Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

And the hits keep on rolling in!

5 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

I'm really getting tired of providing the proof when you are not.  Try google and type in  "biden flip flopping defund the police" and see how many artcles there are.

But yet you post articles from extreme right wing media and claim it as gospel! The article you just posted if from the extreme right wing! 
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/political-insider/

What you think they are going to say.........Trumps lies?😂

Edited by caddieman
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, caddieman said:

But yet you post articles from extreme right wing media and claim it as gospel! The article you just posted if from the extreme right wing! 
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/political-insider/

What you think they are going to say.........Trumps lies?😂

I gave you 21 on the record witnesses and a left wing google. 😂 Where is your evidence based in fact?

• Like 2

Say It Ain't So, Jeff Goldberg...  

10/09/2020 11:44 am   

This pathetic douchebag, who puts out a patently ridiculous, anonymously-sourced story which has been denounced by two dozen people on the record who were in a position to know the truth, is now walking it back.

Atlantic Editor Admits Story About Trump Disparaging Fallen Soldiers Could Be Wrong

Jeffrey Goldberg, Editor-in-Chief for The Atlantic, confessed that the central claim in his publication’s reprehensible hit piece on the President could very well be false.

The Atlantic column starts off with a claim that the President did not want to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, because “his hair would become disheveled in the rain” and that “he did not believe it important to honor American war dead.”

Remember – this is the lede to the piece and sets up every other argument throughout. That Trump despises the military and veterans, and referred to them as “suckers” and “losers.”

Goldberg admits that his four, off-the-record, anonymous sources may not have been correct and that the visit was indeed called off due to weather.

When presented with an excerpt from former national security adviser John Bolton’s book which details how the weather was the cause for cancellation of the visit to the cemetery, not a decision by POTUS over his hair, Goldberg conceded, “I’m sure all of those things are true.”

That was earlier this week. Remember, Jeffrey Goldberg did more than almost anybody else to fan the Trump-Russia hoax within the pages of The Atlantic, and that turned out to be a fraud. So this is the second time he's intentionally misled the public and slandered the President.

Was there a massive media scandal about what The Atlantic had done?

Nope. Instead we move on to this supposed "bombshell" in Bob Woodward's book about how Trump "lied" to the American people in that he knew COVID-19 was deadly but kept up a positive persona in front of the public so as not to cause a panic.

Well, no kidding. That's what a political leader is supposed to do. "Keep Calm And Carry On" while the Germans are bombing the crap out of the capital, and so forth.

At some point you start to realize that Trump really wasn't exaggerating when he said the media is the enemy of the American people. The amount of mendacity and agenda-driven propaganda coming out of the corporate media in this country is nothing short of suffocating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Can't wait for the LEFTISTS, MARXISTS to take back all their assumptions and arguments that this was based on "TRUTH".

Not expecting this to happen, when you have TDS so bad that you will believe anything.

"The Democrat Clown Car Is Broken And Only Steers, NO Veers LEFT!"

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 1

Trump threatens to send in military troops if riots occur following an election victory  Any rioters who spread violence should President Trump win a second term in November could be met with military force, Trump warned.

In an interview with Fox News host Jeanine Pirro, Trump said any threat of rioting will be stopped immediately, citing the Insurrection Act.

"We'll put them down very quickly if they do that," Trump said, according to Politico, which obtained a preview of the interview. "We have the right to do that. We have the power to do that if we want."

He continued, "Look, it's called insurrection. We just send in, and we do it very easy. I mean, it's very easy. I'd rather not do that because there's no reason for it, but if we had to, we'd do that and put it down within minutes."

The Insurrection Act allows the president to deploy the military and National Guard within the country in extreme circumstances to quell civil disorder. 

Trump threatened to use the law earlier this year when rioting and violent unrest spread nationwide following the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody. The move was met with criticism by lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

More recently, the president issued federal law enforcement agents to help local police in several cities that have experienced recent surges in violence.

The full interview with Pirro is set to air on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Fauci says he did not hear Trump distort conversations they had about coronavirus

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said that he does not believe the president "distorted things that I spoke to him about."

