Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Draft Federal Budget Law For The Year 2020 !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting While Ordering A Nice Cold Draft During Happy Hour !

The draft federal budget law for the year 2020

9/11/2020

Budget-bill-2020-cover.jpg

Click on the following link to download the PDF

Draft-law-the general-federal budget for the Republic of Iraq-for the fiscal year-2020-(2)

LINK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Dr. Mazhar Muhammad Saleh *: Flash notes about the Iraqi public debt 2020

9/11/2020

Mudher-image-new-2.jpg

In light of the financial and economic crises that Iraq is currently experiencing, it is now time to re-present some details related to the composition of the Iraqi public debt, which is classified as follows:

First:

$ 25 billion foreign debts, most of which are sovereign, payable during the years 2020-2028, which is a remnant of the Paris Club debt settlement plus debts obtained in 2016 and did not exceed $ 12 billion out of the $ 25 billion above due to the oil crisis at that time and the war on ISIS provided by a group The Big Seven and China have borrowing from the capital market.

Secondly :

There are sovereign debts for a group of countries outside the Paris Club Agreement / 2004 and are subject to the terms of the agreement with the club and appear in a total number before cancellation and return to years before 1990, which requires writing off 80% or more if the debt is correct and its calculations are according to the beliefs of the Paris Club and the remnants of the debt are rescheduled, including: four countries Gulf countries (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the Emirates) and eight countries such as Poland, Brazil, Turkey, and others.

And that the burden of that debt without writing off is still about 43 billion dollars (but it must be written off under the Paris Club agreement, otherwise the debt is suspended)

Third:

Despite the foregoing, the largest part of the debt, in my opinion, which today stands at nearly $ 60 billion, is (internal debt, whether in cash or against a guarantee to pay the debt by the Ministry of Finance).

This (internal) debt is exclusively between the Ministry of Finance and the government banking system (Rasheed Rafidain, the Iraqi Trade Bank and the Central Bank of Iraq).

In conclusion, when collecting the above debt (60 + 43 + 25) = 128 billion dollars.

Perhaps international loans that were awaiting their turn in 2020 were withdrawn as previous commitments or pledges and are still under withdrawal, whether from Japan or Germany, and for the benefit of some investment projects pledged to finance them in the amount of $ 6 billion 2020, so the total amount of debt (internal and external) will reach a number that is close to The number announced by the Minister of Finance, amounting to 134.4 billion dollars

Conclusions:

1- As the GDP for 2020 may have lost or will lose about 30% of its value, I believe due to the oil crisis and the economic recession that the country is going through, the ratio of Iraq's debts, which (increased) really divided by the (low) GDP, will definitely rise in proportion and proportionality. Therefore, it increased from the accepted international standard ratio of 60% (public debt to GDP).

2- The sound of the debt risk alarm came in two directions, the first, an increase in domestic borrowing at a high rate, and the other, (the possibility of collecting some foreign loans (in addition to what is currently obtained from them through previous government agreements) that is possible with international financial institutions such as the Fund and the World Bank, as justified by law. Borrowing for the year 2020, noting that the increase in domestic borrowing came this year with an increase of 20% of the total internal debt balance due to the deficit in the operational budget and the registration of salaries and obligations due to payment due to the financial and economic hardship that the country is currently experiencing since the previous financial crisis 2014-2017.

(*) Researcher and economic writer, formerly the governor of the Central Bank of Iraq

Copyright reserved to the Iraqi Economists Network. Republishing is allowed provided that the source is indicated. 11th September 2020

To download the article as a PDF, click on the following link

Dr. Mazhar Muhammad Salih - Flash notes about the Iraqi public debt 2020

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, DinarThug said:

The draft federal budget law for the year 2020

9/11/2020

Budget-bill-2020-cover.jpg

Click on the following link to download the PDF

Draft-law-the general-federal budget for the Republic of Iraq-for the fiscal year-2020-(2)

LINK

LINK

Kurdistan: Peshmerga allocations have increased in the federal budget for 2020 .. and are satisfied with our share

image.jpeg.b553f63a5950dd05c25837093c0900cb.jpeg

12th September, 2020

The deputy of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the House of Representatives, Sherwan Mirza, announced, Saturday, that the Kurdistan region is satisfied with its share in the fiscal budget for the year 2020.

