Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Kazemi: Our government was formed to express the will of the people

yota691

Al-Kazemi: Our government was formed to express the will of the people

Baghdad: Morning

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed to work calmly and diplomatically to prevent Iraq from sliding into a regional war, while noting that his government was formed to express the will of the people.
Al-Kazemi said in a speech on the occasion of the first anniversary of the October 25 demonstrations: “We recall the memory of the October Revolution to remind ourselves that the people have original rights, a clear voice and a courageous stance,” indicating that “the ruler's job is to listen to the voice of his people.” He added, "The martyrs of the October Revolution have carved the way towards the future, and that the Iraqi social movement has laid down a roadmap that everyone has recognized and we are going to work on it." "We promised to launch a fact-finding system on the events of the October Revolution, despite skepticism, and we formed a team of judges known for their integrity, and we are now in the final stage of the work of the fact-finding committee on the events of the October Revolution," the prime minister added. He called on the demonstrators to "be on guard against malice and stateless people."
Al-Kazemi also affirmed adherence to the June 6 deadline for holding early elections, explaining that "the government will take care of protecting ballot boxes from fraud and fugitive weapons, and we will adopt the biometric system."
  • Upvote 6

Decisions of the Ministerial Council for National Security regarding the October demonstrations {extended}

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, chaired, on Saturday evening, an extraordinary meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security, devoted to discussing measures to protect demonstrations.

The council affirmed in its meeting, according to the government statement, Al-Furat News received a copy of it, "the right to peaceful protest in accordance with the freedoms stipulated in the constitution, and the importance of protecting public and private property in places where demonstrations take place."
He also stressed "the previous directives of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces to affirm the work space of each security apparatus and the duties of each class of security forces." 
The meeting also focused on "the importance of our armed forces, individuals and formations, in a spirit of high discipline, professionalism and competence, in implementation of their sacred duty to provide protection for all and reject any attack on the security forces."
The Council also indicated "the importance of the demonstrators’ commitment to peaceful demonstrations, discipline and cooperation with the security forces, which will enable the voice of the demonstrators to reach their destination, and provide our protesters with maximum protection and freedom of expression. "
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

Al-Kazemi calls on all Iraqis to stand for a minute of silence and recite Surat Al-Fatihah

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi called on all Iraqis to observe a minute of silence and recite Surat Al-Fatiha on Sunday evening.

The spokesman for the Prime Minister, Ahmed Mulla Talal, said in a tweet to him on Twitter: Al-Kazemi “calls on all Iraqis to stand for a minute of silence and read Surat Al-Fatiha for the souls of the martyrs of Iraq and the martyrs of October, the demonstrators and the security forces, at exactly five o'clock in the evening, coinciding with the initiative that The demonstrators called for it in Tahrir Square. "
On Sunday, thousands of Iraqis took to Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, to commemorate the October 2019 revolution.
The protesters are calling for improving services, tackling unemployment and fighting rampant corruption in Iraq, which is the second producer of crude oil in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

• Like 2

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The commander of the law-keeping forces in the Ministry of Interior, Major General Jawad Al-Darraji, informed his forces of the working mechanism in Alawi district in the center of the capital, Baghdad.

He stressed Darraji during a meeting with the forces of law on the need for discipline and commitment in dealing with the demonstrators. "
The demonstrators flocked to squares painful demonstrations in Baghdad and the provinces to commemorate the October 2019 protests.
Ammar al - Masoudi

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Al-Kazemi: Iraq has opened 30 major corruption files and will not surrender to the supporters of the state

Al-Kazemi: Iraq has opened 30 major corruption files and will not surrender to the supporters of the state
Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi
 October 24, 2020 11:40 PM

Mubasher: Mustafa Al-Kazemi, Prime Minister of Iraq, said that “despite the crisis caused by the Corona pandemic, the collapse of oil prices, and we received an economic file burdened with wrong and painful policies, and a treasury emptied by the absence of economic strategies and total dependence on oil, we saved the country's basic needs, and presented a blank paper. An ambitious economic reformist, it put in place long-term solutions to prevent economic collapse, and to encourage agriculture, national industry and investment.

In a speech on the occasion of the first anniversary of the October uprising, which was transmitted by the official page of the Media Office on Facebook, today, Saturday, Al-Kazemi added that this government was formed with an eye towards being an expression of the will of the people, and that was in its government platform.

