Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pelosi Melt down.......

20 minutes ago, tjokie said:

ANY CAREER POLITICIAN CAN NOT POSSIBLY HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE THE COMMON PERSON!  I DON'T CARE WHICH SIDE OF THE ISLE YOU'RE ON!!

I'm not raining on your rant, tjokie...found it quite enlightening, as a matter of fact....and everybody is entitled to their opinion.  That said, this all caps portion of your post struck me odd.  I agree with your career politician statement, but do you suppose a self professed billionaire, who inherited millions and suffered multiple bankruptcies directly affecting small time contractors and their workers, has any clue what it's like to be the "common" person, either?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I'm not raining on your rant, tjokie...found it quite enlightening, as a matter of fact....and everybody is entitled to their opinion.  That said, this all caps portion of your post struck me odd.  I agree with your career politician statement, but do you suppose a self professed billionaire, who inherited millions and suffered multiple bankruptcies directly affecting small time contractors and their workers, has any clue what it's like to be the "common" person, either?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

To your points:

1.)  CAPS- these were for emphasis more than anything else.  I understand that ALL CAPS is often misunderstood as shouting or anger.  I apologize.  I should have noted the difference in parentheses. (CAPS for emphasis only).

2.)  Trump's "Common man" identity- I agree with you.  Precious few who have lived in opulence their entire life can possibly understand what it means to have to struggle for one's daily necessities of food, utilities, rent, child care, etc.  Trump has been a businessman all of his life.  He DOES (Emphasis only) understand the inner workings of the business world, and, after all, isn't that what our gov't has become?  It's a different type of business than what he's done previously, but still, a business.  High level negotiations, balance sheets, departmental budgets, healthcare plans and benefits for employees (citizens in this case), board meetings with shareholders (party members and opposing party members), etc.  He's shouldered the responsibilities as such.  The media doesn't let us see all of his accomplishments, just where he's been wrong or tweeted stupid stuff or offended someone else.  As they do with all who are not in line with their agenda, the media has taken excerpts and partial statements to make him look worse than he is.  The media has told us what we should believe rather just reporting the whole truth and letting us decide for ourselves how we should feel about it.  We, ourselves, are mostly to blame for this.  We have become too lazy to search for ourselves and dig for the truth.  Granted, the truth has become harder to find as it gets buried even deeper by those who have designed it to be less accessible.  That makes our responsibilities even more difficult as life gets even busier and more complicated!

I don't have all of the answers.   All I know is that I have to try to ignore the rhetoric and sidetracking thrown at me and vote my conscious which will allow me to sleep at night.  I don't believe that either of the candidates are the best solution for our country.  Nor do I believe that they are the best person who could have been chosen to run.  I only know that we have a choice of 4 people (President & VP candidates) who will try to lead our country in a certain direction.  MOST of what they will do has to be voted on and passed by the House and Senate.  There are checks and balances in our system.  I have no choice but to hope that the system will not fail us.  I must choose the party, represented by the candidates, that most closely aligns with my morals and ideals.  IF we could simply ALL (Emphasis) do that, how would our country look 2 years from now?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, tjokie said:

To your points:

1.)  CAPS- these were for emphasis more than anything else.  I understand that ALL CAPS is often misunderstood as shouting or anger.  I apologize.  I should have noted the difference in parentheses. (CAPS for emphasis only).

2.)  Trump's "Common man" identity- I agree with you.  Precious few who have lived in opulence their entire life can possibly understand what it means to have to struggle for one's daily necessities of food, utilities, rent, child care, etc.  Trump has been a businessman all of his life.  He DOES (Emphasis only) understand the inner workings of the business world, and, after all, isn't that what our gov't has become?  It's a different type of business than what he's done previously, but still, a business.  High level negotiations, balance sheets, departmental budgets, healthcare plans and benefits for employees (citizens in this case), board meetings with shareholders (party members and opposing party members), etc.  He's shouldered the responsibilities as such.  The media doesn't let us see all of his accomplishments, just where he's been wrong or tweeted stupid stuff or offended someone else.  As they do with all who are not in line with their agenda, the media has taken excerpts and partial statements to make him look worse than he is.  The media has told us what we should believe rather just reporting the whole truth and letting us decide for ourselves how we should feel about it.  We, ourselves, are mostly to blame for this.  We have become too lazy to search for ourselves and dig for the truth.  Granted, the truth has become harder to find as it gets buried even deeper by those who have designed it to be less accessible.  That makes our responsibilities even more difficult as life gets even busier and more complicated!

I don't have all of the answers.   All I know is that I have to try to ignore the rhetoric and sidetracking thrown at me and vote my conscious which will allow me to sleep at night.  I don't believe that either of the candidates are the best solution for our country.  Nor do I believe that they are the best person who could have been chosen to run.  I only know that we have a choice of 4 people (President & VP candidates) who will try to lead our country in a certain direction.  MOST of what they will do has to be voted on and passed by the House and Senate.  There are checks and balances in our system.  I have no choice but to hope that the system will not fail us.  I must choose the party, represented by the candidates, that most closely aligns with my morals and ideals.  IF we could simply ALL (Emphasis) do that, how would our country look 2 years from now?

