Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Statement from the Kurdistan Regional Government after the agreement with Baghdad

yota691

Statement from the Kurdistan Regional Government after the agreement with Baghdad

2020.08.16 - 18:56

Baghdad - People   

The Minister of Negotiating Affairs with Baghdad in the Kurdistan Regional Government, Khaled Shawani, announced, on Sunday, that the agreement reached between Baghdad and Erbil is valid until the approval of the 2021 budget, and includes a set of pending issues.  

Shwani said in a statement followed by "People", (August 16, 2020), that "after a series of visits by the delegation of the region headed by Qubad Talabani, with the aim of obtaining financial dues for the Kurdistan region and the salaries of employees, and after a number of meetings, and changing the proposals and notes for 12 times, the agreement was announced. between two sides".  

He added, "The negotiations witnessed a lot of ebb and flow, and the process was difficult and complex, and our efforts were seeking to secure the financial rights of the region’s employees and protect the constitutional rights. The agreement applies until the 2021 budget law is approved, to start a new phase of negotiations on next year's budget."  

He explained that "the agreement includes sending 320 billion dinars a month to the Kurdistan region, and it deals with a set of other files, such as monitoring, auditing, the mechanism for handling many financial and economic files, and the mechanism for dealing with the revenues of border crossings under the Federal Financial Management Law No. 6 of 2019."  

On Saturday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi discussed with the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masrour Barzani, the outstanding issues between Erbil and Baghdad.  

According to a statement by the region’s prime minister (August 15, 2020), “The Prime Minister of Kurdistan, Masrour Barzani, during a phone call with Federal Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, stressed that the Iraqi constitution should be the basis for resolving all existing disputes or any agreement reached, with Taking into consideration the specificity of the Kurdistan region and the general interest of the Iraqi people.    

The two sides also indicated, according to the statement, to "move forward in negotiations and the results achieved in the past months that the delegations of the two parties fought."    

The two sides affirmed that on the basis of these understandings and to resolve the issue of those who receive salaries in the region, and based on the current financial situation in Iraq, it was decided that Baghdad would send an amount of 320 billion dinars as part of the salaries to the Kurdistan region as soon as possible.    

He also stressed "the continuation of negotiations with the aim of resolving all outstanding problems."    

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

In documents ... the text of the proposed agreement by Al-Kazemi to resolve the outstanding issues with Kurdistan

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The agency {Al Furat News} publishes the text of the agreement proposed by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, to resolve the outstanding issues with the Kurdistan region.

23c1de06a1eb6b5d2ff63009548b0eb4.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, presence said:

Very well said keylime- thank you very much for your enthusiastic and refreshing viewpoint- and decree~

Thank you.  We must Keep Asking. Keep Seeking.. Keep Knocking. Until it comes to pass. Pray it through. 

God bless us all!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

As Caleb said to Joshua when they entered the promised land after going around the same mountain for 40 years. " Give me my mountain!" 

Kinda feels sometimes like 40 years, going around our own mountain with these Pin Heads, don't it ?? :rocking-chair:

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it. Ha! Around and around the Baghdad mountain we've gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, keylime said:

He added, "We are ready to hand over the oil file completely," noting that "some are trying to disturb the relations between the center and the region. "

I pray against anything that comes against the HCL. I bind up everything that keeps Iraq and Kuwait from coming into agreement.

I declare no more delays from the enemy! I declare a signed agreement NOW in Jesus Name! Amen! 

As Caleb said to Joshua when they entered the promised land after going around the same mountain for 40 years. " Give me my mountain!" 

Well I say Give us our mountain!

Amen and Amen. 

Keylime,

This is awesome! 

Maybe we should start a prayer topic here on DV. I have done so before.

I know if I saw this specific prayer daily, it would inspire me . .the fervent prayer of a righteous man availith much.  

Power of our believing together... 

I 100 percent know that God has every aspect of this whole kit and kabootle in His hands....it's on the way! 

