Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So why are the ones that don´t believe on this site?

BANE

Why is RHNDA here? Everything this person posts is negative about the Dinar. It is pretty much always bashing the investment always slyly saying that the money we invested is thrown away...

That´s what I don´t get. If this person feels this way GO about your business. Don´t you have other better things to do? Like my earlier post I wouldn´t go into a catholic church and always question it. I would believe it and stay and be positive, or NOT believe it and never step foot in the church again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why is RHNDA here? Everything this person posts is negative about the Dinar. It is pretty much always bashing the investment always slyly saying that the money we invested is thrown away...

That´s what I don´t get. If this person feels this way GO about your business. Don´t you have other better things to do? Like my earlier post I wouldn´t go into a catholic church and always question it. I would believe it and stay and be positive, or NOT believe it and never step foot in the church again.

Bane, I am really easy to sway. Could you put down your "Go RV" pom poms and help me understand the economic drivers that will influence appreciation in the Dinar.

I am not really negative on the Dinar, though if there was any place on the planet that traded Dinar, I would probably short the currency options, or at least play a spread weighted more to the put than the call. Understand?

When I post an opinion, because it doesn't jive with the majority, or more specifically your opinion, it is automatically viewed as negative. Keep in mind also that in the investment world, the money flow is based on both positive and negative positions, and just a point of humor, you can make a butt load of cash on the right negative position which is indeed positive. Make sense?

Over a trillion dollars a day are traded in foreign currency investments....Every position or contract traded involves two sides...I love the US dollar, but I would probably short it against the euro.... The position is negative, but the potential financial outcome is positive....

If you can help me understand without the religious analogies I would be most appreciative. My IQ is in tact, I understand the economics and I don't invest on emotions...so please help!!!

Lastly - there is a wonderful opportunity here to discuss and learn how to make money in currency trading. Perhaps less hype and more substance would be a benefit to all....Though it is not my forum, I think the suggestion is a positive one.

There are some really intelligent folks on this forum and I am continually interested in their opinions when based on economic substance....if you can help me....please do....Many thanks.

• Upvote 2

You want to discuss currency trading? I do believe there is a forum here for that. Shorting the dollar say wouldn´t belong in the Dinar rumor forum. If you think this Dinar thing is a scam....Why aren´t you selling them?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You want to discuss currency trading? I do believe there is a forum here for that. Shorting the dollar say wouldn´t belong in the Dinar rumor forum. If you think this Dinar thing is a scam....Why aren´t you selling them?

I was really hoping you might shed some positive light on my slightly jaded opinion.

I am still open minded enough to consider opinions and views contrary to mine....

Could you perhaps clarify "dinar thing?"

Is English your native tongue?

On what basis would you claim to know what I am doing with my Dinar?

I really do want to hear your position and valuable input concerning just a few of the key economic factors contributing to the rise in value of the dinar.

Please help....share a little bit of what you know.

• Upvote 1

Bane, I am really easy to sway. Could you put down your "Go RV" pom poms and help me understand the economic drivers that will influence appreciation in the Dinar.

I am not really negative on the Dinar, though if there was any place on the planet that traded Dinar, I would probably short the currency options, or at least play a spread weighted more to the put than the call. Understand?

When I post an opinion, because it doesn't jive with the majority, or more specifically your opinion, it is automatically viewed as negative. Keep in mind also that in the investment world, the money flow is based on both positive and negative positions, and just a point of humor, you can make a butt load of cash on the right negative position which is indeed positive. Make sense?

Over a trillion dollars a day are traded in foreign currency investments....Every position or contract traded involves two sides...I love the US dollar, but I would probably short it against the euro.... The position is negative, but the potential financial outcome is positive....

If you can help me understand without the religious analogies I would be most appreciative. My IQ is in tact, I understand the economics and I don't invest on emotions...so please help!!!

Lastly - there is a wonderful opportunity here to discuss and learn how to make money in currency trading. Perhaps less hype and more substance would be a benefit to all....Though it is not my forum, I think the suggestion is a positive one.

There are some really intelligent folks on this forum and I am continually interested in their opinions when based on economic substance....if you can help me....please do....Many thanks.

