Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert Reintroduces Resolution to ‘Cancel’ Democrat Party Over Alleged Ties to Slavery

gohmert-pelosi.jpg

September 25, 2020

One top Republican in Congress is sick and tired of the Democratic Party — and he just made a serious move to take action.

Texas GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert is reintroducing a privileged resolution that would have House Speaker Nancy Pelosi essentially remove “any item that names, symbolizes or mentions any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery or the Confederacy, from any area within the House wing of the Capitol or any House,”

This, Gohmert argues, would also include the Democrat Party.

“While Democrats continue to denounce our country ad nauseam over ‘systemic racism,’ they somehow always fail to take responsibility for their own party’s abhorrent historical views and policies which promulgated racism in our nation for decades,” Gohmert said in a statement, emphasizing that Democrat Party policies have “caused a great deal of destruction to the nuclear family, significantly impacting minority homes.”

He continued:

Whether it be slavery or segregation and Jim Crow laws, one thing is certain: this disgraceful and inhumane stain on American history is covered in the fingerprints of the Democratic Party. Due to parliamentary issues, I am re-introducing my Privileged Resolution and urging my Democratic colleagues to rid the House wing of the U.S. Capitol of any item that names, symbolizes or mentions their own political party because of its past support for slavery and the Confederacy. Though I personally believe we need to learn from history including the good, the bad and the ugly, the Democratic Party has initiated this purging but needs assistance to avoid unparalleled hypocrisy. So, it is time for Democrats to account for, be washed of, and rid our Capitol of the sins of their party’s past. I hope they join me in voting to ensure that the U.S. Capitol building is a ‘safe space’ for all Americans under the new principles they themselves unveiled.

Earlier this summer, Gohmert announced that his legislation would ban the Democratic Party from Congress because the party once supported slavery.

Gohmert also urged party leaders to change the name of the caucus, which he also said previously supported slavery.

The “Privileged Resolution” calls on Congress “to ban any political organization or party that has ever held a public position supportive of slavery or the Confederate States of America.”

“A great portion of the history of the Democratic Party is filled with racism and hatred,” Gohmert said. “Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party’s loathsome and bigoted past and consider changing their party name to something that isn’t so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan.”

Gohmert also included in his resolution more than a dozen instances of Democrats either standing in the way of civil rights reform or promoting racist policies.

These included Woodrow Wilson’s segregation policies in 1912, the Ku Klux Klan’s presence at the 1924 Democratic National Convention, and the prominence of Sen. Robert Byrd, who was one of the country’s most racist lawmakers.

“To avoid triggering innocent bystanders by the racist past of the Democratic Party, I would suggest they change their name,” Gohmert said. “That is the standard to which they are holding everyone else, so the name change needs to occur.”

WATCH:

https://conservativebrief.com/gop-unveils-bill-to-ban-entire-dem-party-pelosi-fuming-26071/

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

Gotta love Louie.  He's spot on

Just shows that being absurd can go both ways.  I ordered a new book today by Representative Gaetz from Florida called “Firebrand”. I heard him on the radio today talking about the Dem Party, the RC Story, the Mueller Report and the Impeachment.  It’s the authors contention that those were to distract and punish Trump in the court of Public opinion.  Most people don’t do a very good job of listening to both sides of a story.  When you own the National Media you can basically say whatever you want. Investigative Jouralism died decades ago.  

I know this fellow is a stauch supporter of President Trump but I can’t wait to read it.  We’ve heard so many Dem lies the last 4 years a different perspective could be refreshing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1