Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A historic agreement and a special file that the French President will carry on his visit to Iraq soon

yota691

Editing date: 08/29/2020 15:10 • 30 times read
A historic agreement and a special file that the French President will carry on his visit to Iraq soon
[Baghdad-Where]
Member of the Foreign Relations Committee in the Iraqi Parliament, Mukhtar Al-Mousawi, revealed, on Saturday, the files that French President Emmanuel Macron is carrying on his visit to Iraq soon.
Al-Mousawi said, according to the Russian news agency Sputnik, that the French President, Macron, will visit the capital, Baghdad, next month, after changing the date of his visit, which was agreed upon by the French Defense Minister, Florence Parly.
Moussawi added that the files carried by the French President on his visit to Iraq, on top of which are the discussion with the Iraqi government on electricity, because there is a German-French agreement on electric power.
He confirmed, and Macron also carries with him a special file on Iraq's borders with neighboring countries: Syria, Turkey and Iran.
He continued, that the French President's talks are economic and focus on energy.
The Minister of the French Armies, Florence Parly, arrived in Baghdad last Thursday, August 27, and held talks with the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, her counterpart Jumah Inad al-Jubouri, and the leader of the international coalition forces led by the United States of America against terrorism.
Iraq suffers from a crisis in electric power over many years and a continuous interruption of the current current that prompted citizens to go out in angry popular protests, especially in the central and southern governorates, which are experiencing a significant rise in temperatures that exceed half the boiling point of water during the summer season.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

I find the picture of Macron above as being peculiar so I researched pinky symbolism. I found this.. Communication seems to be the more prominent meaning amongst the sites I visited. What is President Macron saying?

SmartSelect_20200829-091259_Chrome.jpg

I thought that was a strange picture too. A very odd choice to use it in the article...

• Upvote 3

01-09-2020 03:24 PM
image.php?token=e96923b00b80faa2a62965e09438b137&c=9123351&size=

Baghdad / Al-Akhbariya

The Iraqi Presidency announced that French President Emmanuel Macron will visit the country tomorrow, Wednesday, from Lebanon, which he is currently visiting.

The visit is the first for Macron to Iraq, and Iraqi sources said that the visit is an expression of standing by Iraq in the face of the crisis afflicting it.

• Upvote 3

01-09-2020 03:57 PM
image.php?token=b3fb197efca2fadbf01a4753b46ee975&c=1099539&size=

Baghdad / Al-Akhbariya

French flags were raised alongside Iraqi flags on Airport Street in preparation for receiving French President Manuel Macron on Wednesday.

And the Iraqi Presidency announced that French President Emmanuel Macron will visit the country tomorrow, Wednesday, from Lebanon, which he is currently visiting.

The visit is the first for Macron to Iraq, and Iraqi sources said that the visit is an expression of standing by Iraq in the face of the crisis afflicting it.

image.php?token=3b587c887227ec7f6c887b926d08497c&size=xxlarge
image.php?token=9d4f9eb0c5edb9b88dec00955fb49340&size=xxlarge
image.php?token=9ba5a7ae5cab6255cf0447f484865fc4&size=xxlarge
  • Upvote 2

On 8/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, yota691 said:
Editing date: 08/29/2020 15:10 • 30 times read

What he is really thunkin':

Un secousse est un remorqueur. Un remorqueur est un bateau. Un bateau est sur l'eau. L'eau fait partie de la nature. La nature est belle. Je fais partie de la nature, donc je suis belle!

(He's French, I bet you thought Il pensait en anglais!) 

Edited by Theseus
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Un secousse est un remorqueur. Un remorqueur est un bateau. Un bateau est sur l'eau. L'eau fait partie de la nature. La nature est belle. Je fais partie de la nature, donc je suis belle!

Being half French: sadly I only understand HALF of this article- Je suis, sorry. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

I only understood about half of that as well. It’s been way too many years since my French classes in college 😆 🤷‍♀️ 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I only understood about half of that as well. It’s been way too many years since my French classes in college 😆 🤷‍♀️ 

I haven't had a class of French, not saying the French have any class anyhow, since 9th grade. I do so enjoy the Lady Marmalade song (not directed at you or anyone on here) and I actually like the movie with Nicole Kidman.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

And French Dip Sammiches!! 😋 

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

And French Bread

1 hour ago, horsesoldier said:

Uh, what about French Kissing  😘 Guys & Gals ??? ( no goats 🐐 allowed)

Ok.......Only  Five  good tings come from the French. 😂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Theseus said:

Google Translated:

A jerk is a tug. A tug is a boat. A boat is on the water. Water is part of nature. Nature is beautiful. I am part of nature, therefore I am beautiful!

(He's French, I bet you thought he was thinking in English!)

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Mon dieu...

I'm  thinking...

A jerk is a booger. Therefore an eye booger is natural to pick, like a wildflower in the field. I am a booger. I yam what I yam.

19 hours ago, hawk-eye-view said:

...Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir.

I do remember that line from French IV.

funny I remember all the curse words....those were more fun to laugh and say when no one understands what is being said... kind of like when foreign language people start speaking in their native tongue around english speakers... When they do this, I start little burst of giggles after something is said. They start looking at me strange. I then begin saying yes and nodding my head. Occasionally a no. It freaks them out they think I know their language. I mainly pick up the tone of their conversation. They eventually stop speaking in a foreign language and return to speaking english. Spanish (Latin American dialect)  is somewhat easy to understand because you can pick up most of the words because they sound like the English version. I have even seen where they use this aspect to teach Spanish. 

• Haha 1