Fauci made the comment on Wednesday when fielding questions pertaining to journalist Bob Woodward's forthcoming book about President Donald Trump. 

Reporting on Woodward's book, "Rage," the Washington Post wrote: "Fauci at one point tells others that the president 'is on a separate channel' and unfocused in meetings, with 'rudderless' leadership, according to Woodward. 'His attention span is like a minus number,' Fauci said, according to Woodward. 'His sole purpose is to get reelected.'"

During an interview on Fox News, Fauci responded to some of the claims presented in the book.

"You know, if you notice, it was others have said that. So, you know, you should ask others. I don't recall that at all," Fauci told Fox News's John Roberts. "I didn't read the book but according to what I saw in the newspapers it says, and others have said that," Fauci remarked.

The president during an interview with Woodward said regarding the COVID-19 public health crisis: "I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic."

Fauci said that he did not remember Trump downplaying the situation.

"I didn't get any sense that he was distorting anything," Fauci said. "I mean in my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had. We related that to him. And when he would go out, I'd hear him discussing the same sort of things. He would often say, 'We just got through with a briefing with the group from the task force,' and would talk about it."

Fauci added that "it may have happened, but I have not seen that kind of distortion."

Fauci noted regarding President Trump that "often he would want to make sure that the country doesn't get down and out about things. But I don't recall anything that was any gross distortion in things that I spoke to him about."

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2020 at 6:41 PM, caddieman said:

Tell that to the 180,000+ families who lost love ones. ( so far) I can’t tell you how many times I was attacked on here by saying covid was much worse than the common flu. Now Trump knew that in February but was telling all his supporters that it was just like the common flu....guess what he LIED

You cannot infer Trump - or any person for that matter, "LIED" becasue he "played down" a threat.  They are NOT the same thing!!!  We all downplay things to protect the people we care about - particularly when we don't have definitive information about how bad things really are.  If we get  hurt, we tell our loved one it's not that bad, even when we know it might be, to protect them from worrying.  We downplay things to our children to protect them from being afraid, even when we ourselves are afraid.  A good leader should do that to protect his people from panicking as well.  And that is what Trump did - and that's all that he did.  Even your source, not-a-Trump-fan, Bob Woodward never said Trump "lied".  If he felt he could justify saying that, he surely would have.  You hurt your own credibility when you draw conclusions that are not substantiated.

Furthermore, recall that, back in January, NO ONE (other than God and the Chinese scientists who used Fauci's illegal funding to research gain-of-function disease (basically means it crosses species) in the lab in Wuhan) had any idea of how dangerous Covid was.  In fact, I believe we still don't have accurate inforamtion about that even now in September.  But for sure in January, there was too little information to know much of anything about it.  Trump only thought "maybe it was five times worse than the flu" but he certainily didn't know that this was a fact.  Even today it's not known how much worse Covid is than the flu.  You can't logically say someone lied about knowing facts that were unknown at the time.  Back then there were only rumors and unsubstantiated reports mostly from China - who we now know, was lying through their teeth.  At least Trump took action and assumed a worst case scenario of how bad the threat could be, and shut down China travel.  

As much as you'll hate hearing this, a nurse of 27 years says on CNN, no less (to the chagrin of the interviewer), that Trump's response to Covid was the greatest achievement of his presidency.  She was there on the front lines and I even think the majority of the country concurs that Trump handled the Covid crises well.  There are some polls that even validate that.

Caddie, you hate Trump so much that you will argue anything to try and justify your position.  I  have a sister who is like that; she will argue anything, no matter how outlandish it is, to try to prove she's right.  If that's your goal, feel free to stop reading now.  But if you, and others are interested in learning important information, you should know that, 2 weeks ago the CDC, yes the CDC, recently admitted than only 6% of the Covid deaths died from Covid aloneThe other 94% had 2.6 additional comorbidities (hearth disease, diabetes, overweight).  And 70% of those who died were over 65 years old, and almost 90% were over 55.  See for yourself here and click on "4. Comorbidities" in the "List of Topics" section.  And I don't know if your news sources have reported the ongoing problem of falsely inflated covid cases, but there are many, many people who  obviously have died from a different cause, that have been, and still are, being labeled as Covid deaths.  Familes fight weeks to get motorcycle accident deaths, and numerous other instances where the cause of death was clearly something else, that are instead classified as Covid, reversed.  The truth is, we really don't know how deadly Covid is because we are not dealing with accurate numbers.  Apparently hospitals get thousands of dollars for every Covid death they report, so of course they label as many deaths as they possibly can as Covid deaths and the statistics are hugely skewed to the negative.

