Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

USA Iraq News Latest | Mike #Pompeo, Iraqi foreign minister speak to media | Live Stream

yota691

2 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

Welcome to “ Let’s Make a Deal “ - perhaps this is the legitimate “ Iraq is open for Business “

It sure looks like it, like Adam said he wanted to see talk about the HCL! I think we are seeing it ! Are am I reading this with rose colored glasses? JMHO 

• Like 5

IRAQ IS OPEN FOR US BUSINESS, PRIME MINISTER SAYS; TRUMP EYES OIL PROSPECTS

2082020185930dgr.PNG
FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Iraq's Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi as a translator looks on in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, U.S., August 20, 2020. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

https://www.nrttv.com/En/News.aspx?id=23345&MapID=2

SULAIMANI — President Donald Trump on Thursday (August 20) said US companies were involved in many prospects in Iraq’s oil business, as Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi declared his country open for American business and investment.

Trump told reporters before a meeting with the Iraqi leader that the US military had very few troops in Iraq and looked forward to the day when it did not have to be there, but would help the country if neighboring Iran should do anything, according to Reuters.

Al-Kadhimi took office in April, becoming the third Iraq head of state in a chaotic 10-week period that followed months of deadly protests in the country, which has been exhausted by decades of sanctions, war, corruption and economic challenges.

The meeting comes amid a new spike in tensions between the United States and Iran after Washington said it would move to reinstate all US sanctions on Iran at the United Nations.

Washington is pushing to extend a UN-imposed arms embargo against Iran that is due to expire in October under Tehran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers. Trump withdrew the United States from the deal in 2018 and reimposed crippling sanctions on Iran.

Five US firms, including Chevron Corp, signed agreements on Wednesday with the Iraqi government aimed at boosting Iraq’s energy independence from Iran.

The US Department of Energy said in a statement that Honeywell International Inc, Baker Hughes Co, General Electric Co, Stellar Energy and Chevron signed commercial agreements worth as much as $8 billion with the Iraqi ministers of oil and electricity.

The agreements were signed following a meeting of the Iraqi ministers with US Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, as well as a roundtable in Washington on Wednesday with the Iraqi prime minister and the US energy industry.

(NRT Digital Media/Reuters)

This story was updated at 7:32 p.m. EBL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

@DWS112

Thanks so much, DWS112.  (I'm out of trophies.)

Also, I was happy to learn that Khadimi speaks English.  I didn't know that.

It's so embarrassing that those dumb reporters had to ask about Steve Bannon,  and Trump's taxes in front of Khadimi.  

I can't imagine what foreign leaders think when reporters do things like this.  No respect for the office of the President whatsoever.

And who was that woman yelling at the end?  I don't think they would stand for such behavior in any other country.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

@DWS112

It's so embarrassing that those dumb reporters had to ask about Steve Bannon,  and Trump's taxes in front of Khadimi.  

I can't imagine what foreign leaders think when reporters do things like this.  No respect for the office of the President whatsoever.

And who was that woman yelling at the end?  I don't think they would stand for such behavior in any other country.

I'm sure that those foreign leaders have their eyes on what our National Leader is doing and not much on how the reporters are acting. I'm pretty sure most countries have their own reporter issues. These same reporters will be beside themselves when President Trump wins his 2nd Term. 

TRUMP 2020.......YEEEEEEAH!!!!!! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Floridian said:

@DWS112

Great news conference for sure! At the end I found it absolutely hilarious watching M. Pompeo try to maintain his composure by not falling out the chair laughing at the lady yelling at the reporters. That was funny

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Flamtap said:

I'm sure that those foreign leaders have their eyes on what our National Leader is doing and not much on how the reporters are acting. I'm pretty sure most countries have their own reporter issues. These same reporters will be beside themselves when President Trump wins his 2nd Term. 

TRUMP 2020.......YEEEEEEAH!!!!!! 

I hope so!  I'd love to see those reporter's faces when Trump wins the election.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

BasNews   2020/08/20 - 20:45   Iraq 

ERBIL - Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi on Thursday met with US President Donald Trump at the White House where he expressed Baghdad's support for US business as well as investment.

President Trum pointed out that US companies were involved in many projects in Iraq's oil business, according to Reuters.

The meeting comes amid an increase in the tensions between Iran and the US after Washington said that it would reinstate all US sanctions on Tehran at the United Nations.

"Just concluded an excellent meeting with @realDonaldTrump. We will continue to work on defeating the remenants of ISIS, and develop joint projects to improve our economic ties. We thank President Trump and our US friends in helping us free Iraq from the scourge of terrorism," the Iraqi premier wrote on Twitter.

Before he met Kadhimi, Trump told reporters that there are very few US troops in Iraq and that he looked forward to the day when the foreign forces are no longer needed in the country.

• Upvote 4

Economy focus of US-Iraq ties after Kadhimi meeting with Trump

1 hour ago
IRAQUS President Donald Trump (R) meets with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, August 20, 2020. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP
US President Donald Trump (R) meets with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, August 20, 2020. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Baghdad and Washington are shifting their relationship to focus on economic ties, after years of war. Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi and US President Donald Trump both highlighted expanding economic ties in comments to the media after a meeting in the White House on Thursday. 

The United States helped Iraq in defeating terror group the Islamic State (ISIS) and toppling former dictator Saddam Hussein and now “we are working on building a strong relationship that is based on joint interests for Iraq and the United States, that is based on economic interests for the better future of the Iraqi people and the United States people,” said Kadhimi.

We’re making very big oil deals. Our oil companies are making massive deals, that’s basically the story,” said Trump. He reiterated a common refrain of his that the US was being taken advantage of, but said now he’s “very happy” with their relationship. 

Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein said yesterday he expects to sign a deal with US oil giant Chevron. He gave no details of the prospective agreement. 

Kadhimi, who left for Washington Tuesday, met earlier with American business leaders and US Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette. He expressed his government’s “willingness to remove all obstacles before the work of American companies in Iraq” and asked for help from US banks in developing the Iraqi banking system, according to a statement from his office.    

Brouillette describe it as an “exciting day.” Trump’s administration and the private sector “stand ready to help Iraq achieve energy independence and bolster their national security,” he tweeted. 

Asked about attacks on US troops and interests in Iraq by Iranian-backed militia groups, Trump touted the strength of American armed forces, saying “When somebody hits us, we hit back harder than they hit us. So we handle it.”

He declined to give a timeline for the withdrawal of some 5,000 US troops currently in Iraq, saying they will “be leaving shortly,” and deferred to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo who said they’ll depart “as soon as we complete the mission.”

PKK: Trump says willing to help

Trump said that if Kadhimi asked for help ending Turkey’s military attacks on Iraqi soil, he would “take a look.”

“It’s a very, very unstable part of the world, but we’re here to help and because of the relationship we would certainly be willing to lend you the kind of support you need,” Trump told Kadhimi. 

Turkey has intensified its campaign against the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) in the Kurdistan Region mountains this summer, carrying out frequent airstrikes and sending troops across the border. Eight civilians have been killed in Turkish strikes and Baghdad has demanded Turkey keep out of Iraq. 

“Definitely the Turkish attacks are not accepted,” said Kadhimi, also noting that launching attacks against neighbour states from within Iraq’s borders is contrary to the constitution. 

“We are entering dialogue with Turkey to rectify this situation and I look forward to solving this problem with Turkey and getting our neighbours, the Turks, to understand Iraq’s circumstances,” said Kadhimi. 

Trump volunteered to raise the issue with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with whom he as “a very good relationship.”
Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 2

Al-Kazemi: Iraq is working to establish a strong economic alliance with America

Mustafa Al-Kazemi, Prime Minister. "Internet"
  https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=21513
 money and business
Economy News - Baghdad

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi confirmed that economic reforms are the only option to confront the financial and economic crisis currently facing Iraq, explaining that Iraq is working to establish a strong and sustainable alliance with America in the economic field.

Al-Kazemi said in his speech at the American Chamber of Commerce, followed by "Economy News", that Iraq is going through an unprecedented financial crisis due to the drop in oil prices, which increases the financial budget by more than 90% and accompanies the crisis an outbreak of the Corona virus.

He added that the government is working to correct the course of the Iraqi economy by focusing on two main axes, the first is to implement an integrated reform program that includes all economic aspects, the second is to combat corruption and enhance transparency, explaining that Iraq's problems are the control of the government sector, dependence on oil, high unemployment rates, low growth rates and Iraqi income.

And he indicated that the government is seeking to implement real reform measures that may be painful in the short term, but they are very necessary in advancing the economy.

He pointed out that the reform program depends on diversifying the economy and revitalizing non-oil economic sectors such as agriculture, industry and services, and moving towards a market economy by moving away from government control over the economy, pointing out that the development of infrastructure will be with the participation of the private sector.

Al-Kazemi revealed that the government is holding talks with a number of international legal institutions to track down corruption and corruption deals and hold responsibility for anyone who tampered with state funds, explaining that the government is working to reconsider legislation to fill the loopholes that allow the corrupt to exploit them.

In the conclusion of his speech, Al-Kazemi noted that Iraq believes in a strong and sustainable alliance with America in the areas of economic growth and reforms, and this alliance will achieve stability and the aspirations of the Iraqi and American peoples.

Al-Kazemi opened the way for American investors to work inside Iraq in the fields of oil exploration, construction of refineries, petrochemical and gas plants associated with production, housing, education and health.

Number of observations 191 date of addendum 20/08/2020

Edited by 6ly410
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, cws said:

Yup,  After the last election Rhinna was going to leave the country all the way to Hawaii. 😆

Wait just one minute! Are we talking the same Rhianna that went to France, visited with their president and his wife then spoke of being some type of advocate for the education for the children in the US? That Rhianna? 

The same one that I understood(correct me if I'm wrong), doesn't even have a GED? But she made it all the way to Harvard. They recognized her for her work. To her credit she does hold one or two honorary degrees. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

146814.jpg.4e42a4a16cb8e3d3e6f56eab259feefa.jpg

2020/08/20 17:29

Trump confirms his support for Al-Kazemi's plans to reform the Iraqi economy: a man I get along very well with

https://almasalah.com/ar/news/196468/ترامب-يؤكد-مساندته-لخطط-الكاظمي-لإصلاح-الاقتصاد-العراقي-رجل-أنسجم-معه-جدا

Baghdad / Obelisk: During the meeting with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, on Thursday August 20, 2020, US President Donald Trump said, "Al-Kazemi is a man who I get along very well with."

Trump indicated that "Washington affirms its support for Al-Kazemi's plans to reform the Iraqi economy."

Trump added, "Washington affirms its support for Iraq's relations with neighboring countries and the need to respect the sovereignty of Iraq."

Al-Kazemi succeeded, during his meeting with US President Donald Trump, on Thursday, to lead the strategic dialogue to obtain an American withdrawal from Iraq, and it was emphasized between Baghdad and Washington on the need to respect the sovereignty of Iraq.

And on the military withdrawal from Iraq, Trump said: "We have largely withdrawn from Iraq and very few soldiers remain," reiterating his commitment to "a rapid exit of the international coalition forces within three years."

Obelisk

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2