Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani Party Member Accuses Baghdad Of Breaking With Previous Agreements With Erbil: We Need A Comprehensive Agreement !

CNN. Broadcasting From A Swanky Restaurant In Erbil ! Barzani Party - Ur Table For 487 Is Ready ! But Please Return All Of The Silverware That U ‘Borrowed’ The Last Time...

Barzani party member accuses Baghdad of breaking with previous agreements with Erbil: We need a comprehensive agreement

128693.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 07/20/2020 15:47 407     

Baghdad today - Kurdistan

Member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Imad Bajlan, confirmed today, Tuesday, that the lack of implementation of the constitution by the federal government is the basis of the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil.

Baglan told (Baghdad Today), "In every meeting between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the federal government in Baghdad, the region demands the application of the constitution and asylum to the Federal Court in contentious issues, but different governments in Baghdad apply it selectively." 

He added that "any agreement between the two governments will be temporary, because all previous agreements are not implemented and Baghdad will soon be disavowed due to the failure to apply the articles of the constitution." 

And he stated, "We need a comprehensive legal agreement that guarantees the rights of citizens in the region, as well as the rights of Baghdad, and this matter will not be applied through visits or relations between two governments because it will soon end as it happened with the previous agreement in the government of Abdul-Mahdi, for that constitution is Al-Faisal." 

Before that, Baglan confirmed that the Kurdistan region is owed 27 billion dollars because of Baghdad's failure to pay the region's dues. 

Baglan said that "the Kurdistan region was delivering 250 thousand barrels according to the 2019 budget while receiving half of the agreed amount and not more than 450 million," stressing that "the Kurdistan government does not take a share of the petrodollars like the Iraqi provinces." 

He added: "In the days of the war against ISIS, the government borrowed 65 billion dollars and did not give it a dollar to the Kurdistan Region in the face of terrorism and now deducts part of the payment from the region."

He stressed that "the Kurdistan region owes $ 27 billion, which is because Baghdad stopped paying the region's dues at a time when it was fighting terrorism and saving the salaries of its employees forced." 

A delegation from the Kurdistan Regional Government is preparing to visit the capital, Baghdad, as a prelude to completing negotiations on an agreement to deliver oil and revenue from border crossings in exchange for the federal government sending financial dues to the region's employees.

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Al-Kazemi: It is not fair and fair that a two-month-old government pay. The bill of pillaging and pillage committed by previous governments!

Policy  ,   7/27/2020 22:47  

Baghdad - Iraq today:

Today, Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi called on those who have objection to the entirety and the march of government to prepare for the elections, not to disrupt them, stressing that those who want to restore Iraq do not speak slogans while sitting on the hill.

Al-Kazemi said in a televised speech, I feel a great pain and I see my people suffering in the heat due to the devastation in electricity, and I wish that in the hand there was a magic solution, but unfortunately, many years of sabotage, corruption, and mismanagement are not resolved in a day and a night, and not It is fair and fair to ask a government, which has an effective age of two months, to pay the bill for pillaging and pillage committed by previous groups and governments. ”

Al-Kazemi added, “Yesterday’s youth demonstrations are a legitimate right, and the security forces do not have permission to fire even a single bullet towards our protesting brothers. All the circumstances of what happened yesterday in Tahrir Square, and requested that the facts be presented to me within 72 hours.

He continued, "Going back to the electricity crisis, I am with the people's demand to hold accountable those who caused his suffering, and I am awaiting the results of the committee formed by the House of Representatives to investigate all the failures in the electricity file, and I call on the legislature to expedite the submission of its report to be added to our investigations in order to put this file In front of the Iraqi people and the judiciary, ”explaining that“ the government signed a few days ago the electrical connection file in the Gulf, and we are proceeding with this issue seriously. ”

He stressed, "Our decision is to produce gas to operate Iraqi gas stations, and it is not our fault that successive governments imported gas-powered stations, and did not work on Iraqi gas, as some parties are trying to fish with troubled water, and I tell them frankly this government came after a sea of blood And it will not cause blood at all costs, if I always bias towards the people, yesterday, today and tomorrow, and I will not side with others, nor will I take sides with those who try to blackmail, I told you I am a living martyr, so do not manipulate. ”

He continued, "I tell our youth that the view that we must all adopt despite our differing ideas is Iraq .. and the unity of Iraq and the security of Iraq and the peace of Iraq and the future of Iraq, and I said from day one that I am not aspiring to a position, and that my government will work to hold early elections, and I insist On these elections, and two days ago, I spoke at the meetings of the three presidencies about the need to remove obstacles to the elections, and whoever has an objection to the entirety and the march of judgment against him preparing for the elections does not disrupt him who wants to restore Iraq does not speak slogans while sitting on the hill, he must go to the ground and prepare people for the elections, We all have to work for the elections to be fair, just, and representative of the will of the Iraqis, and I, at the moment of my assumption of this position, vowed to preserve the trust, and I maintain the trust, so that there will be early free and fair elections.

Al-Kazimi stressed that we will leave and others will come, we will all leave the important thing for Iraq to continue, this is my covenant for you, and I will not give up on it, and that Iraq should be built by the will of the people and not by the will of thieves, outlaws and advocates of chaos and there is nothing that reflects the will of the people better than elections Free and fair, and everyone who seeks to disrupt the will of the people will fall by the will of the people, and in all our steps and goals we have put Iraq first, and our people is Iraq. ”

LINK

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Al-Abadi reveals "the secret of the fake bombings" and confirms: Abdul-Mahdi sucked the money!

Policy  ,   7/26/2020 21:01   

44310.jpg?watermark=4

Baghdad-Iraq today:

Commenting on Al-Kazimi's visit to Iran and aiming at the comment of former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, on Sunday, on the visit of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to Iran, while he talked about new discussions about the election law.  

Al-Abadi said that "Iraq must strike a balance in international relations and stay away from disputes and conflicts because tension is neither in the interest of Iraq nor in the interest of the region," noting that "the visit of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to Iran or his visits to other neighboring countries or regional countries is an opportunity to clarify the independence of the decision." Iraqi and to achieve the interests of Iraq as well as common interests through peace and security and away from conflicts and disputes. "  

He continued, "Iraq seeks to play a role at the regional and international levels and to invest its good relations with the United States, Iran and Saudi Arabia in a manner consistent with its size, strength and interest." Usually, "Al-Kazimi's visit to Iran complements the visits of former prime ministers that aim to focus on the higher interests of Iraq and invest The cultural and historical depth of Iraq to strengthen its external relations. "  

Al-Abadi said that "Iraq is very important for Iran in light of the isolation and the blockade it is exposed to, as Iraq represents an outlet for it because of its Arab and international dimension," noting that "Iraq has an opportunity to build relations based on common interests while respecting sovereignty."  

Al-Abadi added, “There are conditions for holding early elections. The first is a fair law that guarantees justice for all, and the second is creating the appropriate security environment and withdrawal of weapons from armed groups.” The third condition relates to the existence of an independent commission capable of conducting elections to ensure impartiality and justice. .  

The former Prime Minister stressed, "The need for the members of the Independent High Electoral Commission to be retired judges, who have experience to manage this file and have a body within the commission that is neutral and non-partisan and not affiliated with any specific party," noting that "the current members of the commission are judges who have not submitted their resignations They still have ties to state institutions, and this matter is still of concern. "  

Al-Abadi said, "The election law according to the multiple constituencies has a danger, because the government turns to the majority." He indicated that "there is a fear of dividing the regions into smaller electoral regions, which leads to the fragmentation of votes and losing the proportional representation by representing the majority, because voting will be subject to mathematical calculations that may not be Fair. "  

Al-Abadi said, "There are discussions now to find an alternative, and discussions between members of the House of Representatives are still ongoing on the distribution of regions and the size and representation of representatives of regions," noting that "the House of Representatives is looking at the possibility of Iraq being 80 electoral regions instead of 18 regions, which allows the rise Four representatives for each electoral district. "  

He continued, "There are groups that seek through this law to obtain the lion's share without right, by exploiting the electoral system in a way that enables them to obtain a large number of seats in parliament that are not commensurate with their entitlement," warning against "a broad boycott of the elections if some are imposed. Communities this electoral system. "  

The leader of the victory coalition said, 'N' The problem now lies in the sudden transformation from one electoral district to several regions, and many political blocs do not have experience to deal with this transformation, calling for "discussion of the issue of elections as early and not normal elections."  