Blessings, WH.

I wouldn't high jack your beautiful prayer!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, wealthhound said:

Keylime,

This is awesome! 

Maybe we should start a prayer topic here on DV. I have done so before.

I know if I saw this specific prayer daily, it would inspire me . .the fervent prayer of a righteous man availith much.  

Power of our believing together... 

I 100 percent know that God has every aspect of this whole kit and kabootle in His hands....it's on the way! 

Blessings, WH.

I wouldn't high jack your beautiful prayer!!

Thank you Wealthbound. You're not hijacking you're touching and agreeing! And I agree we need to start a prayer vigil topic and pray this thing through everyday. Let all who will come to God's throne of Grace and decree and declare this blessing until it comes to pass!

Love it!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 8/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, keylime said:

He added, "We are ready to hand over the oil file completely," noting that "some are trying to disturb the relations between the center and the region. "

I pray against anything that comes against the HCL. I bind up everything that keeps Iraq and Kuwait from coming into agreement.

I declare no more delays from the enemy! I declare a signed agreement NOW in Jesus Name! Amen! 

Amen and Amen. 

Well put!! Amen!!

• Upvote 1

The Iraqi government clarifies the details of the financial settlement with the Kurdistan region

The Iraqi government clarifies the details of the financial settlement with the Kurdistan region
Iraqi Ministry of Finance
 August 17, 2020 09:35 PM

Mubasher: Today, Monday, the Iraqi Ministry of Finance affirmed its commitment to its constitutional duties in economic and financial reform and public financial management, including its obligations towards the Kurdistan Regional Government, without the presence of the federal budget bill for 2020.

In a statement, the ministry said, “When the government took over in May 2020, it was decided not to proceed immediately in drafting the 2020 budget until oil prices stabilize in global markets for the purpose of knowing the most obvious revenues. The ministry also had to compensate for the revenues resulting from the collapse Oil prices, reduced demand, and Iraq's obligations under the OPEC Plus agreement. "

She pointed out that "the Corona virus epidemic has led to the emergence of additional demands on state expenditures as well as very large additions to public salaries as a result of previous government commitments in the field of employment and employment, and the Ministry of Finance must also deal with the large number of new graduates who are waiting for jobs from The state in light of the instability of oil prices on the world markets and the decline in revenues generated from it.

The ministry added, "During the month of May 2020, the government agreed to transfer (400) billion dinars to the Kurdistan Regional Government in the state of emergency to meet the demands of the regional government employees who had not received their salaries for several months, and this funding was subject to entering into discussions with the regional government. To resolve all outstanding issues between the federal government and the regional government regarding oil and non-oil revenues.

And she continued, "The discussions have started in multiple rounds to reach a final agreement in light of the mutual obligations between the two sides and based on the original agreement, the Ministry of Finance has not made any financial transfers to the region since the April payment. However, the financial conditions of the Kurdistan Regional Government have deteriorated and requests have been submitted again to The Ministry of Finance to provide it with financing in order to meet the expenses of the salaries of its employees. "

The ministry indicated that “a seven-point agreement (attached) has been concluded between the prime minister and the prime minister of the regional government, which was concluded on 8/15/2020 on the basis of which the Ministry of Finance was invited to finance (320) billion dinars in August / 2020 to the region. , And that this amount is based mainly on the ministry’s estimates of the region’s share of federal expenditures. The Ministry of Finance’s estimates of the region’s oil and non-oil imports come from it.

She added, "The Ministry considered that the aforementioned amount in light of the current circumstances and within the framework of the goodwill atmosphere that prevailed in the discussions between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government, and based on the fact that the funding request submitted by the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, which includes the approval of the legal department therein, falls within reasonable and will be amended later by an increase or The decrease in the final calculation between the federal government and the regional government, and based on all that, the Ministry of Finance approved this request on 8/17/2020 and authorized the financing of an amount of (320) billion dinars to the Kurdistan Regional Government for the month of August / 2020.

