with the choice of whether to break with a president who, though his grip on his office grew tenuous, commanded sky-high approval ratings from rank-and-file members of the GOP. That was especially true for those who are eyeing presidential runs of their own in 2024.

Maryland GOP Gov. Larry Hogan, a potential presidential hopeful who has often criticized Trump, said unequivocally: “There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process. America is counting the votes, and we must respect the results as we always have before.”

But others who are rumored to be considering a White House run of their own in four years aligned themselves with the incumbent, including Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who tweeted support for Trump’s claims, writing that “If last 24 hours have made anything clear, it’s that we need new election integrity laws NOW.”

Trump’s campaign engaged in a flurry of legal activity to try to improve the Republican president’s chances, saying it would seek a recount in Wisconsin and filing lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia.

Judges in Georgia and Michigan quickly dismissed Trump campaign lawsuits there on Thursday, when Trump still held a small edge in Georgia — though Biden was gaining on him as votes continued to be counted. The same was true in Pennsylvania, where Trump’s lead had slipped to about 18,000 votes — and the race is destined to get tighter.

One reason is that elections officials were not allowed to process mail-in ballots until Election Day under state law. It’s a form of voting that has skewed heavily in Biden’s favor after Trump spent months claiming without proof that voting by mail would lead to widespread voter fraud.

Mail ballots from across the state were overwhelmingly breaking in Biden’s direction. A final vote total may not be clear for days because the use of mail-in ballots, which take more time to process, has surged as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Trump campaign said it was confident the president would ultimately pull out a victory in Arizona, where votes were also still being counted, including in Maricopa County, the state’s most populous area. The AP has declared Biden the winner in Arizona and said Thursday that it was monitoring the vote count as it proceeded.

“The Associated Press continues to watch and analyze vote count results from Arizona as they come in,” said Sally Buzbee, AP’s executive editor. “We will follow the facts in all cases.”

Trump's campaign was lodging legal challenges in several states, though he faced long odds. He would have to win multiple suits in multiple states in order to stop vote counts, since more than one state was undeclared.

Some of the Trump team's lawsuits only demand better access for campaign observers to locations where ballots are being processed and counted. A judge in Georgia dismissed the campaign’s suit there less than 12 hours after it was filed. And a Michigan judge dismissed a Trump lawsuit over whether enough GOP challengers had access to handling of absentee ballots

Biden attorney Bob Bauer said the suits were legally “meritless.” Their only purpose, he said “is to create an opportunity for them to message falsely about what’s taking place in the electoral process.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-sees-path-270-trump-060106007.html

GO RV, then BV

Some in GOP break with Trump over baseless vote-fraud claims

MATTHEW DALY
Associated PressNovember 5, 2020

5fa53f18e75f6910927ba1a0_o_U_v4.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Some Republican lawmakers on Thursday criticized President Donald Trump’s unsupported claim that Democrats are trying to “steal” the election, saying Trump's comments undermine the U.S. political process and the bedrock notion that all Americans should have their vote counted.

Trump, who has complained for weeks about mail-in ballots, escalated his allegations late Thursday, saying at the White House that the ballot-counting process is unfair and corrupt. Trump did not back up his claims with any details or evidence, and state and federal officials have not reported any instances of widespread voter fraud.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Republican from Illinois, tweeted that the president's claims of fraud are “getting insane.” If Trump has “legit” concerns about fraud, they need to be based on evidence and taken to court, Kinzinger said, adding, “STOP Spreading debunked misinformation.”

Maryland GOP Gov. Larry Hogan, a potential 2024 presidential hopeful who has often criticized Trump, said unequivocally: “There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process. America is counting the votes, and we must respect the results as we always have before.”

“No election or person is more important than our Democracy,” Hogan said on Twitter.

Other criticism, though less direct, came from members of Congress. Sen. Marco Rubio, a Florida Republican who spoke at a recent Trump campaign rally, said in a tweet that if any candidate believes “a state is violating election laws they have a right to challenge it in court & produce evidence in support of their claims.''

Rubio said earlier: “Taking days to count legally cast votes is NOT fraud. And court challenges to votes cast after the legal voting deadline is NOT suppression.”