He continued: "This curriculum was put into effect from the first day of the government’s life, which does not exceed five months, and the first criterion we set on our conscience is that we are a government whose primary goal is to prepare for free, fair and fair elections, and we have determined, without hesitation, the sixth of June. 2021 is the date for these elections, and we are sticking to this date. "

Regarding the parliamentary elections, Al-Kazemi said: “We have worked and are still working, with the assistance of the Election Commission, to complete its preparations for the success of this great event, especially in the event that the distinguished parliament completes the mechanisms of the election law, and we are working to ensure that international organizations and institutions monitor these elections to ensure more transparency and integrity.” . 

Al-Kazemi indicated that serious measures had been started to implement the White Paper, in a way that would serve the people's interests and economic security. 

He added that the government has confirmed that it will take great strides in confronting corruption, and "we have done, for the first time, all component considerations and challenges of influence of some will be overlooked, to open more than thirty large corruption files, as it was impossible to open them previously, and we brought those involved in those files into law."

Al-Kazemi stressed in his speech that the government will never surrender to the supporters of the state, the followers of this or that side, or those affected by this stage, in their continuous attempt to strip the peaceful demonstration of its essence, and planting abusers, opportunists, criminals and seditioners in its ranks, after they failed in Kidnapping of the state by fugitive weapon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Iraqi security fires water cannons and tear gas at protesters in Baghdad ... Pictures
Iraq demonstrations

Reuters

Iraqi security forces used water cannons and fired tear gas at anti-government protesters in Baghdad today, Sunday, to prevent them from crossing barriers on a bridge leading to government buildings.

The skirmishes took place as hundreds of Iraqis demonstrated in the streets of Baghdad and some southern cities in protests to mark the one-year anniversary of mass anti-government demonstrations and unrest in which more than 500 people were killed.

The security forces had been deployed extensively to control the protests that began in the morning and to prevent demonstrators from crossing the Republic Bridge, which leads to the heavily fortified Green Zone and where government buildings and foreign missions are located.

No casualties were reported so far.
2020-10-25T084406Z_477969408_RC2KPJ9PCG8I_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-PROTESTS-ANNIVERSARY 

2020-10-25T085039Z_1855323565_RC2KPJ908H3O_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-PROTESTS-ANNIVERSARY

2020-10-25T085340Z_270191509_RC2KPJ9R308V_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-PROTESTS-ANNIVERSARY

2020-10-25T091251Z_1129728847_RC2LPJ9GYEJ7_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-PROTESTS-ANNIVERSARY

2020-10-25T091605Z_1434073320_RC2LPJ93U7FG_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-PROTESTS-ANNIVERSARY

• Thanks 1

Yahya Rasul: A security force was exposed to a grenade attack near the Al-Sinak and Al-Gomhoria bridges

Baghdad - People  

The spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Yahya Rasool, announced that an officer and 30 affiliates had been injured due to throwing grenades during today's protests.  

Rasul said in a statement, "People" received a copy of it, (October 25, 2020), "The capital, Baghdad, this morning witnessed demonstrations to commemorate the 25th of October, and the accomplishments that were accompanied by it counted for peaceful demonstrators. With the security forces carrying out their duties to protect them. "  

Rasoul added, "However, with great regret, a group affiliated with the demonstrators threw hand grenades at the security forces in charge of securing the demonstrations, wounding two officers and 30 members of the second emergency regiment."  

Rasoul indicated that "this group is still throwing the security services at the Al-Tawaf channels at the Al-Jumhuriya and Al-Sin bridges in Baghdad, while the security forces carrying out the duty to protect the demonstrators continue to abide by the instructions and maintain high restraint despite the violations they have taken."  

Rasoul pointed out that "this matter is rejected because it violates the law. Our security forces will continue to perform their professional duty to maintain security and protect public and private facilities."  

On Sunday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, saluted the "peaceful demonstrators" while calling on the government to open roads and deter those he described as "rude", warning against "collusion with those with foreign agendas and deviant ideas," as he put it.  

Al-Sadr said in a blog post, followed by "People" (October 25, 2020), "The rioting invaders supported from abroad began to push the revolution out of its peace, especially after the Prime Minister announced that the security forces would not be armed !?"    

He added, "Therefore, the government must establish security and deter the impudent from sabotage and destabilizing security," noting that "the government must open roads and restore the prestige of the state. Otherwise, this indicates collusion with those with foreign agendas and perverted ideas."    

Al-Sadr concluded by saying, "May God greet the peaceful demonstrators."    

me_ga.php? id = 7598  

On Sunday, the spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Yahya Rasool, called on the demonstrators not to allow "some of their associates" to throw stones at the security forces in Tahrir Square in central Baghdad.  

Rasoul said in a blog posted on "People" (October 25, 2020), that "the security forces call on the demonstrators not to allow some of their associates in Tahrir Square to throw stones and Molotov cocktails at their brothers in the security forces, and affirm their commitment to protecting the demonstrations and professional dealing with them."      

