Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Crypto Currencies Start Learning

Pitcher

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t posted much on this thread for awhile but that doesn’t mean I’ve lost interest in what is going to happen with the Digital Currencies.  If anything I am more convinced than ever the investments I’ve made will one day pay out fabulously.  I’ve already done well in ETH and Link.  My XRP is on hold until they get they regulations and clarity solved and I’m not in the least worried about it.  

Everyone needs to figure out their own risk /reward and tolerance for a possible loss.  The key to investing to me is to try NOT to get rich on one big play.  I’ve always believed in doing my homework and being diversified.  When I invest it is almost always on a 3-5-10 year time frame.  That’s how I am viewing the 6 Cryptos I am currently in.  I haven’t gone crazy in the amounts I have bought.  I filter into my positions and dollar cost average.  

I have a friend who is losing sleep because he went all in on XRP and now it is stagnant.  Last night he called me whining about XRP going down.  I said geez George, it’s only down a penny, RELAX!!!  It’s really dumb to fret over your investments.  When you go in have a plan and know the risks involved.  We have an incredible opportunity to do extremely well in this Crypto Market.  You must understand we are in the 1st inning of the adaptation and acceptance. The rules and clarity have not even been established yet.  Invest some time and study and prepare now while the Crypto Markets are getting ready to unleash 35 plus Trillion of wealth.   

Select Altcoins Could Rise 100-1000x in Renewed Bitcoin Bull Cycle, Says Crypto Trader Lark Davis – Here Are Some of His Top Picks

Q0

Popular cryptocurrency analyst Lark Davis says altcoins will prove to be the best investments of 2021.

In a new video, Davis discusses which altcoin sectors he’s bullish and bearish on going into the next year. He says Bitcoin will do well, but suggests avoiding payment coins and Bitcoin forks like Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Satoshi Vision (BSV), Litecoin, Dash (DASH) and others. He believes that stablecoins “have won the day” in that sector.

Davis also suggests avoiding new stablecoin projects and low-liquidity variants to the main players like Tether (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC).

Additionally, the analyst is bearish on Ethereum Classic, which he refers to as a “zombie chain.” He also warns against investing in “cheap copy-and-paste DeFi,” given that there is a flood of clones still entering the market.

By contrast, Davis is bullish on “strong DeFi players” like Aave (LEND), Synthetix (SNX) and Ren (REN). He also says traders with enough capital should try farming Compound (COMP) and Uniswap (UNI).

Davis says he’s especially interested in the rise of DeFi on strong smart-contract platforms not named Ethereum. That includes Cardano (ADA), Polkastarter (POLS) and Acala (ACA) on Polkadot (DOT), as well as Kava (KAVA), BAND Protocol (BAND) and the upcoming Persistence on Cosmos (ATOM).

That said, the analyst says Ethereum remains a top holding in his portfolio.

Davis says he’s also bullish on certain nonfungible tokens (NFTs), including Enjin (ENJ) and Rarible (RARI).

Additionally, Davis says select niche assets have room to grow. He says there are only around a half-dozen energy-focused cryptocurrencies, and only two serious contenders: Energy Web Token (EWT) and Power ledger (POWR). He’s also still bullish on Chainlink (LINK), and even more so on other oracle competitors like BAND Protocol and Dia (DIA).

All in all, Davis says the list of top 50 crypto assets could look very different within the next year, with some altcoins having the potential to jump up 100-1000x in value, along with many others that will crash and burn.

“Altcoins are going to be the best investment of 2021. Quite simply, if you want to get rich investing in cryptocurrency then you should absolutely be paying attention to altcoins. That is where the money is going to be made this cycle. Yes, Bitcoin will do just fine, but a lot of profits are going to be banked from altcoins into Bitcoin because that is where the money is going to be made. 

Altcoins offer you the potential to take an investment of a few thousand dollars and turn that into life-changing money – if, of course, you play your cards right. You see, not all altcoins are created equally. Some are going to crash and burn hard. Some just aren’t really going to do that well. Others are going to make insane returns. Investing in a lot of these cryptos – it’s kind of something similar to investing in other early-stage start-up areas. There’s an incredible risk-to-reward ratio. You can make 100x or even 1000x on your investment. It absolutely happens in crypto. Or it can go to zero.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

PayPal launches new cryptocurrency service that will allow customers to easily buy and sell bitcoin

• PayPal on Wednesday launched bitcoin capabilities in it digital wallets
  • Users will be able to buy, sell and hold bitcoin and other virtual coins
  • Starting next year, customers will also be able to spend bitcoin at merchants 
  • Company hopes to increase understanding and adoption of cryptocurrency
  • PayPal, based in San Jose, California, has 346 million active accounts globally
  •  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8863497/PayPal-allow-cryptocurrency-buying-selling-shopping-network.html

By REUTERS and KEITH GRIFFITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 07:34 EDT, 21 October 2020 | UPDATED: 14:06 EDT, 21 October 2020 

PayPal joined the cryptocurrency market on Wednesday, allowing customers to buy, sell and hold bitcoin and other virtual coins using the U.S. digital payments company's online wallets.

