Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama congratulates the Muslim month of Ramadan and to hold a breakfast at the White House this week

Chief V

Obama congratulates the Muslim month of Ramadan and to hold a breakfast at the White House this week

أخبار العالم - أخبار العالم News of the World - World News

الخميس, 12 أغسطس 2010 16:06 Thursday, August 12th, 2010 16:06

هنأ الرئيس أوباما العالم الإسلامي بحلول شهر رمضان المبارك الذي كانت أول أيامه الأربعاء، مشيرا إلى أن ما يقوم به المسلمون من عبادات يذكرنا بالمبادئ التي نتشارك فيها مثل تعزيز العدل والتسامح واحترام الآخرين. President Obama congratulated the Islamic world by the beginning of Ramadan, which was the first days on Wednesday, pointing out that by Muslims Worship reminds us of the principles we share, such as promoting justice, tolerance and respect for others.

وقال أوباما في البيان الذي أصدره بهذه المناسبة إن شهر رمضان الكريم يذكرنا أن الإسلام كان وما زال جزءا من أميركا، وأن المسلمين الأميركيين قدموا جهودا وإنجازات جبارة من أجل رفعة بلادنا، ولهذا أود أن أهنئ المليار ونصف المليار مسلم في العالم الإسلامي في هذه المناسبة. Obama said in a statement issued on this occasion that the holy month of Ramadan reminds us that Islam was and remains part of America, and Muslim Americans have made efforts and achievements of the powerful towards the greatness of our country, I would therefore like to congratulate the billion and a half billion Muslims in the Islamic world on this occasion.

وأضاف أوباما في بيانه أن رمضان شهر يتفكر فيه المسلمون حول العالم في الحكمة والهداية التي تصاحب الإيمان، وفي مسؤولية البشر تجاه بعضهم البعض وتجاه خالقهم، حيث يلتئم فيه شمل العائلات ويقيم الأصدقاء مآدب الإفطار ويتم تقاسم الطعام. Obama said in his statement that the month of Ramadan, when Muslims speculate about the world the wisdom and guidance that comes with faith, and in human responsibility towards each other and their Creator, as it healed, families and friends living iftars are sharing food.

وأشار البيان إلى الناحية الدينية موضحا أن رمضان وقت للتقوى والتهجد، يصوم فيه المسلمون خلال النهار ويصلون خلال الليل، ويقدم المسلمون العون إلى الآخرين، مذكرا بأن العالم الذي نريد أن نبنيه والتغييرات التي نريد أن نحدثها يجب أن تبدأ في قلوبنا ومجتمعاتنا لتعزيز التقدم والكرامة لجميع بني البشر. The statement pointed out the religious aspect, pointing out that Ramadan, a time of intense and vigils, when Muslims fast during the day and praying during the night, Muslims make a help to others, reminding that the world we want to build and the changes that we want to Nhdtha must begin in our hearts and our societies to promote the progress and dignity for all the children humans.

وأعرب الرئيس أوباما عن تطلعه إلى استضافة شخصيات إسلامية في الولايات المتحدة على مأدبة إفطار احتفاء بحلول الشهر المبارك حسب ما جرت العادة والتقليد في البيت الأبيض في وقت لاحق من هذا الأسبوع. President Obama and looked forward to hosting the Islamic figures in the United States by a breakfast to celebrate the holy month, as has been the practice and tradition in the White House later this week.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's funny....bet THIS didn't turn your stomach.....

As the new moon signals the holy month of Ramadan, I extend warm greetings to Muslims throughout the United States and around the world.

The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qu'ran. It teaches the value and importance of charity, mercy, and peace. And it is one of the fastest growing religions in America, with millions of American believers today.

The American Muslim community is as varied as the many Muslim communities across the world. Muslims from diverse backgrounds pray together in mosques all across our great land. And American Muslims serve in every walk of life, including our Armed Forces.

