Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Good Evening Dinar Vets, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:RON

*** Kaperoni   Shabibi maintained IMF compliance (2% stability) from late 2011 throughout 2012 prior to announcing his intentions. Currently, under the new governor the spread is now close to 5%.  Meeting exchange rate stability is a prerequisite to acceptance into IMF Article VIII. As we have stated before, once in compliance (2% or less) they must maintain it for at least 90 days. Ali al-Alaq maintained stability and the 2% compliance as well for 16 to 18 months and never made the move to Article VIII. Which I assume is part of the reason why he was replaced recently.

*** StephenMac63   If they RI at 1 to 1...the iqd is already in use inside of the country, what they are looking for is a better value than 1190 it's sitting at now.  CBI said the value will be 1 QD will equal 1 USD. That's for the inside of the country.  The Reinstatement...thats for Iraq to have bragging rights to the world. This will be seen on Forex, CBI website, and at your local bank.  If Iraq was reintroduced to the world at a rate of 1 USD per 1 IQD, what would happen? Yes, many of the Dinarians will jump off the train and head-on with their lives. CBI is expecting that in any case. But more importantly, there were several laws that were put into place...and this allowed them to be International...of which has more value than being under sanctions, therefore, it's highly probable that we won't ever see 1 to 1. Iraq will always see, in-country, that 1 USD is 1 IQD. But it's the value that counts...(post 1 of 3)...

*** StephenMac63   Once it's International and if it came out at 1 to 1, Forex would get a hold of this, and the currency market would be in a flurry. The only reason Forex would get a hold of it is because it would be international. With that labeling comes Laws, that offers protection to both Iraq and to International investors. As an International Investor, you would want International protection... and this is offered with the laws. What kind of International Investor would purchase large amounts of IQD once it's International?  Hedge Fund Firms...if they see that the IQD is at 1 USD and comes with legal protection, you can bet they would try and buy every single IQD possible because once it hit $4 per IQD (speculative), they would have made 3 dollars profit on a 1 dollar investment...(post 2 of 3)...

*** StephenMac63   It is, for this reason, I do not see 1 IQD be 1 USD on Forex. I expect more. Yes, it will fluctuate at some point but everyone has to decide how long they want to be in it for. Liberal Hedge Fund firms will take a chance on getting involved with something speculative in hopes of striking it rich. Conservative firms will generally stick with a tried and true process, but they don't make as much, per se.  My guess, with the number of people that hold the IQD at this moment, 80+/- percent will exchange at a dollar (if it's even available at that upon entering the International arena)...and it wont take two weeks, probably more like 1 week. OK, more like 4 days max. The other 20 percent will probably exchange a note, set themselves up, pay off bills and start their plan while they wait and watch...just a guess...Imo, of course. ..(post 3 of 3)... 

*** Frank26  ...who controls the oil and the gas sales in Iraq Well now it's a partnership...it was established because of what Kazemi did that he was told to do by Donald Trump.  And that's just gas and oil.  Wait till you hear the rest of the minerals...this will stop all the corruption in the oil industry of Iraq...Isn't that wonderful.  Let me see, 'Kazemi go back home and get rid of Iranian influence before you raise the value of your currency...'  That's why you wanted the HCL...because it requires a new rate.  This will stop all corruption in the oil and gas industry of Iraq and Iran you lose.

*** MilitiaMan  Article: "The government intends to apply income tax to salaries and allowances, starting from the current month"  ...there are many things showing up that equate to more pressure. This would be one of them...Putting taxes on them without Purchasing Power? That will not fly...imo!

:tiphat:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, nannab said:

Thanks Ron and GE to you. :D

This cannot come fast enough now. With all of the articles

about HCL and Article 140 coming out.  I'm crazy enough on my own.

I am with you nannab ..  but so much mixed news daily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      Good Afternoon DV, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON

***  Breitling ***  Here's what's interesting.  I want you to understand this.  Especially the pro Trump people.  You know I'm a conservative.  The people that created the Iraqi dinar are hoping that Biden gets in.  That's Cheney, Bush Jr., Donald Rumsfeld all these guys.  Isn't that kinda strange?  A lot of people are incorrectly thinking that if Trump doesn't stay in office this thing is over...Cheney, Bush Jr., Donald Rumsfeld all these guys they want Biden to get in.  Completely against what I want but that's the reality prism you need to look through...

*** Walkingstick *** & *** Frank26 *** The ATMs in Iraq's banks are soon to go live with the new small category notes because the ATMs must be on the same page with the banks of Iraq...they are not live right now but we will know when they go live...