On Sunday, the capital, Baghdad, is witnessing continuous demonstrations in Tahrir Square and some nearby areas and bridges in a new round of October protests.  

"People" followed the demonstrators' movements and the developments of their movement through eyewitnesses and security sources (October 25, 2020), as the crowds concentrated in Tahrir Square, its approaches, and the Republic Bridge, in light of the continued closure of the Turkish restaurant.        

Demonstrators also gathered in Al-Khilani and Al-Wathba squares, Al-Sinak and Al-Shuhada bridges, while the security forces cut off the Al-Ahrar bridges and the Medical City and Al-Shuhada'a bridges.        

Videos showed light friction between crowds of demonstrators and riot police near the Iraqi Museum in the Alawi area, and another in Al-Wathba Square, where eyewitnesses reported that demonstrators were beaten with sticks, while a security source said that "people threw stones at the forces."        

Protest activities continued in the capital since early morning, with marches and events attended by students who set off in front of the Ministry of Education, and crowds advanced from Tayaran Square.        

On Sunday, the demonstrators in Baghdad continued their protest activities in Tahrir Square and the surrounding streets, while demanding punishment for the "killers" of their comrades.  

Pictures followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed crowds of protesters around Tahrir Square and the tunnel, all the way to the Republic Bridge.            

me_ga.php? id = 7576me_ga.php? id = 7577me_ga.php? id = 7575me_ga.php? id = 7574me_ga.php? id = 7572me_ga.php? id = 7573me_ga.php? id = 7571  

me_ga.php? id = 7580me_ga.php? id = 7579me_ga.php? id = 7578  

On Sunday, the Tahrir Square tunnel in the center of the capital, Baghdad, witnessed a mass rally of demonstrators in an enthusiastic atmosphere.  

A video clip followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed crowds of demonstrators marching inside the tunnel singing the national anthem with the Iraqi flag being raised.    

On Sunday, Wasit governorate joined the governorates participating in the new round of protests.  

A video clip affiliated with "People", (25 October 2020), showed crowds of demonstrators in the center of Kut, chanting patriotic songs and songs.         

me_ga.php? id = 7558me_ga.php? id = 7561me_ga.php? id = 7559me_ga.php? id = 7560  

On Sunday, demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, announcing the start of a new round of October 25 protests.  

Pictures followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed demonstrators marching near the Freedom Monument, while the arrivals of the participants continued from the early morning hours.                  

me_ga.php? id = 7539me_ga.php? id = 7535me_ga.php? id = 7540me_ga.php? id = 7542me_ga.php? id = 7534me_ga.php? id = 7541me_ga.php? id = 7538me_ga.php? id = 7537  

On Sunday, the demonstrations in Basra began with a unified march, which carried the basic demands of the protests and pictures of the victims.  

The "People" correspondent (October 25, 2020) said that the demonstrations were renewed in the city with a march organized by crowds of demonstrators, which started from the Al-Jubaila area towards the Al-Bahriya sit-in square.                    

A video clip followed by "People" showed protesters raising banners and pictures of protest victims, in an atmosphere of enthusiastic chants.     

On Sunday, Al-Haboubi Square, the center of demonstrations in Dhi Qar Governorate, witnessed protest activities that included marches and chants that carried the basic demands of the Tishreen Movement.  

"People" (25 October 2020) monitored video clips of the square, which was filled with crowds of demonstrators since the early morning hours.     

me_ga.php? id = 7532me_ga.php? id = 7531me_ga.php? id = 7529me_ga.php? id = 7530  

me_ga.php? id = 7554me_ga.php? id = 7553me_ga.php? id = 7552  

On Saturday, many demonstrators flocked to Al-Haboubi Square in Dhi Qar Governorate, in preparation for tomorrow's demonstrations, Sunday (October 25, 2020).  

Pictures obtained by "people" (October 24, 2020) showed that a number of demonstrators flocked to Al-Haboubi Square, and banners were installed that read (October 25 Revolution is the date for the revolutionaries).                      

The Dhi Qar demonstrators announced a set of demands, the most prominent of which is to uncover the killers of the demonstrators, while they emphasized the continuation of peaceful demonstrations and the preservation of public property.  

The demonstrators said in a statement that "People" received a copy of it (October 24, 2020), "Our demands are focused on:                    

1- Speeding up the detection of the killers of the demonstrators and activists throughout Iraq and the release of the disappeared and kidnapped.                    

2- The formation of an independent election commission under UN supervision to ensure the fair and impartial electoral process.                    

3- Resolve and ratify the Federal Court’s law file and complete its legal quorum in order for it to ratify early elections and dissolve the corrupt parliament.                    