Even more concerning, doctors are now questioning the Covid testing, claiming it's not testing properly or accurately.  The tests are set to be so sensitive that they are measuring just the tiniest amount of coronavirus, when what they should be measuring is how much coronavirus each person has in their body.  Consequently, many people who test positive don't even have it at all, and up to 90% of all reported positives, if the tests were conducted under normal sensitivity standards, would really be negative.  And these 90% of positively tested people pose no risk to others.  link

These two pieces of new information should shock and scare everyone.  This is another con just like the major democratic cities are letting rioters and looters plunder their towns and beat up and kill their citizens on the obviously false assumption that it will create change and magically establish equality and respect between all people.  This time, they have been, and still are, conning us about the coronavirus.  I'm not saying Covid isn't real.  My best friend's young niece got it and recovered, but still deals with serious secondary syptoms including no sense of taste.  Covid is real, it's not a hoax.  But the medical community is hiding the truth about it and manipulating the information to increase its threat.  I think their goal is to sell expense therapeutics and a vaccine (that probably won't work since they've never been able to devlelop a coronavirus vaccine) that will likely carry some kind of tech to track us, along with the deep state swamp (which includes Dems and Republicans) who have illegally used their positions to steal and garner favors, and don't want to be caught.  Trump, who is NOT a crooked member of the deep state and made his own money legally, is trying to drain the swamp of these crooks like he promised from Day 1.  This is why they hate him and have lied and committed numerous crimes to try and get him out.  

Caddie I get that you're angry people died.  But the vast majority of those people were near the end of their lives.  True, covid may have pushed them over the edge a little earlier, but something else could, and likely would, have done that soon.  Trump did better than anyone else would have done by taking the very drastic step of halting travel and slowing the spread to buy us some time to find out more about the disease.  Directing your anger at him when he made the best decision possible at the time, doesn't make him a murderer.  But if you need to blame someone for Covid, blame China and/or even Fauci because he illegaly gave China millions to work on gain-of-function in diseases that was internationally prohibited.  China could have at least shared info early so the rest of the world could better mitigate deaths, but didn't.  Sadly, the harsh truth is that life isn't fair, it never has been and probably never will be.  Accidents and bad things happen.  Good people die tragically and unnecessarily far too often, while bad people often get to skate away damage free.  Raging at injustice won't change this.  Or you could also direct your anger at the leaders of New York, New Jersey, Michigan..... those governors and leaders who did the opposite of the Trump administration's guidelines which were to NOT to put Covid positive people in retirement homes.  New York's deaths are so high because almost half of them are from retirement homes - and that's despite the government's attempt to under-report the real numbers.  You could join with the people who are trying to hold those leaders responsible for their loved ones' deaths from instituting clearly dangerous protocols that put our precious old people at risk and directly caused thousands of deaths.  Search a little and I'm sure you can find a group of these justifiably angry and upset people to join up with do try and hold these shameful leaders accountable for all the deaths they caused.  Letting your anger fester and cloud your thinking so much that you can't even ojectively look at the facts, does not serve you or anyone else.  But you can choose to let it motivate you to do something constructive to produce tangible, benificial change.  The world needs that far more than it needs more anger right now.  And you may want to consider how your anger affects those around you (and I'm not just talking about those of us here at DV), too.  But it's your life and you can live it however you want.    In any event, all the best to you and yours.  