A member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Sherwan Mirza, said that "the proportion of the Kurdistan region in the federal budget for the year 2020.  It amounts to 12.67, about more than 12 trillion Iraqi dinars."

He added: "The draft financial budget law has not yet reached the House of Representatives," noting that "the Council of Ministers will hold a meeting on Monday on the special budget for 2020, and then the project will be transferred to the House of Representatives."

He stressed that "the Kurdistan region is satisfied with its share in the fiscal budget for the year 2020," noting that "the salaries of the peshmerga rose in the 2020 budget to 76 billion dinars, meaning that the annual allocations of the peshmerga salaries are 912 billion dinars."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

Kurdistan: Peshmerga allocations have increased in the federal budget for 2020 .. and are satisfied with our share

image.jpeg.b553f63a5950dd05c25837093c0900cb.jpeg

12th September, 2020

The deputy of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the House of Representatives, Sherwan Mirza, announced, Saturday, that the Kurdistan region is satisfied with its share in the fiscal budget for the year 2020.

A member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Sherwan Mirza, said that "the proportion of the Kurdistan region in the federal budget for the year 2020.  It amounts to 12.67, about more than 12 trillion Iraqi dinars."

He added: "The draft financial budget law has not yet reached the House of Representatives," noting that "the Council of Ministers will hold a meeting on Monday on the special budget for 2020, and then the project will be transferred to the House of Representatives."

He stressed that "the Kurdistan region is satisfied with its share in the fiscal budget for the year 2020," noting that "the salaries of the peshmerga rose in the 2020 budget to 76 billion dinars, meaning that the annual allocations of the peshmerga salaries are 912 billion dinars."

Hey Thugs , if you’ve accounted for your whereabouts of late , I missed it !!!

where the hell have you been clown ???

seriously , I hope all is well with you 

• Haha 3

On 9/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, Pitcher said:

Last I heard he joined a Traveling Clown Troupe in Uzbekistan.  

17 hours ago, Shelley said:

Hey Thugs , if you’ve accounted for your whereabouts of late , I missed it !!!

where the hell have you been clown ???

seriously , I hope all is well with you 

Pitcher Was Keeping Tabs On Me ! :o 

7C2BCCC0-7F32-40E4-88D7-1914D2EC6582.gif.eb84afc4412dbde684136ffdfa624dc0.gif  

And Apparently Our Agent Borat Has Us Booked Into Kazakhstan Next Week ...

1465720D-6CE5-4B76-B869-B0DA5393A09D.gif.0c2ca45525f16851d51c831498ff49bb.gif

:D  :D  :D 

Although, I Did Go Out Of Town For A Week In August - And When I Returned I Got Involved In Some Things Which Turned Into An Impromptu Break From Posting For Awhile ! ;) 

But I Did See The Mentions On My Behalf (By U, Pitcher And Others) During That Time - Which I Absolutely Appreciate ! B) 

And I Certainly Should’ve Done At Least A Drive-by Return Sooner Since I Didn’t Mention Anything Beforehand - (Stupid Clown) ! :o 

:lmao:  :lmao: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Iraqis comment on Al-Kazemi's visit to Kurdistan: a message of reassurance

image.jpeg.856b4106e0ec5ef5f16b1e1dfe39ffa6.jpeg

13th September, 2020

The Iraqi coalition commented, on Sunday, on the visit of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to the Kurdistan region.

Commenting on Al-Kazemi’s visit, the coalition’s deputy, Hussein Arab, said: “The visit is a message of reassurance and real and strong understanding, through the prime minister's descent to the streets in the region and the important places and agreement on a settlement mechanism to end the differences and the outlets placed on the understanding table.”

Arab expected that "the results of the visit will bear fruit in the next stage, as one of the most important problems facing us is the displacement camps, some of which are spread in the regions of the region, and during the visit the semi-final agreement was made to close the file of the displaced camps."