4- Activating the political parties law, restricting weapons in the hands of the state, and dissolving the armed militias that participated in the killing of peaceful demonstrators.                    

Concerning the popular sanctuary, the statement emphasized:                    

1- Peacefulness, which was the weapon of the demonstrators from the first moment to the present day, and we do not choose another path for any reason.                    

2- Preserving private and public property and we reject all forms of sabotage carried out by saboteurs and infiltrators from the agents of the corrupt parties and currents and others.                    

3- Full cooperation with the security services in maintaining order and civil peace, and not to block roads and bridges.                     

Al-Haboubi's statement indicated "the support and support of the demonstrators in the uprising governorates, who staged a sit-in in front of the green gates."                    

On Sunday, Najaf province students began mass demonstrations in a new round of October protests.    

And "People" (25 October 2020), pictures showing the influx of many students from Najaf Governorate to the sit-in square, where they raised the basic demands of the demonstrations and the pictures of the victims.                    

The "People" correspondent said, "The governorate has witnessed security tightening since the early hours of the morning in preparation for the commemoration of the October demonstrations in their first anniversary, as security forces are deployed in many intersections and main streets leading to the areas and the streets of the demonstration."                    

me_ga.php? id = 7545me_ga.php? id = 7547me_ga.php? id = 7546me_ga.php? id = 7543me_ga.php? id = 7544me_ga.php? id = 7548  

me_ga.php? id = 7549me_ga.php? id = 7551me_ga.php? id = 7550  

On Sunday, Maysan Governorate joined the cities participating in the new round of protests, through street marches in the city of Amara.   

The "People" correspondent said (October 25, 2020), that the governorate witnessed protest marches in a number of its areas and streets, as the Tigris Street in the center of the city of Amara witnessed crowds of protesters who raised the Iraqi flag and banners bearing the demands of the basic demonstrations.                    

me_ga.php? id = 7557me_ga.php? id = 7556me_ga.php? id = 7555  

Today, Saturday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed the importance of the security forces ’commitment to their duties in protecting demonstrators, during an 'exceptional' meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security.  

A cabinet statement that "People" received a copy of (October 24, 2020) stated, "The council affirmed in its meeting the right to peaceful protest in accordance with the freedoms stipulated in the constitution, and the importance of protecting public and private property in places where demonstrations take place."                    

He added, "He also stressed the directives of the Commander-in-Chief of the previous armed forces, to confirm the work space of each security apparatus, and the duties of each class of security forces."                    

The meeting also focused, according to the statement, "the importance of our armed forces, as individuals and formations, in a spirit of high discipline, professionalism and specialization, in implementation of their sacred duty to provide protection for all and reject any attack on the security forces."                    

The statement indicated that "the council demonstrated the importance of the demonstrators’ commitment to peaceful demonstration, discipline and cooperation with the security forces, which would enable the protesters ’voice to reach their destination, and provide our protesters with maximum protection and freedom of expression."                    

On Sunday, the spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Yahya Rasool, sent a message to the demonstrators in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, coinciding with the start of the decrees to revive the October demonstrations.  

Rasul said in a statement that "People" received a copy of it (October 25, 2020), "We call on our protesters not to demonstrate outside Tahrir Square in Baghdad because it is fully secured, and we also call on them to cooperate with the security services and report any negative or suspicious case and not allow some Claiming that they belong to the demonstrators by attacking the security forces present to protect them, as they are their countrymen. "                    

He added, "In addition, the security services have strict instructions to take the necessary legal measures against anyone who tries to encroach on public and private property or attacks the security services and demonstrators."         

