Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mnuchin: Democrats are holding up benefits to hardworking Americans

That’s because the Democrats are trying to get the Hard Working Americans an Extra $600 in their checks where the Republicans only want to give $200 extra! So who is really on the side of Hard Working American people. Your damn right they are holding it up. Don’t give in to the Propaganda of the lying  White House lackey!

This Is What's Holding Up Your Second Stimulus Check

Democrats want to extend the extra $600 per week unemployment benefit. In fact, the HEROES Act would've made the additional money available until Jan. 31, 2021. However, many Republicans have expressed serious reservations extending the added benefit that long, noting that with many workers making more on unemployment than they did at their jobs, such a large bonus could deter people from going back to work.

As introduced, the HEALS Act would authorize an extra $200 per week in unemployment benefits. Reports indicate the GOP is now on board with providing as much as $400 in extra weekly benefits through Dec. 15. However, Democratic leadership is holding firm on the $600 rate. 
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/07/this-is-what-holding-up-your-second-stimulus-check.aspx

Edited by caddieman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, caddieman said:

noting that with many workers making more on unemployment than they did at their jobs, such a large bonus could deter people from going back to work

This is typical demonrat thinking. This is what they want, to stagnate the growth of our economy.

21 minutes ago, caddieman said:

So who is really on the side of Hard Working American people. 

President Trump and the Republican Party. I agree with them. When the government is paying more in unemployment benefits than what they were making to begin with, then I have a problem with that and you should too as a tax payer. Cut the money and force their lazy a$$es back to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, caddieman said:

That’s because the Democrats are trying to get the Hard Working Americans an Extra $600

Democrats are all about Free Free Free Free. Obama unemployment rate proved that, more folks on Food Stamps ever during Obama then any other administration in the history of the USA. Heck Obama bailout his buddies for silence for 8 years for the Messiah...How quick you forget, Obama just prop up the US with 11 Trillion dollar spending spree. Not one dime went to the Hard Working Taxpayer, we the people paid for it. But Obama did get Healthcare for all, that you get fined over if you didn't enroll.. 

33 minutes ago, caddieman said:

an Extra $600 in their checks where the Republicans only want to give $200 extra!

$600 bucks a week + an unemployment check, who would want to go back to physical work and take a pay cut...

36 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Don’t give in to the Propaganda of the lying

You still don't realize your being played.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Taxpayer, we the people paid for it. But Obama did get Healthcare for all, that you get fined over if you didn't enroll.. 

And Trump is trying to take away Health Care from millions in the middle of a health pandemic.

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

You still don't realize your being played.

Trump has been playing the Republicans for almost 4 years now! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

If it was me, I would give a 5 week notice. The extra stops then. There are businesses here that have "for hire" in the windows. 

I asked if that was for new or to replace. They said it was to replace workers who don't want to come back to work. 

I would tell the slackers come back or get replaced for job abandonment. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

If it was me, I would give a 5 week notice. The extra stops then. There are businesses here that have "for hire" in the windows. 

I asked if that was for new or to replace. They said it was to replace workers who don't want to come back to work. 

I would tell the slackers come back or get replaced for job abandonment. 

My wife runs a restaurant for a major casual dining chain. Every one came back she had to lay off in the beginning. She turns down people every day that are looking for a job. Not all people on unemployment are worthless. Just sayen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump approves $ 400 in unemployment benefits every week

Trump approves $ 400 in unemployment benefits every week

10 August 2020 10:58 AM
Mubasher: US President Donald Trump signed a set of executive orders last weekend, on top of which is the additional weekly unemployment benefit.

Trump decided that the unemployed and those applying for the weekly unemployment benefit will receive an additional $ 400, which is less than the previous $ 600 amount.

This amount is added to the original unemployment benefit, which exceeds $ 300 per week.

The US President’s announcement came as a result of the protracted negotiations between the White House and Democrats in Congress did not succeed in increasing the original benefits in the Coronavirus Relief Act.

Trump said, "We want to take care of the people ... again, it wasn't their fault, it was China’s fault."

And the economic closures in the United States aimed at containing the virus led to the layoffs of about 20 million American workers, before half of these jobs were restored since then, according to the monthly jobs report issued last Friday.

In addition to running unemployment insurance, Trump has also signed measures aimed at halting evictions, providing a tax credit, and delaying student loan payments .

The US President added: "Through these four measures, the American administration will provide immediate relief to the Americans who are struggling at this difficult time."

He continued, "The beautiful thing in this difficult time is that we are coming back and achieving records."

Trump indicated that he is also considering other measures, including an income tax relief and a lowering of the capital gains tax rate.

• Haha 1