He pointed out that "the region’s salaries are subject to the final agreement and the control of the federal government over the border crossings, and despite the differences regarding the oil and gas law, the consensus preference regarding its passage during the current session will contribute to regulating the relationship between the center and the region in this field."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Pitcher Was Keeping Tabs On Me ! :o 

7C2BCCC0-7F32-40E4-88D7-1914D2EC6582.gif.eb84afc4412dbde684136ffdfa624dc0.gif  

And Apparently Our Agent Borat Has Us Booked Into Kazakhstan Next Week ...

1465720D-6CE5-4B76-B869-B0DA5393A09D.gif.0c2ca45525f16851d51c831498ff49bb.gif

Although, I Did Go Out Of Town For A Week In August - And When I Returned I Got Involved In Some Things Which Turned Into An Impromptu Break From Posting For Awhile ! ;) 

But I Did See The Mentions On My Behalf (By U, Pitcher And Others) During That Time - Which I Absolutely Appreciate ! B) 

And I Certainly Should’ve Done At Least A Drive-by Return Sooner Since I Didn’t Mention Anything Beforehand - (Stupid Clown) ! :o 

:lmao:  :lmao: 

Happy to hear you were away, hopefully having fun .... ( did I see you on Las Olas). just wanted to make sure the big bad Covid didn’t give you a visit .

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

They included the Central Bank, the Municipality of Baghdad and Integrity .. Al-Kazemi is making major changes in positions

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%85%D9%

11:24 - 14/09/2020

On Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi made a series of major changes in a number of government positions and official bodies.

Al-Kazemi appointed Mustafa Ghaleb Makhaif al-Kitab as governor of the Central Bank, Suha Dawood Elias al-Najjar as head of the National Investment Commission, Manhal Aziz Raouf al-Haboubi as Secretary of Baghdad, Salem Jawad Abdul-Hadi al-Chalabi as Director of the Iraqi Trade Bank TBI, and Khaled al-Ubaidi as Deputy Operations Affairs of the Iraqi National Intelligence Service.

Al-Kazemi also appointed Faleh Yunus Hassan as an agent for the National Security Agency, Hassan Halbous Hamza as head of the Securities Commission, Sheikh Sami Al-Masoudi as head of the Hajj and Umrah Authority, and Alaa Jawad Hamid as head of the Integrity Commission.

#################

LINK

Al-Kazemi is making changes in 8 deputy ministries

Al-Kazemi is making changes in 8 deputy ministries

09/14/2020 12:00:17

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi made new changes in high positions.

The new change affected 8 agents of ministries.

Today, Al-Kazemi issued orders to change 9 important positions, namely:

1 - Mustafa Ghaleb Makhaif Al-Kitab, governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, instead of Ali Ismail Al-Alaq, who ran the position as an agency.
2- Salem Jawad Abd al-Hadi al-Chalabi, Director of the Iraqi Trade Bank TBI
3- Suha Dawood Elias al-Najjar, Chairman of the National Investment Commission.
4- Hassan Halbous Hamza, Chairman of the Securities Commission.
5- Representative Khaled Al-Obaidi, Deputy for Operations Affairs of the Iraqi National Intelligence Service.
6- Faleh Younis Hassan, an agent of the National Security Agency.
7- Alaa Jawad Hamid, Chairman of the Integrity Commission.
8- Sami Al-Masoudi, head of the Hajj and Umrah Commission.
9- Manhal Aziz Raouf Al-Haboubi, Secretary of Baghdad.

• Upvote 2

LINK

Source: A general manager at the Central Bank submits a leave request and the Deputy Governor asks for his retirement

Source: A general manager at the Central Bank submits a leave request and the Deputy Governor asks for his retirement

14th September, 2020

An informed source revealed, on Monday, that the Director General of the Administrative Department of the Central Bank had submitted a request to grant him a one-year leave, indicating at the same time that the deputy governor of the bank had submitted a request to refer him to retirement.

The source said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "The general manager of the central bank submitted a one-year leave request," adding that "the deputy governor of the central bank submitted a request to refer him to retirement." The source, who requested anonymity, added, "This came after an assignment of Mustafa Ghaleb New governor of the central bank."