The Holy Qu'ran says: "Piety does not lie in turning your face to the East or West. Piety lies in believing in God." (2:177). Americans now have turned to acts of charity, sending relief to the Afghan people, who have suffered for so many years. America is proud to play a leading role in the humanitarian relief efforts in Afghanistan, through airdrops and truck convoys of food, medicine, and other much-needed supplies. And today we are committed to working for the long-term reconstruction of that troubled land.

We send our sincerest wishes to Muslims in America and around the world for health, prosperity, and happiness during Ramadan and throughout the coming year.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/ramadan/2003/index.bak.html

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

هنأ الرئيس أوباما العالم الإسلامي بحلول شهر رمضان المبارك الذي كانت أول أيامه الأربعاء، مشيرا إلى أن ما يقوم به المسلمون من عبادات يذكرنا بالمبادئ التي نتشارك فيها مثل تعزيز العدل والتسامح واحترام الآخرين. President Obama congratulated the Islamic world by the beginning of Ramadan, which was the first days on Wednesday, pointing out that by Muslims Worship reminds us of the principles we share, such as promoting justice, tolerance and respect for others.

وقال أوباما في البيان الذي أصدره بهذه المناسبة إن شهر رمضان الكريم يذكرنا أن الإسلام كان وما زال جزءا من أميركا، وأن المسلمين الأميركيين قدموا جهودا وإنجازات جبارة من أجل رفعة بلادنا، ولهذا أود أن أهنئ المليار ونصف المليار مسلم في العالم الإسلامي في هذه المناسبة. Obama said in a statement issued on this occasion that the holy month of Ramadan reminds us that Islam was and remains part of America, and Muslim Americans have made efforts and achievements of the powerful towards the greatness of our country, I would therefore like to congratulate the billion and a half billion Muslims in the Islamic world on this occasion.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I don't blame you for being angry....I am too.

He cancelled the National day of prayer but had Muslim prayer on the lawn where he joined..... now he is having a breakfast and stating that they share the same principles..... but even worse he states Muslims have made efforts and acheivements of the powerful towards the greatness of OUR country....

Please watch and you'll understand why this is so frightening

http://www.inquiryintoislam.com/2010/07/three-things-about-islam.html

• Upvote 4

President Obama congratulated the Islamic world by the beginning of Ramadan, which was the first days on Wednesday, pointing out that by Muslims Worship reminds us of the principles we share, such as promoting justice, tolerance and respect for others.

Read more:

Guess he cant even do that right. Justice and respect. Right.

And I thought that they didnt eat during daylight hours during this time.... Why did he celebrate with breakfast.

He cancelled the National day of prayer but had Muslim prayer on the lawn where he joined..... now he is having a breakfast and stating that they share the same principles..... but even worse he states Muslims have made efforts and acheivements of the powerful towards the greatness of OUR country....

WOW...I bet you thought that G W Bush was frightening too....when he celebrated Ramadan by having DINNER with them...

By the way...Bush had THIS to say....

As the new moon signals the holy month of Ramadan, I extend warm greetings to Muslims throughout the United States and around the world.

The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qu'ran. It teaches the value and importance of charity, mercy, and peace. And it is one of the fastest growing religions in America, with millions of American believers today.

The American Muslim community is as varied as the many Muslim communities across the world. Muslims from diverse backgrounds pray together in mosques all across our great land. And American Muslims serve in every walk of life, including our Armed Forces.

The Holy Qu'ran says: "Piety does not lie in turning your face to the East or West. Piety lies in believing in God." (2:177). Americans now have turned to acts of charity, sending relief to the Afghan people, who have suffered for so many years. America is proud to play a leading role in the humanitarian relief efforts in Afghanistan, through airdrops and truck convoys of food, medicine, and other much-needed supplies. And today we are committed to working for the long-term reconstruction of that troubled land.

We send our sincerest wishes to Muslims in America and around the world for health, prosperity, and happiness during Ramadan and throughout the coming year.