The Ministry of Finance affirmed the necessity to proceed with the dialogue to implement the attached interim agreement with regard to customs and oil revenues, the region’s commitment to the OPEC Plus agreement and settlement of the debts of the Trade Bank of Iraq TBI, and this must be done within 30 days.

She revealed that "the total funds made by the Ministry of Finance since the beginning of this year are (1,360) trillion dinars through the previous government and (720) billion dinars by the current government with a total of (2.080) trillion dinars."

The Iraqi Finance concluded its statement by saying: “The Ministry of Finance will present the draft budget law for the year / 2020 before the end of next September of this year, and the funds will be determined to the regional government. A legal, continuous and clear basis for the sums allocated to the region, and the Ministry of Finance will clarify the financial basis for the funding for the regional government in final form in the 2021 budget.

22554.jpg
The headquarters of the Ministry of Finance. "Internet"

money and business

Economy News - Baghdad

The Ministry of Finance affirmed its commitment to its constitutional duties in economic and financial reform and the management of public finances, including its obligations towards the Kurdistan Regional Government, without the existence of the draft Federal Budget Law for the year 2020.

"When the government took over in May 2020, it was decided not to proceed immediately in drafting the 2020 budget until oil prices stabilize in world markets for the purpose of knowing the most obvious revenues," the ministry said in a statement seen by "Al-Eqtisad News". The ministry also had to compensate Revenues resulting from the collapse of oil prices, reduced demand for it, and Iraq's obligations under the OPEC Plus agreement. "

She pointed out that "the Corona virus epidemic has led to the emergence of additional demands on state expenditures as well as very large additions to public salaries as a result of previous government commitments in the field of employment and employment, and the Ministry of Finance must also deal with the large number of new graduates who are waiting for jobs from The state in light of the instability of oil prices on the world markets and the decline in revenues from it.

The ministry added that "during the month of May 2020, the government agreed to transfer (400) billion dinars to the Kurdistan Regional Government in a state of emergency to meet the demands of regional government employees who had not received their salaries for several months, and this funding was subject to entering into discussions with the regional government to solve all The outstanding issues between the federal government and the regional government regarding oil and non-oil revenues.

And she continued, "The discussions have started in multiple rounds to reach a final agreement in light of the mutual obligations between the two sides and based on the original agreement, the Ministry of Finance has not made any financial transfers to the region since the April payment. However, the financial conditions of the Kurdistan Regional Government have deteriorated and requests have been submitted again to The Ministry of Finance to provide it with financing in order to meet the expenses of the salaries of its employees. "

The ministry indicated that “a seven-point agreement (attached) has been concluded between the prime minister and the prime minister of the regional government, which was concluded on 8/15/2020 on the basis of which the Ministry of Finance was invited to finance (320) billion dinars in August / 2020 to the region, And that this amount is based mainly on the ministry’s estimates of the region’s share of federal expenditures, and from it the estimates of the Ministry of Finance on the region’s oil and non-oil imports.

She added, "The Ministry considered that the aforementioned amount in light of the current circumstances and within the framework of the goodwill atmosphere that prevailed in the discussions between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government, and based on the fact that the funding request submitted by the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, which includes the approval of the legal department therein, falls within reasonable and will be amended later by an increase or The decrease in the final calculation between the federal government and the regional government, and based on all that, the Ministry of Finance approved this request on 8/17/2020 and authorized the financing of an amount of (320) billion dinars to the Kurdistan Regional Government for the month of August / 2020.

The Ministry of Finance affirmed "the necessity to proceed with the dialogue to implement the attached interim agreement regarding customs and oil revenues, the region’s commitment to the OPEC Plus agreement and settlement of the debts of the Iraqi Trade Bank TBI, and this must be done within 30 days."