He was the prime minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi Today, Monday, he made several changes in positions, including assignment Mustafa Ghaleb Governor of the Central Bank.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

LINK

In pictures and names, who are the prime minister’s candidates whom he appointed to head the independent bodies ?!

%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1-tile.jpg

14th September, 2020

The appointments announced by the Prime Minister to leadership positions for a number of independent bodies, and financial and security joints, did not deviate from partisan quotas, and the recycling of a number of names to new positions.

By reviewing the names that were disclosed today, we find that the Prime Minister decided to appoint Mustafa Ghaleb Makhaif al-Kitab as Governor of the Central Bank, and the book was the Director General of the Legal Department in the Central Bank itself.

%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1.jpg 

Soha Al-Najjar

While Suha Dawood Elias Al-Najjar was nominated as Chairman of the National Investment Commission. Al-Najjar holds the position of advisor to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, and previously accompanied him on his visit to Tehran. She also served on the board of directors of a group of financial, investment, and commercial companies.

%D8%AD%D8%B3%D9%86-%D8%AD%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B5.jpg

Hassan Halbous Al-Shammari

Hassan Halbous Hamza al-Shammari was appointed head of the Securities Commission, and al-Shamri was born in Babylon in 1972, and obtained a bachelor's degree in law from Baghdad University in 1992. He previously held a membership in the National Assembly’s Legal Committee in 2005, the Constitution Writing Committee, and became a member of Parliament for two terms, and became Minister of Justice in Al-Maliki’s government.

%D9%85%D9%86%D9%87%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%A8%D9%8A.jpg

Manhal Al-Haboubi

Architect Manhal Aziz Raouf Al-Haboubi has also been appointed. Amina of Baghdad, a young engineer with a master's degree in Philosophy of Architecture, has previously won a competition. Designing the building of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, surpassing the late architect Zaha Hadid.

%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A.jpg 

Salem Jawad Abdul Hadi al-Chalabi

Director of the Iraqi Trade Bank, TBI, is the nephew of the late politician Ahmed Chalabi, a lawyer who was educated in the United States, and participated in drafting the new Iraqi constitution, and was appointed head of the Iraqi War Crimes Court in 2004. He worked as an advisor to former Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi. And he was one of the candidates to take over the post of governor of the central bank, but it seems that objections to him have removed him from the post.

download-9.jpg

Khaled Al-Obeidi

As for the security positions, Khaled Al-Obeidi was appointed as the agent for operations affairs of the agency.  Iraqi National Intelligence, and Al-Ubaidi is an Iraqi politician who held the position of Minister of Defense (2014-2016) before he was dismissed after a stormy session in the House of Representatives, in which he exchanged accusations of corruption with the then Speaker of the Council, Salim al-Jubouri and a number of members of the Council and political blocs, and he was born in the city of Mosul in 1959. He holds a BA in Aircraft Engineering from the Academy of Aeronautical Engineering from Yugoslavia in 1982, a Master’s in Aerospace Science Engineering in Aerodynamics from the University of Belgrade in Yugoslavia in 1984, a Master’s in Military Sciences from the Iraqi Joint Staff College in 1998 and a PhD in Political Science in 2011. He won membership in the House of Representatives. 2018 with the victory list.

HykEOrgTBPJzfxN7FjeF.png 

Faleh Younes

Faleh Younis Hassan, an agent of the National Security Agency. Born in 1977, he won membership in the House of Representatives. The Anbar List is our identity, and he worked in the Parliamentary Security and Defense Committee, and he previously held the position of Deputy Chairman of the Anbar Provincial Council for the United List.

alalam_636137679061664619_25f_4x3.jpg

Sami Al-Masoudi

As for the head of the Hajj and Umrah Authority, Sheikh Sami Al-Masoudi was appointed to head it.  Here, Al-Masoudi works as a consultant in the Popular Mobilization Authority, and previously held the position of administrative and financial agent in the Shiite Endowment Office.

%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%AC%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%AF%D9%8A.jpg 

Alaa Jawad Al-Saadi

Judge Alaa Jawad Hamid was appointed as head of the Integrity Commission.  Hameed previously held the position of head of the Property Claims Commission, and he also held the position of acting head of the Integrity Commission on the order of former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in 2011 after the dismissal of Judge Rahim al-Aqili.