Rhnda,

Let me see if I can help. You say that you are easy to sway. You say that you invest from the negative position. By betting against the dollar. That is all fine with me. You say that if there was any place on the planet that traded dinar, that you would short the currency options. That is fine also. You may be a genius. But for the most part, you are least disingenuous. Perhaps you can help us all understand that which we are missing. The Iraqi dinar was at some previously high numbers. Lets not debate whether or not it was 3.22 or 2.65 or 2.80. This does not matter. This was accomplished with similar oil export numbers to where they are now. Iraq is about to become one of the largest export providers of natural gas. If you have not read here or on other places, but Iraq arguably has the second or third largest PROVEN oil and natural gas reserves in the world. But, maybe these facts don't interest a smart investor like yourself. Are you aware that Iraq's contracts for reconstruction exceed 500 billion dollars over the next 5 years. This is more than the current GDP of the country. Does this matter at all? From your expert opinion, will Iraq invest in this reconstruction with a currency`worth less than 1/10 of a penny. Which currencies have been valued so low that you have shorted and been successful with? Do the official statements from the governor of the CBI, Mr Shabibi regarding his plans to introduce the Iraq dinar to the futures market convince you that the value is going down? Does the official announcement that the Central bank has removed 70% of the liquidity from circulation provide you the clues that the dinar's value is headed south? If so, where has this happened before? When was the last time you bet against a currency that was not internationally recognized? Which one was it? How did you do? Please stop with the rhetorical comments regarding a trillion dollars being played on the currency market. Yes, that is true. But because the Dinar must be purchased C.O.D from a dealer, The big boys cannot leverage the dinar either pro or con. This is why this is speculation. The only ones involved are the people that put up their own cash for the opportunity to benefit should a re-value occur. I guess we are betting on the positive. So what if we are wrong. Do you go about your normal day of currency trading or whatever you do for a living trying to prove to all your friends and people at the office that you are right and they are wrong? I bet you have a heck of a party at your house with all the negative bets you place. You know what, maybe you will be right. But please explain the evidence that this cannot work in order to make your point. Don't just come in here and say things like it has never happened. Or, that we are foolish if we think that anyone can make a 1000% return on the risk. Please give some information as to why it cannot happen instead of throwiing insults at everyone that thinks different than you. Afterall, it is hard to be as depressing as you have been on this board.

Regards,

Lgraham

• Upvote 2

Rhnda,

Let me see if I can help. You say that you are easy to sway. You say that you invest from the negative position. By betting against the dollar. That is all fine with me. You say that if there was any place on the planet that traded dinar, that you would short the currency options. That is fine also. You may be a genius. But for the most part, you are least disingenuous. Perhaps you can help us all understand that which we are missing. The Iraqi dinar was at some previously high numbers. Lets not debate whether or not it was 3.22 or 2.65 or 2.80. This does not matter. This was accomplished with similar oil export numbers to where they are now. Iraq is about to become one of the largest export providers of natural gas. If you have not read here or on other places, but Iraq arguably has the second or third largest PROVEN oil and natural gas reserves in the world. But, maybe these facts don't interest a smart investor like yourself. Are you aware that Iraq's contracts for reconstruction exceed 500 billion dollars over the next 5 years. This is more than the current GDP of the country. Does this matter at all? From your expert opinion, will Iraq invest in this reconstruction with a currency`worth less than 1/10 of a penny. Which currencies have been valued so low that you have shorted and been successful with? Do the official statements from the governor of the CBI, Mr Shabibi regarding his plans to introduce the Iraq dinar to the futures market convince you that the value is going down? Does the official announcement that the Central bank has removed 70% of the liquidity from circulation provide you the clues that the dinar's value is headed south? If so, where has this happened before? When was the last time you bet against a currency that was not internationally recognized? Which one was it? How did you do? Please stop with the rhetorical comments regarding a trillion dollars being played on the currency market. Yes, that is true. But because the Dinar must be purchased C.O.D from a dealer, The big boys cannot leverage the dinar either pro or con. This is why this is speculation. The only ones involved are the people that put up their own cash for the opportunity to benefit should a re-value occur. I guess we are betting on the positive. So what if we are wrong. Do you go about your normal day of currency trading or whatever you do for a living trying to prove to all your friends and people at the office that you are right and they are wrong? I bet you have a heck of a party at your house with all the negative bets you place. You know what, maybe you will be right. But please explain the evidence that this cannot work in order to make your point. Don't just come in here and say things like it has never happened. Or, that we are foolish if we think that anyone can make a 1000% return on the risk. Please give some information as to why it cannot happen instead of throwiing insults at everyone that thinks different than you. Afterall, it is hard to be as depressing as you have been on this board.