She revealed that "the total funds made by the Ministry of Finance since the beginning of this year are (1,360) trillion dinars through the previous government and (720) billion dinars by the current government with a total of (2.080) trillion dinars."

Finance concluded its statement by saying: “The Ministry of Finance will present the draft budget law for the year 2020 before the end of next September of this year, and the funds will be determined to the regional government. Allocated to the region, and the Ministry of Finance will finally clarify the financial basis for the funding for the regional government in the 2021 budget.

Number of observations 41   Date of addendum 08/18/2020
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deputy: The government agreement does not place any financial obligations on the Kurdistan government, which does not pay the center a single penny from its revenues

850625-af2114c0-5ea2-4198-9a26-6fe96ebff
Baghdad / NINA / The Parliamentary Approach Bloc criticized the recent agreement between the federal government and the Kurdistan region.

MP Hussein Al-Uqabi referred to the statement of the Ministry of Finance, in which it confirmed the Kurdistan Regional Government’s disavowal of its legal obligations to deliver oil revenues and ports to the federal government, and the accusation to the region’s authorities of not paying the salaries of employees that were sent in the previous payment (400 billion dinars).

He said, in a press statement, that "the federal government surprised us with a miserable and humiliating agreement for the Iraqi state to hand over the region a second payment of 320 billion dinars in exchange for floating, loose and unclear commitments by the regional government," noting that "this agreement gives the impression that it is an agreement between two states and two governments." "There is no federal government and a regional government that is subordinate to it and is subject to its authority and governance, which unfortunately establishes the principle of equal power duality between the center and the region."

He added, "The slightest contemplation of the text of the agreement finds it loose and does not arrange any financial obligations on the regional government, which collects large sums of money from the revenues of the border crossings and the export of oil and does not pay the center a single penny from it. Rather, it demands the central government to pay the salaries of the region’s employees, and it is one of its obligations that it disavows as usual. ", Stressing that" this is underestimation, fraud, fraud and extortion practiced by the Kurdistan Regional Government, and any submission, abuse and dishonor we are witnessing from the Al-Kazemi government as it is subject to bargains by the regional authority, which monopolizes the money deducted from the region's oil revenues and its outlets. "

Al-Uqabi asked, "Can the federal government know the amount of the region’s revenues from oil and outlets for this year and previous years in light of the opacity and lack of transparency and fraud by the regional government? And why should the central government pay the region’s debts while it does not know its size and amount, who is benefiting from it and who is responsible?" Where? ", Indicating that" the evidence points to the Kurdistan Regional Authority’s acquisition of oil revenues and outlets that the region’s parliament and government do not know exactly how much. "/ End 5

Ahmed Al-Kinani: The citizens of the center and the south are paying the price for Al-Kazemi's "collusion" with Kurdistan

850758-bfc91074-cd2a-4c49-ac98-1085330fd
Baghdad / NINA / The representative of the Al-Sadiqoun Bloc, Ahmed Al-Kanani, said that the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi colluded with the Kurdistan region at the expense of the citizens of the center and the south.

Al-Kinani said in a statement that the Iraqi National News Agency ( NINA ) received a copy of it that "the federal government has made major concessions to the Kurdistan region despite its lack of commitment to the concerted agreements between the two parties." .

He added that "the Al-Kazemi government colluded with the Kurdistan region at the expense of the citizens of the center and the south," indicating that "the region did not comply with the payment of the financial dues incurred by it and this is against the law. "/ End 9

The Iraqi Deputy Speaker calls on the Kurdistan government to end the file of handing over its revenues to Baghdad

The Iraqi Deputy Speaker calls on the Kurdistan government to end the file of handing over its revenues to Baghdad
First Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Hassan Karim Al-Kaabi
 August 18, 2020 03:36 PM

Mubasher: The First Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives, Hassan Karim Al-Kaabi, called today, Tuesday, the Council of Ministers to assume legal and moral responsibility towards the people in accordance with the principle of justice, equality and the public interest of the state, calling on the Kurdistan Regional Government to end the file of handing over its revenues to Baghdad, considering that this file imposes burdens Many and heavy for the Baghdad government and the people of the region .

