Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Trump says he would 'love' to donate his plasma to COVID-19 patients

Mary B

•  

sankel@businessinsider.com (Sophia Ankel) 4 hrs ago

© Fox News Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel interviews the President Trump on Tucker Carlson Tonight on October 9, 2020. Fox News
  • President Trump told Fox News on Friday that he is "medication-free" and that he would donate plasma to help other coronavirus patients if asked.
  • "If that's if they want me to do it, I'd love to do it," Trump told Fox News medical expert, Dr. Marc Siegel when asked if he would donate plasma to those who need it. 
  • In the interview, Trump also said he had been retested for the virus on Friday, but said he didn't know what the result was yet. 
  • Requirements for donating plasma are strict and donors must have a clinical COVID-19 diagnosis and be symptom-free for at least two weeks. 
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

President Trump told Fox News that his treatment for COVID-19 has ended that he would donate plasma to help other patients if asked.

In his first on-camera interview since being diagnosed with the coronavirus, Trump told Fox News medical expert, Dr. Marc Siegel, that he is currently medication free. Siegel has mostly praised the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic.

"Right now, I am medication free," Trump said, according to Fox News. "I'm not taking any medications as of probably eight hours ago. I'm medication free which, frankly, makes me feel good. I don't like medication."

When asked if he would donate plasma, the president responded: "I will. Nobody's asked me that question, actually, but I will. If that's if they want me to do it, I'd love to do it," Fox News reported.

Watch the moment below.

—David Siders (@davidsiders) October 10, 2020

Gallery: President Trump Describes Some of His COVID Symptoms (ETNT Health)

Giving a glimpse into his experience of having the virus has been like, the president also told Siegel that he had some "congestion" in his lungs when he was treated at Walter Reed Medical Center.

"They tested the lungs ... with different machinery ... and it tested good," Trump said. "Initially, I think they had some congestion in there, but ultimately it tested good, and with each day it got better, and I think that's why they wanted me to stay frankly."

Trump also told Siegel he had been retested for the virus on Friday but said he didn't know the result.

"I haven't even found out the numbers or anything yet, but I've been retested and I know I'm at either at the bottom of the scale or free," Trump said, according to Newsweek.

The president has been eager to get back on the campaign trail and is already planning to hold an outdoor event at the White House on Saturday with hundreds of people in attendance despite not releasing a negative test for COVID-19.

He is also traveling to a rally in Florida on Monday.

Convalescent plasma has been widely used in the country after the  FDA approved the treatment for emergency use in August.  However, researchers are still gathering evidence to show how it works definitively.

Requirements for donating plasma are strict: Donors must have a clinical COVID-19 diagnosis and be symptom-free for at least two weeks. 

•  

The first of its kind ... a dual vaccine against Corona and the flu

Free / Subtitles - Washington
October 10, 2020

Scientists are calling for the participation of clinical trial protocols for Corona vaccines It is hoped that the prospective vaccine will enter first phase trials in Hong Kong in November

Hong Kong researchers have created a vaccine, the first of its kind, that can protect against emerging corona virus and influenza at the same time.

It is hoped that the prospective vaccine will enter the first phase trials in Hong Kong next November, and it will be given to volunteers through the nose, not as most other vaccines that are injected into the body do.

Yuen Kwok Young, who is the head of the infectious disease department in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Hong Kong who is participating in the study, said the first phase of the trials will involve 100 adults.

"The idea is that we want to protect against influenza and Covid-19 at the same time," Yuen told Bloomberg .

The vaccine uses a weak influenza virus that only grows in the upper airway, cannot reproduce, and has been genetically engineered to include the Corona virus protein as well.

If the vaccine is successful, this will lead to an immune response and the production of antibodies that prevent the real virus from spreading in the body. 

The vaccine may also stimulate the immune system to respond to the influenza virus that was used in the vaccine, but other types of influenza viruses may still be contagious.

Yuen confirms that experiments have shown that the vaccine works well in animals.

Dozens of pharmaceutical companies around the world are racing to produce a vaccine against the emerging corona virus, which has so far killed more than a million people and infected millions of others.

Moderna, in addition to the companies "Pfizer" and "Johnson & Johnson", has traveled great distances to reach the expected vaccine, after it reached the third stage of clinical trials on experimental vaccines for the virus, during which tens of thousands of volunteers are injected with the vaccine and a similar number with a placebo vaccine, in order to verify Of the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine.

https://www.alhurra.com/coronavirus/2020/10/10/الأول-نوعه-لقاح-مزدوج-ضد-كورونا-والإنفلوانزا

• Like 1

Trump: We are expanding the production of anti-corona drug

Saturday 10 October 2020 - 22:41

Us President Donald Trump said in remarks made Saturday from the Balcony of the White House that his country has produced an anti-epidemic drug "Covid-19", pointing out that it will expand production soon with the aim of distributing it to everyone.

In his first speech after announcing his recovery from the new CORONA virus, Trump said, "We have a really great drug against Corona, and in the future we will produce in the future successful amounts of real estate against the virus for widespread distribution."

"The United States will defeat the Chinese virus," he said, noting that unemployment levels in America have fallen "to the lowest level in the country's history," according to the BBC.

"Keep your enthusiasm to vote and feel good," he said, thanking them for "your good wishes to me and Melania."

Trump said he would replace Obamacare with a better, less expensive health system, noting that his administration has achieved a significant drop in crime, unlike the Obama administration, and unemployment rates have fallen to their lowest levels before the Corona pandemic.

The president said the ongoing presidential election is the most important, calling on his supporters to go to vote for four more years, in front of 2,000 of his supporters who gathered in front of the White House.

Source: Sputnik

https://www.ina.iq/114118/ترامب:_نعمل_على_توسيع_إنتاج_عقار_مضاد_لكورونا