Regards,

Lgraham

Your thoughtful and intelligent reply is most appreciated. Genuinely so...

I don't usually invest from a negative position, typically a spread to either side works as a safe bet, depending on what conditions are CURRENTLY causing a rise or fall in a given investment. I can be a bit of a coward when tossing my cash into a futures investment where the conditions are highly speculative and I may lose a big chunk or all of my money...I hedge when I can... I assure you - I am no genius. Disingenuous, perhaps...that is a fair statement.

Actually, I am more geared for stock options than currency options, as the risk is easier for me to calculate....

I am aware of past performance though not really a barometer for current or future perfomance, and I am aware of the 500 billion projection...I am also aware that the Iraqis hope to see 1.76 trillion in profit over the next 20 years from oil....ALL GOOD!!! Some of the natural gas contracts are being negotiated with Iran...than makes me a bit nervous.

I have never traded in an unrecognized currency...I do think reduction of 70% liquidity is awesome, though that still leaves (i'm estimating, perhaps inaccurately) 10 trillion in circulation, which I believe is WAY too high even if GDP shoots up to 500 billion or even 1trillion. Inflation seems to be under control and I am uncertain about actual debt conditions....

The COD thing I will leave alone as I am certain my opinion will be regarded as inflammatory....but HELLO!!!

I am not certain enough about introducing Dinar to the futures market so I am unable to make an intelligent comment....Liquidity will still have to come down significantly for prices to fluctuate....right now, supply is still off the charts, so no amount of demand will move the price....

To be honest, I am not concerned with whether you or I am right or wrong...My investment in Dinar is minimal so if I am wrong I make money, if I am right, I lose a grand.

On one note I am fairly certain....if 1000% was even remotely possible, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I can concede that you may be smarter than I, but there is no way that I am smarter than the currency brokerages and the IMF...and their financial expertise suggests that this speculative investment is very sketchy at best.

Markets are driven by interest and a willingness to speculate...No institutional investors are SEC registered market makers seem to give a hoot about Dinar.

So who knows? Maybe I am missing something....

Lastly - I don't know why my negative opinion would be depressing...you seem confident and willing to state your case...I am willing to listen to it though I disagree, and I do not think you are foolish. I am probably just a big bag of hot air expressing a different opinion.

I will say though that the rah rah go rv types make me a bit ill...but that's just me....don't take it personally.

Thanks again and best wishes in all your financial endeavors.

• Upvote 1

I don't usually invest from a negative position, typically a spread to either side works as a safe bet, depending on what conditions are CURRENTLY causing a rise or fall in a given investment. I can be a bit of a coward when tossing my cash into a futures investment where the conditions are highly speculative and I may lose a big chunk or all of my money...I hedge when I can... I assure you - I am no genius. Disingenuous, perhaps...that is a fair statement.

Actually, I am more geared for stock options than currency options, as the risk is easier for me to calculate....

I am aware of past performance though not really a barometer for current or future perfomance, and I am aware of the 500 billion projection...I am also aware that the Iraqis hope to see 1.76 trillion in profit over the next 20 years from oil....ALL GOOD!!! Some of the natural gas contracts are being negotiated with Iran...than makes me a bit nervous.

I have never traded in an unrecognized currency...I do think reduction of 70% liquidity is awesome, though that still leaves (i'm estimating, perhaps inaccurately) 10 trillion in circulation, which I believe is WAY too high even if GDP shoots up to 500 billion or even 1trillion. Inflation seems to be under control and I am uncertain about actual debt conditions....

The COD thing I will leave alone as I am certain my opinion will be regarded as inflammatory....but HELLO!!!

I am not certain enough about introducing Dinar to the futures market so I am unable to make an intelligent comment....Liquidity will still have to come down significantly for prices to fluctuate....right now, supply is still off the charts, so no amount of demand will move the price....

To be honest, I am not concerned with whether you or I am right or wrong...My investment in Dinar is minimal so if I am wrong I make money, if I am right, I lose a grand.

On one note I am fairly certain....if 1000% was even remotely possible, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I can concede that you may be smarter than I, but there is no way that I am smarter than the currency brokerages and the IMF...and their financial expertise suggests that this speculative investment is very sketchy at best.