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah., the party's presidential nominee in 2012, sought to provide a reassuring note. Counting votes is often “long” and “frustrating,” Romney said.

If any irregularities are alleged, “they will be investigated and ultimately resolved in the courts,″ Romney tweeted. “Have faith in democracy, our Constitution and the American people.”

The comments by the Republican lawmakers and other GOP leaders were rare, public rebukes of Trump, who has demanded — and generally received — loyalty from fellow Republicans throughout his four-year term. Most in the GOP take pains to avoid directly criticizing Trump, even when they find his conduct unhelpful or offensive to their values and goals.

Trump’s tweets earlier Thursday declaring victory and calling for officials to “STOP THE COUNT” were a test of how strongly he can keep Republicans in line as he tries to challenge the voting process in court.

Before Trump's speech in the White House briefing room, several Republicans challenged his attempts to halt vote-counting in Pennsylvania and other battleground states.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Trump ally who won reelection Tuesday in Kentucky, told reporters that “claiming you’ve won the election is different from finishing the counting.” His office declined to comment after Trump's address Thursday.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, urged “everyone to be patient'' as results come in. "It is critical that we give election officials time to complete their jobs, and that we ensure all lawfully cast ballots are allowed and counted,'' she said in a statement.

Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who did not seek reelection, called Trump's comments about corruption “dangerous” and “wrong.'' Trump's remarks undermine the U.S. political process and “the very foundation this nation was built upon,'' Hurd said. "Every American should have his or her vote counted.''

While Biden was close Thursday to the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win the White House, it was unclear when a national winner would be determined after a long, bitter campaign dominated by the coronavirus pandemic and its effects on Americans and the national economy.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut told The Associated Press earlier Thursday he hopes Republicans step up their response to Trump's unsubstantiated claims. While Republicans may want to give Trump time to "make his arguments," when it becomes clear that claims are without basis, “My hope is that Republicans will put public and private pressure on him,” Murphy said.

But one of Trump’s top congressional supporters said he supports efforts to question the vote counting process and is donating money to shore up legal challenges. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Fox News Thursday night he would donate $500,000 to the president’s “legal defense fund” and urged people to go to the Trump campaign’s website to pitch in.

Rep. Denver Riggleman, a Virginia Republican who lost a GOP primary this year, addressed Trump directly on Twitter: “Count every vote, yes, but stop the Bravo Sierra, Mr. President, and respect the democratic process that makes America great.” Riggleman, a former Air Force officer, was using a military euphemism for falsehoods.

In remarks Wednesday at the White House, Trump baselessly claimed victory and alleged “major fraud on our nation” as state election officials continued counting ballots amid a huge increase in voter turnout.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Trump ally who is an analyst for ABC News, said there was no basis for Trump's argument. Christie called Trump's attack on the integrity of the election “a bad strategic decision” and "a bad political decision, and it’s not the kind of decision you would expect someone to make ... who holds the position he holds.”

Trump's family, never shy about expressing their support, took to Twitter to question why GOP lawmakers were not rushing to the president's defense. “Where are Republicans! Have some backbone. Fight against this fraud. Our voters will never forget you if your sheep!” Trump's son Eric tweeted.

Some GOP governors responded. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis urged the president to “Fight on, exhaust all options." South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem tweeted that Trump was fighting “rigged election systems.”

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, said states administer U.S. elections, not the federal government. "We should respect that process and ensure that all ballots cast in accordance with state laws are counted. It’s that simple,” Portman said in a statement.

“It’s best for everyone to step back from the spin and allow the vote counters to do their job,” added Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-break-trump-over-push-223339118.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

This may last for a while. No doubt there will be recounts, as there should be...

Here is a look at recount laws in key states as the race between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden came down to the wire:

Arizona

Recount law: Yes

Does state law mandate recounts?: Yes.

Under what circumstances?: Less than or equal to the lesser of: .1 percent margin of votes cast for both candidates or 200 or fewer votes for state elections or initiatives or Legislature in races with more than 25,000 votes.

When must mandatory recount be completed?: No requirement in law but courts can issue a deadline.

Can a non-mandatory recount be requested?: No.