• Thanks 2

Al-Kazemi: Demonstrations are a right stipulated in the constitution

The demonstrations in Baghdad and the central and southern governorates of the country enjoyed government support and support, amid assurances to maintain peace and prevent the carrying of weapons inside the demonstration squares.
Thousands of people demonstrated, on Sunday, on the occasion of the first anniversary of October 25, while the demonstration squares witnessed tight security measures to secure the demonstrators.
The demonstrations were not punctuated by major violence and clashes, with the exception of some outlaws throwing hand grenades at the security forces in charge of securing the demonstrations.
The Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, visited the headquarters of the Joint Operations Command, Baghdad Operations and the Federal Police yesterday, to check on the performance of the security forces in protecting the demonstrators, and he also chaired an extraordinary meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security in this regard. 
Al-Kazemi stressed, "The right to peaceful protest in accordance with the freedoms stipulated in the constitution, and the importance of protecting public and private property in the places where it takes place."
Demonstrations. " 
He pointed to "the importance of our armed forces, individuals and formations, in a spirit of high discipline, professionalism and specialization, in implementation of their sacred duty to provide protection for all and reject any attack on the security forces," noting "the importance of the demonstrators’ commitment to peaceful demonstration, discipline and cooperation with the security forces. " 
During the inspection visit, the Prime Minister followed the overall organizational and precautionary measures taken by the security forces to ensure the peaceful demonstrations and the safety of demonstrators, as well as securing public and private property.
In the meantime, the spokesman for the Prime Minister, Ahmed Mulla Talal, confirmed that the government is proud of the protests in Baghdad and a number of provinces, indicating that protecting the demonstrations is the government's responsibility.
He said: "The prime minister recommended the demonstrators to maintain peace and sort out the infiltrators who are trying to distort this image that the Iraqi people are proud of, and the government is responsible for protecting the demonstrations." Meanwhile, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, confirmed, in a tweet on "Twitter," that "infiltrators and rioters supported from abroad are taking the revolution out of its peace."
He added, "The government must maintain security and deter the impudent from sabotage and destabilizing security, and the government must open roads and restore the prestige of the state." In addition, Minister of Interior Othman Al-Ghanimi said, in a press conference, that "the directive was in all the leaderships in the governorates and Baghdad to conduct security checks for arrivals."
He added, "There are those who are trying to offend the uprising, and are invading the ranks of the demonstrators, to create a bubble and divert it from its peacefulness by the time it reaps its fruits." 
While the spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Yahya Rasoul, stated, "A group affiliated with the demonstrators threw hand grenades at the security forces in charge of securing the demonstrations, wounding two officers and 30 employees of the second emergency regiment." 
Rasul affirmed, "The security forces carrying out the duty to protect the demonstrators continue to abide by the instructions and maintain high restraint, despite the abuses committed against them." 
The Joint Operations Command had issued orders not to carry weapons by the security forces at all in the demonstration squares, while it announced the arrest of people carrying sharp tools and Molotov cocktails.
  • Thanks 1

Baghdad: "The Gulf", agencies 

The Iraqi demonstrators in Baghdad, the central and southern governorates, yesterday, Sunday, commemorated the first anniversary of the start of the Iraqi demonstrations that came out against the corrupt and thieves, and to demand accountability, and to call for the amendment of the constitution, amid tight security measures, before clashes broke out between demonstrators and security forces in the capital, he mentioned During that time, some officers and about 30 soldiers were wounded, in addition to dozens of demonstrators. 

Baghdad witnessed large-scale demonstrations in Tahrir and Al-Khalani squares, in which the demonstrators raised slogans demanding accountability and bringing to justice the killers of the demonstrators, and the demonstrators called for the disclosure of the disappeared and kidnapped, while the security forces closed the Martyrs Bridge and the Green Zone gate from the suspended bridge, the Shuhada Bridge, and Street Abu Nawas, as it spread in Rusafi Square near the Central Bank of Iraq. Security forces used water cannons and fired tear gas at anti-government protesters to prevent them from crossing the checkpoints on the Jumhuriya Bridge leading to government buildings.

Clashes in Baghdad

The demonstrators tried to expand their demonstrations by being in the museum square, but the security forces expelled them, and a security source revealed the toll of injuries as a result of the clashes that took place between the security forces and the protesters in Baghdad, indicating that three officers were wounded with the ranks of colonel, lieutenant colonel, captain, and more than 30 soldiers were targeted by hand grenades, while dozens of demonstrators were wounded. 

The military spokesman, Major General Yahya Rasool, called on the demonstrators to "not allow some of those affiliated to them to throw stones and Molotov cocktails at the security forces," stressing their "commitment to protecting the demonstrations and dealing professionally with them." The Minister of Interior, Othman Al-Ghanimi, in turn, stressed the importance of protecting peaceful demonstrators, pointing out that the "October uprising" achieved many goals, among them replacing the previous government with the current government, approving the Electoral Commission law, and now in the process of approving the Federal Court law. 

The south is rising

In Najaf, university students participated in a large demonstration in front of the 20th Revolution Square. Another demonstration was launched in front of the building of the University of Kufa, amid tight security measures. In Babil Governorate, demonstrators commemorated the first anniversary of the demonstrations, and some demonstrators accused the security forces of preventing them from reaching Baghdad. In Diwaniyah, the demonstrators revived this memory inside the city. Karbala also witnessed a large demonstration, as well as the city of Samawah, the center of the Muthanna Governorate, which witnessed a large demonstration, demanding better services, and accountability for the killers of protesters, corrupt people and theft of public money.

