Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Veterans Group Says Trump Is Panicking As Poll Shows Military Backs Biden

Politics

Veterans Group Says Trump Is Panicking As Poll Shows Military Backs Biden

Ed Mazza
HuffPostSeptember 3, 2020

A progressive veterans group is warning President Donald Trump that he’s lost the support of the U.S. military at the ballot box. 

“Donald Trump is panicking,” a new video from VoteVets said. “Finding any excuse to show up in military communities. He knows if the election were held today, he’d lose the military vote in a landslide.”

A new poll from Military Times showed Trump’s favorability rate plunging among both active-duty troops and officers. Perhaps more significantly, 41 percent plan to vote for former Vice President Joe Biden versus 37 percent for Trump. 

Vote Vets said there was a simple reason for it.

“Because Donald Trump disrespects those who serve,” the narrator said, then listed all of the ways the president had failed to protect the troops, including the Russian bounty scandal.

“Trump’s refusal to defend America’s national security is dangerous,” the spot noted. ”His refusal to stand up for our troops is humiliating. His threat to deploy active-duty troops against American citizens is unconstitutional.” 

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-losing-military-support-092532827.html

Anybody who's ever served in the military knows the importance of staying up to date on military issues and MOS promotion numbers per the Military Times.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Reuters

Trump's threat to defund cities 'unconstitutional,' mayors say

By Andrea Shalal 1 hr ago

Reuters logo Trump's threat to defund cities 'unconstitutional,' mayors say

By Andrea Shalal

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie: U.S. President Trump delivers speech at the USS Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina© Reuters/LEAH MILLIS U.S. President Trump delivers speech at the USS Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Mayors of major U.S. cities on Thursday blasted President Donald Trump's threat to cut federal funding to cities facing ongoing protests as a violation of the U.S. Constitution, and New York state said it would challenge any move to defund the city in court.

Trump on Wednesday instructed Attorney General William Barr to develop a list of "anarchist jurisdictions" that "permitted violence and the destruction of property ... and have refused to undertake reasonable measures" to restore order.

The U.S. Conference of Mayors said the order had no legal standing, and would make cities less safe by slashing resources for police and first responders.

"This effort is intended only to inflame tensions and divide us. It is without merit, and it would hurt the people that a president is entrusted to protect,” said the group's CEO Tom Cochran.

The mayors of Washington, Portland, Seattle and New York City - who were singled out in the Trump memo - condemned the action.

“We are confronting unprecedented challenges — fighting back a pandemic and economic devastation without another stimulus. Now, instead of leadership from the White House, we are faced with new attacks that are unlawful, unconstitutional and will be undoubtedly defeated in court," they wrote in a joint statement.

New York City was ready to take immediate legal action if the White House attempts to defund the city, Attorney General Letitia James said in a Thursday statement.

"The president is not a dictator and his efforts at tyrannical rule will be met with fierce opposition," she said.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany shot back moments later during a briefing: "She's free to do that. We believe that what we will do will be lawful."

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer on Twitter called it a "foolish stunt" and said the president "ought to be focused on getting our country out of the COVID crisis."

In May, a federal appeals court blocked Trump's attempt to defund "sanctuary cities."

In that case, the judge ruled that the issues were a matter of state discretion. Policing and law enforcement are also areas regulated by states and local jurisdictions, not the federal government.

(Reporting by Andrea Shalal, Sarah N. Lynch and Tim Ahmann; Editing by Aurora Ellis)

Video: White House expects to get funding to avoid government shutdown (CNBC)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trumps-threat-to-defund-cities-unconstitutional-mayors-say/ar-BB18GpRH?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U453DHP

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Shelley said:

Which is why I don’t dole out respect to someone just because they Say they served in the Armed Forces , take Bergdahl for instance does he deserve respect ?

Nicely done....I appreciate the veiled disrespect of my military service....I never had one fake bone spur, so that's a bonus.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

"A progressive veterans 

group".......

First sentence In Shabs referenced article......kind of indicates right off what the spin will be!😮

CL 

I understand that....I feel the same way when I see an article posted from Breitbart, Fox News, Gateway Pundit, etc etc.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Back in the day the Military allowed folks that had troubled life enter service hopefully to change one path. I went in Proudly as my Family was all in and Loved the military, They don't do that today. The time I served, I never encountered service members that hated the USA, but that might have change during the obamulsim era. King 0 amplified the hate an racist in the USA that we see today...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Back in the day the Military allowed folks that had troubled life enter service hopefully to change one path. I went in Proudly as my Family was all in and Loved the military, They don't do that today. The time I served, I never encountered service members that hated the USA, but that might have change during the obamulsim era. King 0 amplified the hate an racist in the USA that we see today...

So true my friend !

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nicely done....I appreciate the veiled disrespect of my military service....I never had one fake bone spur, so that's a bonus.

GO RV, then BV 

Gee Shabs you align yourself with the likes of Bergdahl and Hunter Biden as someone that has served in the military ?? 
you took my comment awfully personal 

believe me I’m not as passive aggressive as you...  when I want you to know my opinion of you , I will name you and tell you directly .  In the mean time get over yourself it ain’t all about you !!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Shelley said:

Gee Shabs you align yourself with the likes of Bergdahl and Hunter Biden as someone that has served in the military ?? 
you took my comment awfully personal 

believe me I’m not as passive aggressive as you...  when I want you to know my opinion of you , I will name you and tell you directly .  In the mean time get over yourself it ain’t all about you !!!

I align myself with all U.S. military personnel past and present who have served or are currently serving the country honorably...how about you, Shelley?

GO RV, then BV 

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Reagan and Bush the elder were my C.I.C's, for the record.  I'll leave the math to you.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I align myself with all U.S. military personnel past and present who have served or are currently serving the country honorably...how about you, Shelley?

GO RV, then BV 

Being a daughter of an original Devils Brigade Officer with 12 years in the special forces and a brother on the police force most of my life , I respect everyone in all uniforms 

except those that are traitors and dishonorably discharged . 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 9/3/2020 at 6:46 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Trump Is Panicking

Or how about this one?

Trump Approval Surges to 52% – Black Voter Approval Jumps to 45% in Race Against Joe Biden

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/huge-numbers-trump-approval-surges-52-black-voter-approval-jumps-32-race-joe-biden/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1