PayPal customers will also be able to use cryptocurrencies to shop at the 26 million merchants on its network starting in early 2021, the company said in a statement.

PayPal hopes the service will encourage global use of virtual coins and prepare its network for new digital currencies that may be developed by central banks and corporations, President and Chief Executive Dan Schulman said in an interview.

'We are working with central banks and thinking of all forms of digital currencies and how PayPal can play a role,' he said.
PayPal joined the cryptocurrency market on Wednesday, allowing customers to buy, sell and hold bitcoin and other virtual coins (file photo)

PayPal joined the cryptocurrency market on Wednesday, allowing customers to buy, sell and hold bitcoin and other virtual coins (file photo) was 

American account holders will be able to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies in their PayPal wallets over the coming weeks, the company said. It plans to expand to Venmo and some countries in the first half of 2021.

Other mainstream fintech companies, such as mobile payments provider Square and stock trading app firm Robinhood Markets, allow users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, but PayPal's launch is noteworthy given its vast reach.

The company, based in San Jose, California, has 346 million active accounts around the world and processed $222 billion in payments in the second quarter.

Cryptocurrencies tend to be volatile, making them attractive to speculators, but a lot less appealing to merchants and shoppers. Transactions have been slower and more costly than other mainstream payment systems.

Cryptocurrency payments on PayPal will be settled using fiat currencies, such as the U.S. dollar, meaning merchants will not receive payments in virtual coins, the company said.

Many central banks around the world have expressed their intention to develop digital versions of their currencies in the coming years, while Facebook Inc-led the creation of a cryptocurrency project called Libra in 2019. 

BTCUSD Chart by TradingView
Cryptocurrencies tend to be volatile, making them attractive to speculators, but a lot less appealing to merchants and shoppers (stock illustration)

Cryptocurrencies tend to be volatile, making them attractive to speculators, but a lot less appealing to merchants and shoppers (stock illustration)

PayPal was a founding member of the Libra project but dropped out after a few months.

Before launching its new crypto offering, PayPal was granted a first-of-its-kind conditional Bitlicense by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).

'NYDFS' approval today follows our June 2020 announcement for a new framework for a conditional Bitlicense to encourage, promote, and assist interested institutions to have a well-regulated way to access the New York virtual currency marketplace in a way that is both timely and protective of New York consumers, through partnerships with New York authorized virtual currency firms,' said NYDFS Superintendent Linda A. Lacewell in a statement. 

'NYDFS will continue to encourage and support financial service providers to operate, grow, remain and expand in New York and work with innovators to enable them to germinate and test their ideas, for a dynamic and forward looking financial services sector, especially as we work to build New York back better in the midst of this pandemic.'

PayPal will initially allow purchases of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies called ethereum, bitcoin cash and litecoin, the company said. 

It partners with Paxos Trust Company to offer the service. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The article above is another big news announcement in the adaptation and acceptance of Crypto Currencies.  Folks the Crypto’s are coming out of the Speculation Phase and quickly moving into the Discovery Phase of the Cylcle.  One of the problems investing in Crypto Currency is the fact that it is mosty owned by a handful of early investors and founders.   The Price swings have been tough for many as the Coins have spiked and quickly fallen back down.  Many investors are bag holders, buying at a much higher price than the current prices.  They became victims of the fear of missing out on the run up in 2017, and bought at the peak.  

When the masses and the Investment Institutions Discover the utility and purpose of many of the coins they will pile in.   We are already seeing this with BTC, Bitcoin.  As the other Crypto Currencies are Discovered and we move to a Digital Economy you will see an explosion of adaptation and value.  Early investors should do well.  

The questions you must ask yourself are,

can I hang in there with my investment through the price swings during the speculative discovery phases, and is the Crypto I’m investing in have real utility, (will it be used and accepted to solve a real proble).  