And all the very best to our wonderful and much loved USA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Are There Durham Indictments Coming? Fox News Reporter's DOJ Source Told Him to Set His Alarm Clock

Are There Durham Indictments Coming? Fox News Reporter's DOJ Source Told Him to Set His Alarm Clock

Attorney General William Barr has vowed to get to the bottom of the Russian collusion probe origins. Why was it started? He noted how he thought the investigation into these claims led to the Obama Department of Justice spying on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. He also agreed with the notion that it was a witch hunt. He also said that the explanations he received for justifying some aspects of this probe simply do not “hang together.” With the revelations about the FISA abuses at the FBI that ensnared Carter Page, a former Trump campaign official, to the prosecutorial misconduct hurled at former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn—there’s plenty of grounds for inquiry. 

U.S. Attorney John Durham has been tasked with getting to the bottom of it. Will his report drop before or after the 2020 election? It’s a criminal investigation. And in July there were rumblings that the DOJ under Barr was moving on indictments (via Washington Examiner😞

Activity within the Justice Department indicates U.S. Attorney John Durham is working to bring the first indictments as part of a criminal investigation into the Russia inquiry, according to investigative journalist John Solomon.

Solomon, a controversial reporter who similarly reported criminal investigative activity related to Durham's efforts months ago, told Fox Business host Lou Dobbs … that people are frustrated by the wait, asserting there already is "overwhelming evidence in the public record" that crimes were committed during the Russia investigation.

Solomon, who is now the editor in chief of Just the News, faced criticism last year when his reporting on Ukraine for the Hill got swept up into the impeachment investigation of President Trump and became subject to a review that found he "failed" to identify "important details about key Ukrainian sources." Still, even as the tilt of Solomon's reporting has come into question, he does still boast insider knowledge at the Justice Department that has been borne out.

"My sources tell me there’s a lot of activity. I'm seeing, personally, activity behind the scenes of the Justice Department," Solomon said … adding that Durham's team "is trying to bring those first indictments, and I would look for a time around Labor Day to see the first sort of action by the Justice Department."

Well, if there’s any news about Durham right now, it’s over the resignation of a top aide in the investigation, Nora Dannehy, over allegations that the report is being rushed to completion to fulfill a political objective (via Fox News😞

A top aide to US Attorney John Durham, who is probing the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation, has resigned from the Department of Justice, Fox News has confirmed

A Justice Department source confirmed Friday that the federal prosecutor, Norah Dannehy, has resigned. Dannehy has worked with Durham for years and is a close aide to him.

[…]

Durham is the United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut. The Hartford Courant in Connecticut said Dannehy informed colleagues in the New Haven US Attorney’s Office of her resignation Thursday eveningbut did not elaborate on the reasons.

But the paper also cited sources in saying Dannehy resigned “at least partly out of concern that the investigative team is being pressed for political reasons to produce a report before its work is done.”

Still, something might be up, maybe an early ‘October Surprise,’ but one that could give Democrats heartburn. Fox News Reporter Kevin Corke tweeted that his source at the DOJ told him to “set his alarm clock” regarding developments from this investigation. Corke said he’s not holding his breath, but we’ll keep you updated if anything drops. 

Remember when I said, wake me when there are indictments and or arrests? Well, a solid DOJ source just told me to "set my alarm clock."
I said, I'll believe it when I see it.#DurhamReport

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Al Sharpton’s tribute to historic MLK march has links to Communist China

It might have been hard to imagine 57 years ago, but the tribute that the Rev. Al Sharpton is organizing Friday for Martin Luther King’s historic 1963 March on Washington has ties to Communist China.

The connection can be found in a June 3 post for the social media account, @marchonwash2020, which announced a "March on Washington" scheduled to coincide with the anniversary of King's historic "I Have a Dream" speech.

Initially, there was some confusion over who was organizing the event, officially called the Commitment March: Get Your Knee Off Our Necks, a clear reference to George Floyd's death in Minneapolis while in police custody.

Sharpton's organization, National Action Network (NAN), has since become the lead organizer of the march, with numerous partners supporting the event, including Black Lives Matter, the NAACP, the ACLU, the National Urban League, and dozens of others.