• Thanks 1

LINK

Deputy: Al-Kazemi is primarily responsible for the success or failure of any names he chooses to head the independent bodies

نائب: الكاظمي المسؤول الأول عن نجاح أو فشل أي أسماء يختارها لرئاسة الهيئات المستقلة

14th September, 2020

MP for the Badr Parliamentary Bloc, Uday Shaalan Abu Al-Jun, considered that Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi is the first person responsible before Parliament and the masses for the success or failure of any names he chooses to address the presidency of independent bodies and any other positions.

Abu Al-Jun said in an interview with Al-Sumaria News, "The changes made by the Prime Minister in some positions and a number of independent institutions and bodies, and despite the comments on some of our names, we will leave the choice first to the House of Representatives when the names are sent to him to vote on them, and also we We leave the choice to the Prime Minister to assume responsibility for the names that he chooses to address the important positions in a manner that meets the demands of the masses and the calls of reference, "indicating that" any success or failure of any names that are nominated is fully borne by Al-Kazemi."

He added, "The Badr Parliamentary Bloc had a clear position in rejecting quotas and partisanship in the new government and left complete freedom to the Prime Minister to choose whom he deems suitable for his government, and this is the same position today that we adopt in any names put forward for independent bodies, and we will work to study the CVs to the names declared and the extent of their efficiency and integrity." And its ability to deal with the tasks assigned to it, and its proximity to the masses and its distance from the parties to meet the public demands, and at that time we will work to evaluate those names."

• Thanks 2

LINK

Representative Legal : New appointments to senior positions are temporary and require Parliamentary Approval

Representative Legal: New appointments to senior positions are temporary and require parliamentary approval

14th September, 2020

The Parliamentary Legal Committee confirmed, Monday (14 September 2020), that making changes to senior government positions requires a cabinet vote and parliament approval.

"The appointments announced today are within the powers of the Prime Minister to make changes to government positions, but they need the approval of Parliament," said the deputy head of the committee, Muhammad Al-Ghazi.

He added, "If the names are passed through the Council of Ministers and referred to the House of Representatives officially, the Council will exercise its powers to review the CVs of the new appointees," indicating that "the special ranks of Deputy Minister and above must be voted on in the House of Representatives."

Al-Ghazi pointed out that "Al-Kazemi's appointment to senior positions will be temporary under the agency system, until the names that will be appointed officially and in the name are reached."

• Upvote 3

LINK

The Al-Kazemi government will soon overthrow "important names" and refer them to the judiciary

1600093564382.jpg

14th September, 2020

Ahmed Mulla Talal, a spokesman for the Iraqi Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi revealed, on Monday, that the government will soon remove important names and refer them to the judiciary on charges of corruption.

"The statement of the religious authority is supportive of the government, and the government is going to fight corruption," Malal Talal said in a press conference attended by Shafaq News Agency correspondent. 

The supreme religious authority, Mr. Ali al-Sistani, during his meeting with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jeanine Hennes Blashardt, announced his support for holding early elections as scheduled (June 2021), and the completion of the government program in the application of social justice, and the prosecution of criminals, including the killers of the demonstrators and the fight against corruption. And enhancing the performance of the security forces, imposing the prestige of the state and confining weapons in its hands.

These directives were welcomed by the presidents of the republic, Barham Salih, ministers, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, Parliament, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, and a number of political blocs, who confirmed their support for holding early, free and fair elections.

Mulla Talal added, "Soon you may hear about the removal of important names and their referral to the judiciary as a result of corruption files."

Since its formation last May, the Al-Kazemi government has made wide-ranging changes in high-ranking positions in the state, affecting security leaders and high-ranking officials in the administration and financial institutions. These changes come within the framework of reforms in state institutions and the fight against corruption.

Mulla Talal indicated that "the fact-finding committee will soon be formed to find out the killers of the demonstrators," stressing that "the current government will not neglect any of the rights of citizens."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Al-Kazemi chairs the special session of the Council of Ministers to discuss the budget law

%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%B7%D9%81%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9

13:28 - 14/09/2020

Today, Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi chaired the extraordinary session of the Council of Ministers to discuss the fiscal budget law.