Thank you for your thoughtful response, spot on in my opinion.  Time will tell where this whole thing ends up....hopefully not at each others throats, but moving forward, together as one country, one citizenry....Cordial concessions must be made on both sides for that to happen, fingers crossed it does.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Slow68 said:

I have had a death of my wife. She was tested 4 times for Covid and all tests came back negative yet they put past from Covid on the certificate.  Yoga is correct and I believe it will come out that so 

many did not die from Covid.

Sorry to hear,  Slow88...

Please accept my condolences

The worst year ever, right? Despite Covid, riots and racial strife a record 56% of Americans say they are better off now than they were in 2016

• A Gallup poll found the majority of voters think they are better off now than 2016
  • Only 32 per cent said they were worse off despite pandemic and economic crisis
  • The figures are the highest on record which Trump has hailed as 'incredible'
  • Meanwhile Joe Biden was surprised and said 'their memory is not very good'

By JACK NEWMAN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 05:55 EDT, 14 October 2020 | UPDATED: 08:49 EDT, 14 October 2020 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8838481/Despite-Covid-riots-record-56-Americans-say-better-2016.html

The majority of Americans say they are better off now than they were in 2016 when Barack Obama was in office.

The new Gallup poll found 56 per cent of registered voters believe they are better off now, the highest figures on record.

Only 32 per cent said they were worse off now, despite the ongoing coronaviruspandemic which has cost many their jobs and businesses, and protests over racial injustice.

A new Gallup poll found 56 per cent of registered voters believe they are better off now than they were four years ago, the highest figures on record.

+3

A new Gallup poll found 56 per cent of registered voters believe they are better off now than they were four years ago, the highest figures on record.

The approval figures, which have been conducted when sitting presidents have been seeking reelection, are the highest on record.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I have been personally affected by Covid-19, most people have, whether by contracting it or knowing somebody who has.  The numbers are climbing.....and every day Trump is stumping and refusing to acknowledge the gravity of this virus, the more people he's going to get killed because of their trust in him.  

GO RV, then BV

This post is not just for you, Shabbs, but for everyone here. 

I was one of the most ardent people against the hype of the Chyna virus. My biggest issue was that not only did I not know anyone with the virus but didn't know anyone who knew of someone with the virus. 

This is no longer the situation. Several members here have now been deeply touched by the Chyna virus. With this subject emotions run deep. 

Please understand the mental environment we're all in. Accusing Trump as guilty of ALL DEATHS by Corona is as wrong and disrespectful as mocking people who have a legitimate concern about the virus. 

Sure both make you feel good but you are being very inconsiderate of the feelings of other members feelings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Time will tell where this whole thing ends up....hopefully not at each others throats, but moving forward, together as one country, one citizenry....

Agree 100%. And I ask people on this sight. Who do you think will truly try and bring the country together. Who has the best chance of doing that. You won’t get the radical right(kkk, etc) or the radical left(ANTIFA, etc) to come together with anyone. But who do you TRULY believe deep in you’re heart will try and bring the middle people of this country together, and try and move forward. That’s who you vote for!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This post is not just for you, Shabbs, but for everyone here. 

I was one of the most ardent people against the hype of the Chyna virus. My biggest issue was that not only did I not know anyone with the virus but didn't know anyone who knew of someone with the virus. 

This is no longer the situation. Several members here have now been deeply touched by the Chyna virus. With this subject emotions run deep. 

Please understand the mental environment we're all in. Accusing Trump as guilty of ALL DEATHS by Corona is as wrong and disrespectful as mocking people who have a legitimate concern about the virus. 

Sure both make you feel good but you are being very inconsiderate of the feelings of other members feelings. 

True true, my brother.....people in this forum shouldn't sink to personal attacks, no matter who they are, or their status.  Sadly, this is the country we find ourselves in today....this is the division being sowed daily, no point identifying the main culprit, as we'll never all agree on who that is.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

How is this Trump's fault - he did not cause it, he did not bring it to the US, and stopped it in spite of the garbage out that he wasn't proactive enough etc. etc. etc. Yes, every death matters to someone some where and no, I'm not being a heartless "b_stard" with numbers - I've been affected personally, too. I'm so irritated over the hypocrisy, insincerity, duplicity from the left side - 

Allegedly less than 3% of covid infected died from covid worldwide per the worldometer - yet nobody is saying anything about death from abortion, flu, smoking, cancer, heart disease and other illnesses/disease etc. Africa is a time-bomb waiting to explode. Even in Africa, WHO information that I could find, deaths there are less than 1% of the total population from illness, chronic (heart failure), STDs, malaria etc. in 2016 - I didn't choose the year, it was what WHO has recently put out:

8.8 million deaths in 2016 in Africa

To better understand the leading causes of death in Africa, we first need to put the numbers in context. The UN estimated the continent’s 2016 population at close to 1.2 billion. In that year some 8.8 million deaths were registered, down from 9.7 million in 2000. (Note: The WHO’s Africa region covers 47 of the continent’s 55 countries.)

