Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Crypto Currencies Start Learning

Pitcher

4 hours ago, PeaceSign said:

So if you have 100 shares of something it could go to .01 but you still have 100 shares...sooo in that case I'd buy more. Cuz for me I'm a buy and holder. And I wait for the dips or you can dollar cost average. Either way all I see is opportunity. 

Thank you so much!  I have joined a couple of facebook crypto sites to get more understanding of this.  But I cannot find real time charts of xrp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chess said:

As a side note, I bought a little XRP thru my Coinbase platform. They said they were suspending trading of XRP, since they were under investigation(?).

I use two exchanges. Mostly coinbase but you can still purchase xrp on Uphold! Uphold is easy to join just like coinbase. Also I like uphold cuz you can buy ADA. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Thank you so much!  I have joined a couple of facebook crypto sites to get more understanding of this.  But I cannot find real time charts of xrp.

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/XRP/USD:rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B?interval=15m&range=1d&type=line

It might auto default to BTC just type in xrp. Ripple is the name of the company that issued xrp or is tied to xrp. Right now the sec has filed a lawsuit against ripple which is why some exchanges in the US stopped letting you buy. But exchanges outside of the US will let you buy. Uphold is out of england so I'm able to buy xrp on uphold. the lawsuit isn't affecting most people's abilityto get it. Just 5 percent in the US are affected cuz the sec wants xrp to be a security....doesn't matter it's all noise! Buy xrp on uphold. It is easy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are on the fence with cryptocurrencies... When Bitcoin started out, I liked the idea but I was like, "nobody is going to mine bitcoin" but that was in 2013!

The crypto world is diiiiiiiiiverse.

You got to see the new digital space as something that is not going away to appreciate what is going on with crypto. For example, i have one cypto that i have a few shares of and it is called Decentraland (MANA) on coinbase...This crypto is being used in the gaming world. Eventually all the games you play will be connected in such a way that you can walk in between games, so if i have a war thunder account with all my goodies and trophies and equipment acquired in that game i will be able to drive my tank into another world like World of Warcraft! That is absurd and insane but it is coming, people spend real (fiat) money in the gaming world, and you by playing in your game world have actually already made money if  you decide to sell your stuff later in the virtual gaming experience that is upon us...so it is being "tokenized". You Your Self  will eventually be tokenized if you so choose!!!!

Crazy.

Vechain (Vet) is a supply chain crypto.\

XRP is a bridge currency.

XLM is a bridge currency.

Some of these cryptos are linked to smart contracts, invoicing, supply, interbank, intrabank, store of value,

Everything you can think  of that is brick and mortar is being digitized. No more warehouses full of paper copies, it will be saved in blocks that go by different crypto names.

Every freaking thing is going crypto. I tried to fight it too, but the reality is virtual!

A jpeg for $70m: welcome to the strange world of cryptocurrency art

It may seem like a lot for a digital-only artwork. But in some ways, NFTs are a continuation of collecting as usual

Wed 17 Mar 2021 15.05 GMT

Sophie Haigney

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/17/cryptocurrency--at-digital-only-artwork-nfts-collecting

WTF

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd revive this thread....so much happening on the world financial stage...

Blockchain is real... and will usher in financial change for the entire world....

The US is $30 trillion in debt.....with $225+ Trillion in derivatives......the whole world is in the same mess....this is unsustainable.....

Countries are scrabbling looking for that golden bullet that will fix the problem.....some countries are moving faster than others..... the US is still trying to figure out the best method to profit from this change......

The SEC has been trying to find a way to tame or control Ripple/XRP......unlikely at best....

So CL......what are you talking about?

I'm asking you to take a look at changes coming in the near future.....I'd hate to see any of the good people here get left behind.....

Perhaps this video will help you get started on your journey....    CL

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

CL, Thanks for all the info that you bring to us here at DV. And to ALL the other contributors (you & we know who you are) for your contributions as well. This site is INCREDIBLE. Most of us come here for dinar info (which we get tons of) and yet look at all the money that is and will be made with crypto, thanks to people here at DV caring enough about their fellow man to share info like this. Those of you sitting on the sidelines, it is not too late to get involved with cryptos. You can buy an inexpensive coin with great grow potential, or you can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin. Consider investing what you can afford. In the end, you may not become a millionaire, but you will be much better off finacially. Thanks for letting me ramble. Dawg out! :salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Pow! 2

Value of cryptocurrency bitcoin climbs 5% to record high of $63,000

Several digital currencies surge a day before launch of Coinbase trading platform on Wall Street

Tue 13 Apr 2021 16.08 BST

Turkey’s economic turmoil drives Bitcoin frenzy

Investors turn to cryptocurrency after Erdoğan’s sacking of central bank governor caused further fall in lira

Bethan McKernan in Istanbul
Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Musk is right that dirty bitcoins and clean Teslas don’t sit well together

The currency is an environmental abomination and investors should be pleased the founder has said so

Thu 13 May 2021 19.31 BST

Nils Pratley

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2021/may/13/elon-musk-right-dirty-bitcoins-clean-teslas

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

The currency is an environmental abomination and investors should be pleased the founder has said so

Nils Pratley

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2021/may/13/elon-musk-right-dirty-bitcoins-clean-teslas

FWIW in the last 2 month's I've sold 2/3 of my BTC holdings.  Pres Biden has said all policy decisions will be made from the perspective of a) their environmental/green impact and, b) gender ramifications. 

At that point (two months ago) BTC was just beginning to get flak for its energy intensive properties.  Seems media attacks in this regard are picking up steam.

I may eventually regret it but for now at least I'm glad I've dropped most it.  Teeka Tiwari as of a month ago thought it would still climb to $100K or more, so I kept a third of my position just in case.

Whatever, most of my BTTC was bought at $12,000 and $20,000 so I've come out just fine.

Am glad XRP is on the right side of the energy line.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/14/2021 at 10:15 AM, umbertino said:

Nils Pratley

What I find puzzling is that he announced on March 24th of this year that people could buy Teslas using Bitcoin. Then he abruptly changed his mind and said Bitcoin would not be accepted due to the vast amount of energy it uses to mine. I’m sure he must have known that back in March when he first announced it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any opinions on the polygon matic crypto........

It has gone up tremendously..... little research I can find, it seems to have tremendous use..

Have noticed Mark Cuban has invested in it... I think it's a useful tool for him and lazy.com and viewing of nft's..

Google also has stepped in too..

Thanks in advance or any opinion or expertise on subject..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

‘I put my life savings in crypto’: how a generation of amateurs got hooked on high-risk trading

Online trading apps are drawing in novice investors willing to risk everything on volatile stocks. Do they really know what they’re doing?

Sat 19 Jun 2021 07.00 BST

by Sirin Kale

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/19/life-savings-in-crypto-generation-of-amateurs-hooked-on-high-risk-trading

On 6/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, sandsoftime said:

Good Point there...   I do know that any news I receive on internet about crypto whether good or bad news  has already been read and acted on by parties involved hours or days before... They have already taken the money and ran.. 

Its gambling for the lay person in my opinion..

Just like the stock market.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can our crypto experts answer a question for me, please?

If I use a VPN, would that allow me to buy a crypto that is not available to US citizens?

Is this how people are able to buy what they want without without being told they can't buy it?  

Trying to figure a way to do this.  I'd like to know the answer before I spend the money on a VPN.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Floridian, I have not bought any crypto on Binance for quite awhile, but when I tried to log onto the site without using my VPN, the site knew I was from the USA and a message popped up stating so. It will let me on the site but not purchase any cryptos. Have not tried purchasing going thtough my VPN. Perhaps some members here have had success.

• Thanks 2