WOW...he even quoted the Quoran!!!!!

Edited by ajskj
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

color="#FF0000"]such as promoting justice, tolerance and respect for others.[/color]

TOLERANCE ... are you kidding me?

Muslims are taught that infidels will:

Convert

Submit

or

Die

Wake Up America!

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I am a follwer of Christ and the Bible. What is going on today, most Christians know is fortold. I for years have had just one question. Why did God let this happen?

According to the Bible, Sarah (Abraham's wife) was childless, yet desired a son. She offers her maidservant Hagar to Abraham as a surrogate. Customs of the time dictated that, although Hagar was the birth mother, any child conceived would belong to Sarah and Abraham.[4][7]

Hagar became pregnant and was proud of herself, which resulted in harsh treatment of her by Sarah. Hagar fled and ran into the wilderness, where an angel appeared to her by a spring of water.[4] The angel of the Lord told her to return, adding that God would increase her descendants through a son whose name would be Ishmael. The angel told Hagar that Ishmael would become "a wild donkey of a man" and would be in constant struggle with others.[4]

So Hagar returned to Abraham's house, and had a son whom she named Ishmael.[4] Abraham was 86 years old when Ishmael was born.[8] Abraham, obeying God's commandment, circumcised Ishmael, this occurred when Ishmael was thirteen.[9] That year, Abraham's wife Sarah became pregnant with his second son, Isaac.[4] One day Sarah was angered by seeing Ishmael playing or "mocking" (the Hebrew word is ambiguous[10]),[2] and she asked Abraham to expel him and his mother, saying: "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac."[4][11] Abraham initially refused to do as Sarah asked.[2] He finally gave in to his wife's request when God told him that it was through Isaac that Abraham's offspring would "be reckoned", and that He would "make Ishmael into a nation", too, since he was a descendant of Abraham.[9][12] Abraham provided Hagar and her child with bread and a bottle of water and sent her into the desert of Paran.[9][13] Hagar, with her son on her back, wandered in the wilderness and ran out of water. When they were reduced to great distress, Hagar left Ishmael crying under a bush, an angel appeared and showed Hagar a spring of water saying "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation."[9][14]

They lived in the wilderness of Paran, where Hagar's son became an expert in archery. His mother married him to an Egyptian woman.[9] According to the Bible, Ishmael had 12 sons who became twelve tribal chiefs. The twelve sons of Ishmael were named Nebaioth, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah (See Genesis 25)[2] Ishmael's sons settled everywhere from Havilah to Shur, i.e. from Assyria to the border of Egypt.[9] Ishmael also had a daughter named Mahalath or Bashemath who married Esau.[15] Ishmael also appears with Isaac at the burial of Abraham.[9][16] Ishmael died at the age of 137.[2]

We Need To Keep Our Faith. He does have a plan.

such as promoting justice, tolerance and respect for others

TOLERANCE ... are you kidding me?

Muslims are taught that infidels will:

Convert

Submit

or

Die

Wake Up America!

Before you bash ... FIRST go see if I am not right

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 4

That's funny....bet THIS didn't turn your stomach.....

Thank you for this post. Would be nice to have someone say, "wow, I guess this is just something presidents do. It was silly and ignorant of me to be upset by it. There are valid reasons to be upset about Obama, and this is not one of them."

• Upvote 3

he is all for muslims and celebrating them but not for christians and other faiths. you never hear him talk of other religions and having a breakfast for them.

Well put!!

It sure is a sad country we live in these days, just wonder what he will do next. When we are rid of this thing some call the president, maybe we will have a chance if he hasn't ruined our country to bad. But so far it isn't looking to good.

So sad!!!sad.gifangry.gif

• Upvote 1

WOW...I bet you thought that G W Bush was frightening too....when he celebrated Ramadan by having DINNER with them...

By the way...Bush had THIS to say....

WOW...he even quoted the Quoran!!!!!