Georgia

Recount law: Yes.

State law mandate recounts?: No.

Can a recount be requested?: Yes.

Under what circumstances?: A margin of no more than .5 percent of total votes cast for office.

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount: Two business days after county certification.

Who pays for the recount?: State.

Can a partial recount be requested?: No.

• Election superintendents or candidates for federal or state offices can petition the secretary of state for a recount prior to certification when it appears an error has been made; can request recount of part of the state.

• Recounts after certification: A margin of 1 percent or less of the total vote for office is required, which can apply to a candidate eligible for a runoff and another candidate not eligible. Must recount entire race.

See latest results from Georgia

Maine

Does state law mandate recounts?: No.

Can a non-mandatory recount be requested?: Yes.

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount?: Within 5 business days of election.

When must non-mandatory recount be completed?: 20 days after Election Day, if possible.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Petitioner

Can a partial recount be requested?: No

• Entire race is recounted, but candidate may withdraw recount at any time if they are still trailing.

• If margin between leading and requesting candidate is less than 1.5 percent of the total vote for that office, the fee is waived. Fee is refunded if results change.

See latest results from Maine

Michigan

Under what circumstances?: Difference of 2,000 votes or less. Does not apply in races with more than one winner.

When must mandatory recount be completed?: 39 days after certification of general election.

Under what circumstances?: Evidence of fraud or mistake. Party chairperson may petition on behalf of a candidate if race is determined by vote differential of less than 500 votes for state Senate and less than 200 for state House. Opposing candidate may file counter petition no later than the seventh day after the original petition filed.

Deadline to request non-mandatory recount: Within 48 hours after canvass.

When must non-mandatory recount be completed?: 39 days after certification of the general election.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Petitioner.

Can a partial recount be requested?: Yes.

• If results are changed, the bond is refunded.

• Non-mandatory recount rules do not apply to presidential primaries. Elector may request for ballot measure with filing and requirement procedure the same.

See latest results from Michigan

Nevada

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount: By three working days after county or statewide canvass, depending on race.

When must non-mandatory recount be completed?: Within 10 days of request.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Loser.

• Canvass must be completed by the sixth working day after Election Day.

• Any voter may request a recount of a ballot question, but must pay bond.

• For statewide races, at least 5 percent of each precinct must be counted; if the 5 percent shows a difference of 1 percent or less or five votes, whichever is higher, a full recount performed.

• Recounts must be done by the same method as votes were first tabulated.

See latest results from Nevada

North Carolina

Under what circumstances?: Margin of .5 percent or 10,000 votes, whichever is less, for statewide races, or 1 percent of the total votes for non-statewide races.

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount: Noon on the second business day after the county canvass.

When must non-mandatory recount be completed?: Approximately five days after the request, set by the executive director of the Board of Elections.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: State.

Can a partial recount be requested?: No.

• If initial recount is not hand-to-eye and does not change the results, candidate may request a hand-to-eye recount as well.

• Can request to sample 3 percent of precincts in the voting area if that indicates a significant change.

Latest results: Full results from North Carolina

Pennsylvania

Under what circumstances?: .5 percent or less of the total vote in statewide offices or ballot measures.

When must mandatory recount be completed?: Three weeks after election.

Under what circumstances?: No margin is required. Three qualified electors in each district being contested who allege an error may request a non-mandatory recount.

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount?: Five days after completion of unofficial canvass.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Petitioner, money is returned if fault or error is found.

Wisconsin

Can a non-mandatory recount be requested?: Yes

Under what circumstances?: A margin of 1 percent or less is required in an election with more than 4,000 votes cast.

Deadline to request a non-mandatory recount?: Third business day after county canvass.

When must non-mandatory recount be completed?: Within 13 days of order for recount.

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Petitioner.

• Any candidate may request or any elector who voted on referendum question may request a recount.

• Petitioner is not required to pay fee if difference between votes cast is less than 10 if 4,000 or less votes are cast in race or not more than .25 percent of total votes cast if more than 4,000 votes are cast in race.

•If outcome changes, petitioner is refunded fee; fee is not refunded if vote totals change but outcome does not.

• Upvote 1