Al-Abadi pointed out that "there is a discussion about the possibility of holding elections in stages or holding them on the old way by making the governorate one electoral region", noting that "  

With regard to setting the foreign policy of the state and the challenges of targeting embassies and international missions with missiles, Al-Abadi said that "these attacks are against the foreign policy of the country and they are absurd harm to citizens," stressing that "the Iraqi government signed an agreement with the United States of America formally to fight terrorism."  

Al-Abadi said that "the state has a policy and interests that are determined by the government and parliament," noting that "whoever targets the embassies and missions must determine his position, either the state or be outside the state."  

The President of the Victory Coalition pointed out that "the state has security, foreign policy, investment projects, services, and state institutions in its hands and cannot be rejected, but it is possible to refuse to waste public money or reject cases of corruption," calling for "  

Al-Abadi noted that "the presence of foreign forces in Iraq must be determined by the government and is responsible for this file and no other party has the right to interfere in it, and even the parliament’s decision to remove foreign forces is not binding," noting that "the presence of foreign forces in Iraq" The government requested in 2014 to fight the terrorist ISIS gangs, and there is a written agreement between the government and the American side and there are paragraphs with this agreement, and the law must be the ruler and not targeting the embassy and targeting security because it weakens the state.  

He continued that "Iraq today, after defeating ISIS gangs, does not need this number of foreign forces and there is no major security challenge", indicating that "the need now is limited to the intelligence and logistical side and cooperation in the field of training, because Iraq has advanced weapons and needs to continue training and continued logistical support." .  

Al-Abadi said, "The government faces pressures in the fight against corruption and needs to take strong steps," noting that "there are great pressures on the prime minister and ministers from some blocs that are not satisfied with the government's actions in fighting corruption."  

He also stressed, "The need to give the Prime Minister a space to move away from any pressures, and to apply the issue of fighting corruption to everyone and not to be confined to one party without the other, and there must be a clear governmental approach to fighting corruption," calling on the government to "not respond to the pressures." And to continue fighting corruption, and the necessity of imposing its control on all border crossings, including the northern ones, in conjunction with imposing control on the ports in all regions of Iraq to prevent any door to corruption. "  

Al-Abadi stated that "Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi has an opportunity to prepare for the next stage and move in the right direction, especially in the matter of conducting the elections and restoring the citizen’s confidence in the state." Work to make early elections the best. "  

And Al-Abadi said, "The fight against terrorism is completely different from the past years during the occupation of some provinces by ISIS," stressing that "in the past ISIS gangs occupied the lands and there was a psychological breakdown and it was necessary to fight a military and mass battle, but today ISIS cannot control the land." .  

He pointed out that "ISIS gangs today adopt a method of security breaches, and therefore these breaches must be confronted mainly with persistent intelligence work and do not need large military blocks." He pointed out that "the military operations that the security forces fought against ISIS years ago relied on intelligence support Who was able to resolve the battles and even influence the decision of the terrorist gangs through specific operations that the intelligence services executed brilliantly. "  

Al-Abadi recalled the intelligence operations, saying: "The intelligence services were carrying out fake detonations, and these operations were shown to the media as terrorist operations," explaining that "the aim of these operations is to delude terrorist gangs so that they cannot reveal the penetration of intelligence agents to them."  

On the role of the popular crowd in the face of "terrorism", al-Abadi said that "the popular crowd is an official Iraqi institution and the Diwaniyah order at the beginning of 2016 was its first legislation to organize its structure and was sent to Parliament and this matter was turned into a law at the end of the same year," stressing that "the popular crowd is part It is essential from the state, and we object to anyone who tries to use it for political purposes, just as we objected to those trying to push the military and the military into political action. "  

He explained, "The current economic situation is not the same as the government experienced in 2014, as there was a war on ISIS gangs accompanied by a sharp drop in oil prices and the price of a barrel of oil reached $ 30 after it was $ 115 and oil prices remained low for a long time." Until "the government of Abdul-Mahdi collapsed financially and absorbed even the money in the banks."  

He continued, "Increasing spending without an organization leads to transferring money to the corrupt and depriving the poor of it, which leads to the collapse of the country. Therefore, I call on Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi and the Minister of Finance to interfere in the details of the budget and not leave it, and to develop a spending strategy according to priority, especially projects that relate to the needs of citizens Which relates to electricity, gas and water pumps. "  

With regard to political alliances, Al-Abadi stressed that "the victory coalition has a view of the alliances that have been proposed," noting that "some brothers were in a hurry, wanting to form something and the victory coalition informed them that the interest of the country should be in the forefront."  

He pointed out that "the country is at a crossroads and there are early elections and the lack of popular consent to the political process. The view of some blocs was to gather independent representatives towards a new coalition to build the state, but the victory coalition asked about the fate of the previous alliances and why they broke up," explaining that "the creation of new alliances" He needs to study and consult with others, not to rush, and not to think about the distribution of positions. "  

Al-Abadi stressed that "the vision of the victory coalition is the formation of a parliamentary coordination to support efforts to confront economic, health and security challenges, but the other blocs were in a hurry to announce a new coalition and we were not part of it."  

LINK

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

His spokesman: Al-Kazemi issued directives regarding the demonstrations and confirmed his personal commitment to protect the protesters.

128745.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 07/20/28 18:38 415 Baghdad Today _ 
Baghdad Today, Baghdad, 

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi issued directives regarding the demonstrations, and confirmed his personal commitment to protect the protesters.

A spokesman for Prime Minister Ahmed Mulla Talal said in a press conference in Baghdad that "Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi urged the ministers to take to the street and listen to the demands of the demonstrators." 

Mulla Talal added, "Al-Kazimi emphasized that all security forces protect peaceful protesters and cooperate with them," noting that the commander-in-chief of the armed forces "confirmed his personal and moral commitment to protecting the demonstrators."

On Tuesday (28 July 2020), the Ministry of Interior issued a statement regarding the events that took place between demonstrators and security forces in Tahrir Square in the capital, Baghdad, while the ministry confirmed the existence of criminal groups hitting demonstrators and triggering clashes, as it put it. 

The Ministry’s media stated in a statement received (Baghdad today), that “our security services were monitored during the past hours, and in light of the preliminary investigation results in the events of Sunday night - Monday, dangerous criminal groups in Tahrir Square, seeking to create chaos and by beating protesters from the inside, and making clashes With the security services that aim to preserve the security of the square and the right to peaceful expression of opinion. " 

The statement added: "We reaffirm the directives of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces not to use live bullets with the demonstrators for any reason, and strict directives have been issued in this regard," calling on the "demonstrators to cooperate with us to protect the square and control the elements that are trying to carry out assassinations attributed to the security forces." 

And he continued: "We call upon our conscious youth to look with responsibility to the dangerous path that outlawed armed groups are trying to drag the country into, to implement their malicious intentions."

Yesterday, the Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, held a meeting with the security leaders in the headquarters of the Minister of Interior, in the presence of the Minister of Interior, the head of the National Security Service and the National Security Adviser.

During the meeting, according to an official statement, the security situation in the country and the developments of the events that took place yesterday were discussed. 

Al-Kazemi directed fact-finding regarding the unfortunate events that took place yesterday, with the results to reach within a maximum period of seventy-two hours. 

Al-Kazemi stressed that peaceful protest is a right guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution, and the government and its security services have a duty to protect peaceful demonstrations and listen to the demands of the demonstrators.