Dude, you have a severe case of Bush derangement syndrome. The usual prescribed treatment is to drink more kool-aid, however, in your case it should be taken intravenously and very soon—at least 4 units.

Dr. Dawg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Dude, you have a severe case of Bush derangement syndrome. The usual prescribed treatment is to drink more kool-aid, however, in your case it should be taken intravenously and very soon—at least 4 units.

Dr. Dawg

Wow....you think it is deranged to point out that everything you are whining about Obama doing....you couldn't care less about when Junior did it.

I think THAT is deranged.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

he is all for muslims and celebrating them but not for christians and other faiths. you never hear him talk of other religions and having a breakfast for them.

Exactly! and he is also the first president to have the nativity scene taken down! What a clown! What is it going to take to get this guy out of the white house????? This country was founded on christianity and should be respected no matter what religion you are. This angers me so much!

• Upvote 1

Exactly! and he is also the first president to have the nativity scene taken down! What a clown! What is it going to take to get this guy out of the white house????? This country was founded on christianity and should be respected no matter what religion you are. This angers me so much!

More lies. The Nativity Scene was at it's normal place during Christmas.

I just received an email response from the White House for comment. Here’s what the First Lady’s office says:

“It has been a part of White House Christmas decorations in the past, it is on display in the East Room for all to enjoy and it will continue to be a part of White House Christmas decorations moving forward.”

“The President spoke movingly about the scene the crèche depicts in his remarks at the lighting of the National Christmas Tree last week: Tonight, we celebrate a story that is as beautiful as it is simple. The story of a child born far from home to parents guided only by faith, but who would ultimately spread a message that has endured for more than 2,000 years – that no matter who we are or where we are from, we are each called to love one another as brother and sister. While this story may be a Christian one, its lesson is universal. It speaks to the hope we share as a people. And it represents a tradition that we celebrate as a country – a tradition that has come to represent more than any one holiday or religion, but a season of brotherhood and generosity to our fellow citizens.”

As for whether there had been discussions about “inclusiveness,” the White House replied, “Discussions about inclusiveness did not include whether or not to display it but rather how to display it during the Hannukah party.”

Read more: http://radio.foxnews.com/2009/12/07/obama-wanted-non-religious-christmas/#ixzz0wYNIJt6j

Edited by ajskj
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

you should be ashamed of your spelling.

You should be ashamed of your grammar. Capitalize the first word of your sentence.

I believe Carla has told us before that her spelling isn't the greatest and by the looks of it, you have your own grammar issues.

Have a very pleasant day! ;)

• Upvote 1

More lies. The Nativity Scene was at it's normal place during Christmas.

I just received an email response from the White House for comment. Here’s what the First Lady’s office says:

“It has been a part of White House Christmas decorations in the past, it is on display in the East Room for all to enjoy and it will continue to be a part of White House Christmas decorations moving forward.”

“The President spoke movingly about the scene the crèche depicts in his remarks at the lighting of the National Christmas Tree last week: Tonight, we celebrate a story that is as beautiful as it is simple. The story of a child born far from home to parents guided only by faith, but who would ultimately spread a message that has endured for more than 2,000 years – that no matter who we are or where we are from, we are each called to love one another as brother and sister. While this story may be a Christian one, its lesson is universal. It speaks to the hope we share as a people. And it represents a tradition that we celebrate as a country – a tradition that has come to represent more than any one holiday or religion, but a season of brotherhood and generosity to our fellow citizens.”

As for whether there had been discussions about “inclusiveness,” the White House replied, “Discussions about inclusiveness did not include whether or not to display it but rather how to display it during the Hannukah party.”

Read more: http://radio.foxnews.com/2009/12/07/obama-wanted-non-religious-christmas/#ixzz0wYNIJt6j

I would never call her the first lady but I can tell you this, she is as big a liar as he is!

Thats right Shanny you got it girl! You stand your ground, I'm with you.

• Upvote 1