NAN's announcement promoted an innovative hotel-workspace hybrid called Eaton Workshop, also known as Eaton DC, which was established in 2018. The announcement stated that Sharpton's organization is "partnering with Eaton Workshop to provide discounted accommodations for all who want to stay for a reduced fare in Downtown D.C." The block of rooms discounted for Sharpton's march sold out quickly, and the discounted rate is no longer available. Neither NAN nor Eaton Workshop responded to requests for comment.

Located  just a few blocks from the White House, Eaton DC is proudly known as the "anti-Trump hotel." Less known is the fact that Eaton DC is owned by a Hong Kong-based real estate conglomerate called Great Eagle Holdings whose owners have ties to mainland China, its leaders and its state-owned companies.

Great Eagle Holdings was founded in 1963 by one of China's most prolific real estate dynasties, the Lo family. According to its 2019 Annual Report, Great Eagle's principal bankers include HSBC and China's state-owned Bank of China.

The son of Great Eagle's founders, Lo Ying Shek and Madam Lo To Lee Kwan, is a man named Lo Ka Shui, who remains chairman of the family business. Lo Ka Shui, his siblings, and his children are owners, directors, and senior managers of Great Eagle.

Lo Ka Shui and his brother Vincent Lo have significant ties to Communist China. Since 2003, Lo Ka Shui has served in various senior roles at multiple Chinese state-owned entities, including serving as independent director of the world's largest cellular network, China Mobile, in 2015 as well as a member of two of the telecom's "Principal Board" committees, according to corporate filings.

An academic study identified Lo Ka Shui's positions as examples of China Mobile's and China Telecom's corporate governance overlaps. The 2016 study, titled  "Transparency and Opaqueness in the Chinese ICT Sector," raised concerns over the independence of China's state-owned telecom directors: "For example, Mr. Lo Ka Shui is Chair and Managing Director of one [China state-owned] company, non-executive Chair of another [China state-owned] company, non-executive director of three other companies besides [China Mobile] Ltd, and has senior positions in several Hong Kong NGOs and government advisory committees."

Lo Ka Shui's brother, Vincent Lo, promotes Chinese President Xi's Belt and Road Initiative, which has been criticized as a threat by U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper because the initiative is used to "force other nations into making suboptimal security decisions."

As chairman of the influential Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Vincent Lo said: "We all share a common goal of creating opportunities and benefits from the Belt and Road Initiative. Using Hong Kong as a commercial hub, the forum helps you make international connections and find partners to turn concept into business."

Vincent Lo has earned the nickname "Shanghai’s godson" due to his close connections to China's former president Jiang Zemin and other high-ranking Chinese officials, including "former Shanghai Party chiefs Chen Liangyu and the late Huang Ju, current Shanghai Party chief Han Zheng, former Politburo Standing Committee members Zhou Yongkang and Jia Qinglin, [and the] sacked former Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai," the Epoch Times reported, citing a lawsuit. 

The Lo family has had conflicts with President Trump in the past. In 2002, Donald Trump sued Vincent Lo and others for $1 billion over a business dispute (the suit was dismissed).

Lo Ka Shui's daughter (and Vincent Lo's niece), Lo Bo Lun, is listed among senior management at Great Eagle, where she "leads the global Eaton team to execute the new Eaton vision in concept, innovation, design, programming, branding, development, project openings, operations, marketing, public relations, and strategic partnerships."

Lo Bo Lun, who goes by Katherine Lo, has said her father tasked her with inventing a new hotel brand in 2014. Lo credits her "radical and progressive" American teachers for influencing "who [she] became and what [she] cares about." A trip to the notorious Burning Man festival (among other experiences) gave her the vision to open the Eaton DC hotel as a community center for progressive ideals. 

Since its 2018 opening, Katherine Lo has been the face of Eaton DC, which has been described as the "world’s first politically motivated hotel" and a "haven for Democrats," which will "weave a liberal philosophy into every aspect of the guest experience." At the Eaton location in Hong Kong, Lo plans to "replace Bibles in the nightstand drawers" with copies of the U.N.'s Universal Declaration for Human Rights. 