During the meeting, it was emphasized that peaceful demonstrators were invited to cooperate with the security forces in reporting suspicious elements that offend the demonstrations and distort the legitimate demands of the demonstrators.

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Deputy: Several parties are trying to ignite the situation because they consider Iraq as a "market" for them .. There is no longer only a third party

128734.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 07/27/2020 17:47 317     
Baghdad today _ Baghdad  

Member of the Parliamentary Security and Defense Committee, Abbas Sarrout, confirmed today, Tuesday, that there are several parties working to ignite the demonstrations fire to achieve specific goals, while he pointed out that the country has become a market for the exchange of goods from the countries of the world and it is not in the interest of many to stabilize it.

Abbas Sarrout said, in an interview with (Baghdad Today), that "killing protesters is a crime, and the prime minister ordered an investigation to be opened and the results presented within 72 hours," stressing that "peaceful protest is a right guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution, but in return it is supposed to be in accordance with a specific framework of taking Official approvals and refraining from cutting off roads because they represent the interests of a people in transporting materials and patients. " 

"The peaceful demonstration cannot be objected to, and at the same time the security forces should not be overlooked," he added. 

He continued, "Iraq has become a market for the disposal of different goods from the countries of the world, and it is not in the interest of many to stabilize the country." He asked, "What does it mean for successive governments to spend 62 billion dollars to produce only 18,000 megawatts of energy, and enter the country in the spiral of the electricity crisis and its implications?" ". 

He pointed out that "there is an international political project in Baghdad trying to perpetuate the momentum of crises and instability," noting that "several parties are behind the killing of demonstrators, not a third party."

A member of the Parliamentary Security and Defense Committee confirmed the presence of "surveillance cameras in Tahrir Square, but the process of detecting the shooters is difficult, because the numbers are large and the shooting takes place mostly at night, but we hope that the security forces will have a role in uncovering the parties behind the killing of the demonstrators." .

On Tuesday (28 July 2020), the Ministry of Interior issued a statement regarding the events that took place between demonstrators and security forces in Tahrir Square in the capital, Baghdad, while the ministry confirmed the existence of criminal groups hitting demonstrators and triggering clashes, as it put it. 

The Ministry’s media stated in a statement received (Baghdad today), that “our security services were monitored during the past hours, and in light of the preliminary results of the investigation into the events of Sunday night - Monday, dangerous criminal groups in Tahrir Square, seeking to create chaos and by beating the demonstrators from the inside, and creating clashes With the security services that aim to preserve the security of the square and the right to peaceful expression of opinion. "

The statement added: "We reaffirm the directives of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces not to use live bullets with the demonstrators for any reason, and strict directives have been issued in this regard," calling on the "demonstrators to cooperate with us to protect the square and control the elements that are trying to carry out assassinations attributed to the security forces."

He continued: "We call upon our conscious youth to look with responsibility with regard to the dangerous path that armed groups outside the law are trying to drag the country to, to implement their malicious intentions." 

Yesterday, the Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, held a meeting with the security leaders in the headquarters of the Minister of Interior, in the presence of the Minister of Interior, the head of the National Security Service and the National Security Adviser. 

During the meeting, according to an official statement, the security situation in the country and the developments of the events that took place yesterday were discussed.  

Al-Kazemi directed fact-finding regarding the unfortunate events that took place yesterday, with the results to reach within a maximum period of seventy-two hours. 

Al-Kazemi stressed that peaceful protest is a right guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution, and the government and its security services have a duty to protect peaceful demonstrations and listen to the demands of the demonstrators.

During the meeting, it was emphasized that peaceful demonstrators were invited to cooperate with the security forces in reporting suspicious elements that offend the demonstrations and distort the legitimate demands of the demonstrators.

LINK

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Masroor Barzani: The Kurdistan Regional Government is ready for a radical solution with Baghdad

2020-07-29 | 11:30
Masroor Barzani: The Kurdistan Regional Government is ready for a radical solution with Baghdad

The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, Masrour Al-Barzani, affirmed on Wednesday that the regional government is ready for a fundamental solution with Baghdad that is in everyone's interest.

The Kurdistan Regional Government said in a statement, Alsumaria News received a copy of it, "The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masrour Barzani, received today, Wednesday, the Minister of the Interior of the Federal Government, Othman Al-Ghanimi. The joint, especially in the border areas and the Kurdish areas outside the administration of the territorial government to address terrorism. "

The statement quoted Al-Ghanmi as saying, "The difficult conditions that Iraq and the Kurdistan region are going through in light of the Corona virus pandemic in addition to the financial crisis require cooperation and coordination between the two sides to resolve all outstanding differences." He explained that "Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the Kurdistan region. ".

The head of the regional government expressed, according to the statement, "readiness to solve the outstanding problems with the federal government in a fundamental way and within the framework of the constitution, in a way that guarantees the constitutional rights of the Kurdistan region and is in the interest of all Iraqis."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Member of foreign relations: Al-Kazemi's visits to Riyadh and Washington were not canceled

image.thumb.jpeg.f6d2490ac1b8ea7dd4b158e5afb72663.jpeg

Localities  2020/07/29  20:58 131    
Baghdad today - Baghdad ,

a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, Amer Al-Fayez, confirmed today, Wednesday, that the foreign tours of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the United States of America, existed and were not canceled.

Al-Fayez said in an interview with (Baghdad Today), that "Al-Kazimi's visit to Saudi Arabia was postponed as a result of the illness of the King of Saudi Arabia, who after his recovery will be a visit," noting that "the Prime Minister's visit to Washington will be this month."

He explained that "both visits work to support the openness of Iraq to the region and neighboring countries and the world, and taking into account balance in the region because Iraq can play an important role by being a friend of Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United States and playing the role of calm." 

He noted that "

He stressed that "the visits remain, and the invitation is ongoing and awaiting the order of things." 

Al-Kazemi’s government is trying hard to ease tensions in the country and maintain a balance between regional and international powers in order to embark on its reform plan.

While the Saudi station was postponed on Al-Kazemi’s tour after coordination and consultation between the two capitals, Baghdad and Riyadh, Al-Kazemi visited Tehran and met senior Iranian officials, including the leader of the Islamic Republic, Ali Khamenei, and received supportive positions for his government.

LINK

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Al-Ghanimi: Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the region. Barzani: We want a radical solution

Al-Ghanimi: Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the region. Barzani: We want a radical solution

7/29/2020 18:30:56

The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masroor Barzani, received today, Wednesday, the Minister of Interior, Othman Al-Ghanmi.

During the meeting, according to the statement of the media office of the regional government, "the relations between the Kurdistan region and the federal government were discussed, and ways to enhance joint security cooperation were discussed, in particular, in the border areas and the Kurdish areas outside the administration of the regional government to deal with terrorism."

Al-Ghanimi pointed to the "difficult situations that Iraq and the Kurdistan region are going through in light of the Corona virus pandemic in addition to the financial crisis, which requires cooperation and coordination between the two sides to resolve all outstanding differences. He said that Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the Kurdistan region."

The head of the regional government expressed "readiness to solve the outstanding problems with the federal government in a fundamental way and within the framework of the constitution and in a way that guarantees the constitutional rights of the Kurdistan region and is in the interest of all Iraqis."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

LINK

Barzani hopes for a "balanced agreement" soon with Baghdad

1596030341949.jpg

29th July, 2020

Kurdistan Regional Council of Ministers held today, Wednesday, its regular session headed by Prime Minister, Masrour Barzani, with the participation of his deputy, Qubad Talabani, through the video conference system.

The regional government said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, that. Barzani praised on behalf of the Council between the political parties in Kurdistan Region, as they represent an important step to support the Regional Government. The Prime Minister emphasized, according to the statement, the importance of hosting parliamentary sessions.

