Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Parliament Announces The Arrival Of The 2020 Budget Bill To The Council

DinarThug

1 hour ago, Carrello said:

Mr. Clown spent hours today pulling news for the rest of us to read to keep us informed. He did it yesterday and the day before, and will do it tomorrow. Just like Yota and others do too. What were you doing yesterday, Sonia1?

Lol - Thx Ms C ! ;) 

Before Today - She Hasn’t Had Any New Posts Since June When She Also Tried Trolling For Frank In The Thread Above And Went ‘Radio Silent’ From My Responses ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 6

LINK

Kurdish deputy: Kurdish ministries participate in Baghdad in preparing budgets for the coming years

%D9%83%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%

17:08 - 23/09/2020

The deputy of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Sherwan Al-Dubaradani, announced, on Thursday, the participation of the Kurdistan Regional Government in the plan to prepare budgets for the next three years.

Al-Dubaradani said to / the information / that "the committees formed by the Federal Ministries of Finance and Planning are cooperating with the relevant ministries in the Kurdistan region 

to discuss preparing the budget for the coming years.”

He added, "These committees will discuss the budgets for 2020, 2021 and 2022," noting that "the meetings are continuing and there is a positive atmosphere regarding these files."

The Ministry of Planning announced earlier today, the preparation of the budget strategy for the next three years, indicating that the budgets will focus on rebuilding the infrastructure, providing services and completing hospitals, and ongoing projects, and moving the stalled and lagging ones.

• Upvote 7

LINK

Disclosure of Kurdistan’s share of the budget and the salaries of the Peshmerga

%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B4%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9.jpg

23rd September, 2020

A member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Sherwan Mirza revealed, on Wednesday, the Kurdistan Region’s share in the general budget for the fiscal year 2020, and the amount allocated for the salaries of the Peshmerga forces.

"The draft budget law for the year 2020, according to the information received, the region’s share has been set at 12.67%, and the Peshmerga’s budget has also been set at 76 billion dinars per month, which annually amounts to 912 billion dinars," said Mezra, a deputy for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan.

He added that "there are two articles in the budget related to the liquidation of debts and accounts between the region and Baghdad from 2014 until 2018, and regarding the debts and obligations of the Kurdistan Region that were discussed, there is an article that obliges the region to disclose all the data, so that we know why the region borrowed, and what are the loans." Accumulated? And be within a period of 30 days.

He continued that "within 90 days, a committee from the Federal Financial Supervision Bureau and the region is formed to review these debts to find out the reasons that prompted the regional government to borrow, how it disbursed those loans, and with what legal justification it resorted to borrowing."

Mirza pointed out, "The budget also discussed Kirkuk oil, which amounts to 350 thousand barrels per day through oil pipelines in the region, and transportation pipelines are paid by the federal government. These are the points, and in return the region must deliver 250 thousand barrels of oil per day to Sumo Corporation in addition to 50% of the border crossing resources. 

On the budget for the next year, a member of Parliamentary Finance commented, saying: “There is a technical delegation from the Kurdistan Region, present in Baghdad and trying during its meetings to develop a strategy for the budget for the next three years. 2021 is still being prepared by the government, and its details are not yet clear.

The Iraqi parliament is scheduled to begin discussing the country's financial budget for the current year next Saturday in preparation for approval.

#############

Parliamentary Finance determines the proportion of the region in the 2020 budget  LINK 

• Upvote 6

A strong US threat to Iraq: the embassy was closed and the brigades and brigades targeted

- 21 Hours Elapsed

afp-806bb43bbdbc5c7f52691ce4e135b5cd81ea83f1-341x341.jpg

Senior sources revealed the course of the meeting of the three presidencies and leaders of political blocs, which was held Monday evening at the Government Palace at the invitation of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi. The sources said, in a statement to "Iraqi 24", that the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, who attended the meeting, conveyed to the participants a strong American threatening message. Sources confirmed the boycott of the President of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri and head of state law, Nuri al-Maliki, for the meeting of the blocks, without providing clarifications on the motives for the boycott. The sources added that Saleh confirmed that he had received a call from US Secretary of State Pompeo, on Sunday, informing him of the US administration’s great annoyance over the continued targeting of the embassy and the incoming support of the coalition forces. The sources pointed out that “Pompeo confirmed in favor that the decision to close the embassy in Baghdad is under the hands of President Trump and is ready.

The US Secretary of State added, according to the sources, by saying, "If our forces withdraw and the embassy is closed in this way, we will liquidate everyone who has been proven to have been involved in these acts." Barham Salih also quoted Pompeo as threatening, "We will not have mercy on anyone, especially Kataib Hezbollah and Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq," stressing that "the decision to close the US embassy will have very negative repercussions on Iraq and its future." Pompeo stressed in his call with the President of the Republic, saying, "This is a final warning to the government to work seriously to deter these terrorist actors." The meeting of the three presidencies focused on the bombing of the US embassy and the logistical support convoys of the international coalition.