Thousands demonstrated in Al-Haboubi Square, in the center of Nasiriyah, the center of Dhi Qar governorate, amid tight security measures, as the demonstrators raised the Iraqi flag, renewing their demands for accountability for the protesters ’killers, amending the constitution, and implementing the legitimate demands of the protest squares. 

Protesters are protected

On the other hand, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed, during his visit to the headquarters of the Joint Operations Command, that the first duty of the security forces is to protect the demonstrators, and their right to express their views, and at the same time the importance of preserving the peacefulness of the demonstrations, and protecting our security forces that are carrying out their duty. Al-Kazemi called on Iraqis to observe a minute of silence for the souls of the "October martyrs." "Al-Kazemi called on all Iraqis to stand for a minute of silence and read Al-Fatihah on the souls of the Iraqi martyrs and the October martyrs, from the demonstrators and the security forces," said Ahmed Al-Mulla Talal, a spokesman for Al-Kazemi, in a tweet on his Twitter account.

• Upvote 2

Al-Kazemi praises the peaceful protests ... a high commitment of the security forces

Baghdad - People  

On Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi praised the peaceful popular protests that took place in the capital Baghdad and other provinces yesterday.  

Al-Kazemi said in a blog posted on "People" (October 26, 2020), that "the Baghdad demonstrations were a peaceful reminder of the October events, the majority of which were peaceful demonstrators who demonstrated their commitment and patriotism."  

He added, "There were some trespassers on our heroic security forces who showed the highest levels of restraint and commitment and made sacrifices."  

He continued, "These events should be lessons for all of us. Our unity is hope."  

The Prime Minister, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, visited the Baghdad Operations Command, the Joint Operations Command, and the Federal Police.  

A statement issued by Al-Kazemi's office, which "people" received a copy of (October 25, 2020) stated that “The Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mr. Mustafa Al-Kazemi, visited today, Sunday, the headquarters of the Joint Operations Command, Baghdad Operations and the Federal Police, to check on the performance of the forces. The security forces protect the demonstrators in today's demonstrations. "    

He added, "His Excellency stressed his previous directives in dealing with situations with professionalism and adherence to specific duties towards the security services and the various types of armed forces."    

He continued, "His Excellency also affirmed that the first duty of the security forces is to protect the demonstrators and their right to express their views, and at the same time the importance of preserving the peacefulness of the demonstrations and protecting our security forces that are carrying out their duty." All the organizational and precautionary measures taken by the security forces to ensure the peaceful demonstrations and the safety of demonstrators, as well as securing public and private property.    

Yesterday, Sunday, the capital Baghdad witnessed continuous demonstrations in Tahrir Square and some nearby areas and bridges in a new round of October protests.  

"People" followed the demonstrators' movements and the developments of their movement through eyewitnesses and security sources (October 25, 2020), as the crowds concentrated in Tahrir Square, its approaches, and the Republic Bridge, in light of the continued closure of the Turkish restaurant.        

Demonstrators also gathered in Al-Khilani and Al-Wathba squares, Al-Sinak and Al-Shuhada bridges, while the security forces cut off the Al-Ahrar bridges and the Medical City and Al-Shuhada'a bridges.        

Videos showed light friction between crowds of demonstrators and riot police near the Iraqi Museum in the Alawi area, and another in Al-Wathba Square, where eyewitnesses reported that demonstrators were beaten with sticks, while a security source said that "people threw stones at the forces."        

Protest activities continued in the capital since early morning, with marches and events attended by students who set off in front of the Ministry of Education, and crowds advanced from Tayaran Square.        

On Sunday, the demonstrators in Baghdad continued their protest activities in Tahrir Square and the surrounding streets, while demanding punishment for the "killers" of their comrades.  

Pictures followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed crowds of protesters around Tahrir Square and the tunnel, all the way to the Republic Bridge.            

me_ga.php? id = 7576me_ga.php? id = 7577me_ga.php? id = 7575me_ga.php? id = 7574me_ga.php? id = 7572me_ga.php? id = 7573me_ga.php? id = 7571  

me_ga.php? id = 7580me_ga.php? id = 7579me_ga.php? id = 7578  

On Sunday, the Tahrir Square tunnel in the center of the capital, Baghdad, witnessed a mass rally of demonstrators in an enthusiastic atmosphere.  

A video clip followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed crowds of demonstrators marching inside the tunnel singing the national anthem with the Iraqi flag being raised.

On Sunday, Wasit governorate joined the governorates participating in the new round of protests.  

A video clip affiliated with "People", (25 October 2020), showed crowds of demonstrators in the center of Kut, chanting patriotic songs and songs.

me_ga.php? id = 7558me_ga.php? id = 7561me_ga.php? id = 7559me_ga.php? id = 7560  

On Sunday, demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, announcing the start of a new round of October 25 protests.  