Unfortunately some coins are worthless and are only waiting to disappear much like the Dot Com craze 20 years ago.  Study and learn which ones will make it and try investing if so inclined.  I suggest going with the large cap coins and filter in.  Do not bet the ranch on one coin.  Do your own DD and do what’s in your best interest.  

This PayPal News is big imo.  We are still in the 1st-2nd inning so don’t do anything in haste.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

5 hours ago, Pitcher said:

The article above is another big news announcement in the adaptation and acceptance of Crypto Currencies.  Folks the Crypto’s are coming out of the Speculation Phase and quickly moving into the Discovery Phase of the Cylcle.  One of the problems investing in Crypto Currency is the fact that it is mosty owned by a handful of early investors and founders.   The Price swings have been tough for many as the Coins have spiked and quickly fallen back down.  Many investors are bag holders, buying at a much higher price than the current prices.  They became victims of the fear of missing out on the run up in 2017, and bought at the peak.  

When the masses and the Investment Institutions Discover the utility and purpose of many of the coins they will pile in.   We are already seeing this with BTC, Bitcoin.  As the other Crypto Currencies are Discovered and we move to a Digital Economy you will see an explosion of adaptation and value.  Early investors should do well.  

The questions you must ask yourself are,

can I hang in there with my investment through the price swings during the speculative discovery phases, and is the Crypto I’m investing in have real utility, (will it be used and accepted to solve a real proble).  

Unfortunately some coins are worthless and are only waiting to disappear much like the Dot Com craze 20 years ago.  Study and learn which ones will make it and try investing if so inclined.  I suggest going with the large cap coins and filter in.  Do not bet the ranch on one coin.  Do your own DD and do what’s in your best interest.  

This PayPal News is big imo.  We are still in the 1st-2nd inning so don’t do anything in haste.  

1 hour ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Come on, give me some advice man! I won't hate you I promise, I'll love you, lol

I guess my real question is should I take some out of xrp and put it in Bitcoin?

I’m sorry, I cannot give you advice on what to do on a public forum Gypsy Girl.  Everyone has different goals and financial situations.  I will say this, if you own Link and a lot of XRP you are better off than 99% of all the people in the USA who don’t have a clue.  

Stay with Currencies that have utility and solve problems. Link and XRP both fit the bill.   I also have a bag of XRP and Link and I’m not selling for 3-5 years, unless they moon and meet my goals.  Do a little research on XLM. It might be a Crypto that could fit into your portfolio.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I’m sorry, I cannot give you advice on what to do on a public forum Gypsy Girl.  Everyone has different goals and financial situations.  I will say this, if you own Link and a lot of XRP you are better off than 99% of all the people in the USA who don’t have a clue.  

Stay with Currencies that have utility and solve problems. Link and XRP both fit the bill.   I also have a bag of XRP and Link and I’m not selling for 3-5 years, unless they moon and meet my goals.  Do a little research on XLM. It might be a Crypto that could fit into your portfolio.  

You're no fun! Just kidding, I understand. Really do appreciate all your Insight sweetheart.

8 hours ago, Pitcher said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I know, my wife tells me that all the time.  I have to tell you I’m very fired up about what I’m reading and seeing on you tube when it comes to these Crypto Currencies.  Its a whole new world and it is fascinating. 

I think you're awesome. I did put some down on stellar....its been rising since the 19th and at .08 you can't go wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

I think you're awesome. I did put some down on stellar....its been rising since the 19th and at .08 you can't go wrong. 

Thank you!!  You are the one who is awesome. I always enjoy reading your posts.  Just be aware these Cryptos are still in need of clarity and regulations.  Once those get worked out I believe you will see a rapid adaptation and acceptance.  Patience is required but we are pros at that being in the Dinar investment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Oh I like people that love me! I'm feeling old and desperate so here's my email cahillpta@yahoo.com..... I don't do dating websites so I guess this is the next best thing LOL

As you know, GG...I do appreciate you and our common love for music, dear...

Best

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you!!  You are the one who is awesome. I always enjoy reading your posts.  Just be aware these Cryptos are still in need of clarity and regulations.  Once those get worked out I believe you will see a rapid adaptation and acceptance.  Patience is required but we are pros at that being in the Dinar investment.  

You're doing a fantastic job in informing us about this new important  phenomenon which is cryptocurrencies, Pitcher...BRAVO!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

You are the king of music. I haven't posted in awhile in the music thread, I need to get on it. Hope you're doing well in Italy. Stay safe honey. 💜

You are very kind, GG.....

Thanks so much for your sweet concern...

You stay safe as well...

Sorry...Out of pluses right now....

• Like 1