The relevant ministers presented answers to parliamentarian questions regarding several files, including the situation in the Kurdish areas outside the administration of the region, COVID-19 preventive measures, the financial and economic situation in the region, and the Discussions with the federal government.

During the meeting, the Prime Minister highlighted the latest developments of the ongoing talks between Kurdistan Region and the federal government, indicating that KRG is once again showing its willingness to fulfill its constitutional obligations in exchange for its constitutional rights and entitlements for the region. Barzani affirmed, "We hope that these talks result in, after Eid Al-Adha holidays, a balanced agreement in which the interests of both sides are taken into consideration".

The council stressed the necessity of implementing plans to overcome the current economic crisis, and secure financial dues and salaries, which is a priority for the government.  The council also directed operation rooms to take the necessary COVID-19 preventive measures during Eid days.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

The suspension of official working hours in Kurdistan 5 days, starting from Friday

1596001212_527124image1.jpg

29th July, 2020

Today, the Kurdistan Regional Government announced a 5-day official holiday, starting from 7-31-2020, until Tuesday 4-8-2020.

A spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, Gutiar Adel, said in a statement, that the holiday includes all official institutions in the region, as it will resume work next Wednesday.

The statement called on citizens to adhere to preventive measures, during the days of Eid, to confront the Corona pandemic.

Yesterday, Tuesday, the General Secretariat of the Iraqi Council of Ministers announced the suspension of official working hours on the occasion of Eid Al-Adha, coinciding with high temperatures.

• Upvote 2

:o 

:D  :D  :D 

'Accelerated' scenario from Tareq Harb: Dissolution of Parliament after Eid .. and early elections in October!

2020.07.29 - 18:43

b68bfc0a1-36607-202007290643.jpg

Baghdad - people  

On Wednesday, legal expert Tariq Harb suggested that the new Iraqi government would go to the option of dissolving the parliament after the end of the holiday and holding early elections in the tenth month of this year.  

Harb asked in a post that “Nass” (July 29, 2020) followed: “Are we witnessing the dissolution of Parliament at the request of the Prime Minister and the approval of the President of the Republic soon after the holiday or a little further and holding early elections in accordance with Article 64 of the Constitution?” Explaining in several points the extent of the possibility of achieving This matter without prejudice to the articles of the constitution:  

1- The Iraqi Parliament Elections Law No. 45 of 2013 is still in force and amended by Law 1 of 2018 on providing a security environment for the displaced and electronic voting and the inadmissibility of the participation of parties that have armed wings, candidate conditions, speeding up of results, facilitating voting, and the Second Amendment Law No. 2 of 2018 on centers Electoral conditions, testimony, number of deputies, and speeding up of results are effective and capable of holding early elections according to its jurisprudence.  

2- The new Electoral Commission Law No. 13 of 2019 is still in progress since the formation of the new Electoral Commission has been for seven months, not one or two months.  

3- The rule of Article 64 of the Constitution is still in force. In the event that the parliament itself is not dissolved, the Prime Minister may ask the President of the Republic to dissolve Parliament, where the President of the Republic issues the decree to dissolve the parliament without restriction or condition, as the aforementioned Article 64 did not specify that the two Presidents have this authority Conditions or restrictions, as you did not place a restriction or condition on the Prime Minister’s request or on the approval of the President of the Republic to dissolve Parliament, which is a constitutional authority that is exercised even if the Parliament objects or is against it.  

4- The Al-Kazemi government turns into a caretaker government after the dissolution of Parliament and assumes the necessary measures for the elections.  

5- The period for holding new elections is 60 days from the date of the dissolution. If we assume that the decree of the dissolution was issued by the President of the Republic at the end of the eighth month, the elections will be the end of the tenth era.  

6- Since at least 70% of the electorate did not go to the previous election funds and did not vote, all the existing representatives represent less than 30% of the electorate and therefore the new elections will turn the political balances upside down so that all those who previously boycotted the early new elections are thirsty to cast their votes. With their voice and changing political alliances.  

7- What we see is that after the feast or next month at the most distant date, the date for resorting to the previous constitutional and legal provisions pertaining to the authority of the two presidents will be. The biggest in Parliament is about the electoral districts between the main blocs in Parliament that have not produced an impact so far as months have passed without result.  

LINK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Away from speculation .. Al-Kazimi's photographer reveals his identity and talks about "messages of his shots" and how he chose this work

2020-07-25

526440Image1.jpg?resize=690%2C301&ssl=1

Yassin Iraq: Follow-up

The identity of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi's photographer and the most controversial elements of the government has become explicitly known after a series of speculations, suggestions and leaks amid great interest from citizens and pioneers of networking sites to know the identity of this photographer.

The Kurdish platform, Rodao, prepared an interview with Al-Kazemi, a Kurdish photographer, Jamal Pengueni, who talked about how he got to work with Al-Kazemi and the messages in his pictures and shots that sparked controversy since Al-Kazemi took office.

The text of the interview, published by Rodao and followed by “Yassin Iraq,” reads as follows:

Some may disagree about the changes that accompanied Mustafa al-Kazimi's ascension to the seat of government in Iraq between optimist and pessimist, but what the eye cannot miss is the high quality of photographs published by the Office of the Iraqi Prime Minister more than two months ago, until it became the focus of attention of local and international media and became the pages of communication sites The social community is filled with comments and analyzes with every picture of the new prime minister, amid a state of curiosity to know the identity of that anonymous photographer who puzzled many with his magical lens.

Rudaw Media Network reached out to the young Iraqi Kurdish cameraman photographer, Jamal Pengueni, to talk about his beginnings and how he made his way to the top of the global professionalism in photography.

The beginning of the story .. the search for the bright side

Jamal Pengueni was born in Penguin and is one of the districts of Sulaymaniyah Governorate in 1981, and he tells Rudaw that he used to love art and sculpture from a young age, then he worked in the press and photography with local photographers, and after 2003 he went to Baghdad and the rest of southern provinces to see with his lens and transfer with his lens what was happening from For 7 years, bombings and violence have been providing foreign media with these images.

BeFunky-collage-5.jpg?resize=640%2C359&s

And in 2010, there was a sudden change in Penguin's vision, as he realized that the media attention is limited to the black side in Iraq of killing, blood and ruin. Iraq and Kurdistan through the artistic photographic project, i.e. focusing on a specific idea, and my first work in this context was entitled Iraq is Flying - Iraq is flying, and later is a project of pink dreams and angels of war and others. ”

BeFunky-collage-6.jpg?resize=640%2C359&s

The project has found widespread resonance in the world, and Pengueni, who is currently a PhD student in the field of "picture philosophy" in Britain, confirms that his photos were hung in hundreds of London, New York, Italy, France and China museums, including the Imperial War Museum in Britain, the New York Modern Museum (MOMA) and the National Museum of Contemporary Art. In Paris, it has also been published in newspapers and magazines such as Reuters, New York Times, Washington Post, BBC and the Middle East, in addition to its adoption in international curricula in universities in Europe, America and Asia.

His relationship with Al-Kazemi

Al-Kazemi’s choice of a Kurdish photographer to be his official photographer may surprise some, but the amazement will disappear if we know that the history of the relationship between them dates back many years when the Iraqi Prime Minister was working in the press and media and Penguini was a colleague and friend of his.

110201408_710005183176696_24700702480795

Pengueni told Rudaw the story of his joining the Prime Minister's staff, saying: “I don't like the routine job job, but Al-Kazemi is a personal friend of mine. We worked together for 18 years in Almontor and we were in contact even when we were outside Iraq, after his assignment and while working to form The new government called me and asked me to return immediately where I was staying in Europe. ”

110743195_280223569747410_72218705649446

He has already returned to Baghdad, and he adds that he promised to fulfill Al-Kazemi’s request and do everything in his power for one reason “that the prime minister is an efficient, committed, wise, balanced and successful person in any location, just as the new government deserves support and came after the previous authority was overthrown with the blood of thousands of martyrs, wounded and kidnapped sacrifices And it is necessary to work on a world level to restore the prestige of the state and show this to the world, and to convince the new youth that the nascent government is able to overcome corruption and solve crises.