Guests of the Eaton DC, who now include Sharpton's Get Your Knee Off Our Necks march attendees, can enjoy Chinese-American fusion cuisine at Eaton's flagship restaurant, American Son, where a steak dinner (ribeye and shishito peppers) reportedly costs $100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump declares 'dawn of a new Middle East' as he presides over signing of historic deals

The deals allow Muslims to visit Islamic holy sites in Israel

Adam Shaw9 hours ago

Trump presides over historic Middle East deals

President Trump is declaring a ‘dawn of a new Middle East’ as he presides over the signing of a historic Middle East peace deal.

President Trump on Tuesday declared the "dawn of a new Middle East” as he presided over the signing of two historic Middle East diplomatic deals between Israel and two Gulf nations.

“We’re here this afternoon to change the course of history. After decades of division and conflict we mark the dawn of a new Middle East," he said at the ceremony in the South Lawn of the White House.

TRUMP TARGETS ILLICIT IRAN TRADE AHEAD OF ISRAEL-GULF NATIONS WHITE HOUSE MEETING

"Thanks to the great courage of the leaders of these three countries, we take a major stride toward a future in which people of all faiths and backgrounds live together in peace and prosperity," he said.

President Donald Trump speaks during the Abraham Accords signing ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House, Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, in Washington, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Bahrain Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, look on. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

President Donald Trump speaks during the Abraham Accords signing ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House, Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, in Washington, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Bahrain Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, look on. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

The deals between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, and Israel and Bahrain, involve the exchanging of ambassadors, establishment of embassies and co-operation on a range of fronts -- including trade, security and tourism. The agreements, known as the "Abraham Accords" also allow Muslims to visit Islamic holy sites in Israel. Trump said the deals would form "the foundation for a comprehensive peace across the entire region."

Earlier in the Oval Office, Trump said "we’re very far down the road with about five additional countries." He declined to name the countries he is speaking with and later said it could be "five or six" other countries.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the foreign ministers of both the UAE and Bahrain were present to sign the deals at the ceremony. Trump signed onto each one as a witness. The leaders also signed a separate trilateral declaration of peace.

The UAE deal was announced last month, with the Bahrain deal announced on Friday.

"This day is a pivot of history, it heralds a new dawn of peace," Netanyahu said. "For thousands of years the Jewish people have prayed for peace, for decades the Jewish state has prayed for peace, and this is why today we are filled with such profound gratitude."

Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE's foreign minister, said "we are already witnessing a change in the heart of the Middle East, a change that will send hope around the world."

Meanwhile, Bahrain's foreign minister praised Trump's role in securing the deal.

Mr. President, your statesmanship and tireless efforts have brought us here today and made peace a reality," Dr. Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani said.

While critics have noted that such deals ignore Palestinians and the Israel-Palestinian conflict, it is hoped that the deals would be the start of warmer Arab-Israeli relations.

TRUMP ANNOUNCES DEAL BETWEEN BAHRAIN, ISRAEL TO NORMALIZE RELATIONS IN PUSH FOR MIDEAST PEACE 

Trump told "Fox & Friends" on Tuesday morning that other countries "want to come in" and that he believes the Palestinians will eventually come in too.

"You’re going to have peace in the Middle East," Trump said, adding that countries including Iran were "actually getting to a point where they're going to want to make a deal. They won't say that outwardly. They want to make a deal."

Democrats have given some support to the agreements, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying in a statement that it marked “an important day” but said that “questions remain” including about a commitment for the UAE to purchase F-35 jets -- which has led to fears it could blunt Israel’s military superiority in the region.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“As we learn more about the full details of both agreements, questions remain -- specifically, regarding the commitment that the UAE has received from the Trump Administration to purchase American-made F-35 aircraft. The U.S. Congress, on a bipartisan basis, will be watching and monitoring to ensure that Israel can maintain its qualitative military edge in the region.

“It is also critically important that we fully understand the agreements’ details regarding the announced freeze of efforts by Israel to annex portions of the West Bank,” she said.

• Upvote 1

Senate Homeland Security Committee authorizes subpoenas for testimony from Obama officials as part of Russia probe

Includes John Brennan, James Clapper and James Comey

Brooke Singman53 mins ago

Sen. Johnson subpoenas FBI in review of Russia probe origin

The Senate Homeland Security Committee subpoenas the FBI and Director Christopher Wray; former Trump Deputy National Security Secretary KT McFarland reacts on 'America's Newsroom.'