In a statement issued by his media office, Al-Kaabi said that the 2019 budget passed through exceptional circumstances. Where discussions were held between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government aimed at concluding a final agreement with the regional government; To reach a final solution related to the delivery of oil exported from the region to Baghdad.

Al-Kaabi asked, according to the statement, saying: “In any right or legal cover, the Kurdistan government will deliver the monthly amounts without auditing the financial control, and the oil revenues and other revenues collected in the region will be handed over to the Federal Ministry of Finance after the end of the 2019 budget law on December 31 last year. ".

Al-Kaabi was surprised by the talks and discussions between the regional government and the Al-Kazemi government, which ended with a decision according to which the regional government was handed over 320 billion Iraqi dinars without handing over to the taxes and fees collected, the resources of border crossings and airports, and the exported oil revenues to the federal government .

The First Deputy Speaker pointed out that the Council of Ministers, in one of its previous sessions, issued a decision to grant the Iraqi Ministry of Health and the stricken Dhi Qar Governorate an amount of 50 billion dinars. To fill the shortfall in the needs of facing Corona and the urgent requirements of the Iraqi people, but the lack of cash led to the failure to finance the Ministry of Health and Dhi Qar, wondering how to spend 320 billion dinars for the regional government in light of these critical conditions that the provinces suffer from, which reach the point of not allocating Sums that cover even "stationery" expenses in its departments.

Editing date: 08/18/2020 17:10 • 115 times read
Deputy: Al-Kazemi spends money via “phone” and his agreement with Erbil “Facebook”
[Baghdad_Where]
MP of the Saeron Alliance, Riyad Muhammad, said on Tuesday that the financial agreement between Baghdad and Erbil and Facebook will not be completed through the law and the constitution.

Muhammad said that “Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi disbursed the region’s funds through a phone call with Masrour Barzani, and this is not in line with the constitution and the law,” noting that “the federal government does not have a database on the size of the region’s employees and disburses money as a grant.”

He added that "the financial agreement between Baghdad and Erbil is Facebook, and the relationship between the two parties is shown in accordance with the political agreement, not the legal and constitutional," indicating that "the mistakes of the constitution are what made the relationship between Erbil and Baghdad in this way."

Today, Tuesday, the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Hassan Karim Al-Kaabi called on the Council of Ministers to assume legal and moral responsibility towards the people in accordance with the principle of justice, equality and the public interest of the state, calling on the government to clarify the legal justifications under which the money was delivered to Kurdistan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Deputy Al-Aqili to / Nina /: Collecting signatures to file a complaint before the judiciary against the Baghdad ... Erbil agreement regarding sending money to the Kurdistan government

851238-f518ee52-21a4-46e5-8636-cf7453c89
Baghdad / NINA / The MP for the Alliance of Walkers, Sabah Al-Ugaili, announced that they will collect parliamentary signatures to file a complaint before the judiciary against the Baghdad and Kurdistan Region agreement regarding sending money to the regional government.

Al-Aqili said in a special statement to / Nina / that Parliament is not against sending money from the federal government to the region or against citizens and employees in the region, but the sending of money must be followed by crucial controls and decisions before proceeding to send it.

He explained that sending 320 billion dinars to the region is an incorrect procedure because the number of employees in the region and the number of retirees are not known, and also the reasons for the low salaries of retirees in the region are not known.

He added that there should be a comprehensive agreement between Baghdad and Erbil and be transparent and know many financial and administrative details in the region before proceeding to send money from the federal government to the region. / Finished 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, yota691 said:

Deputy Al-Aqili to / Nina /: Collecting signatures to file a complaint before the judiciary against the Baghdad ... Erbil agreement regarding sending money to the Kurdistan government

851238-f518ee52-21a4-46e5-8636-cf7453c89
Baghdad / NINA / The MP for the Alliance of Walkers, Sabah Al-Ugaili, announced that they will collect parliamentary signatures to file a complaint before the judiciary against the Baghdad and Kurdistan Region agreement regarding sending money to the regional government.