Penguin believes that not every citizen can meet the Prime Minister face-to-face, "so the images that reach them must reflect the strong and generous personality of the Prime Minister who is able to bring about change, because the media is the mirror and the window to achieve this."

Each photo has a message

It is no secret that a creative photographer with experience spanning more than two decades, such as Jamal Pengueni, does not take pictures arbitrarily, and he says in his talk to Rudaw that he thinks of the photo before he presses the capture button in his camera, “Each image has a message even if the directions for interpreting that message differ between One person and another. ”

Among the most inflamed images of the communication sites was the image of Al-Kazemi raising his hands with prayers in Karbala, and from this picture, Pengueni says: “I wanted the image to be a response to everyone who hid the mantle of religion in anti-state starting from ISIS and not ending with the militias and parties and everyone who wanted to fabricate Sectarian and civil war in the coverage of religion, and the message was that faith is a special relationship between one and his Lord and that Al-Kazemi is armed with the sincere intention of God in protecting Iraq against anyone who wants to harm the homeland.

112849670_227453488313107_28051382025751

And Jamal Pengueni touched on another picture that shows Al-Kazemi inside a helicopter and looking at the port of Umm Qasr in Basra, and explains that "the message was that all of these outlets and facilities belong to the state only, and not the corrupt who want to enrich at the expense of Iraq."

111541638_941199449687837_80603179010026

Although social media platforms are most interested in Penguin, he says he does not use these sites and has no accounts on them.

Al-Kazemi corrects his ministers: Kurdistan Region, not northern Iraq!

The Kurdistan Region did not hesitate to support Al-Kazemi, even before his official nomination, and to express the desire to move forward by resolving the differences between the two sides by peaceful means and on the basis of the constitution.

Pengueni says he is happy with his Kurdish nationality wherever he lives and resides. Whether in Iraq or outside it, indicating that the prime minister's personality is non-racial, non-fanatic, and moderate with the Kurds, and he does not evaluate people based on their national or religious affiliation.

Pengueni revealed what happened in one of the cabinet meetings by saying: “When one of those present in the course of his speech used the term (northern Iraq), Al-Kazemi interrupted him, correcting it: (Kurdistan Region). He said: Yes, northern Kurdistan, so that Al-Kazimi can correct again: No, you mean Kurdistan Region.” .

And he confirms that the Iraqi Prime Minister lived in the Kurdistan Region previously and people know more about it than all previous Iraqi Prime Ministers and he does not think of sectarian or partisan logic and does not seek to defeat the Kurdish person, and he is the best person who can occupy the position in the interest of both Iraq and Kurdistan.

link

• Upvote 1

Border Ports: There are 11 outlets in Kurdistan, 6 of which are recognized by Baghdad

2020-07-29 | 12:22
Border Ports: There are 11 outlets in Kurdistan, 6 of which are recognized by Baghdad

The Border Ports Authority revealed on Wednesday that there are 11 outlets in Kurdistan, 6 of which are only officially recognized by Baghdad, confirming that all land and sea ports are now fully secured.

The head of the border outlets, Omar Al-Waeli, said in an interview reported by the Iraqi News Agency, that "Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi personally supervises the plan to secure the border outlets."

He added, "These forces are not fixed and are in constant replacement every fifteen days to prevent acquaintance and coordination." He stressed that "there are 11 outlets in the Kurdistan Region, 6 of which are only officially recognized by Baghdad, and there are 5 unofficial outlets."

Al-Waeli pointed out that "there is a real plan for linking the region's ports with the outlets in the federal government as soon as possible," saying that "the volume of revenue since the beginning of this year until now has reached five hundred and thirty-seven billion dinars."

• Upvote 2

Barzani: We are ready for a fundamental solution to the outstanding problems with Baghdad

Publish date: 29.07.2020 | 20:34 GMT |

Last update: 29.07.2020

Barzani: We are ready for a fundamental solution to the outstanding problems with Baghdad

Reuters AS / TSS

The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, Masroor Barzani

The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, Masroor Barzani, expressed today, Wednesday, the willingness of Erbil to reach a radical solution to the outstanding problems with Baghdad.

A statement of the regional government stated that "Barzani received today the Minister of the Interior of the Federal Government, Othman Al-Ghanimi. During the meeting, they discussed the relations between the region and the federal government, and discussed ways to enhance joint security cooperation, especially in the border areas and the Kurdish areas outside the administration of the regional government to address terrorism."

The Iraqi Minister of the Interior said that "the difficult conditions that Iraq and the Kurdistan region are going through in light of the Corona virus pandemic in addition to the financial crisis, require cooperation and coordination between the two sides to resolve all outstanding differences."

He added that "Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the Kurdistan region."

Source: RT

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1139344-بارزاني-مستعدون-لحل-جذري-للمشاكل-العالقة-مع-بغداد/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Divisions in the 'Kurdistan Region of Iraq' cost the United States a reliable partner

362019182200_WahabBilal-85x128.jpg7/29/2020 10:08:14 AM

On July 19, the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" suspended its participation in the Iraqi Kurdish parliament, which effectively suspended it.This setback is the latest example of local leaders ’attempts to score political points as the“ Kurdistan region of Iraq ”is reeling under the successive shocks of the financial crisis, the Corona virus epidemic, and military strikes by Iran and Turkey. 
The "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" has been a reliable partner in strengthening US policy in Iraq and combating terrorism for three decades, and its Peshmerga forces are still active in the campaign to thwart the return of the "Islamic State".However, the current deep disagreement between the main political factions in the region has underestimated the importance of the "Iraqi Kurdistan Region" as a partner to Washington, transformed bilateral relations into increasingly cooperative, and diminished Kurdish influence in Baghdad.
A perfect storm of crises
The Corona Virus ("Covid-19") epidemic has spread through "Iraqi Kurdistan", and has recorded more than 11,000 infections and 419 confirmed deaths.Sporadic boycott campaigns by doctors and police have erupted, and increased public complaints could worsen into widespread protests.
The miserable financial situation of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" weighs heavily on [the response to] these problems.Because of the patronage and undeveloped private sector policies, 80 percent of the $ 950 million Kurdistan Region’s annual operating budget is spent on 1.25 million people who make up a bloated workforce in the public sector or are receiving pensions. 
As in Baghdad, Erbil’s source of income is heavily dependent on oil exports, whose value has become significantly low due to the double shock of global supply and demand.In April, only $ 30 million in oil revenues flowed into the "Kurdistan region of Iraq," according to a speech by Prime Minister Masrour Barzani broadcast on television.As a result, the "Territory" government spent only three rounds of salary payments this year, two of which were late salaries dating back to 2019. What made matters worse is the recent collapse of the budget deal with Baghdad, which put an end to regular monthly transfers to the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" and led To stop investment mainly in local infrastructure and services.
As if these crises were not enough, Turkey and Iran chose this time to launch military campaigns inside the "Kurdistan region of Iraq".Beginning in mid-June, Turkish forces launched [air strikes on sites] of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a Turkish group on the terrorist [American] list, while Tehran targeted the opposition "Iranian Kurdistan Democratic Party".