The Senate Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday voted to authorize subpoenas for former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former FBI Director James Comey, and other Obama administration officials as part of its broad review into the origins of the Russia investigation.

The committee on Wednesday held a business meeting to authorize committee Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wis., to issue notices for taking depositions, subpoenas, for records, and subpoenas for testimony to individuals relating to the panel’s “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation, the Justice Department inspector general’s review of that investigation, and the “unmasking” of U.S. persons affiliated with the 2016 Trump campaign, transition team and the Trump administration.

JOHNSON SUBPOENAS FBI AS PART OF REVIEW INTO ORIGINS OF THE RUSSIA PROBE

The committee voted 8-6 to authorize the subpoenas.

The committee also authorized subpoenas for Sidney Blumenthal, former Obama chief of staff Denis McDonough, former FBI counsel Lisa Page, former FBI agent Joe Pientka, former ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, former FBI director of counterintelligence Bill Priestap, former White House national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI agent Peter Strzok, former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith – who pleaded guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review of the investigation into links between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign – among others.

The committee further authorized subpoenas for “the production of all records” related to the FBI’s original Russia investigation and the Department of Justice Inspector General’s probe, as well as the process of “unmasking” for James Baker, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, DOJ official Bruce Ohr, FBI case agent Steven Somma, former U.S. Ambassador to Russia John Teftt, former deputy assistant attorney general Tashina Gauhar; and Stefan Halper.

LIST OF OFFICIALS WHO SOUGHT TO UNMASK FLYNN RELEASED: BIDEN, COMEY, OBAMA CHIEF OF STAFF AMONG THEM

Halper, a Cambridge University professor who reportedly is deeply connected with British and American intelligence agencies, has been widely reported as a confidential source for the FBI during the bureau’s original investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Last year, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz was reviewing Halper’s work during the Russia probe, as well as his work with the FBI prior to the start of that investigation.

During the 2016 campaign, Halper contacted several members of the Trump campaign, including former foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos and former aide Carter Page. Page also was the subject of several Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants during the campaign

The committee also authorized a subpoena for James Baker, the director of the Office of Net Assessment at the Defense Department. That office awarded government contracts to Halper, including one in September 2015.

Last month, Johnson issued the panel’s first subpoena as part of the committee’s Russia review to the FBI, demanding that the bureau produce “all records related to the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.”

"This includes, but is not limited to, all records provided or made available to the Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Justice for its review," the subpoena states, referring to Horowitz's review of abuses related to the FISA warrants.

The subpoena also demands "all records related to requests" to the General Services Administration or the Office of the Inspector General for the GSA for "presidential transition records from November 2016 through December 2017."

In June, the committee voted to give Johnson authority to send subpoenas as part of the panel’s investigation into the origins of the Russia probe and the process of “unmasking.”

The committee authorized subpoenas to the FBI for the production of all records related to the Crossfire Hurricane Investigation — the bureau’s internal code name for the Russia probe, which began in July 2016.

SENATE HOMELAND SECURITY COMMITTEE AUTHORIZES SUBPOENAS TO OBAMA OFFICIALS AS PART OF RUSSIA PROBE

The committee also authorized subpoenas to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the production of all records related to the process of “unmasking” U.S. persons or entities affiliated “formally or informally” with the Trump campaign, the Trump transition team or the Trump administration from June 2015 through January 2017.

Unmasking occurs after U.S. citizens' conversations are incidentally picked up in conversations with foreign officials who are being monitored by the intelligence community. The U.S. citizens' identities are supposed to be protected if their participation is incidental and no wrongdoing is suspected. However, officials can determine the U.S. citizens' names through a process that is supposed to safeguard their rights.

Meanwhile, the Senate Judiciary Committee, in June, also approved a slew of subpoenas for documents and testimony from Obama administration officials involved in the Russia investigation as part of the panel’s review of the origins of that probe.

• Thanks 1