Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kurdish PM: three months agreement with Baghdad.

1598300923954.jpeg

Kurdish PM: three months agreement with Baghdad

•  
 2020-08-24 21:29

Kurdish PM: three months agreement with Baghda

Shafaq News / The Prime Minister of Kurdistan, Masrour Barzani announced today, Monday, that the government made a financial agreement with Baghdad for a period of three months.

Barzani said in an interview with Kurdish media, that the agreement with the federal government is currently for a period of three months only, after that, a comprehensive agreement on the budget will be reached.”

Regarding the disputed areas between Baghdad and Kurdistan, Barzani said that the dialogue is continuing to fill the security vacuums and confront ISIS while efforts are being made to implement Article 140 of the disputed areas.

"It is the first time that a delegation from Kurdistan participates with the Iraqi delegation in the Washington, where dialogue took place about the internal Iraqi situation," he said.

Masrour Barzani confirmed that he sent a letter to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo included the the region's intention to continue dialogue with the federal government to reach solutions to all outstanding issues.

The prime minister said, "We live in a region full of problems, and our most important one is the lack of unity, and many political parties seek to preserve the constitutional entity of the region, but unfortunately there are some parties that work otherwise."

Regarding the Corona virus, Masrour Barzani asserted that "the region’s authorities were the first to take many measures to protect citizens, but unfortunately some parties are manipulating the lives and safety of citizens and turning it into a political issue."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, mally2 said:

I’ll be a little disappointed if after all this talk of reforms and a trip to Washington  together we only get a patchwork 3 mos agreement. 

following this charade year after year , im so jaded Id be surprised if anything progressive and lasting comes from it .. still hopeful for iraq and the investors though ..... cheers

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, mally2 said:

I’ll be a little disappointed if after all this talk of reforms and a trip to Washington  together we only get a patchwork 3 mos agreement. 

Why is the 3 month agreement necessary when they've gone so long without it? Kind of seems strange to push it in now when they could just wait to put the more comprehensive agreement in the 2021 budget unless they need it in place for economic reform..

• Upvote 6

This guy can't fool me. . . he's looking at the Goats R Us lingerie catalog again. No One looks THAT longingly into a Computer Monitor - this guy is dreaming from the waist again  - - well,  then again he might if he were catching up on his illicit bank accounts. 

I'd get a tear in my eye looking at all that $$$$$ ( in my bank account ) he's fleeced. 

Edited by horsesoldier
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2