A flawed response to the "Kurdistan region of Iraq"
In the past, such an ideal storm had worked to focus the minds of political leaders in Kurdistan and show a united response.However, the PUK and its main rival, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), have so far resorted to an exchange of blame that will only backfire.It has been eight long months that the leaders of the two parties have not met, preferring to criticize each other during talk shows and on social media. 
The local council in Sulaimaniyah led by the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" also revived an old proposal for decentralization, which the "Kurdistan Democratic Party" considers a trick to dismantle the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq."In April, their competing Peshmerga forces confronted them in the "Zinni Warti" region, which revived the fears that afflicted the Iraqi Kurds by killing a brother for his brother, as happened in the mid-nineties, and the resulting regional armies' engagement in their civil war and the division of their lands. In the end, it has two partisan / family spheres.
Worst of all, the two parties politicized the response to the epidemic.Some figures of the "Kurdistan Democratic Party" have blamed the rise in local disease cases on the decision of the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" to open its borders with Iran, accusing the latter of trying to deprive the government headed by Barzani from eliminating [the pandemic].In contrast, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan accused the Kurdistan Democratic Party of storing medical supplies and test equipment for its supporters.
The rift within each party increases the feeling of political chaos.When the salaries of public sector workers were reduced in June as part of austerity measures, the ranks of the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" were split over whether to support or reject the move. 
A power struggle is emerging within the Barzani family in the "Kurdistan Democratic Party", where the new prime minister's team accuses his predecessor and his cousin, Nechirvan Barzani (who is currently the president of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq") of mismanaging the region's oil and wealth sector.Partisanship is the greatest damage to the Peshmerga ranks, as the personal loyalties of unit leaders can breed warlords.
In short, both sides are destroying the firm belief that Iraqi Kurdish politics and governance are better than the appalling game engaging in Baghdad.Some time ago, the balance of political forces shifted in favor of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, which controls the oil industry and has forty-five members in the Parliament of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" compared to twenty-one members of the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan."But this shift did not mean much on the ground because the lands of the region and the security forces and revenue flows are still divided into two informal areas of influence.The KDP wants to make the "Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" a small partner, but the latter insists on staying equal.
In addition, the two parties do not show much tolerance of political opposition, and take legal and security measures against opposition votes at the expense of democratic standards and reforms.In contrast to the full legislative control that they enjoyed for decades, the "Kurdistan Democratic Party" and "the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan" currently constitute only 60 percent of the parliament, "the Kurdistan Region of Iraq", yet they used their dominant military and economic influence to compel and restore the other parties.The two sides also refuse to hand over control of their security forces to the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" government - a highly problematic situation that has prompted militias in other parts of Iraq to cite the Peshmerga as a model of their own party and disapproval of the National Authority.

Implications for US policy
Washington's heavy focus on counter-terrorism since 2001 has wasted opportunities to nurture the "Iraqi Kurdistan region" as a reliable long-term partner.Regardless of the party feudalists who are in charge of governance in Erbil, US officials have directly contributed to the institutionalization of party-based security by establishing independent training and equipping programs for the Peshmerga Kurdistan and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan.From Washington's point of view, this approach was necessary given the urgent needs to fight al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, but some far-reaching consequences were harmful.
Leaders of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" also misinterpreted US military support in the war against the "Islamic State" as a political gesture to move forward with their disastrous referendum on independence in 2017. Following this, some Kurdish officials were reportedly disappointed by Washington because Not taking any step while the late Iranian General Qassem Soleimani was leading the Iraqi army and militia against the Peshmerga units in Kirkuk and Nineveh.They also began to show a hidden political tendency towards Tehran.
For example, although they worked toward counter targets on many issues, both the KDP and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan collaborated with the Fatah bloc [Parliament] near Iran during the process of forming the government that followed elections House of Representatives for the year 2018. 
Earlier this year, they were among the last parties that withdrew their support for Prime Minister Adel Abdel Mahdi before he had to resign over the mass protests.When pro-Iranian factions called for a January 5 session of the House of Representatives with the goal of removing American forces from Iraq, Kurdish lawmakers were convinced to boycott the session rather than stand firmly with Washington and cast a dissenting vote.(One wonders how those legislators felt three days later, when Iran fired missiles at a military base in Arbil as part of its reprisal for the US killing of Soleimani.)
The first step in addressing a number of these problems is to impose conditions on US funding for the peshmerga.Washington is currently paying $ 17 million a month to cover the official salaries of the Peshmerga forces, which is critical to maintaining pressure on the Islamic State. 
In the next stage, American officials should demand that the "Iraqi Kurdistan region" implement security reforms in order to continue obtaining these funds, with the aim of separating the peshmerga from the control of any party and ultimately placing them under the civilian control of the "Iraqi Kurdistan region."
However, the greatest danger is not the conflict between the Peshmerga, but rather the economic crisis.In this regard, the United States should use the new strategic dialogue process to provide technical and financial support to Baghdad and Erbil, while pressuring them intensively to reach energy terms and revenue sharing.And the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" badly needs to support the budget from Baghdad, or at least give it a share of any external loans it might get [the Iraqi government].
The Kurdish and national authorities also need to coordinate more closely on dealing with the "Covid-19" epidemic, preventing Turkish and Iranian raids across the border, and carrying out intelligence and security operations against ISIS operatives in the liberated territories.In addition, Erbil must give political support to the efforts of Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kazemi to curb the militias.
However, some "tough love" is also a must.Washington should tell the leaders of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" in particular, but firmly, that they need to meet the governance challenges facing the "Kurdistan region."The current political situation is alarmingly similar to that of 2014, that is, just before the outbreak of the national crisis unleashed by the Islamic State.However, this time an international rescue plan will not come as desired by the "Iraqi Kurdistan Region". 
Finally, with the increased possibility of protests among the Kurdish public, leaders of the "Kurdistan Region of Iraq" should pay attention to the warning unleashed by the Iraq protests and the resulting political turmoil.Washington can still benefit from solid relations that have lasted for three decades by pushing its partner towards security, governance, and economic reforms, but the "Iraqi Kurdistan region" can not be saved from its current ordeal except through the presence of a unified Kurdish leadership.

https://www.nrttv.com/Ar/birura-details.aspx?authorid=389&Articleid=2103

• Upvote 1

Thursday 30 July 2020 | 07:56 pm
| Views: 135
American newspaper: The Federal Reserve supplies Iraq with "10 billion dollars" annually from oil sales

irq_849561079_1596128207.jpg&max_width=300

A New York Times report reveals that the Iraqi political class, with US sponsorship and responsibility, has been corrupted by controlling billions of dollars in oil imports through the Federal Reserve Fund. The report states that the aims of the corrupt political class are only self-enrichment, as this cross-sectarian gang has perfected fraud at all levels: routine disinformation of checkpoints, bank fraud, embezzlement of government salaries and corrupt deals and contracts. The report considered the United States with regional countries that shattered the economy and dealt with corrupt traditional allies. The report revealed that the New York Federal Reserve supplies Iraq with at least $ 10 billion annually in hard currency from oil sales in the country. Much of that has been passed on to commercial banks in a long hijacking of money-laundering gangs in Iraq. The report pointed out that it is not easy to estimate the full cost of what was stolen from Iraq, as the deals are done in cash, the documents are difficult to obtain and the government statistics are often not reliable. However, available information indicates that Iraq may have illegally exhausted its national wealth abroad than any other country. The report indicated that a senior Iraqi statesman with long experience in the finance field compiled a classified evaluation of the Atlantic Council, an American research center, based on talks with bankers, investigators, and contacts in a variety of foreign countries. He concluded that between $ 125 to $ 150 billion is owned by Iraqis abroad, most of them illegally acquired. And that other estimates amount to 300 billion dollars, where he estimated that about 10 billion dollars of the stolen money is invested in London properties alone. The full account extends beyond the financial bill to the damages to the culture and society of Iraq that were destroyed by this corruption. ” The report stated: One of the former ministers - a technician who spent decades abroad upon arrival in office - discovered that his ministry was buying vaccines with a contract of $ 92 million and had found another way to purchase the same vaccines for less than $ 15 million. He said: As soon as I did that, I faced a great deal of resistance, a fierce campaign against me, which forced me to resign after my family and I were subjected to death threats. The report stressed that the political leaders who head this graft are well known and some of them are loyal American allies, as the Barzani and Talabani families in Kurdistan used their control over the contracts of that region and its central bank to become very wealthy. He added: The political leaders who head this graft are well known A former minister - a technician who spent decades abroad upon reaching office - discovered that his ministry was buying vaccines with a contract of $ 92 million and had found another way to purchase the same vaccines for less than $ 15 million. He said: As soon as I did that, I faced a great deal of resistance, a fierce campaign against me, which forced me to resign after my family and I were subjected to death threats. The report stressed that the political leaders who head this graft are well known and some of them are loyal American allies, as the Barzani and Talabani families in Kurdistan used their control over the contracts of that region and its central bank to become very wealthy. He added: The political leaders who head this graft are well known A former minister - a technician who spent decades abroad upon reaching office - discovered that his ministry was buying vaccines with a contract of $ 92 million and had found another way to purchase the same vaccines for less than $ 15 million. He said: As soon as I did that, I faced a great deal of resistance, a fierce campaign against me, which forced me to resign after my family and I were subjected to death threats. The report stressed that the political leaders who head this graft are well known and some of them are loyal American allies, as the Barzani and Talabani families in Kurdistan used their control over the contracts of that region and its central bank to become very wealthy. He added: The political leaders who head this graft are well known Once I did, I faced a great deal of resistance, a fierce campaign against me, which forced me to resign after my family and I were threatened with death. The report stressed that the political leaders who head this graft are well known and some of them are loyal American allies, as the Barzani and Talabani families in Kurdistan used their control over the contracts of that region and its central bank to become very wealthy. He added: The political leaders who head this graft are well known Once I did, I faced a great deal of resistance, a fierce campaign against me, which forced me to resign after my family and I were threatened with death. The report stressed that the political leaders who head this graft are well known and some of them are loyal American allies, as the Barzani and Talabani families in Kurdistan used their control over the contracts of that region and its central bank to become very wealthy. He added: The political leaders who head this graft are well known