Al-Aqili said in a special statement to / Nina / that Parliament is not against sending money from the federal government to the region or against citizens and employees in the region, but the sending of money must be followed by crucial controls and decisions before proceeding to send it.

He explained that sending 320 billion dinars to the region is an incorrect procedure because the number of employees in the region and the number of retirees are not known, and also the reasons for the low salaries of retirees in the region are not known.

He added that there should be a comprehensive agreement between Baghdad and Erbil and be transparent and know many financial and administrative details in the region before proceeding to send money from the federal government to the region. / Finished 9

Thanks Yota. I hope you’re well. 

Sabah’s a good guy. I remember when Sabah had to resign under Maliki’s reign.  Malaki wanted to kill him.  Here’s an article from Maliki's reign. 

SEPTEMBER 29, 2011

The Latest Crackdown in Iraq

by
 PATRICK COCKBURN

The Iraqi government is seeking to silence critics who accuse it of rampant corruption by removing officials who try to prosecute racketeers and intimidating politicians and journalists who support them.

This month alone it has forced the head of its anti-corruption watchdog to resign. And a prominent Iraqi journalist, who had been threatened for leading anti-government protests, was shot dead in his home in Baghdad.

There is growing anger that the ruling elite is stealing or embezzling much of the country’s $2bn (£1.3bn) a week in oil revenues, depleting funding for electricity, water, health care, housing, education and even rubbish collection. Transparency International says that last year Iraq was the fourth most corrupt country in the world, out of 178 countries surveyed.

The Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, and his government have apparently decided to deal with the accusations by hitting back at their accusers. They are trying to remove the parliamentary immunity of an independent MP, Sabah al-Saadi, formerly head of the parliamentary committee on integrity, so that they can arrest him for making allegations against Maliki.

So few officials in Iraq are prosecuted or lose their jobs for corruption that it is difficult to prove how widespread it is, though most Iraqis assume that no job or contract is awarded without a bribe. A report this week by the Brussels-based International Crisis Group, called Failing Oversight: Iraq’s Unchecked Government, relates how the Electricity Minister was forced to resign “accused of having signed multibillion-dollar contracts with a Canadian shell company [one with a physical address but no assets or operations] and a German company that had declared bankruptcy.”

Earlier this year,  Saadi embarrassed the government by revealing that the general in charge of its rapid reaction team had been arrested in a sting for accepting a $50,000 bribe.

The ICG report says that Maliki’s government has fought long and hard to prevent official theft being curbed by blocking efforts to strengthen state institutions in charge of investigations and prosecution. An Iraqi inspector general is cited as saying that the anti-corruption framework is “like an aspirin to Iraq’s cancer”.

Judge Rahim al-Ugaili, the head of the Integrity Commission, one of the principal oversight bodies, was forced to resign his post on September 9. He said he had had to give up his job because the government was not supporting his anti-corruption work and was interfering politically in his work.

A senior US embassy official testified before Congress that the Prime Minister’s office had issued “secret orders” to the Integrity Commission, prohibiting it from referring cases to the courts involving “former or current high-ranking Iraqi government officials, including the Prime Minister… The secret order is, literally, a licence to steal.”

Critics of the government say they have all been threatened with violence. On the day  Ugaili was forced out of his job, a popular radio journalist, Hadi al-Mahdi, was shot twice in the head in his flat in the normally safe Karrada district of Baghdad. His killing happened just before he was due to lead a pro-democracy demonstration against corruption and authoritarianism.