Pictures followed by "People" (25 October 2020) showed demonstrators marching near the Freedom Monument, while the arrivals of the participants continued from the early morning hours.                  

me_ga.php? id = 7539me_ga.php? id = 7535me_ga.php? id = 7540me_ga.php? id = 7542me_ga.php? id = 7534me_ga.php? id = 7541me_ga.php? id = 7538me_ga.php? id = 7537  

On Sunday, the demonstrations in Basra began with a unified march, which carried the basic demands of the protests and pictures of the victims.  

The "People" correspondent (October 25, 2020) said that the demonstrations were renewed in the city with a march organized by crowds of demonstrators, which started from the Al-Jubaila area towards the Al-Bahriya sit-in square.                    

A video clip followed by "People" showed protesters raising banners and pictures of protest victims, in an atmosphere of enthusiastic chants.  

On Sunday, Al-Haboubi Square, the center of demonstrations in Dhi Qar Governorate, witnessed protest activities that included marches and chants that carried the basic demands of the Tishreen Movement.  

"People" (25 October 2020) monitored video clips of the square, which was filled with crowds of demonstrators since the early morning hours.   

me_ga.php? id = 7532me_ga.php? id = 7531me_ga.php? id = 7529me_ga.php? id = 7530  

me_ga.php? id = 7554me_ga.php? id = 7553me_ga.php? id = 7552  

On Saturday, many demonstrators flocked to Al-Haboubi Square in Dhi Qar Governorate, in preparation for tomorrow's demonstrations, Sunday (October 25, 2020).  

Pictures obtained by "people" (October 24, 2020) showed that a number of demonstrators flocked to Al-Haboubi Square, and banners were installed that read (October 25 Revolution is the date for the revolutionaries).                      

The Dhi Qar demonstrators announced a set of demands, the most prominent of which is to uncover the killers of the demonstrators, while they emphasized the continuation of peaceful demonstrations and the preservation of public property.  

The demonstrators said in a statement that "People" received a copy of it (October 24, 2020), "Our demands are focused on:                    

1- Speeding up the detection of the killers of the demonstrators and activists throughout Iraq and the release of the disappeared and kidnapped.                    

2- The formation of an independent election commission under UN supervision to ensure the fair and impartial electoral process.                    

3- Resolve and ratify the Federal Court’s law file and complete its legal quorum in order for it to ratify early elections and dissolve the corrupt parliament.                    

4- Activating the political parties law, restricting weapons in the hands of the state, and dissolving the armed militias that participated in the killing of peaceful demonstrators.                    

Concerning the popular sanctuary, the statement emphasized:                    

1- Peacefulness, which was the weapon of the demonstrators from the first moment to the present day, and we do not choose another path for any reason.                    

2- Preserving private and public property and we reject all forms of sabotage carried out by saboteurs and infiltrators from the agents of the corrupt parties and currents and others.                    

3- Full cooperation with the security services in maintaining order and civil peace, and not to block roads and bridges.                     

Al-Haboubi's statement indicated "the support and support of the demonstrators in the uprising governorates, who staged a sit-in in front of the green gates."                    

On Sunday, Najaf province students began mass demonstrations in a new round of October protests.    

And "People" (25 October 2020), pictures showing the influx of many students from Najaf Governorate to the sit-in square, where they raised the basic demands of the demonstrations and the pictures of the victims.                    

The "People" correspondent said, "The governorate has witnessed security tightening since the early hours of the morning in preparation for the commemoration of the October demonstrations in their first anniversary, as security forces are deployed in many intersections and main streets leading to the areas and the streets of the demonstration."                    

me_ga.php? id = 7545me_ga.php? id = 7547me_ga.php? id = 7546me_ga.php? id = 7543me_ga.php? id = 7544me_ga.php? id = 7548  

me_ga.php? id = 7549me_ga.php? id = 7551me_ga.php? id = 7550  

On Sunday, Maysan Governorate joined the cities participating in the new round of protests, through street marches in the city of Amara.   

The "People" correspondent said (October 25, 2020), that the governorate witnessed protest marches in a number of its areas and streets, as the Tigris Street in the center of the city of Amara witnessed crowds of protesters who raised the Iraqi flag and banners bearing the demands of the basic demonstrations.                    

me_ga.php? id = 7557me_ga.php? id = 7556me_ga.php? id = 7555  

Today, Saturday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed the importance of the security forces ’commitment to their duties in protecting demonstrators, during an 'exceptional' meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security.  

A cabinet statement that "People" received a copy of (October 24, 2020) stated, "The council affirmed in its meeting the right to peaceful protest in accordance with the freedoms stipulated in the constitution, and the importance of protecting public and private property in places where demonstrations take place."                    