https://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=136941

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, DinarThug said:

Member of foreign relations: Al-Kazemi's visits to Riyadh and Washington were not canceled

image.thumb.jpeg.f6d2490ac1b8ea7dd4b158e5afb72663.jpeg

Localities  2020/07/29  20:58 131    
Baghdad today - Baghdad ,

a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, Amer Al-Fayez, confirmed today, Wednesday, that the foreign tours of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the United States of America, existed and were not canceled.

Al-Fayez said in an interview with (Baghdad Today), that "Al-Kazimi's visit to Saudi Arabia was postponed as a result of the illness of the King of Saudi Arabia, who after his recovery will be a visit," noting that "the Prime Minister's visit to Washington will be this month."

He explained that "both visits work to support system" rel="">support the openness of Iraq to the region and neighboring countries and the world, and taking into account balance in the region because Iraq can play an important role by being a friend of Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United States and playing the role of calm." 

He noted that "

He stressed that "the visits remain, and the invitation is ongoing and awaiting the order of things." 

Al-Kazemi’s government is trying hard to ease tensions in the country and maintain a balance between regional and international powers in order to embark on its reform plan.

While the Saudi station was postponed on Al-Kazemi’s tour after coordination and consultation between the two capitals, Baghdad and Riyadh, Al-Kazemi visited Tehran and met senior Iranian officials, including the leader of the Islamic Republic, Ali Khamenei, and received supportive positions for his government.

LINK

:o 

LINK

What is the truth about Al-Kazemi's travel to Washington next week?

irq_167035230&max_width=300

30th July 2020

An official source in the Prime Minister’s Office, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, revealed, on Thursday, the fact that the Prime Minister went to the United States of America next week. 

The source, who preferred not to be named, said that "the information and news that talked about Al-Kazimi's travel to the United States of America next week is inaccurate.

Until this time, no date has been set for this upcoming visit." 

And, “What is delaying the visit is the epidemiological situation due to the spread of the Corona virus in America, especially as it is on the rise.

This is why conducting the second round of strategic dialogue between Baghdad and Washington, perhaps through the closed-circuit television between Iraqi and American officials, as happened in the first round.”

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:14 PM, DinarThug said:

7/29/2020 18:30:56

The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masroor Barzani, received today, Wednesday, the Minister of Interior, Othman Al-Ghanmi.

During the meeting, according to the statement of the media office of the regional government, "the relations between the Kurdistan region and the federal government were discussed, and ways to enhance joint security cooperation were discussed, in particular, in the border areas and the Kurdish areas outside the administration of the regional government to deal with terrorism."

Al-Ghanimi pointed to the "difficult situations that Iraq and the Kurdistan region are going through in light of the Corona virus pandemic in addition to the financial crisis, which requires cooperation and coordination between the two sides to resolve all outstanding differences. He said that Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi is ready to solve all problems with the Kurdistan region."

The head of the regional government expressed "readiness to solve the outstanding problems with the federal government in a fundamental way and within the framework of the constitution and in a way that guarantees the constitutional rights of the Kurdistan region and is in the interest of all Iraqis."

LINK

Erbil to proceed discussion with Baghdad

1596112943587.jpg

30th July, 2020

Kurdistan Regional Government decided to discuss with The Federal Government in the differences and issues, according to the Kurdish PM.

“We feel sorry to be in such an economic situation in Al-Adha holidays. It is very hard and it is beyond our will and the will of Kurdistan government”, he said.

Adding that “At the beginning of the crisis, we spent all our effort to reduce the impacts on our citizens, but unfortunately the international crisis is above the government financial capacity”, he proceeded saying “In spite of all the difficulty, I hope that our people have faith in their government, which have done everything it can to provide salaries in Kurdistan Region. We wish that the discussions with the federal government after Al-Adha holiday will lead to a fair deal, that will insure the legal financial rights for the Kurdish people”.

It is noteworthy that The Federal Government led by Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the ex-PM, stopped to pay the employees’ salaries in Kurdistan; claiming that Kurdistan had breached an agreement to deliver 250 thousand oil barrel a day to SOMO company owned by Baghdad. However, Erbil denies the accusation.

More than two months ago the Iraqi government agreed to pay the salaries of the employees for one month, and it stipulated the regular paying to have an agreement about oil, and Kurdistan’s share in the Federal budget.

Kurdistan Regional Government decided last June to cut 21% of employees’ salaries for one month, due to the financial crisis, as a result of Baghdad’s decision, and the declining of oil prices in global markets. Explaining that it had decided to reduce the salaries to be able to distribute the available funds to all employees.

• Upvote 1

LINK

Barzani: We are experiencing a difficult economic situation and talks with Baghdad after the holiday

Barzani: We are experiencing a difficult economic situation and talks with Baghdad after the holiday

07/30/2020 14:12:13

The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masroor Barzani, said that the region is going through an economic situation that he described as "difficult."

Barzani said in his congratulations, today, Thursday, Muslims in Kurdistan and the world on the occasion of the blessed Eid al-Adha, "It is sad that Eid al-Adha comes to us while we are in a difficult economic situation, a difficult situation outside our will and the will of the Kurdistan Regional Government."

"We have, with the beginning of the crisis, done everything we can to reduce the negative consequences of the crisis on the lives and lives of citizens, but it is unfortunate that the financial crisis that has ravaged most of the countries of the world is greater than the financial capabilities available to the Kurdistan Regional Government."

Barzani added that, "despite all the difficulties, I sincerely hope that dear citizens will have full confidence in the region's government, which has spared no effort in its endeavors to secure financial dues for those who receive salaries in the Kurdistan region, hoping that our discussions with the federal government after the Eid holiday will lead to A balanced agreement guarantees the constitutional rights and entitlements of the people of the Kurdistan Region.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Masoud Barzani: to overcome disagreements

1596102662992.jpg

30th July, 2020

The Kurdish leader, President of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Masoud Barzani sent on Thursday a message of congratulations to Muslims in the Kurdistan Region, Iraq and the world on the occasion of Eid al-Adha.

In his telegram, in which he congratulated the families of the Peshmerga martyrs, Barzani said that “while we receive the Al-ADHA, we face great political, economic and health challenges,” adding that these challenges led to political instability and poor living conditions for the people of the region.”