Markets are driven by interest and a willingness to speculate...No institutional investors are SEC registered market makers seem to give a hoot about Dinar.

Lastly - I don't know why my negative opinion would be depressing...you seem confident and willing to state your case...I am willing to listen to it though I disagree, and I do not think you are foolish. I am probably just a big bag of hot air expressing a different opinion.

I will say though that the rah rah go rv types make me a bit ill...but that's just me....don't take it personally.

Rhnda,

Are you gathering info for your latest thesis?

Never did get a copy of the last one you said you were writing.

You are obviously of above average intelligence, but still working with some painfully obvious social issues.

You claimed yourself that "Rhnda" was a made up alter ego of a well respected member of DinarVets.

Why are you playing with people?

If you were half the human you perceive yourself to be you would not indulge in such behavior.

I just don't get it.

If you were the mental giant you portray yourself then this unbelievably childish behavior would not continue to surface.

If you do not believe then great.

Why would you feel the need to insult those that do?

And then have the nerve to tell them that you are actually ONE OF THEM and just doing some personal research. Which you did say yourself in previous posts.

It's not only disturbing but sad.

Don't you have anything else to do with your time? Really.......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Are you doing a civic duty in warning others not to invest? If you have lost faith and are coming up with reasons why not to continue, Why aren´t you selling your dinars and moving on with your life? I see Scooby Doo and others on here constantly putting doubts out there is why I ask.

It would be like going on a pro catholic website and bashing the religion.

Isn´t there an Anti Dinar website you could go to to poo poo it?

Just curious...

(bowing down)........I believe.............................I BELIEVEohmy.gif

Rhnda,

Are you gathering info for your latest thesis?

Never did get a copy of the last one you said you were writing.

You are obviously of above average intelligence, but still working with some painfully obvious social issues.

You claimed yourself that "Rhnda" was a made up alter ego of a well respected member of DinarVets.

Why are you playing with people?

If you were half the human you perceive yourself to be you would not indulge in such behavior.

I just don't get it.

If you were the mental giant you portray yourself then this unbelievably childish behavior would not continue to surface.

If you do not believe then great.

Why would you feel the need to insult those that do?

And then have the nerve to tell them that you are actually ONE OF THEM and just doing some personal research. Which you did say yourself in previous posts.

It's not only disturbing but sad.

Don't you have anything else to do with your time? Really.......

You didn't miss much...they gave me an "F"...called me a mental midget...told me I should be locked away and treated for serious & disturbing social issues.

I don't remember if the doctor called me sociopathetic or sociopathic...such big confusing words..In either case, gotta go find my meds. It was glorious chatting with you again. GO RV!!! :unsure:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm giving you a +1 since they don't have gold stars.

Ok thanks,

So how about a copy of your thesis that you wrote using the members here as subjects.

Even though it got an "F" from your learning institution does not mean that the mental midgets here at DV won't appreciate it.

Please enlighten us....

Edited by CDEW
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rhnda,

I really appreciate what appears to be an honest and frank reply.....Thank you. I feel pretty certain that your financial qualifications will outweigh mine. I simply own a small construction company struggling along here in southern Ca. That being said, I may be following the news related to this investment a little closer than you. Don't take that as criticism. Just that I may have a deeper interest, nothing more. Because your investment is smaller, you are probably not as interested in a daily basis. Especially since you are skeptical that anything positive will happen. But, if you are interested in presenting your strongest argument as to why this can't happen. I will give my best argument in favor. If you really are not that interested, well i can accept that as well

Ok thanks,

So how about a copy of your thesis that you wrote using the members here as subjects.

Even though it got an "F" from your learning institution does not mean that the mental midgets here at DV won't appreciate it.

Please enlighten us....

My "F" was for Incomplete...they cited failure to communicate and follow through on simple thought processes.

I never got past Dear Diary - I love CDEW...that was my whole paper dude....and damned if they didn't flunk my

mental midget ass right out of the class. No biggy, it wasn't really a learning institution as much as it was a

special ed situation....I did get to ride at the front of the short bus...it was so kewl....they even gave me a shiny helmet.

The members would most certainly NOT appreciate my masterpiece as it was crafted only for you :)

It was almost a poem - I love you, CDEW....that is as far as I got....should be an "A" huh? Like it? C'mon....Ya know ya do, CDEW...

