Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ok what’s you’re over and under?

1 minute ago, caddieman said:

Wow breath of fresh air!

I'm not only good with the truth - I'm am also cool with law breakers going to prison too; every one of them.

I am pretty sure that I am on the straight and narrow and want to stay there to stay out.

I don't want them to do me like Roger Stone....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

I'm not only good with the truth - I'm am also cool with law breakers going to prison too; every one of them.

I am pretty sure that I am on the straight and narrow and want to stay there to stay out.

I don't want them to do me like Roger Stone....

All you got to do is get close to Trump and you can do whatever you want!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hmmmm. Why wasn't this question queried about the DNC convention? 

Was the question suppose to imply the Dems don't lie and the Repubs do? 

I know, I know. The question was by an Independent and will say both sides lie.

My answer to the original question is. Don't care. Don't watch. I just don't want a JB/KH ticket. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

By bet is you won't watch any of it....so you're of no use to this whole over and under thread.....

Why did you start it anyhow?

Anyone want to bet on that?

CL

I will watch every bit of it. Just like I did the DNC. Got it set to REC if I’m not around for some reason. Now I bet you didn’t watch any of the DNC. So why respond in this thread?

Edited by caddieman
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, caddieman said:

Now was that lies or how many people you said watched!🤔

2 million was the first hour of the first day but I think you knew that.  I’ll stand behind my statement 100%. 

Would you like to explain your constant lying about Russia Collusion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I’m surprised they are even carrying it.  Not surprised they would censor it, that’s what Dems do. 

Donald Trump, “ Good evening my fellow Americans “

CNN,  We are censoring the rest of the evenings broacast because President Trump just lied. It is NOT a good evening if he is talking”

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, caddieman said:

I will watch every bit of it. Just like I did the DNC. Got it set to REC if I’m not around for some reason. Now I bet you didn’t watch any of the DNC. So why respond in this thread?

Only about 90% of the live DNC evening recordings for me.....always good to be informed...

Noticed the theme of good guy Joe.....kind....helpful to all...

Yet the one individual who defended him in the debates...a woman....a serving Major who did 2 tours in the M.E. .....a 4 term Congresswoman....who had delegates.......wasn't invited to the convention.....historically anyone with delegates even has a speaking opportunity.....

So quite a few candidates who dropped out earlier with zero delegates were asked to be involved.....

The participant who called Joe out as a racist.....and said she believed his lady accusers....rape and all... was chosen as his VP pick.....you know....the one who at the age of 29 was sleeping her way to the top with a 60 year old.....

So good old wonderful guy Joe....is he thinking for himself.....or perhaps just the Parrot Puppet of the DNC....

Whether Joe is running the show or not.......excluding Congresswoman Gabbard  from the proceedings...(yes, not even an invite) show that both Joe, and the DNC are spineless.....yep......Spineless Joe.......and that's how I really feel....    CL

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Only about 90% of the live DNC evening recordings for me.....always good to be informed...

Noticed the theme of good guy Joe.....kind....helpful to all...

Yet the one individual who defended him in the debates...a woman....a serving Major who did 2 tours in the M.E. .....a 4 term Congresswoman....who had delegates.......wasn't invited to the convention.....historically anyone with delegates even has a speaking opportunity.....

So quite a few candidates who dropped out earlier with zero delegates were asked to be involved.....

The participant who called Joe out as a racist.....and said she believed his lady accusers....rape and all... was chosen as his VP pick.....you know....the one who at the age of 29 was sleeping her way to the top with a 60 year old.....

So good old wonderful guy Joe....is he thinking for himself.....or perhaps just the Parrot Puppet of the DNC....

Whether Joe is running the show or not.......excluding Congresswoman Gabbard  from the proceedings...(yes, not even an invite) show that both Joe, and the DNC are spineless.....yep......Spineless Joe.......and that's how I really feel....    CL

👍

On 8/23/2020 at 5:48 PM, bigwave said:

It would be super cool if you could point out a few. 

All 25+ would be cool too.

Can you be the fact checker for us - please?

Well ladies and gentlemen I would have taken the over and would have lost. Now to my credit I thought Trump was giving a speech the first night. And many things were said by multiple people but I just counted that as one. There was 21 as far as I could tell. 8 by Trump in his speech after the roll call. and 13 Monday night. I will only post the highlights from the fact check article because I know many won’t read it. Heck most won’t read this post😂

Summary

Speakers in the first night of the 2020 Republican National Conventionengaged in political spin, particularly in making claims about Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s policy positions:

Analysis
Distorting GOP Tax Cuts, Biden Tax Hikes

Several speakers at the convention misleadingly portrayed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, which Trump signed, as exclusively benefiting the middle class, while criticizing Biden’s tax plan as hurting “working families.” In fact, the Republican tax law largely benefitted the wealthy, while the Biden proposed tax increases would fall mainly on the top 1% of taxpayers.

Trump’s Postal Service Whopper

In one of his prime-time appearances during the convention, the president visited with a group of essential employees who have worked throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. He told one woman, a postal worker, that the Democrats want to get rid of postal workers.

Highway Approvals

Trump wrongly claimed, ”It used to take 17 years, 18 years, 20 years, 21 years … to get approval to build a highway,” but that under his administration, “We have it down to two years now, we’re going to have it down to one.” According to the latest statistics from the Federal Highway Administration, it took a median of 3.83 years in fiscal 2019 for projects requiring environmental impact statements to complete the process required by the National Environmental Policy Act. That’s the same or a bit longer than it took during the last five years of the Obama administration.

Trump made the claim at the Republican National Convention on Aug. 24 after being formally nominated as the party’s presidential candidate.

Trump Jr. on the ‘Greatest Economy’

Donald Trump Jr. said his father “built the greatest economy our country has ever seen,” which isn’t true.

Defunding the Police

Some speakers falsely claimed that Biden wants to defund the police, even though Biden has explicitly said that he does not. The charges are part of a Trump campaign strategy to suggest that a Biden administration would mean an unsafe America with crime out of control and unanswered 911 calls.

Fracking/Fossil Fuels

Two speakers went after Democratic policy positions on the environment, but mischaracterized them.

Incarceration and Crime Legislation

In contrasting Trump’s record on crime legislation with Biden’s, Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones and Scott made misleading claims.

Federal Revenue

Scott claimed that the Republican-crafted Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 actually increased federal revenue.

Abortion

McDaniel misleadingly summarized the Democratic position on abortion when she said, “Policies that force jobs to flee our country or allow abortion up until the point of birth are not nice.”

China Travel Restrictions

Donald Trump Jr. spun two claims related to the travel restrictions on China his father imposed in response to the spread of the coronavirus. Trump Jr.’s claim that his father “shut down travel from China” overstates the reach of the travel restrictions that were announced by the Trump administration on Jan. 31 and took effect on Feb. 2. The policy prohibited non-U.S. citizens who had traveled to China within the previous two weeks from entering the U.S.

Open Borders’

At least two speakers on the first night of the convention — Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle  falsely described Biden as an advocate for “open borders.” That’s a gross exaggeration of Biden’s position.

ISIS

Haley drew a false comparison in saying Biden “is good” for ISIS but Trump “took on ISIS and won.”

In fact, about half of the territory held by the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, had been regained under the Obama administration, according to figures provided by the Trump administration.

Suburbs

In her remarks, Patty McCloskey, who, along with her husband, is facing felony charges for pointing guns at Black Lives Matter protesters who marched by their St. Louis home in June, falsely suggested that Trump eliminated a federal rule that “forced rezoning” in the suburbs.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/08/republican-convention-opening-night/

Edited by caddieman
  • Confused 1