Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

United Steelworkers Union Shines 'Biden Harris' Sign On Trump Tower In Chicago

Politics

National steelworkers union shines 'Biden Harris' sign on Trump Tower in Chicago

1f592b80-0f2b-11eb-adb7-b5359414a0d1
Inyoung Choi
Business InsiderOctober 18, 2020

Trump Tower USW Batlight
USW beamed a "Biden Harris" sign on Trump Tower in Chicago. @USWBat/Twitter
  • The United Steelworkers cast a Biden-Harris "batlight" on Chicago's Trump Tower early Saturday. 

• Since September, the union has been shining images on buildings after dark encouraging voter turnout among workers as part of a "batlight" tour.

• In 2014, the Trump Tower installed a huge "Trump" sign on its building that is located in the middle of a touristy attraction along the Chicago River.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The United Steelworkers beamed a "Biden Harris" sign onto the Trump Tower in Chicago, Illinois early Saturday. 

USW posted photos of a "batlight" the union cast in support of Democratic nominee Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris on the Trump International and Hotel & Tower Chicago on Saturday morning.

In September, the union kicked off a "batlight" tour where they use an outdoor projector to shine images on buildings after dark encouraging voter turnout among workers, according to a press release from USW. A spokesperson for USW told Business Insider that the "batlight" on Trump tower was a part of the "batlight" tour encouraging people to "have a plan to vote" and promoting their "endorsement of Joe Biden."

In 2014, the Trump Tower installed a huge, illuminated "Trump" sign in front of the 98-story tall building, which is situated in the popular tourist designation of the Chicago River. The giant logo stirred controversy from the Chicago public and then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel called it an "architecturally tasteless sign."

A spokesperson for the Trump International and Hotel  & Tower Chicago did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-steelworkers-union-shines-biden-203301115.html

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Shabibilicious changed the title to United Steelworkers Union Shines 'Biden Harris' Sign On Trump Tower In Chicago

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-falsely-claims-union-endorsement-during-abc-town-hall

Biden falsely claims union endorsement during ABC town hall

Biden defends economic agenda in town hall

Former Obama economic adviser Robert Wolf and FreedomWorks economist Stephen Moore break down Joe Biden's vs. President Trump’s economic agendas on ‘Fox & Friends.’

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden pushed back at a town hall Thursday against suspicion from a boilermakers union member regarding his position on fracking by insisting that the union endorsed him, when no such endorsement appears to have been given.

During the ABC event, host George Stephanopoulos brought up Biden's claim that he does not want to ban fracking, while noting that Boilermakers Local 154 member Sean Steffee told the New York Times that this is inconsistent with his goal of ending the use of fossil fuels.

FRACKING FLIP-FLOP? HARRIS' PAST REMARKS RESURFACE AFTER CLAIMING BIDEN WH WOULDN'T ISSUE BAN

"The boilermakers overwhelmingly endorse me, okay?" Biden responded. "So the Boilermakers Union has endorsed me because I sat down with them, went into great detail with leadership, exactly what I would do, number one."

The International Boilermakers Union, however, made it clear on its website that it has not endorsed anyone. The Local 154 endorsed President Trump in a September message from business leader John Hughes.

"It is with great honor that I write this letter to endorse your campaign as you run for re-election of the President of the United States," Hughes said. "I am happy to support your administration as you have proven to be a true friend of the Boilermakers, and I wish you the best of luck in your campaign."

Fox News reached out to the Biden campaign for comment but they did not immediately respond.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2