"The meeting strongly condemned and condemned all attacks on Iraqi and foreign installations that the country has recently witnessed, including the launching of missiles that targeted official diplomatic facilities and the homes of innocent citizens," the statement said. And the presidencies considered, according to the statement, that "these attacks, regardless of their source, represent sinful attacks on the national sovereignty and the interests of the Iraqi people." According to the same statement, the meeting discussed the upcoming elections, in addition to other files.

Iraq 24

link

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

The US Secretary of State added, according to the sources, by saying, "If our forces withdraw and the embassy is closed in this way, we will liquidate everyone who has been proven to have been involved in these acts."

Wowzer......I guess our patience is wearing a little thin.  

• Upvote 4

Looks like Iraq is planning on late 2020 (how much later???) to do its census as of a May 2019 article - could not find anything more current. From Al-Monitor - 

The central government's plans to undertake a census late next year have raised the concerns of groups in multicultural Iraqi cities such as Kirkuk.

May 5, 2019

BAGHDAD — Iraq’s central government announced April 9 its intention to launch a comprehensive census in the country in late 2020. This constitutes the first step toward ending several chronic economic and political problems caused by a lack of accurate official statistics since 1997.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2019/05/iraq-census-kirkuk-sectarianism.html#ixzz6YtTGK0oy

BTW great job DT!

Edited by Sage449
addition
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, southbeach said:

At this point I’m thinking that what they mean by “reform” is the FLOAT PROCESS after they initially start out the rate at or around $1.17.

That would be such an amazing blessing!!! I’d be all in at $1.17, I wouldn’t be sticking around to see any floating action 😁👍🏻💰💰💰

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Looks like Iraq is planning on late 2020 (how much later???) to do its census as of a May 2019 article - could not find anything more current. From Al-Monitor - 

The central government's plans to undertake a census late next year have raised the concerns of groups in multicultural Iraqi cities such as Kirkuk.

May 5, 2019

BAGHDAD — Iraq’s central government announced April 9 its intention to launch a comprehensive census in the country in late 2020. This constitutes the first step toward ending several chronic economic and political problems caused by a lack of accurate official statistics since 1997.

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2019/05/iraq-census-kirkuk-sectarianism.html#ixzz6YtTGK0oy

BTW great job DT!

Someone posted earlier today that the census was not going to happen this year due to covid.

someone posted earlier today that the census was postponed until next year due to covid.

Edited by Longtimelurker
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carrello said:

Mr. Clown spent hours today pulling news for the rest of us to read to keep us informed. He did it yesterday and the day before, and will do it tomorrow. Just like Yota and others do too. 

What were you doing yesterday, Sonia1?

YOTA GOT ALL THE RESPECT HE DOESN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM OTHERS, AND THAT IS A HARD WORK.

I WAS READING YOTA'S ARTICLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

to discuss preparing the budget for the coming years.”

He added, "These committees will discuss the budgets for 2020, 2021 and 2022," noting that "the meetings are continuing and there is a positive atmosphere regarding these files."

41 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

That would be such an amazing blessing!!! I’d be all in at $1.17, I wouldn’t be sticking around to see any floating action 😁👍🏻💰💰💰

They could lock it in for 3 years at ($1.17) and I'd be all in / directly out at that point. 💥 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SONIA1 said:

YOTA GOT ALL THE RESPECT HE DOESN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM OTHERS, AND THAT IS A HARD WORK.

I WAS READING YOTA'S ARTICLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!!!

Sweetheart, I was posting the news here at DV prior to Yota taking over way back when. I know how hard it is and what a commitment it is, therefore, I have great respect for those that take the time out of their personal lives to bring news to others. 

So, please: Don't try to snow the Snowman. And quit nipping so early in the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

13 hours ago, dinarbeleiver said:

Thug your on fire man!! This week should be a real eye opener especially on Saturday with the budget. I can almost smell the RV !!!! The volatility of the Dinar is about to get more volatile 

It would be awesome if they pulled a fast one and rv’d before they release budget to keep the bigger speculators out of the game 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Not to be a Danny Downer but they have been singing this song for over 10 years. The only reason I am 

optimistic is because the Prime Minister is not loyal to Iran and it appears that he is trying to get things done.

If they approve the Oil and Gas Law I will be amazed!!! The question is, do we have to wait until after the elections

and do the Government have to be seated like it has been in the past. So many questions, I will be glad when this

show is over with. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Personally I have enjoyed this journey ,15 years now for me.   For those who are impatient with how long this has taken, remember what the iraqi sgtreet has gone through. First Saddam and his cruelty, then comes the USA, rendering their currency worthless and disbanding the Iraqi military. Their cities are bombed to sh*t ,no jobs ,no food . Then Obama pulls out  US troops to make good on his campaign promise ,opening up a huge vacuum that sucked in Isis and corruption within the Iraqi government . None of this was foreseen . So cut the Iraqis a break.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6