He added, "He also stressed the directives of the Commander-in-Chief of the previous armed forces, to confirm the work space of each security apparatus, and the duties of each class of security forces."                    

The meeting also focused, according to the statement, "the importance of our armed forces, as individuals and formations, in a spirit of high discipline, professionalism and specialization, in implementation of their sacred duty to provide protection for all and reject any attack on the security forces."                    

The statement indicated that "the council demonstrated the importance of the demonstrators’ commitment to peaceful demonstration, discipline and cooperation with the security forces, which would enable the protesters ’voice to reach their destination, and provide our protesters with maximum protection and freedom of expression."                    

On Sunday, the spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Yahya Rasool, sent a message to the demonstrators in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, coinciding with the start of the decrees to revive the October demonstrations.  

Rasul said in a statement that "People" received a copy of it (October 25, 2020), "We call on our protesters not to demonstrate outside Tahrir Square in Baghdad because it is fully secured, and we also call on them to cooperate with the security services and report any negative or suspicious case and not allow some Claiming that they belong to the demonstrators by attacking the security forces present to protect them, as they are their countrymen. "                    

He added, "In addition, the security services have strict instructions to take the necessary legal measures against anyone who tries to encroach on public and private property or attacks the security services and demonstrators."  

• Upvote 2

October 27, 2020

01:16 AM
 Read 2 minutes

Baghdad, "the Gulf", agencies: 

Yesterday, Monday, clashes renewed between Iraqi demonstrators and security forces in Tahrir Square, after the demonstrations in Baghdad. In commemoration of the first anniversary of the "October Revolution", while the city of Karbala also witnessed clashes at night, while the Iraqi Human Rights Commission confirmed the injury of 171 people from both sides during the demonstrations on Sunday, while Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi considered that the Baghdad demonstrations were a peaceful remembrance of the events. October, and it should be lessons for all of us, that our unity is hope. 

Dozens of young men tried to cross the Republic Bridge, which connects Tahrir Square with the Green Zone. Where the seat of government, parliament and the US embassy.

Demonstrators threw rocks and tried to break through police barriers, who responded with tear gas and stun grenades. The protesters of Tahrir Square in Baghdad mourned a colleague who was drowned in the Tigris River in the area below the Al-Jumhuriya Bridge adjacent to the square. The demonstrators in Tahrir Square paid the funeral of their colleague while waving Iraqi flags. A security source had stated, "A rescue boat is searching for a child after he threw himself from the top of the Republic Bridge." The source added: "The child threw himself after the explosion of a Molotov cocktail he was trying to throw."

In southern cities, demonstrators in the city of Karbala, which was the scene of night demonstrations last year, threw stones at police officers taking shelter behind iron shields and carrying batons, who in turn threw them at the demonstrators again. In Nasiriyah, the historical stronghold of the demonstrations in Iraq, hundreds of demonstrators stayed until late at night at Al-Haboubi Square, chanting the national anthem and slogans calling for the peace of the movement. The city of Diwaniyah witnessed similar demonstrations, during which demonstrators burned tires for some time in a number of streets in the city center, while the city of Hilla witnessed similar clashes. Meanwhile, the Iraqi Human Rights Commission announced that 171 people, including 32 protesters and 139 members of the security forces, were injured throughout Iraq, during the demonstrations that began, since Saturday; On the occasion of the first anniversary of the "October uprising".  

On the other hand, Al-Kazemi stressed, in a tweet on his personal page on the social networking site "Twitter", that the Baghdad demonstrations were a peaceful remembrance of the October events. Most of the peaceful demonstrators have proven their commitment and patriotism. And there were some trespassers on our heroic security forces, who showed the highest levels of restraint, commitment and made sacrifices. He added: These events should be lessons for us all. Our unity is hope.

• Thanks 1

Plasschaert expresses her satisfaction with the security forces' handling of the demonstrators

The Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jeanine Hennes Plasschaert, expressed her deep satisfaction with the security forces' treatment of the demonstrators with all professionalism and humanity, stressing that the current stage has witnessed a clear difference in dealing with the demonstrations, and a great difference from last year. 
This came during the meeting of the National Security Adviser, Qassem Al-Araji, with the UN representative.
Al-Araji confirmed, according to a statement by his office, that "the directives of the government headed by Al-Kazemi were a roadmap for dealing with the demands of citizens and understanding their message."
Al-Araji praised the "cooperation of the demonstrators and their desire to restore normal life to the center of the capital, Baghdad," praising "the high discipline of the security forces, as well as their preservation of security and safety." The protesters. "
  • Upvote 1