He added, "I take the opportunity of Eid Al-Adha to invite the Kurdish political parties to address the problems and overcome the disagreements together within the framework of the interests of the region."

He continued by saying,” We always remember that with unity, the problems will be solved better, great gains will be achieved for our people, so I invite all parties to be at the level of what the people expect from them and at the same time to take into account the high Kurdish culture, by avoiding the tense and inappropriate speech.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Iraqi government implements wide-ranging security and other measures to secure border crossings

108178360_3105161639591812_7590068272653572372_o.jpg

30th July, 2020

Iraq’s Joint Operations Command announced that it was deploying military forces to Iraq’s land border crossings and sea ports.

The deployment follows a pledge by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi to assert the authority of the state over all of Iraq’s border crossings to root out corrupt practices, stop the loss of billions of dollars in import duties and impose the rule of law.

The military forces have been deployed to the Um Qasr and Khor Al-Zubair sea ports, and to the Shalamcheh, Abu Flus, Badrah, Al-Mundhiriyah, Al-Shayb and Zarbatiyah land border crossings with Iran. Forces were also deployed to Safwan land border crossing with Kuwait, Al-Qaim border crossing with Syria, Trebil with Jordan and to Arar border crossing with Saudi Arabia.

Iraq’s Ministry of Defence also announced that Basra Operations Command is securing the perimeter of the Shalamcheh border crossing with Iran by constructing a trench and other barriers to prevent smugglers from using unofficial entry points near the border crossing to evade the official customs post.

Restoring the rule of law

During a visit to Mendali border crossing with Iran in Diyala Province in July, the Prime Minister said that it was time to end corrupt practices at Iraqi border crossings and to confront what he described as the “shadowy figures” who intimidate and threaten Iraqi business people and citizens.

He added:

This is a message to the corrupt: today we began restoring law and order. The time when public money was being wasted under different guises is over. Today we started a new phase, as we promised we would, with regard to border crossings, which have become a den, a conduit and a foothold for the corrupt. Iraq’s customs posts will be under the protection of military forces.

Later, during a visit to the city of Basra, the Prime Minister specifically addressed corruption at Iraqi sea ports and reiterated his determination and that of the Iraqi government to end corrupt practices and the waste of public money at the ports:

The ports of Basra must be under the authority of the state. Billions of dollars have been wasted at the ports which went to the pockets of the corrupt.

While in Basra, the Prime Minister ordered eight senior customs officials to be removed from their posts at Um Qasr ports.

Modernising customs operations

The Prime Minister said that securing the customs posts and border crossings was the first step, to be followed by other measures including the modernisation of customs operations through the introduction of automation and streamlining procedures to combat corruption, end the waste of public money and improve revenue collection.

Wide-ranging reforms

Iraq’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Dr. Ali Allawi underscored, soon after coming into office, that this Iraqi government identified the diversification of the sources of state revenues, through ending the waste of public money, tackling corruption and increasing income from customs, as a top priority.

Dr. Allawi said that the new Iraqi government is committed to submitting a White Paper to Parliament in September 2020 which will set out a roadmap to reform the Iraqi economy, combat corruption, encourage investment and grow the private sector.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wtf - Even The Iraqi’s Have Enough Sense Not To ‘Defund’ The Police ! :o 

LINK

The United Nations Makes New Recommendations To Strengthen Local Police Programs In Iraq

image.jpeg.67edb609e9900801645487ac15e5fa4b.jpeg

30th July, 2020

The United Nations Development Program made important recommendations in the evaluation of its recent crises regarding the local police in Iraq, which included designing flexible programs, enhancing the role of women in police work, and organizing international projects.

The conflict assessment, which aims to support efforts to strengthen the work of the local police in Iraq, outlines the main recommendations to reduce the causes of conflict and promote peace, with a focus on two main governorates, Anbar and Nineveh.

The evaluation highlights different ways to address the causes of conflict and instability, and makes recommendations for strong and sustainable programs for local police work in Iraq.

“The local police play a fundamental role in establishing and consolidating peace in Iraq, especially after the years of conflict with ISIS,” said Ms. Zeina Ali Ahmed, the UNDP Resident Representative in Iraq. She added:“We hope this evaluation will be a useful tool for international partners and Iraqi decision-makers to develop strong and sustainable programs for the work of the local police, which reflect the interests of society, and promote a more peaceful and fair Iraq. In addition to increasing and enhancing the role of women in police work, and improving the access of women and girls to local police services.

It is noteworthy that the evaluation was made within the framework of the security sector reform project within the rule of law program, which is implemented by the United Nations Development Program in Iraq with "generous" funding from the Government of the Netherlands.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Mishaan Al-Jubouri attacking Iran: Moved its agents to annoy Al-Kazemi and prevent reforms!

2020.07.30 - 09:32

0f7320ce5-36638-202007300932.jpg

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, former lawmaker Mishaan al-Jubouri accused Iran of "moving its proxies and allies in parliament to prevent the passage of Al-Kazemi's reforms."  

Al-Jubouri said in a post, seen by "People" (July 30, 2020), that "Iran has started moving its proxies and allies in Parliament to annoy Mustafa Al-Kazemi and prevent the passage of his reforms."  

He added: "I also directed its sanctuaries among the demonstrators to demand its overthrow and fabricate fighting with the security forces to achieve two goals of revenge against the rebels because they were the cause of the fall of the government of its followers, and from Al-Kazemi because he did not accept what the guide demanded!"  

مشعان الجبوري

@mashanaljabouri
بدأت إيران تحريك وكلائها وحلفائها في البرلمان لازعاج مصطفى الكاظمي ومنع تمرير اصلاحاته كما وجهت مندسيها وسط المتظاهرين للمطالبة بإسقاطه وافتعال اقتتال مع القوات الامنية لتحقق هدفين الانتقام من الثوار لأنهم السبب في سقوط حكومة أتباعها،ومن الكاظمي لأنه لم يقبل بما طالبه به المرشد!

1:02 AM · Jul 30, 2020

Mishaan Al-Jubouri @mashanaljabouri Iran started moving its proxies and allies in parliament to annoy Mustafa Al-Kazemi and prevent the passage of his reforms as she directed her staff among the demonstrators to demand his overthrow and fabricate fighting with the security forces to achieve two goals revenge on the revolutionaries because they are the cause of the fall of the government of its followers, and from Al-Kazemi because he did not accept what the guide demanded of him

LINK

• Thanks 2

LINK

The Integrity Committee: Corruption files are larger than the capabilities of the commission, and we have a close meeting with Al-Kazemi

image.jpeg.421902ae52dcf715dc5a2b6bd72f82e9.jpeg

31st July, 2020

The Parliamentary Integrity Committee revealed, on Friday, a close meeting with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to discuss corruption files.

Member of the Committee, Deputy Jawad Al-Saadi, said, according to the official agency, "This meeting aims to discuss the government program presented to the House of Representatives, as well as discuss corruption files belonging to a number of ministries," pointing out that "corruption files are very many, and they are greater than the capabilities of a body Integrity, and few members of the commission have been unable to open these files since 2003.

Al-Saadi demanded that "the Integrity Committee transfer to a full circle of laws, administrators and accountants, and all that the committee needs to uncover files, especially after canceling the offices of general inspectors," noting that "there are a lot of corruption files affiliated with the Ministry of Oil, Trade, mobile phone contracts, and state real estate, And other files, including files referred to the Public Prosecution and Integrity Commission, and from them, subcommittees formed by the committee were transferred to investigate these files."

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, during his meeting with a delegation representing a number of Iraqi businessmen, had confirmed earlier that the government is serious about fighting corruption and holding accountable those who blackmail the private sector, while noting that the doors of his office are open to businessmen to present their complaints about any cases of blackmail they may face To her. 

• Upvote 3