Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Crypto Currencies Start Learning

Pitcher

Ripple Executive Says Proposed XRP Upgrade Will Be Game Changer

xp621609e.jpg?resize=750%2C440&ssl=1

Ripple chief technology officer David Schwartz says a new XRP ledger (XRPL) upgrade will be a game changer.

Each server in the XRPL has a “unique node list” (UNL) containing its list of validators.

The new upgrade will account for validators that may be offline or malfunctioning due to hardware maintenance, internet issues, attacks, and/or external circumstances like natural disasters.

According to the XRPL website,

“The ‘Negative UNL’ is a list of trusted validators which are believed to be offline or malfunctioning, as declared by a consensus of the remaining validators. Validators in the Negative UNL are ignored for determining if a new ledger version has attained a consensus.”

Schwartz says the upgrade, which can currently be used in test networks but is not yet available as an amendment to the XRP ledger protocol, will make it easier to enable more diverse validators.

“When choosing a validator, performance is not the only criterion. Jurisdiction, institutional commitment, network redundancy, commitment to the network, and many other factors have to go into that.

The biggest advantage of the negative UNL proposal is that it will make it much easier to say ‘yes’ to more diverse validators, even if they are running on a single residential connection with a tiny machine in someone’s living room.”

The Ripple CTO highlights that the negative UNL can also enhance XRPL’s decentralization.

“It significantly reduces the risks associated with adding more validators, allowing us to improve decentralization without risking liveness.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have had over 15 txts, emails, and phone calls today from some of my good friends who know I am plugged into the Stock Market and now Crypto’s.  They want to know what a Joe Biden Election Win will mean to their investments, blah, blah, blah.  I am not a Financial Guru and have never claimed to be.  All I have is about 21 years of trading experience in the Stock Market and 3 years of owning A handful of BTC until early May of this year when I went in full bore.  

I won’t talk about the Stock Market because I did that on Adam’s thread on Wednesday.  I think if Biden does win and the Reps hold the Senate the Market could do well after a little correction period.  Expect volatility and try not to panic from all the noise about the Election.  

Now on Crypto’s I truly do not know what to expect.  It is a new Asset Class and it doesn’t even have the Regulations, Adoption, Acceptance, or the Clarity for the masses.  I believe it’s coming and I believe it’s coming sooner than most think but what do I know.  I own a hedging position in a number of Crypto Currencies and I have done fairly decent in my picks.  One of the things I try to do is follow the big money, the Big Institutions, the top Fund Managers, and the Whales.  Those guys are rarely wrong.  A few months ago I noticed they were buying Bitcoin, BTC.  I bought another handful to go with my other handful around 9400.  Keep your eyes and ears open and to see what those guys are buying.  

Below is one Crypto that has been on my radar for 4 months.  I almost always track a Stock or in this case a Crypto for months before I buy in.  I almost always buy after a pull back in the price.  If Biden is President this project will continue to attract investors and I really don’t see that changing if Trump wins.  Do your own DD and never trust anyone with your money until you do that research.  Especially from a guy named Chico or a guy from a Dinar site called Pitcher,  Enjoy the vid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey @Pitcher...I am just starting to research and get into crypto a little. This whole thread is awesome! Thank you so much for putting it out there. I have been reading it for days and learning so much. I ordered the ledger nano pack today. I use Coinbase to trade but will start doing some with Kraken maybe since Coinbase doesn’t trade a few that I’m interested it. 

My question is how do you transfer your coins to the nano? ...and are you able to still sell them if they are moved from Coinbase to the nano or do they actually move or how does all that work?? 

• Like 1

The best advice I can give you is go to YouTube to watch videos on how to get your Coins on The Nano.  I did that 6 months ago and my memory is a Little fuzzy because I got them on there and forgot about them.  I also own an Ellipal that I like a lot.   

I’m glad you are enjoying the Thread.  Now is the time to be learning and buying Crypto.  Look at what BTC has done the last few weeks.  I suspect the Altcoins will be going off soon.  We haven’t even hit the Discovery Stage in this investment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

The best advice I can give you is go to YouTube to watch videos on how to get your Coins on The Nano.  I did that 6 months ago and my memory is a Little fuzzy because I got them on there and forgot about them.  I also own an Ellipal that I like a lot.   

I’m glad you are enjoying the Thread.  Now is the time to be learning and buying Crypto.  Look at what BTC has done the last few weeks.  I suspect the Altcoins will be going off soon.  We haven’t even hit the Discovery Stage in this investment. 

Will do on the vids...

Once you move them can you still trade them on Coinbase or do you have to move them back to trade them? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Catluver67 said:

I started setting up Kraken, but it’s weird to get money into it to make a purchase. Do you have any tips or advise for the simplest method to use it? I have Coinbase for most things but they don’t trade AD

I had trouble funding my Kraken account as well.  Once I wired the money from my bank to my Kraken account I have had zero problems.  I use Coinbase, Kraken, Gemini, and eToro.  I like Kraken the best mostly because the fees are the best.  Gemini is a crook, and eToro has good customer service but just don’t have enough coins.  I have a good part of my XRP on that exchange because of the Spark Token airdrop in Dec.  I hope this helps.  Make sure you get the correct address and just wire the funds. It will cost you 25 bucks but you’ll get funded.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Bitcoin is currently @ $17,500......

12 month low....around $4000

It has a pretty definable cycle if you follow it....

What a day in Crypto Currencies CL.  BTC is on a mission.  The big boys don’t know a lot about Bitcoin but it’s the leader in market cap and they are piling in.  I think most of them are traders.  Let’s see what happens when it gets to 20-22k.  I suspect a 30% retrace will be in order.  That will be the time to buy if you believe in it.  I own a handful and have decided to hold.  

I’m trading up and down in ETH.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I owe a lot of gratitude to CL, NEPats, Chuck and 6ly.  They were posting a lot about Crypto Currencies and I finally took the plunge in April of this year.  I bought a handful of BTC in 2017 but basically forgot about them.  I didn’t understand what it was and I still don’t ( store of value or just another tulips craze, time will tell).  When I started reading about XRP, Link, ETH, Dot, Ada, XLM, EWT, Defi coins like Compound, Aave, CRV, Atom, and Uni.  it’s hard not to become fascinated by the utility and future in Cryptos.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3