The Prime Minister’s Office is scheduled to announce the meeting’s decisions later today.

And the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced earlier that it had received the draft budget for 2020.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, stanleypower said:

I’m sure all of these guys have enough money to disappear into Iran or work for them

Pretty Soon - Those Idiots In Iran Might Make A Move To Make It Unsafe To ‘Hide’ Over There Too ! :o 

LINK

Washington accuses Tehran of plotting to assassinate a relative of Trump in revenge for Soleimani

%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A.jpg

14th September, 2020

The United States accused Iran of planning to assassinate the American ambassador to South Africa, in response to the killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad at the beginning of this year.

A source familiar with intelligence reports said, "The American authorities and the ambassador have been aware of the threats against her since March," according to the American newspaper, Politico. The source pointed out that "the Iranian government is involved in this case, and the assassination of the ambassador is one of the possible options as a response to the killing of Soleimani."

The Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Ali Khamenei, said earlier that his country will not forget the killing of the Revolutionary Guard Commander, Qassem Soleimani, in Iraq at the hands of the United States of America, indicating that Iran will deal a "similar blow" to the Americans."

Tensions have escalated between Washington and Tehran following the killing of the former commander of the Quds Force, Qassem Soleimani, in a US raid in Baghdad earlier this year.

It is noteworthy that "Lana Marks" is 66 years old, and has represented her country in South Africa since last October. She has had a close relationship with Trump for years. Supporters of the Republican president see her as a successful businesswoman, with the handbags bearing her name worth up to $ 40,000.

• Thanks 1

LINK

Economists comment on the "Al-Kazemi Revolution": a first step to treating Iraq's headache

1596891501578.jpg

14th September, 2020

Economic experts considered, today, Monday, that the measures taken by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to change some positions in the independent bodies come within the reform curriculum that he undertook, indicating that reform can only take place with the presence of qualified young faces working to engage the work with internal expertise.

Vice-President of the Iraqi Businessmen Union, Basem Jamil Antoine, said in an interview with Shafaq News, “Al-Kazemi has previously pledged to make radical changes in government departments and institutions,” indicating that “reform can only be achieved with the presence of competent, competent young faces with experience and integrity.” 

Antoine added that "some of these departments have been vacant for some time, and therefore they need someone to lead them, such as the central bank, whose period was extended to his former governor of Al-Allaq, and as is the case for the National Investment Commission, which remained vacant for a long time, and therefore such important departments in the Iraqi state must be That there be an original director or governor in its management."

Antoine stressed that "the reform program and the promotion of investment needs a revolution, because Iraq suffers from crises and deficits in the budget, and therefore it needs an influx of investments from neighboring countries and the Gulf in the future, and the United States can help in this aspect." Antoine pointed out that "the curriculum, integrity, law enforcement, ending favoritism and clientelism, and eliminating corruption are basic issues that have been taken into consideration in this change."

For his part, the economic expert, Falah Hassan Alwan, said in an interview with Shafaq News, that "these steps for change are necessary and required for the Iraqi economy, which suffers from many problems, especially at the present time," indicating that "an economy suffers from internal or external pressures, starting from the low oil prices."

Alwan added that "any reform step is considered a good thing to curb financial and administrative corruption, and therefore it is a required step although it is not sufficient, but rather requires more precise and firm measures to reduce cases of financial and administrative corruption and put the economy on the economic wheel and achieve economic growth rates required at the present time." 

For its part, a member of the administrative board of the Iraqi Economists Association, Ikram Abdul Aziz, said in an interview with Shafaq News that "Al-Kazemi's direction to change some departments is a positive step," indicating that "choosing competence and experience in the field of specialization will succeed in the work assigned to them." And she added, "Some of these people who will occupy the positions are names coming from abroad and carrying investment and economic experiences from developed countries, and therefore, engaging these experiences with local expertise would be successful tools for any work you do for these departments."

Today, Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi made major changes in a number of positions, including the Central Bank, the Iraqi Trade Bank, the Baghdad Municipality and the National Investment Commission.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3