Mahdi had run an outspoken radio show called To Whoever Listens, which was highly critical of the government. Two months ago, he was forced to take it off the air because of fears for his safety. He had told Amnesty International this year that he and three other journalists had been arrested at a protest rally and taken to a military headquarters, where they were beaten, given electric shocks and threatened with rape. Several hours before he was shot  Mahdi posted a note on Facebook saying he felt he was in danger. “I have lived the last two days in a state of terror,” he wrote.

The reason for Ugaili’s resignation shows that corruption in Iraq has reached saturation level. The ICG report, citing government sources, says that in 2011 the Integrity Commission and the Board of Supreme Audit had identified hundreds of shell companies abroad linked to senior government officials in the Defense Ministry and Prime Minister’s office. These were winning contracts in Iraq, many of which were never implemented despite being paid for. When  Ugaili sought to get the courts to prosecute, the government blocked him and he resigned.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2011/09/29/the-latest-crackdown-in-iraq/
https://www.counterpunch.org/2011/09/29/the-latest-crackdown-in-iraq/#gsc.tab=0

• Thanks 1

Kurdish politician: The Kurdistan region is waiting for a position from Baghdad to forget about secession and independence

Policy 08/22/2020 20:48 3,378 Editor: amm

Baghdad today - Baghdad , Kurdish politician Mahmoud Othman, today, Saturday, August 22, 2020, said that the recent agreement between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government is a `` promising and important '' step towards strengthening relations between the two sides. Othman said in an interview with (Baghdad Today), "The Kurdistan region must feel that Baghdad is its (strategic depth), and it must also adhere to establishing the best relations with it, and the federal government with the region must be in accordance with partnership and the constitution, not on the basis of bullying." He added, "Whenever the Kurds feel that their rights are preserved and that Baghdad seeks to resolve disputes with them and deals with them with respect, they will certainly not resort to or consider options for referendum and secession again." And that "the agreement must be comprehensive and permanent, because it is possible that another government than the Al-Kazimi government will come and cancel it, as happened after the resignation of former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi." In recent hours, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi held a meeting with the Kurdish delegation accompanying him during his visit to Washington. The head of the Kurdistan region’s delegation to the United States, Fawzi al-Hariri, said today, Saturday (8/22/2020), that the region’s delegation met with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kazimi. Hariri added in a press statement, "The Kurdistan Region delegation was called to resume dialogue with Baghdad to solve the outstanding problems between the two parties." Hariri, who is the head of the Kurdistan Region Presidency Office, referred to the details of the meeting that the Kurdish delegation held with Al-Kazemi in Washington. He said, "Al-Kazemi thanked the delegation of the region for its participation and support for talks with the US State Department on various topics, and pointed out that the Iraqi prime minister confirmed the existence of many economic problems in Iraq." And the Minister of the Kurdistan Region for Negotiation Affairs with Baghdad, Khaled Shawani, announced on Sunday (August 16, 2020), that an agreement between Baghdad and Erbil will be reached until the 2021 budget is approved, and includes financial dues, outlets and a set of pending files. Shwani said in a statement, that after a series of visits by the delegation of the Kurdistan region, headed by Qubad Talabani, with the aim of obtaining financial dues for the Kurdistan region and the salaries of employees, and after a number of meetings, and changing the proposals and notes for 12 times, the agreement was announced between the two parties. He added, "The negotiations witnessed a lot of ebb and flow, and the process was difficult and complicated, and our efforts were seeking to secure the financial rights of the region’s employees and protect the constitutional rights of the Kurdistan region. The agreement will be in effect until the 2021 budget law is approved, starting a new phase of negotiations on the 2021 budget." He explained that the agreement includes sending 320 billion dinars per month to the Kurdistan region, and it deals with a set of other files such as monitoring, auditing, a mechanism for handling many financial and economic files, and a mechanism for dealing with the revenues of border crossings under the Federal Financial Management Law No. 6 of 2019.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 8/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, keylime said:

Amen and Amen. 

I stand in agreement with you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6