• By ronscarpa
      Good Morning DV, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON

*** MilitiaMan   Article:  "An economist calls for deleting the three zeros from the dinar to strengthen the local currency."  Quote: "He added: The monetary mass can become approximately 15 to 25 trillion (billion?) dinars and the value of the new dinar converges to the value of the dollar, which facilitates the process of calculation and allows small and new denominations of cash to appear in the money market."  The economist in the above seems to b suggesting a new dinar is to be the value of the dollar... If that is not leakage I don't know what is. There are people on the ground in Iraq talking about the exchange rate change that is coming.  This is evidence of it too.  We know they printed a new issue of currency from the CBI site, imo. They spent money and large sums of money on it.  To adjust to or converge to the value of the dollar, they will have a need for the new issue...

*** Delta   This is the first time I see coordination between the parliament, the government and the CBI.  For the first time ever you see parliament asking the CBI to delete the 3 zeros and make the currency stronger. We've never had this before.  This is good news because everyone is lining up with everything...

*** Footforward   [When does the 2021 budget start?]  they are trying to vote on it this Saturday. It would come into effect April 1, 2021...But I've always felt the budget doesn't matter...

That's all for today ... Blessings ... RON
    • By ronscarpa
      Good Morning DV, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON

*** Frank26   someone says to me 'Frank, if Biden is elected president this all goes down the toilet doesn't it?"  As far as the Iraqi dinar monetary reform goes that belongs to Iraq and Iraq is a sovereign country.  They can do what they want...Iraq is now going to be the central financial hub of the Middle East and all the middle eastern countries will support them in a basket...

*** Mnt Goat  Article: "IRAQI GOVERNMENT SETS NEW DATE FOR DEBATE ON 2021 BUDGET BILL" Quote: "He added that the government is continuing to hold elections on time."   We need to all pray that the CBI moves ahead, as planned, to reinstate the dinar prior to elections in June. If not we could be waiting yet another year.

• By ronscarpa
      Good Evening DV, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON

*** Adam Montana   Article:  "Final touches on the amendment of the law of the national oil company"   Quote: "The Parliamentary Oil and Energy Committee put "the final touches" on amending the law of the national oil company, indicating that it will pave the way for the initiation of the oil and gas law."  THIS IS HCL... What more do I need to say?! The good news just keeps piling up!  GO RRRVVVV!!!

*** Walkingstick and *** Frank26   Do you remember I told you about the satellite banks?  The CBI established many many banks.  And they started with the United States of America, remember?  ...the CBI will tell you about these banks when they lift the value because they are going to want you to go into these banks to exchange your dinar there.  You know why?  Because those banks will send the dinars back to the CBI.  If you go into an American bank they are going to send it to the United States Treasury.  They need to collect all their 3 zeros.  All these satellite banks IMO are now notified.

*** Mnt Goat   Folks today the news is all about the monetary policy of Iraq and what to do with the currency. Can the news get any clearer than this that they are debating a course of action? ...I know they have already decided a course of action...I am in communication with the CBI. I have been told they are going to move ahead with the project to delete the zeros sometimes prior to Christmas holidays in preparation for the early January reinstatement. ...The initial rate once they drop the zeros will be right around what I told you...It has not changed. [reference Mnt Goat posts 10-14-2020 & 10-9-2020, part 3]  ...remember they must wait a period of time to monitor for inflation prior to the FOREX reinstatement. I believe this is the time when they may allow us to come in and exchange... 

That's all folks ... blessings ... Ron

• By ronscarpa
      Good Afternoon DV, here's a few opinions & comments that might be of interest to you. Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON

*** Delta   ...For the first time ever they  [Iraq's parliament] demanded the CBI to lift the 3 zeros.  We dreamed about this...remember everyone before was against it.  But now it's all over the news.  We are on the verge to see something...there is a very high possibility, I may be wrong, they told us the 2021 budget has the rate.  The council of ministers is going to pass it on Saturday.  That means if there's a rate in it then everyone [Parliament] is going to be exposed...so sometimes between now and then IMO that is another possible window maybe the CBI might show us the rate. Unless the government postpones that [passing along the budget] again...

*** Walkingstick & *** Frank26  We believe IOO that the floor managers of Iraqi banks are now receiving the information that the executive level and the senior executive level have received.

*** Frank26  ...It's going fast...I say this in a very facetious way, I'm kinda bored.  All they do is talk about [In articles] is a new exchange rate, lifting the 3 zeros, a new currency! <playful yawn>...the beauty is that they're talking about it...it's pretty obvious...Everybody knows!  It's very hard to keep a secret in Iraq...

***  Breitling   It's a beautiful thing what's happening right now.  One way or the other I promise you it doesn't matter if Biden is in there or Trump is in there.  Nothing has been taken off the table.  The difference is going to be the rate on it climbing.  Under Biden or Under Trump it's going to come out the same rate whether it's .53, .46, .70 whatever but how it climbs from that point on will be determined on the way they're structured the market.  Biden is different from Trump.  That's all it is...it's the speed that changes.  That's it.  So nothing to worry about...

• Testing the Rocker Badge!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.