The WHO categorises deaths in three groups. Group I are caused by communicable (or infectious) diseases, as well as maternal, newborn and nutritional conditions. Group II are caused by non-communicable (or chronic) diseases and Group III by injuries.

COVID 2020 Numbers as of today:

United States cases Updated Oct 14 at 11:53 AM local

Confirmed

+50,148

Deaths

+768

Recovered

+15,379

Global cases Updated Oct 14 at 11:53 AM local

Confirmed

+349,059

Deaths

+5,535

Recovered

+194,664

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

How is this Trump's fault - he did not cause it, he did not bring it to the US, and stopped it in spite of the garbage out that he wasn't proactive enough etc. etc. etc. Yes, every death matters to someone some where and no, I'm not being a heartless "b_stard" with numbers - I've been affected personally, too. I'm so irritated over the hypocrisy, insincerity, duplicity from the left side - 

Allegedly less than 3% of covid infected died from covid worldwide per the worldometer - yet nobody is saying anything about death from abortion, flu, smoking, cancer, heart disease and other illnesses/disease etc. Africa is a time-bomb waiting to explode. Even in Africa, WHO information that I could find, deaths there are less than 1% of the total population from illness, chronic (heart failure), STDs, malaria etc. in 2016 - I didn't choose the year, it was what WHO has recently put out:

8.8 million deaths in 2016 in Africa

To better understand the leading causes of death in Africa, we first need to put the numbers in context. The UN estimated the continent’s 2016 population at close to 1.2 billion. In that year some 8.8 million deaths were registered, down from 9.7 million in 2000. (Note: The WHO’s Africa region covers 47 of the continent’s 55 countries.)

The WHO categorises deaths in three groups. Group I are caused by communicable (or infectious) diseases, as well as maternal, newborn and nutritional conditions. Group II are caused by non-communicable (or chronic) diseases and Group III by injuries.

COVID 2020 Numbers as of today:

United States cases Updated Oct 14 at 11:53 AM local

Confirmed

+50,148

Deaths

+768

Recovered

+15,379

Global cases Updated Oct 14 at 11:53 AM local

Confirmed

+349,059

Deaths

+5,535

Recovered

+194,664

All Trump needs to do is put a mask on and social distance and convince his base to do the same....for the good of the country.  Easy as pie....truly that simple, and not at all political, but health based.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response, spot on in my opinion.  Time will tell where this whole thing ends up....hopefully not at each others throats, but moving forward, together as one country, one citizenry....Cordial concessions must be made on both sides for that to happen, fingers crossed it does.

GO RV, then BV

Agreed!

12 hours ago, yota691 said:

If you been subjected to a Ventilator for days and survive Kudos to you. If you haven't it just more Blah blah. 

So if I have close personal friends who've contracted covid-19, been hospitalized, and thus separated from family and friends, then I haven't truly been affected by it...is that what you're saying?  That's like saying if a friend or family member of mine is battling cancer, it doesn't affect me.  Blah, blah, you say.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

19 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

All Trump needs to do is put a mask on and social distance and convince his base to do the same....for the good of the country.  Easy as pie....truly that simple, and not at all political, but health based.

GO RV, then BV

Time to open the country back up and ditch the masks. They cause more harm than good. 

They cause other illnesses that otherwise you might not get. Wear them for the immune challenged 

and old folks like we were before this thing. 

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-patients-can-contract-virus-despite-wearing-face-masks-cdc-645685/amp

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Time to open the country back up and ditch the masks. They cause more harm than good. 

They cause other illnesses that otherwise you might not get. Wear them for the immune challenged 

and old folks like we were before this thing. 

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-patients-can-contract-virus-despite-wearing-face-masks-cdc-645685/amp

The article you posted still says the wearing of masks is the most effective way to prevent spreading of the virus.  On an interesting side note, there's also a link to an article of the Taliban officially endorsing Trump for reelection.  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

Source?

The Taliban on Trump: "We hope he will win the election" and withdraw U.S. troops

President Trump's reelection bid received a vote of support Friday from an entity most in his party would reject: the Taliban.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taliban-on-trump-we-hope-he-will-win-the-election-withdraw-us-troops/

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, caddieman said:

The Taliban on Trump: "We hope he will win the election" and withdraw U.S. troops

President Trump's reelection bid received a vote of support Friday from an entity most in his party would reject: the Taliban.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taliban-on-trump-we-hope-he-will-win-the-election-withdraw-us-troops/

Trump has stated a willingness to remove the US from thse useless police/regime change wars....the establishment....  right  and left have kept the country in these actions the majority of the years since WW2....

If you were them....who would you support?....the guy who wants to leave them alone so they can figure their own problems out.......or the guy who is apt to blow them away....?

CL

• Upvote 1