You can have the last word...I gotta crash. Ciao

Rhnda,

I really appreciate what appears to be an honest and frank reply.....Thank you. I feel pretty certain that your financial qualifications will outweigh mine. I simply own a small construction company struggling along here in southern Ca. That being said, I may be following the news related to this investment a little closer than you. Don't take that as criticism. Just that I may have a deeper interest, nothing more. Because your investment is smaller, you are probably not as interested in a daily basis. Especially since you are skeptical that anything positive will happen. But, if you are interested in presenting your strongest argument as to why this can't happen. I will give my best argument in favor. If you really are not that interested, well i can accept that as well

If you are running a construction company and fighting the daily battle to survive in SOCAL's economy, it is I who bow to you....

Although I am typically being a butt head on this forum, I do respect the presentation of your argument as it does lend hope

to a revived Iraq....and though I am typically a bit disingenuous, I do wish you continued success with your company and your

investment...

Rhnda,

Rhnda, on 06 August 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

I purchased a million for shits and grins to hedge the Infinitesimal possibility that I could be wrong. I do not however discuss this fact with people I know My personal analysis is that the dinar may RV at some point because the Iraqis need to control this currency before it will ever have any chance for significant appreciation. There are currently too many dinar in circulation for an RV at $1US dollar to even be remotely possible. My opinion as to how this RV will happen IS NOT popular on this forum...I believe that if the currency is to RV, much of today's currency will be pulled out of circulation, smaller denominations will be issued, and that the new base value after a LOP will have the currency maintaining it's current purchasing power and value.....there should be no significant gains or losses for either the Iraqis or the investors.....The large denoms that we have purchased will be LOPPED. There will be no net loss nor gain as all the adjustments are made. I do not believe this currency will create any significant wealth for anyone....You really can't have trillions of dinar in circulation and then have an arbitrary RV on par with the dollar or the Euro. If your nation's GDP is 100-200 billion, it really is impossible to have trillions of your currency floating around on the markets....all the other currencies in the world would suddenly have their currencies devalued for the dinar to trade at $1US dollar...It just doesn't work this way - ANYWHERE or ANYTIME....Way down the road, if the geo political situation stabilizes (not likely with IRAN as your neighbor) there may be a gradual upside to the currency. Regretfully though, the common monetary fiction portrayed on this forum, is much more wishful thinking than applied economics.

I noticed in a thread the other day that Adam hinted that the worse case scenario, there will be a LOP and that we will break even. I think on his part that was a very responsible post and probably a good idea to plant a passive seed regarding the more likely outcome of our dinar purchases...I think that as the year progresses and ends, and there is still no RV, this will become increasingly apparent to even the dreamers and the hopeful.

Now you should see a bunch of red show up!!!

Best of luck to you in all your financial endeavors.

RHNDA,

Thanks for the post...

Hopefully it encouraged the members to read all that you have posted here both in this thread and all of your previous threads and make their own conclusions as to your value.

Sleep well knowing that your words, both past and current, are documented here.

• Upvote 1

Are you doing a civic duty in warning others not to invest? If you have lost faith and are coming up with reasons why not to continue, Why aren´t you selling your dinars and moving on with your life? I see Scooby Doo and others on here constantly putting doubts out there is why I ask.

It would be like going on a pro catholic website and bashing the religion.

Isn´t there an Anti Dinar website you could go to to poo poo it?

Just curious...

If you read past posts it's not the investment it is the friend of a friend rumor or some post that people do just to see their posts up. The bad intel and made up stuff

• Upvote 1

If you read past posts it's not the investment it is the friend of a friend rumor or some post that people do just to see their posts up. The bad intel and made up stuff

I do not mind bad intel. I don´t mind crazy rumors. What I do mind is when people saying you are pissing your money away. This thing will happen one day. I don´t mind waiting. What I do not like is people trying to logically put together that it has no chance in hell. Those people need to get outta here.

I do not mind bad intel. I don´t mind crazy rumors. What I do mind is when people saying you are pissing your money away. This thing will happen one day. I don´t mind waiting. What I do not like is people trying to logically put together that it has no chance in hell. Those people need to get outta here.

I read the posts and I don't see people saying that we are pissing our money away. What I do read is people saying not to spend money you don't have, don't spend food and rent money on buying Dinars. That this is an investment and a risk and not and end all to your problems and they are right. There are a lot of people out there buying Dinars with money they don't have. JMO

• Upvote 5